• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is going on with Brown Dust on iOS, it's still in maintenance on iOS (thats nearly two days now?)

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
The Seven Deadly Sins gacha, which is poised to be the next big gacha, is releasing June 4th.
Thanks for the info.
Managed to get all the bloom crystals for the event character in Starlight Revue.
Got event unit 6 star and been autoing 15 key boss. Lolling the chance of certain orbs to drop from story (chapter 5 & 6). Been pouring over 500 stamina to one golden orb for Yachio rank up panel and still missing it. Man such a bullshit, oh well its stamina and I get the keys. Just makes it certain that I wont use any money to this game.

I stopped playing EXVIUS forever ago when they increased the star rarity limit, but god damn of the music from that game almost pull me back in.
Same, I'm waiting for War of the visions to see if that's any better, but the whole 7* is such bullshit

My account there is 3 years old today. I think I have missed 2 login days. But I agree 7* is bullshit and game is nowadays very laggy & loading everywhere and UI is awful. Spaghetti code doing its job. Most of the days I just log in, collect freebies and close the app thanks to horrible ui. Then there are days when I actually do some stuff. So many problems in that game.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
What is going on with Brown Dust on iOS, it's still in maintenance on iOS (thats nearly two days now?)

That's really weird. The android app has been fine, maintenance was normal. Maybe something with apple's OS screwed up something critical for the game? I know the recent version has also been acknowledged by the DL devs to be causing issues for iOS users, so it might be even worse for Brown Dust.

Got event unit 6 star and been autoing 15 key boss. Lolling the chance of certain orbs to drop from story (chapter 5 & 6). Been pouring over 500 stamina to one golden orb for Yachio rank up panel and still missing it. Man such a bullshit, oh well its stamina and I get the keys. Just makes it certain that I wont use any money to this game.

At least this time around they fully reimburse you the coins if you 6* her during the event, which wasn't the case for Junna I don't think. But man, they introduce another gacha character midway through this event, specifically designed for PvP. I can't wait for when we're all caught up and don't have to deal with this breakneck content rollout pace.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for Kirafest so I can finally pull and not always have just my starter pulls and the event characters.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
But man, they introduce another gacha character midway through this event, specifically designed for PvP. I can't wait for when we're all caught up and don't have to deal with this breakneck content rollout pace.
I can't wait for Kirafest so I can finally pull and not always have just my starter pulls and the event characters.

Oh new unit again, right :D. Iam still in Bronze rank, was going to to do one pvp yesterday (been doing one per day) for 40 sta. Kinda hate that it is win needed for to get that daily reward. But I couldnt do pvp cause it was counting score or something (weekly thing?).

I have ~23k gems and I will blow all of them when first KFest comes, not sure I can get to 30k for guaranteed 4* random girl. I do have 4x base 4* units so I still got some ranking & star increasing to do Karouko & Yachio are 6*, Maya 5* and Ichie 4*, (sorry if I typoed names). The mistake I made was to rank up event girl too high, noticed too late that it ate a lot of coins. But now I know for the future to check and monitor closely how high I want it to be leveled. Rank 7 was overkill.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Oh new unit again, right :D. Iam still in Bronze rank, was going to to do one pvp yesterday (been doing one per day) for 40 sta. Kinda hate that it is win needed for to get that daily reward. But I couldnt do pvp cause it was counting score or something (weekly thing?).

I have ~23k gems and I will blow all of them when first KFest comes, not sure I can get to 30k for guaranteed 4* random girl. I do have 4x base 4* units so I still got some ranking & star increasing to do Karouko & Yachio are 6*, Maya 5* and Ichie 4*, (sorry if I typoed names). The mistake I made was to rank up event girl too high, noticed too late that it ate a lot of coins. But now I know for the future to check and monitor closely how high I want it to be leveled. Rank 7 was overkill.

You don't need a win for the PvP stamina daily, you can just queue and immediately forfeit for the quest completion.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Took me 391 out of the 400 draws to get the final set of potential crystals from the pool in Starlight. Talk about shit luck lol.

Last edited:

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playing a game called Witches Weapon on my Tablet Fire.

