• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Japanese gamers weigh in on some video game properties they'd want to see made into anime. Being honest: I'd love just about all of these (Jack Jeane is coming out overseas next year, so I'm excited to to see it hyped by enough to appear on this list!). Also some of these even sound like they'd be great even by a Western studio. I'd die seeing Splatoon in animated form, and Xeno- deserves a chance to be animated again.

[Via Anime! Anime!]
FlBtPGiWYAAZYV4

But I dunno! Weigh in Era! Do you want to see any of these happen?? Any YOU want to pitch?

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Minecraft anime sounds like a fever dream. I'd take an Elden Ring or Dark Souls anime. Or actually hit me with a good Smash Bros anime if we were going to make a Nintendo based anime.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
We got an Animal Crossing anime and we were so close to a Kingdom Hearts cartoon. A 3 Houses anime would be pretty sweet.

Jameson

Nov 23, 2017
I have no clue what 9 or 10 is, but I would watch any of the top 8 if created.

Strong list!

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Splatoon, maybe.
Xenoblade could work, but it could also be horrible.
BotW, no.
FE:TH is probably the best bet to work well.
Animal Crossing, no.
Rest I don't know. But if they are pitching Minecraft I'll top that with Tetris.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Toby would be down for an Undertale anime. I feel like he actually might be against it cause it goes against "the point" of Undertale as a product.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Toby would be down for an Undertale anime. I feel like he actually might be against it cause it goes against "the point" of Undertale as a product.
I don't know his opinion but I do agree. Undertale as a whole plays with the concept of MANY video game mechanics in it's story.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
i'm not surprised to see Splatoon at number 1, that series feels like it should have some animated adapation at some point

i also feel like Kingdom Hearts at one point will also get some form of adaptation, it's been throw around for awhile so i'm sure something will stick one day

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm not surprised to see Splatoon at number 1, that series feels like it should have some animated adapation at some point

i also feel like Kingdom Hearts at one point will also get some form of adaptation, it's been throw around for awhile so i'm sure something will stick one day
I have a feeling Disney would be a huuuuuge barrier. At best we'd get some OVA that is just the original characters without the Disney.

Andrew J

Oct 26, 2017
The Adirondacks
A Splatoon anime could be a sports story about a Turf War team, an adaptation of a single-player campaign (or general take on the concept of heroes fighting Octarians), or...both?

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
I read [Anime!Anime!] as a panicked warning that this thread contains dangerous amounts of anime and to keep your guard up.

Slice of life Animal Crossing could be good.

Metal Gear Rising by Trigger thx.

Paragon

May 5, 2018
Some of these could really work but I think some of them would fail spectacularly. I'll go against the grain a bit and say Animal Crossing would work really well as a chill, slice-of-life anime but there's no point in making a Three Houses anime because you're cutting off significant chunks of the fanbase unless you want to make the damn thing three times.

Alex de Souza

Jul 14, 2022
Sekiro is by far the game I would most like to see adapted as an anime. I even made a thread about it.

I like some of the games on the list, but I don't think I'd pick any of them.

Jameson

Nov 23, 2017
Some of these could really work but I think some of them would fail spectacularly. I'll go against the grain a bit and say Animal Crossing would work really well as a chill, slice-of-life anime but there's no point in making a Three Houses anime because you're cutting off significant chunks of the fanbase unless you want to make the damn thing three times.
I agree. I could imagine adapting New Leaf, a slice of life anime about a mayor fixing the shenanigans of the town.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they still remember the attempts at Final Fantasy anime and want none of that.

A Splatoon anime could be a sports story about a Turf War team, an adaptation of a single-player campaign (or general take on the concept of heroes fighting Octarians), or...both?

Sports anime.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Both Fire Emblem Three Houses and Kingdom Hearts are understandable choices to be honest. Three Houses could easily be adapted into a really good anime if we're being honest and Kingdom Hearts might not be as easy to adapt but a TV show or anime where each episode stars a different world that Sora, Donald and Goofy visit could make for a legitimately fun time. I get the Splatoon love too but I honestly don't know how much with that IP in terms of adapting it to an anime.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Jack Jeanne would make a great anime. If anyone doesn't know the game, it's a visual novel being localized by Aksys coming out next year.

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
Hyrule Warriors: Age Of Calamity (and the memories from Breath Of The Wild), Skyward Sword would work for Zelda anime.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Three Houses anime could be amazing...it could also cause a shitstorm of discourse lol

Dnomla

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I'm actually surprised Xenoblade placed so high at # 2. It would make a decent anime, but I doubt it would overall be that great.

Although, you could say in a way that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 already has an anime adaptation....

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Buddy Mission is the only one I can say I'm even remotely interested in.

Umm... I'd like to see more Uchikoshi adaptations just because Punch Line was cool (though he wrote that, and it straight up worked better as an anime than a game). Remember 11 maybe, because we'd get more Hidari designs animated which is always a net positive.

Last edited:

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My pick would be Nier Automata but.... well

OP
OP
Dice

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Only 1600 correspondants?
yeah i know haha Nothing on the last Pokemon one with ~178k votes.

But I still like the question and think the fans voted pretty well for some interesting/popular choices.

...also it's a dorky video game poll, nothing THAT important 😅 😆

Last edited:

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Personally, i actually think he would be fine with it, as long as the anime took liberties to change how the story interact with the medium.

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
kind of incredible that Splatoon hasn't had an anime yet, considering how big it is in Japan. I want a Splatoon rhythm game too.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017

For an adaptation of Undertale? Absolutely not.

A cartoon-series of shorts all about the silly shenanigans happening in the Underground? Now that I can see Toby Fox being for.

DXB-KNIGHT

Oct 27, 2017
Well there is a Splatoon Manga so an anime adaptation can easily be done.

Although I love the Xenoblade universes but an anime adaptation would not work unless it is an original story set in the same universe.