• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
free youtube highlight reel for TJPW 1/4 Korakuen, get involved

EOPt7nVVAAcvJcm

Itoh with fan

Great show, some of Itohs best work. Main event was ok but the comedy stuff early hurt it

Tag matches were all a good time. Aja looked to have so much fun

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
WK 2019 was a bad show

Cody/Juice was probably the worst NJPW match of the year

Only match that really stood out to me was Naito/Jericho

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017
I was at Double or Nothing and still voted for something else, either Peter Pan or Spring Break I don't remember which one. i think all of those were better than WK!
I'll leave it to someone else to tell the group why they should have voted for Blue Demon Jr. vs. Dr. Wagner Jr.
I voted for it since the match wasn't nominated (oops) but there was no greater imagery in 2019 than the bloodied Blue Demon Jr standing tall over a defeated, brutalized Wagner while "Around the World" is playing
I'd like to thank my fans for the opportunity, one day we'll get enough people to leave the thread that the 19.4% will be the majority 🙏
much love to you Brian_FETO

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Double or Nothing voted as a better show then WK.

You should all be ashamed.

Not only was Double or Nothing a better show than Wrestle Kingdom, I felt like there wasn't much Double or Nothing could do to be better than what it was. Replace that BR with the one from All In, and it's a perfect show top to bottom.

I felt like Wrestle Kingdom could have been much better than it was. Between being eager to beat the Elite and get them the fuck out of there, and the fact that they were trying to cut the show time down, it felt like a weird show. So many matches should've gotten more time and they just came to a quick end out of nowhere.

So yeah, it wasn't even close. Tanahashi/Kenny was good, and even if I was salty at first I love Tanahashi getting the title again. But after that and Ospreay/Ibushi it wasn't much to remember.

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
Not only was Double or Nothing a better show than Wrestle Kingdom, I felt like there wasn't much Double or Nothing could do to be better than what it was. Replace that BR with the one from All In, and it's a perfect show top to bottom.

I felt like Wrestle Kingdom could have been much better than it was. Between being eager to beat the Elite and get them the fuck out of there, and the fact that they were trying to cut the show time down, it felt like a weird show. So many matches should've gotten more time and they just came to a quick end out of nowhere.

So yeah, it wasn't even close. Tanahashi/Kenny was good, and even if I was salty at first I love Tanahashi getting the title again. But after that and Ospreay/Ibushi it wasn't much to remember.

You know what, that is fair. Double or Nothing was a damn near perfect show combined with the hype of AEW ready to debut made it a super hot event.

I stand corrected.

Oct 8, 2019
Kofi's journey to WM was robbed in all categories.

I voted for it because it had the best story, and easily had the best payoff. Sadly it couldn't beat a story where some guy beats a guy who cant fight back so some other guy beats him up, and the story ends with the villain just beating up another guy.

Jesus fucking Christ. I got to enjoy exactly one Emily Andzulis match before she got co-opted.

So you think she has a lot of potential?

deli

Oct 25, 2017
Double or Nothing carried a lot of symbolic weight. WK was down from the ones two years before and while New York was the best takeover event yet (and my pick), that formula has already been well trodden at this point. Double or Nothing stood out in both importance and consistent quality in a wide range of styles. They really nailed it in their first go, and it's a shame they kind of drifted away from what made that show special.

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
So you think she has a lot of potential?

Huge upside. I'm sure I could dig through previous threads and find receipts for how long I've thought she was great but ever since she was on The Titan Games it was apparent she was destined for pro wrestling and her background in shoot fighting sure as heck helps. When Cody announced last year that they were going to sign people to develop them she was the only one I tweeted about in that context. I was hoping for an indie run and a pass through Stardom before she gobbled but she has limitless potential. She's gonna be fucking huge.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Double or Nothing carried a lot of symbolic weight. WK was down from the ones two years before and while New York was the best takeover event yet (and my pick), that formula has already been well trodden at this point. Double or Nothing stood out in both importance and consistent quality in a wide range of styles. They really nailed it in their first go, and it's a shame they kind of drifted away from what made that show special.
i've been pretty down on AEW, but this is more or less why i voted for it in the carnies

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huge upside. I'm sure I could dig through previous threads and find receipts for how long I've thought she was great but ever since she was on The Titan Games it was apparent she was destined for pro wrestling and her background in shoot fighting sure as heck helps. When Cody announced last year that they were going to sign people to develop them she was the only one I tweeted about in that context. I was hoping for an indie run and a pass through Stardom before she gobbled but she has limitless potential. She's gonna be fucking huge.
I hope she turns out better than Kacy Catanzaro did. I remember the same hype for her.

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
I never even thought to mention it (I still think the answer is Mox) but Janela probably deserves recognition for comeback of the year

Dude came back like 6 months earlier than expected from his injury and had the best matches of his career. He's been wallowing around doing a whole lot of nothing but in terms of big match spots he's delivered big both on indie shows and on AEW against Omega/Mox

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else remember when WWE used OJ footage and passed it off as being fro the match? This might be the best Insert City Streetfight/Brawl

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Currently a tie in voting for both Joshi of the Year and Joshi Feud of the Year 👀

Status
Not open for further replies.