The main character gets genderswapped early on it seems, which is why I am giving it a look (Hey we all got our interests and this is my bait.)

Plays like a bit like Honkai Impact mixed with Destiny Child, I like how the main character switches weapons depending on the spirit or whatever you tap.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Revue Starlight's PVP sure got harder. From what I've heard, they'll make bot teams out of the most popular cards each season, so that's why you'll see bots with full out meta teams that will tear your asshole apart. It will only get worse once Chirstmas Mahiru and Goddess Hikari come.

Laice

Oct 27, 2017
Playing a game called Witches Weapon on my Tablet Fire.

The main character gets genderswapped early on it seems, which is why I am giving it a look (Hey we all got our interests and this is my bait.)

Plays like a bit like Honkai Impact mixed with Destiny Child, I like how the main character switches weapons depending on the spirit or whatever you tap.
i still hope we will get it in the west too

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Decided to try out the 20 key boss now that I've already gotten 6* event character in Revue Starlight, and I discovered I could actually do the 20 key boss in one attempt even with a Yachiyo helper. Granted, both my event character and Yachiyo are max level, 6*, and rank 7 skill panels, so it still has pretty steep requirements regardless. That being said, I'm pleasantly surprised that you don't require the gacha event character this time around. Cant auto though, so it's slow going and would have taken forever if I had done this with the 800+ keys I stockpiled earlier.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly feel Starlight Revue is more yuri-centric than other idol games (Love Live and Bang Dream). Rui is so damn thirsty for Tamao, and Machiru was actually smelling Karen's pillow in the anime (and tried to steal a "second kiss" from her water bottle). Not that there's anything wrong with that of course, it's just that the yuri undertones are so strong here.

New event starts tonight, I guess? Regardless,the hoarding continues. Waiting for that Kira Festival!

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Rui is so damn thirsty for Tamao, and Machiru was actually smelling Karen's pillow in the anime (and tried to steal a "second kiss" from her water bottle).
Think you mean Mahiru. Machiru sounds like a Mahiru and Michiru fusion lol.

As for the yuri content, while certain girls definitely lay it on pretty thick, it's still only a handful of them in relation to the entire cast. Only around one girl per school group, though none on Frontier's side. And honestly if I had to pick a relationship trope for an idol game, I'll take a few yuri characters over everybody-is-in-love-with-Producer-san. That said, there is still the weird gift giving / bonding aspect in Starlight. Bonding with who? Who are they talking to in those unlocked scenes?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Think you mean Mahiru. Machiru sounds like a Mahiru and Michiru fusion lol.

As for the yuri content, while certain girls definitely lay it on pretty thick, it's still only a handful of them in relation to the entire cast. Only around one girl per school group, though none on Frontier's side. And honestly if I had to pick a relationship trope for an idol game, I'll take a few yuri characters over everybody-is-in-love-with-Producer-san. That said, there is still the weird gift giving / bonding aspect in Starlight. Bonding with who? Who are they talking to in those unlocked scenes?
Yeah sorry, meant Mahiru. But now I kind of want to see a Mahiru + Michiru fusing, haha. I don't know too much about the other schools just yet (aside from the Rui + Tamao pair), but Seisho definitely has a handful, those being Karen + Hikari + Mahiru, Maya + Claudine, and Futaba + Kaoruko. Banana and Junna seem like the odd ones out.

As for who they're talking to in the bonding scenes, it's probably a mysterious third-party (i.e., student), given previous idol games. It's definitely a self-insert moment, which is common for this style of game.

