• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
I think I had this discussion before. I'm not a fan of this approach. Hopefully this year's DDT event will result in more support so they think it's worth it to try.

They've made efforts within their means but like the English commentary shows but since they're not live, nobody watched. It really just leaves promo packages and live English commentary. The former they don't really do much of and the latter would be extraordinarily difficult. Finding a commentary-ready voice to digest and re-express with a modicum of comedic timing or awareness sounds impossible.

Definitely room for improvement but it'll never be what people hope it would be.

Newlib

Oct 25, 2017
Doubt they would bring Ronda back and not do Ronda vs. Becky

Yeah. I would agree with that.

I think Charlotte v Becky is the least likely. Not only is it overplayed, it benefits nobody.

I could see them doing Charlotte v Bayley especially if Sasha isn't healthy by WM as otherwise I have no idea who Bayley faces.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I believe that (much like with AJPW) the good stuff's owned by the original broadcaster, NTV in this case. Of course, CyberAgent have the resources to do a deal, but it's whether they see value in doing so that matters. Much like DDT and English language content, it's something that'll happen if fans give them a reason to head in that direction.

It's symptomatic of everything that's wrong with WWE these days, nothing happens organically. If there's excitement, it's because WWE has orchestrated it as planned, not because the audience (who the promotion continues to treat like idiots) are easily able to detect when a dude's brimming with natural charisma and should be pushed accordingly.

Drew McIntyre's rise feels pretty organic to me. They did a subtle face turn and gave him just enough push before the Rumble to make him look legit without making it obvious by overpushing him Cena/Roman style.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
Drew McIntyre's rise feels pretty organic to me. They did a subtle face turn and gave him just enough push before the Rumble to make him look legit without making it obvious by overpushing him Cena/Roman style.

The challenge is maintaining that. Plenty of performers have gotten over organically, but there's a tendency to put the corporate machine behind it after that and that's where things fall off the rails. That's how you go from Becky Lynch being the hottest thing in wrestling a year ago, to just another Superstar a year later.

Reigns himself got over organically as part of the Shield, but then they pushed him way too hard, way too fast, and tried to make him a Rock/Cena hybrid that was never a natural fit for him.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
People really need to stop having higher hopes than stepping stone for racist/homophobic white women for joshi in the WWE. Asuka's level of booking's the peak and it's hard to see Io/Kairi ever even getting there. Heck, they had Io and Kairi in NXT at the same time and opted to do nothing with them when it was the only chance they had in the company to be given the time and stage to put on a MotY candidate.

Just accept that the best of their career's behind them and stop supporting the pro-child murder company.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Really happy for Edge. It's amazing that he can do the thing he loves once again.
But makes me really wonder, what if he signed with AEW instead.

There's no way I'm watching WWE again, specially after seing Edge/Orton thing starting. We've been watching with Rumble with a friend last night and we both were "oh hey guess who's gonne be in feud with Orton now".
And somebody mentioned, shake hands after Wrestlemania, go RatedRKO once again. Yup, wait and see this exact thing to happen.
Nope. Just fuck this.

I'm really interested to see how they will hande Edge, but I'm expecting really nothing from it. This will show Punk that there's no way (besides money) he needs to sign with WWE again.

Sorry for a litte bitch whining, but I'm pretty sad hearing that he could've gone to the competition.

Edge is a WWE lifer. He grew up on it, hasn't significantly worked anywhere else, and was treated very well there for pretty much his entire tenure. I doubt he has any desire to work for AEW.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Edge is a WWE lifer. He grew up on it, hasn't significantly worked anywhere else, and was treated very well there for pretty much his entire tenure. I doubt he has any desire to work for AEW.

Apparently he was in talks with AEW because Vince wasn't interested in bringing him back. Then all of a sudden Vince had a change of heart. The Daniel Bryan, if you will

I honestly don't think Edge would've went anywhere else though.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Look, people still support STARDOM, and they're as pro-child as it gets

Do we have to do this again Dave? Are you going to start getting upset about personal attacks again because it's ridiculous how often you've tried to push Steph as a feminist icon? Please tell me how there's no issues with hiring child abusers or having a company ran by a rapist who's literally covered up murders/rapes and killed employees all whilst running propaganda for a country fame for the murder, rape, and genocide of women and children is fine...

It's fucking hilarious to see WWE defenders start acting like paragon's of morality out of nowhere when Stardom's discussed whilst they play lip-service to a company in bed with the Saudi's who did some horrifically transphobic shit a couple of nights ago and got upset at people who even dared to mention it. Not to forget you can easily support Stardom whilst not supporting the merch, where as it's impossible to support the WWE without also supporting their shit.

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Trolling
Do we have to do this again Dave? Are you going to start getting upset about personal attacks again because it's ridiculous how often you've tried to push Steph as a feminist icon? Please tell me how there's no issues with hiring child abusers or having a company ran by a rapist who's literally covered up murders/rapes and killed employees all whilst running propaganda for a country fame for the murder, rape, and genocide of women and children is fine...

It's fucking hilarious to see WWE defenders start acting like paragon's of morality out of nowhere when Stardom's discussed whilst they play lip-service to a company in bed with the Saudi's who did some horrifically transphobic shit a couple of nights ago and got upset at people who even dared to mention it. Not to forget you can easily support Stardom whilst not supporting the merch, where as it's impossible to support the WWE without also supporting their shit.
lmao

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Kittle fucking rules. As a 49ers fan I'm glad we have him

el-jugador-de-la-nfl_0_20_900_560.jpg

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Major NXT spoiler for tomorrow's episode, per PWInsider:

Charlotte is slated to appear and challenge Rhea for the NXT Women's Championship at Wrestlemania

Oct 25, 2017
Neither person. I just zone out of the main title picture for now since Io is injured. Maybe I'll watch the Dakota/Tegan feud, but otherwise my interest is gonna be at a pretty low level heading into Wrestlemania season.
Dakota has really come into her own. I don't think there's any saving Tegan. Still as interesting as cardboard.

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
There's so much good wrestling that week that you can't go wrong. I'm going back in two or three years.

I just gotta pace it out cause I will be going with my fiance and she will go to the Tokyo Dome but doesn't want to hit up every wrestling show. Gonna pick and choose. Maybe do WK and like a NOAH show. Maybe by that point in time, it will be a NOAH/DDT crossover show.

Or take her to BJW lol.

The Kid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also there are so many gimmick shows during Mania weekend, how come no one has booked an all hoss show? Ethan Page's show definitely does not count.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
I just gotta pace it out cause I will be going with my fiance and she will go to the Tokyo Dome but doesn't want to hit up every wrestling show. Gonna pick and choose. Maybe do WK and like a NOAH show. Maybe by that point in time, it will be a NOAH/DDT crossover show.

Or take her to BJW lol.

Ah gotcha. Do you think she would be interested in joshi? TJPW had one of the better shows of the weekend.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Or take her to BJW lol.
Didn't someone in Wrestling Twitter go to a perverts-only show in Japan this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.