• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Not in this case. There is nothing to be happy about. This personally sucks for me as an Io fan. Because now this opens the door to main roster booking bullshit/politics that plagues the women's division to infect NXT.

let's be real, they could put the title on Io tomorrow and you'd still find some way to twist it into a negative and give some doom prophecy about how she's gonna be buried in two months

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
You get out what you put in. The ddtpro_eng and hi5ame Twitter accounts are all you need for both.

I think I had this discussion before. I'm not a fan of this approach. Hopefully this year's DDT event will result in more support so they think it's worth it to try.

Pretty much. Riddle is a supremely confident dude who knows his worth and has the mentality of a star. The lesson is; stop that. There are no stars in WWE, only the brand.

He's the sort of guy that they would have propelled to the moon twenty years ago, but in 2020 he needs to shut up and do as he's told.

That's insane to me. The company continues to lose money, they can't sell at house shows and their ratings suck, though they'll likely pop a big one this week, their approach doesn't work.

My friends and I went to see "Smackville" and it was half empty and we didn't even try hard to get in. Just showed up the day of 'cause we wanted something to do. That's how people see the biggest company in wrestling.

And instead of trying new things, they've got to try and fuck with stars to teach em a lesson? Garbage.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Io's probably headed back to Stardom anyway right? Either that or Evil's moving to the US.

I think Io has a year and a bit left on her contract (plus however long she's out injured) though.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That's insane to me. The company continues to lose money, they can't sell at house shows and their ratings suck, though they'll likely pop a big one this week, their approach doesn't work.

My friends and I went to see "Smackville" and it was half empty and we didn't even try hard to get in. Just showed up the day of 'cause we wanted something to do. That's how people see the biggest company in wrestling.

And instead of trying new things, they've got to try and fuck with stars to teach em a lesson? Garbage.

Remember the Vince quote: "I'd rather have a half-full building chanting for the person I tell them to than a full building cheering the person they want."

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
let's be real, they could put the title on Io tomorrow and you'd still find some way to twist it into a negative and give some doom prophecy about how she's gonna be buried in two months
Dude. I have every right to be pissed. I want to see Io get her time at the top on NXT. She reinvented her entire character and got super over. And now it is almost certainly never happening.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Remember the Vince quote: "I'd rather have a half-full building chanting for the person I tell them to than a full building cheering the person they want."

....Wait. What? Who tf said this? Vince., as in Vinny Marseglia? The dude in the Kingdom?

Dude. I have every right to be pissed. I want to see Io get her time at the top on NXT. She reinvented her entire character and got super over. And now it is almost certainly never happening.

You are perpetually angry about their booking.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

I'm not saying you can't be upset. Just that you almost religiously post about how Io is being wronged and it's just a thing of like at a certain point you should just stop watching it if you're that bothered by her booking. Especially if you are as confident as you seem to be that she's doomed and it'll never change. Just seems like a lot of energy wasted on something you are clearly not enjoying at all.

Oct 25, 2017
So is Rhea going to wrestle twice in one week with TakeOver and Wrestlemania? This definitely feels like Triple H's doing.

There's no way Charlotte is winning that match. Just a way for NXT to get more spotlight and a possible ratings bump.

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Give me a NOAH streaming service with a the good stuff. If it's part of universe even better

I believe that (much like with AJPW) the good stuff's owned by the original broadcaster, NTV in this case. Of course, CyberAgent have the resources to do a deal, but it's whether they see value in doing so that matters. Much like DDT and English language content, it's something that'll happen if fans give them a reason to head in that direction.

It's symptomatic of everything that's wrong with WWE these days, nothing happens organically. If there's excitement, it's because WWE has orchestrated it as planned, not because the audience (who the promotion continues to treat like idiots) are easily able to detect when a dude's brimming with natural charisma and should be pushed accordingly.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
but for her it's a long ass flight to see her husband and vice-versa. As I said it could be Evil heading to AEW or something, but either way I'd think one of them is changing promotions.

say hello to the top star of NXT Japan, Io Shirai!

and now she lives in Japan again

look at that I solved it

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
but for her it's a long ass flight to see her husband and vice-versa. As I said it could be Evil heading to AEW or something, but either way I'd think one of them is changing promotions.
Only Dave has speculated she is leaving. There is no actual word on her leaving. She has a post up on her personal blog from a month earlier (before this report broke out) that she has no problems living in the US right now and enjoys her time in WWE.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I had this discussion before. I'm not a fan of this approach. Hopefully this year's DDT event will result in more support so they think it's worth it to try.