Last edited:

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah sorry, meant Mahiru. But now I kind of want to see a Mahiru + Michiru fusing, haha. I don't know too much about the other schools just yet (aside from the Rui + Tamao pair), but Seisho definitely has a handful, those being Karen + Hikari + Mahiru, Maya + Claudine, and Futaba + Kaoruko. Banana and Junna seem like the odd ones out.
I'll have to defer judgement on Seisho since that's actually the only one I haven't read the in game story for, and am going purely by what I remember from the anime. The anime that I technically never finished, and should probably get around to doing such at some point. That said, from what I remember at least, Karen & Hikari weren't in a romantic relationship, or had any romantic feelings implied. They were close childhood friends, and fans could ship them together, but I didn't ever get a true yuri vibe going on there. I'll give you the other two though. I guess since Seisho is twice as big, they get twice (or thrice) the yuri lol.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'll have to defer judgement on Seisho since that's actually the only one I haven't read the in game story for, and am going purely by what I remember from the anime. The anime that I technically never finished, and should probably get around to doing such at some point. That said, from what I remember at least, Karen & Hikari weren't in a romantic relationship, or had any romantic feelings implied. They were close childhood friends, and fans could ship them together, but I didn't ever get a true yuri vibe going on there. I'll give you the other two though. I guess since Seisho is twice as big, they get twice (or thrice) the yuri lol.
Watch the anime! It's great.

It's a shame the other schools aren't presented in it, though.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I think Banana and Junna are a pair (though not necessarily yuri) given the anime episodes with Banana prominence and how that was resolved. There's also the Phantom of the Opera event with Banana as the Phantom and Junna as Christine. Everyone's "paired up" nicely in Seisho aside from Mahiru.

I definitely think Frontier houses less yuri since they're the more trope-y waifus, since there's a gamer girl, and girl who's into anime, and a gal. They obviously have more personality past that, but that's their defining personal interests while Rui's is Tamao XD

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
I really feel sorry for Rui, who comes across as somewhat pathetic, even more so than Mahiru. Mahiru at least redeemed herself in the second stage play, creating a bizarre scenario where more fans now pair her together with Hikari than Hikari with Karen. Rui on the other hand, doesn't even have a single memoir where she is alone with Tamao, as most of Tamao's shipping is with Yuyuko.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Been downloading some old gachas I played earlier like 1-2 years ago and will be F2P (as Iam nowadays with almost every gacha).

Crash Fever. Rerolled few times to get good banner char, most likely will play here and there. Its good game when one takes it casually.

Bleach Brave Souls. They will have 40m download event that starts 21.5 (tomorrow, no clue about timezone), some 4-5* daily summon (prolly 3% rate for 5*) and 1x 5* ticket. I liked BBS when I last time played it so lets see where I end with it and, most likely wont reroll unless there is some fast way (2.7GB download is no thanks for rerolling :D).

In Revue I noticed maintenance info and guessed new event will start (yup it started). Hoarded stamina before mt and this time I didnt accidentally use it. Now trying to clear event story asap so I can deplete the ~280 stamina I have. 26000 gems saved for Kirafest and school stories should give ~2k when I do (skip) them if needed. Target is hopefully to be >30k gems for KFest.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
This event is gonna be hard since space units are what you want, but almost no one will have leveled up ghost Tamao or their free space Karen.

Edit: This is supposed to be the last lottery event, so it will be normal events from now on.

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
This event is gonna be hard since space units are what you want, but almost no one will have leveled up ghost Tamao or their free space Karen.

Just tested. I can auto 15 key boss in one run with random friend.

5* Space Maya (in 2 days 6*) rank 6 (0 panels), level 41 event memoir.
6* Dream Yachio rank 7 (2 panels), level 50 event memoir.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
What has Inafune been doing since the Mighty No. 9 failure? Why creating a gacha game, of course!

It looks unique, and it's nice to hear DECO*27, but PVP focused...

No thanks.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Managed to do the 20 key boss in Starlight Revue in one attempt using Yachiyo, Maya, and the event character along with the gacha event helper. My team is pretty stacked though with both normal Maya and Yachiyo being max level 6* rank 7 while the event character is midway through rank 6. I might be able to make it more doable when I rank 7 the event character. I'm using normal Maya as a frontline tank because otherwise Yachiyo goes in front of event Maya which doesn't bode well with dream typing. Things are looking good though since I can farm the 20 key boss potentially.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
To my surprise, looks like the Madoka mobage is getting a colab with Nanoha soon. This is especially exciting because there is a series of Nanoha x Madoka crossover doujins that are a good read, so seeing it happen for real is something else. I hope the EN server last long enough for us to get it though.

