• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
MagiReco datamine has revealed that we're getting next years Christmas (which features a Chapter 10 spoiler) after this one ends. We live in some kind of horrible level of hell that wont let us save for anyone. At this rate we'll get Madokmami in the next few months.
Wow, next Christmas event too. I barely touch this Christmas event. I'm skipping the event story and all future ones if they keep up this pace.
I never seen a game try to rush and catch up with JP like this. I'm expecting Ultimate Madoka at Christmas or New Years. Back to back to back limited banners. What can go wrong lol?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, next Christmas event too. I barely touch this Christmas event. I'm skipping the event story for once.
I never seen a game try to rush and catch up with JP like this. I'm expecting Ultimate Madoka at Christmas or New Years. Back to back to back limited banners. What can go wrong lol?
If they're doing double seasonal events again, at the very least expect that we'll get both New Years events early next year.

Nanoha/Fate (Limited)
Holy Mami (Limited)
Holy Alina (Limited)
Ultimate Madoka (Limited)
New Years Madoka (Limited)
New Years Mitama (Limited)

I can see it all happening. Ultimate Madoka is a wild card, if they feel like doing something for the Holidays or the six-month anniversary. Double New Years though I absolutely view as a possible outcome.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
I can only hope they're rushing MagiReco's pacing in order to merge the servers. Once they finish Part 1 of the main story, they'll have probably gone through most of the important events. Part 2 only just started so they might be trying to close the gap as much as possible. Its still awful, though I wish F/GO would pick up a little more like this.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Iron Saga is not only available for download but playable already. I'm going in.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Well, Iron Saga is a dud. I'll peck away at it for the next couple of days because I can see the deep meta, but it's buried under a pile of garbage.

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
Iron Saga doesn't vibe with me very much but I will say the music is really nice. I enjoy the vocal tracks they threw in.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
The more I play Iron Saga the more I like it. It makes a HORRENDOUS first impression and the issues it has involving the UI, tutorial, and translation are not to be ignored, but there really is a gem of a game here.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of the quality of the game, one of the biggest warning flags for me to not pick up a new gacha game (outside of a VIP system) is a poor/sloppy translation. I've seen some examples of it on Reddit, and it's bad. Really bad.

If they fix things I might give it a try, but until then Iron Saga gets a pass from me. Since Arknights doesn't interest me, I guess the next one for me would either be Symphogear, Love Live All-Stars, or Tales of Cancelia.

In an ideal world it WOULD be World Flipper, but... :(

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I currently put Dragalia on the chopping block (the constant flow of reruns is starting to bore me, I don't grind enough to be able to do the high dragon trials and the Mega Man collab was kinda meh), and I'm giving Jump Taisen (the newest Shonen Jump game a try), and it's... pretty meh too. It's a Summoner's War clone, down to the abilities, and the gameplay is so boring you're better off doing auto, but in that case... what do you enjoy in the game, really? The customization options aren't too big either. I'll try it a few days but I'm probably gonna uninstall it soon-ish.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017

Just hook it to my veins. Give me all the music, game only story, events and just more of everything (especially of HibikixMiku)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
2k diamonds spent for Eydis in SAOARS, not a single 4*. I think I'm done with the game, or at least I won't be spending AP as it fills anymore. I'll do my dailies, as well as any new missions and that's it. I haven't gotten a single new 4* since launch, and has really impacted my enjoyment as I have no one to work on. It doesn't help that once you clear story mode the free currency dries up.

I love the game, but it seriously hates me. I don't even have Alice.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
2k diamonds spent for Eydis in SAOARS, not a single 4*. I think I'm done with the game, or at least I won't be spending AP as it fills anymore. I'll do my dailies, as well as any new missions and that's it. I haven't gotten a single new 4* since launch, and has really impacted my enjoyment as I have no one to work on. It doesn't help that once you clear story mode the free currency dries up.