Hm.

This is why caring about anything that WWE puts out is utterly pointless and not worth anyone's time or energy.

Oct 25, 2017
Only Dave has speculated she is leaving. There is no actual word on her leaving. She has a post up on her personal blog from a month earlier (before this report broke out) that she has no problems living in the US right now and enjoys her time in WWE.
I was told she was FUMING MAD at having to do the job here and there in WWE and she would jump ship at the very first opportunity because she lost a match!

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
say hello to the top star of NXT Japan, Io Shirai!

and now she lives in Japan again

look at that I solved it

If they ever start this thing lol. Almost every company they go to seems to be turning them down, at this rate they're going to have to start from scratch on their own. How long has it been since they talked about Meiko as a trainer? Feels like ages

True, but Stardom making a big play for her is a certainty as Dave would have heard that from Rossy through Fumi.

And I'm not surprised she'd say that lol, I'm sure she sees what happens to people who are publicly unhappy (assuming she is planning on leaving). If I was her I'd be pretending I wanted to sign a new contract to the very last second I could stall off.

Oct 25, 2017
So is Rhea going to wrestle twice in one week with TakeOver and Wrestlemania? This definitely feels like Triple H's doing.

There's no way Charlotte is winning that match. Just a way for NXT to get more spotlight and a possible ratings bump.
You could mint Rhea for life if she wins. Very little downside to having Charlotte lose that, and a huge upside for DiarRhea.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If they ever start this thing lol. Every company they go to seems to be turning them down, at this rate they're going to have to start from scratch on their own.

they essentially already have Senjo due to the Meiko connection

they just need to find a men's promotion, and even then it's not a complete necessity as the only thing they ever really used PROGRESS for was getting bookings for guys when they weren't using them. they barely even interact with wXw and ICW.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they ever start this thing lol. Almost every company they go to seems to be turning them down, at this rate they're going to have to start from scratch on their own. How long has it been since they talked about Meiko as a trainer? Feels like ages

True, but Stardom making a big play for her is a certainty as Dave would have heard that from Rossy through Fumi.

And I'm not surprised she'd say that lol, I'm sure she sees what happens to people who are publicly unhappy. If I was her I'd be pretending I wanted to sign a new contract to the very last second I could stall off.
HEAT UP is right there.

Zero1, Wrestle-1, and AJPW were always my picks to be seeded by WWE.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

And I'm not surprised she'd say that lol, I'm sure she sees what happens to people who are publicly unhappy. If I was her I'd be pretending I wanted to sign a new contract to the very last second I could stall off.

Bushiroad's "big play" and WWE's "big play" are approximately a universe apart

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Bushiroad's "big play" and WWE's "big play" are approximately a universe apart

Sure, but I mentioned it with the idea that she'd want to be in the same country as her husband and would take lower pay to WWE's offer to accomplish that as long as it was still decent.

Giving her a load of money to rot in a potential NXT Japan as you mentioned would be a possibility though

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, but I mentioned it with the idea that she'd want to be in the same country as her husband and would take lower pay to WWE's offer to accomplish that as long as it was still decent.

Giving her a load of money to rot in a potential NXT Japan as you mentioned would be a possibility though

Io vs. Sareee every week for the rest of time

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Yeah. We have all seen what WWE will do in order to get potential major stars to stay. They likely do not want to lose Io to Stardom (and potentially AEW as well).

If they think they can get her to stay, its way more likely she will get several dumptrucks of money backed up to her house, and called up to the main roster and given a massive push.

Io vs. Sareee every week for the rest of time

Sareee is US bound in March, friendo. Its already been announced by her and DIANA.

Slightconfuse

Oct 25, 2017
I believe that (much like with AJPW) the good stuff's owned by the original broadcaster, NTV in this case. Of course, CyberAgent have the resources to do a deal, but it's whether they see value in doing so that matters. Much like DDT and English language content, it's something that'll happen if fans give them a reason to head in that direction.

