• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
[Via Nintendo News - October 9th, 2020]
mynintendonews.com

Japan: Tokyo Game Show 2020 public poll for most wanted video games (winners)

During the Tokyo Game Show Online 2020 Famitsu, Dengeki, 4Gamer, and V Jump all conducted a public poll for Japanese Twitter users to vote on their favourite games from the show.

Famitsu, Dengeki, 4Gamer, and V Jump all conducted a public poll for Japanese Twitter users to vote on their favourite games from the show. The poll asked Japanese gamers to vote for their most anticipated games that are scheduled to release from 24th September 2020 onwards.

6,400 votes were cast on this public poll and here are the results:

1) Genshin Impact

2) Monster Hunter Rise

3) Project Sekai Colorful Stage! feat. Hatsune Miku

4) Devil May Cry 5 : Special Edition

5) Resident Evil : Village

6) Monster Hunter Stories 2

7) Final Fantasy XVI

8) Shin Megami Tensei III Nocture HD Remaster.

9) Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

10) Sakura Revolution

11) R-Type Final 2

12) Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa Heisei Reiwa mo Teiban!

13) Cyberpunk 2077

14) NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139

15) Dynasty Warriors 9

Any games on this list ya'll give a shit about ERA?

Last edited:

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
Waifu Impact?

I'm surprised. I shouldn't be and I'm kinda not but I still am.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Cyberpunk is the only non-Japanese game on the list, lol. Everyone wants this game.

I know miHoYo is from Shanghai but the game is classified as a gacha JRPG. You know what I mean, lol. Cyberpunk sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the list!

Last edited:

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The fact that Stories 2 is more popular on that list than XVI sure is impressive. But then the hype around it from non-hardcore seems somewhat muted so far.

Nier's too low, and Dokapon shouldn't be absent.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
I'm looking forward to RE 8, FFXVI, Hyrule Warriors, Cyberpunk and Nier Replicant from that list. Not sure if I want to replay SMT 3 or not.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What's with the "Waifu Impact" name? Just write the real title (Genshin Impact)
Pretty interesting that a non JP game has become this popular over there. Good on miHoYo.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I'm amazed R-Type final 2 is on that list considering the combination of super sporadic updates that happened thanks to COVID and having virtually no presence at all and only getting like maybe 30 extra seconds of trailer footage attached to an existing trailer thats attached to the first trailer. I was kind of expecting them to demo the game in an actual gameplay enviroment by now even with the virus being at play.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Waifu Impact..........

WwRVct5.gif

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who has negative fkn interest in waifus yet loves Genshin, the number of people who continue to only boil the game down to that is really god damn annoying. :/

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Folks may be on the hype train for Cyberpunk but it clearly can't beat the literal hype trains of Momotaro Dentetsu

Momotaro-Dentetsu_09-04-19.jpg

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Dynasty Warriors 9? I think you mean 10. DW9 has been out for awhile.

Remember, the naming is different in Japan. Dynasty Warriors 10 would be Shin Sangoku Musou 9 in Japan.

EDIT: Or maybe DW9 Empires? Not sure if that's out in Japan...

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
OP you went from Waifu Impact to Gacha Impact wtf is wrong with you?

Also, I didn't know there was going to be a new Miku game

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dynasty Warriors 9? I think you mean 10. DW9 has been out for awhile.

Remember, the naming is different in Japan. Dynasty Warriors 10 would be Shin Sangoku Musou 9 in Japan.

EDIT: Or maybe DW9 Empires? Not sure if that's out in Japan...

DW9 Empires was announced I don't think the new DW mainline game was.

Will say a majority of the stuff on the list I'm pretty interested in, especially the Capcom stuff.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
DW9 Empires was announced I don't think the new DW mainline game was.

lol yeah, I'm in the loop just enough to know that DW9 Empires is a thing that people are excited for as it should be a return to form for DW because DW9 was apparently bad. Beyond that (and the new Hyrule Warriors) I'm so out of touch with the goings ons of Omega Force these days.

Nov 1, 2017
Gacha Impact being Genshin Impact didn't click for me lol, and then the rest of the thread was calling it "Waifu Impact" and I got even more confused. Seeing R-Type on that list is pretty neat, I didn't think scrolling shooters were popular enough to even make those sorts of lists but it's not a genre I play close attention to.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
DMC5 higher than RE8?

What form of power is this?

EDIT:

Wait, is Sakura Revolution another Sakura Wars game?

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who has negative fkn interest in waifus yet loves Genshin, the number of people who continue to only boil the game down to that is really god damn annoying. :/

For real... I guess they think they appear funny, when they mostly appear pretty ignorant.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Nothing too surprising about this list. A little sporadic but a lot of these games had extra info about them at the show compared to others. Guess it depends who/what your following but the gaming crowd on youtube in Japan seems really pumped for Cyberpunk. It's not going to set records being a Z rated game and limiting its audience/exposure but a lot of the bigger gaming centric youtubers are already waiting.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
That Baajiru bump for DMC5.

You hear that? Sounds like a storm, maybe. One that's approaching...