I love the game, but it seriously hates me. I don't even have Alice.
I don't blame you. The game needs a more steady stream of currency. It's REALLY slow. It's what, a quarter a pull a day?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't blame you. The game needs a more steady stream of currency. It's REALLY slow. It's what, a quarter a pull a day?
Yeah, something like that. It sucks as the game is really good otherwise, but currency gain is SO slow. Even completing all of the dailies, I feel like "That's it?". I knew all it would take is one bad set of summoning sessions (like I just had) and the game would be soured for me. I wouldn't mind so much if currency was more plentiful, but it's not. It'll take me several months to get back what I spent, and that's if I skip all of the discounted banners between now and then. :(

Flambe

Faster than Light
Oct 25, 2017
Super lucked out in SAOARS , got Eydis and her sword on the half-off pulls o.o Sorry Chrono

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It's all good, gacha is like that sometimes. I'm lucky with a few of them myself, but SAOARS is not one of them. The game genuinely hates me, I'm beginning to believe the theory my account is cursed...

Congrats to you!

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, kinda lost the interest to SAORS, don't have ties to SAO and usually (almost always) playing without sounds. Not helping that mostly getting crap one blue rest bronze pulls, Purple ones not where to be seen.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
SAORS is really fun tho but yeah recent gacha fail starting to get me.

I buy starter account from 3rd party so I have great start but man I got almost nothing from recent Gacha.

I guess I got 2 Ronie. But she isnt flashy like Eldys or Asuna >_<

shoyz

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

World Flipper's Christmas event announced. One limited 4star unit, and three limited 5star units featured. Comes with a Christmas boss fight for special weapon(s).

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
I got a 3 slotted Holy Alina in 150 rolls in Magireco.

I have enough rolls to hit pity again so I'm tempted to go for four, but with a limited Mitama alt right around the corner I think I'll hold off.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, congrats! Only 150 rolls? You had some great luck.

BTW, strange things happening in Magia Record:

There's going to be a maintenance on the 24th, just is just a day shy of the half year anniversary for Global and a day before Christmas. The reason is a new event, and it's definitely not Mirrors Ranking since the previous one had that listed as the reason for the maintenance (and not "event"), and it's not the New Years event either, since both of them (yes both, it seems we'll be getting double New Years as predicted), since their assets have been datamined for the 1st and 8th of January for next year. Yet nothing datamined for the 24th itself.

...Could...could it be?

Ultimate Madoka?

Last edited:

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
SAOARS_Screenshot_2019.12.13_14.29.03.jpg
SAOARS_Screenshot_2019.12.13_14.30.21.jpg

2x Eldys from the cheaper pull (yay) but weapon took 1 roll too much to be 150% happy.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly kind of warming up to Iron Saga in a janky fun sort of way...

If you keep in mind the game is apparently four or five years old on CN, and made by a very small developer, it's easier to forgive the presentation to some extent. The top tier soundtrack and depth in customizing the equipment of your mechs helps.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm on that Iron Saga bandwagon.

Just stupid fun. If you like to see your units slowly becoming stronger and shower the field with pew pew lasers and missiles, it's a good time.

Muu

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Been really getting into Priconne while waiting for pinball to have more content. The more I touch it the more I think the 'play less over time' idea is a plus and not a drawback. No matter how good the base gameplay is it gets old over the course of a year or two...

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017

release date is targeted to be mid 2020. JP twitter also says the same, so I think that at this point single server is basically confirmed?

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Tales of Cresty seems to have a lot of effort put into it and the servers are seemingly global, which is great. Much less chance of the patented Bamco shutdown.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
It needs to be a single server to survive in Global, if not, I'm going JP. I don't want another Tales of the Rays.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

release date is targeted to be mid 2020. JP twitter also says the same, so I think that at this point single server is basically confirmed?

It feels like this game has been coming forever, I guess they're taking their time with it to make sure things are done right (which is a good thing). A simultaneous release with Japan definitely bodes well for a single/shared server, I really hope this is the case. I don't want another Tales of Link/Rays situation...

Game definitely looks fun though, I have high expectations for this one. Please don't let me down again, Bandai Namco!