It's symptomatic of everything that's wrong with WWE these days, nothing happens organically. If there's excitement, it's because WWE has orchestrated it as planned, not because the audience (who the promotion continues to treat like idiots) are easily able to detect when a dude's brimming with natural charisma and should be pushed accordingly.
If I ever win the lottery I'm buying these tape libraries and starting my own service

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, Dave says the plan for Charlotte right now is to challenge Rhea Ripley. Guess that leaves Becky open for Shayna. No idea what Bayley does.
That's actually a really good idea, I assumed they were gonna take the title from Bayley and have Charlotte challenge whoever takes it from her, I don't see them putting Charlotte back in nxt so it's also an open win for Rhea

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
If you actually watch Japanese wrestling you should hope this shit doesn't happen.
I never said I wanted an NXT Japan. I am saying if it does launch, it will likely be a hilarious failure. WWE managing to spectacularly fuck up buying Stardom shows they have no idea how to actually operate over there.

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda intrigued by the concept of NXT Japan, as traditionally WWE have struggled to figure out what the Japanese audience wants - a good example of this is often having a token Japanese star in the main events of any tours over there, regardless of their current standing in the promotion. Japanese WWE fans want the WWE product, not a product that WWE have attempted to tailor to Japanese tastes. It's popular to that section of fans because of its differences to the promotions already available to them.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Edge did mention in his promo that he wants to wrestle a lot of the new guys, so I imagine we'll get those matches at some point.
This feud is probably just for the blood money show, but.. eurgh.

Women aside, it feels like the roster has gone 10+ years back in time. It's not bad, so much as super weird. MVP? Edge feuding with Randy? Drew McIntyre getting a push? Santina?

All of that is justifiable, perhaps other than Santina, but it's still weird. NXT becoming it's own show isn't bringing in young viewers. Santina sure isn't bringing in young viewers. It's all so short sighted, but then I guess WWE is publicly traded. They can afford to coast or fuck up for a while, but at some point they're going to need to address how old their audiences gets.

Slightconfuse

Oct 25, 2017
EPXHVBKUEAA7ABY

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
WWE announced tour dates for their annual Japan tour. Its in July.

Kairi is plugging it. She is staying in WWE. And now I am even more sad.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

Meltzer goes on later on WOR to say it he thinks that spot might actually be Rousey and they're listing Rhea as Charlotte's opponent as a placeholder to preserve the surprise.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
The doom and gloom around Io's booking never made sense to me, cause her booking isn't even bad. She's top 3 in the division (2 now that they're clearly shifting gears with Shayna)

But like in terms of where she is and where she could be, the only place she could be higher is #1 and let's be real, Rhea was nuclear hot when she got that title and is still white hot.

So i really don't get what's wrong with Io's position.

She crazy protected
Basically never takes pins
Never cheats, despite being a heel
And is crazy over.

Like she's not Kairi who's basically just a kendo stick for Asuka (This is the real Tragedy of Japanese bookings in WWE)
Hell she's not even Asuka, who's basically the Woman who feuds with the guy but not the guy.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm in the mood for Japanese graps, what is the most recent DDT event worth watching for someone who doesn't know the company

There has been a lot with the grand prix and everything over the last few months.

Did you watch Ultimate Party? Pretty great place to start I think.

*edit* and yeah the latest show was pretty awesome.

Eruption gonna be awesome.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
There has been a lot with the grand prix and everything over the last few months.

Did you watch Ultimate Party? Pretty great place to start I think.
Probably the most recent tbh; https://www.ddtpro.com/universe/videos/7751 Masato Tanaka challenging HARASHIMA for the title, and the tag match looks good as well.

Thanks friends. Never seen a single DDT show but heard good things about Ultimate Party
Are they doing the NJPW world thing where you're charged the 1st of each month? If so I'll wait a few days before subbing.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Thanks friends. Never seen a single DDT show but heard good things about Ultimate Party
Are they doing the NJPW world thing where you're charged the 1st of each month? If so I'll wait a few days before subbing.

Yeah, first of each of month.

You get the first month free, but then get charged for the second month, I believe. For new subscribers, anyways.

Peter Pan and Judgement from last year are super good too if you are willing to go back many months.

Status
Not open for further replies.