Oct 25, 2017
Star Ocean Anamnesis is getting a collaboration with Tales of Phantasia.
This is the one and only thing that would ever get me to re-install the game.

Timestamped the video to the exact moment that Best Girl appears:

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
So anyone playing Kings Raid? I just started is there a discord or a OT here with tips? and a guild?

Last edited:

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
I read the last two pages in here to see what's currently up and I couldn't figure out ANY of the games people were talking about... I feel so... Old...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
First Kirafest started in Starlight Revue. Don't pull on it! Amaterasu Hikari is in the second Kirafest, and should be here in the next few weeks or so. She's a MUCH better character.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
First Kirafest started in Starlight Revue. Don't pull on it! Amaterasu Hikari is in the second Kirafest, and should be here in the next few weeks or so. She's a MUCH better character.

Ah missed this message. Got 2x4* Memoirs and in 3rd multi had the event unit so glad that I didnt use all gems but damn. Got 21000 gems left.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ah missed this message. Got 2x4* Memoirs and in 3rd multi had the event unit so glad that I didnt use all gems but damn. Got 21000 gems left.
It could have been worse, at least you got a couple useful memoirs. But yeah, this banner is kind of a bait, as it's a 2x rate-up for 4* characters but it's not a true Kirafest. 21k gems is still decent, though!

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
It could have been worse, at least you got a couple useful memoirs. But yeah, this banner is kind of a bait, as it's a 2x rate-up for 4* characters but it's not a true Kirafest. 21k gems is still decent, though!

Yeah and it could been worse since I have the other banner (Karouko) unit as rank 7 already.
Also was planning to start power up Lalafin since all the four 4* ladies are at 6* soon (Ichie needs 1-2 days). Now I can focus to that new unit :)

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, for reference the "real" Kirafest is banner #10 and the banner we just got today is banner #7 so it's REALLY CLOSE.
While this is advertised as having 2x rates on 4* stage girls, it's actually only double rates on the two new featured girls that aren't exactly super great and will be in the pool for real kirafest coming up.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
In Revue Starlight I actually managed to 6* event Maya with around 200 items left in the event box (though still have 2-non bloom crystal items in there). Still have over 700 keys as well. I have been strictly using my stamina for key farming, so I probably have a lot more compared to last event. With the gacha event character Helper I can also auto the 20 key boss which is nice, better than last event where I was mainly auto-ing the 15 key boss (I can also manual 20 key boss in one go with event Maya Helper instead).

Got 34K Crystals burning in my pocket until Kirafest arrives.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Word of warning. Publisher is Nexon.

zdiky6mag6131.png

Launch should be in 3 hours time from this post.
Eventho its Nexon, Ill test this, since I have few days of free time.

Reddit has some info

From Reddit user Rezennn:
The maintenance brings a cool feature : "Select" draw, kind of what you can see in E7 i believe?
The patch note, in english, says its 5x10 with an SSR guaranteed, but apparently the Thai CM confirmed, after testing, that it actually is 50x10. So wait & see. Regardless, its a good addition.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think I'll ever bother with a Nexon mobile game - not even from a pure free to play standpoint. Not worth the time investment when their track record on shutting them down is shit. Honesty not sure how they plan on getting rid of that stigma, and as long as it exists I can't see many people sinking a lot of money into their games. It's a catch 22. Nexon will need whales to keep the games up, but the whales will be uncomfortable shelling out on Nexon games since they've got a reputation for deep sixing them quickly.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
The chance of that game not shutting down within a year is lower than the chance of rolling your favourite SSR

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, once you lose the consumer's trust, it can be difficult to earn back. I play so many gacha games, in a lot of ways my time is more valuable to me so I'm hesitant to give Nexon any of it. It's a shame since I would have liked to try out SINoALICE, even if the game itself isn't anything special, but Nexon attached to it I'll likely pass entirely. I really wish they hasn't gotten the rights to that one.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
They've put more effort into the prereg and community for OVERHIT than they have in any game.

So it'll probably shut down in 16 months instead of 12.