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Man what're the good gatchas that everyone's been playing recently? I have an urge to play one but the last one I played was Granblue like 3 years ago lol

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
World Flipper christmas event is out and... it's pretty mediocre. Just a small story at the beginning and four different difficulties of the same boss to farm for weapons and upgrade items. And they give you a welfare and no way to farm her further. It kinda feels like the event is just an excuse for them to sell you christmas limiteds.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Man what're the good gatchas that everyone's been playing recently? I have an urge to play one but the last one I played was Granblue like 3 years ago lol

From the ones I play:

GBF is still going strong, gonna have a ton of pulls starting on the 22nd if you want to get back in then. Has a collab event with Gachapin & Mukku going on right now.

Girls Frontline is very solid, one of the least intrusive gachas as well. Has the Singularity event right now that can earn you very solid units.

Destiny Child is pretty good from what I've played so far (just started it recently), though the art design can be divisive. Has a Christmas event going on right now for a 5-star unit.

Another Eden is a decent gacha game you can plays more like a typical JRPG (no energy or daily quest mechanic until post-game) that can be played without the gacha much at all, though it's fairly stingy as a result. Just got a permanent Persona 5 collab to recruit Joker and Morgana.

Fate Grand Order has a story that gets good later on, though the gacha system isn't great. However, things can be cleared with lower rarity stuff. Has a Christmas event starting soon, but you need to finish Bablyonia to access it.

Epic 7 has good visuals with a fairly generous gacha pity system and is decent for burning time to gear units. Christmas event going to start soon.

I'd recommend Dragalia, but keep in mind I'm incredibly biased. Christmas event going on right now, with the Mega Man event ending in 2 hours.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I've always felt like it's incredibly difficult to get into any gacha game that's been running for a while due the major lack of initial resources when so many are resource-heavy, along with there usually being a decent amount of limited-time content that's lost to you forever.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
However, things can be cleared with lower rarity stuff.

I know this is true.

But I have to add one thing. Whatever units you use, it will take a lot of time (irl) to clear things. For example one needs constantly level up units via different methods in order to clear story further. Story will go from medium difficulty to very hard during E Pluribus Unum chapter. Also Chapters are huge and clearing one takes a long time + dedication to do it.

I was aiming to clear Babylonia before Christmas event 2019 starts but as everything went so hard and one battle takes many minutes and there is a possibility I need to reload floor in order to clear it (as in use different skills) so I just had to let go of the plan. Most likely I just finish Camelot and keep a break from story, since everything needs to be done manually (there is no auto) time is always an issue.

Take the words "Clear with lower rarity stuff" that it is doable, but it will take a lot of dedication and time. You can't power creep story at all, if one neglects raising unit levels (mandatory awakenings, skill upgrades etc) the wall will come fast.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
I know this is true.

But I have to add one thing. Whatever units you use, it will take a lot of time (irl) to clear things. For example one needs constantly level up units via different methods in order to clear story further. Story will go from medium difficulty to very hard during E Pluribus Unum chapter. Also Chapters are huge and clearing one takes a long time + dedication to do it.

I was aiming to clear Babylonia before Christmas event 2019 starts but as everything went so hard and one battle takes many minutes and there is a possibility I need to reload floor in order to clear it (as in use different skills) so I just had to let go of the plan. Most likely I just finish Camelot and keep a break from story, since everything needs to be done manually (there is no auto) time is always an issue.

Take the words "Clear with lower rarity stuff" that it is doable, but it will take a lot of dedication and time. You can't power creep story at all, if one neglects raising unit levels (mandatory awakenings, skill upgrades etc) the wall will come fast.
I play f2p acc for 2 month now and gotta say our experience is different lol

Chapter 1 stuff is very easy to clear with one or 2 support from friend list. esp tier S berseker unit with those I manage to advance really far in the story at two server within 40 days.
I dont play f2p anymore in NA server but still full f2p in JP server, its even easier on there because there is even better berserker unit available than the current best one on NA side.

Gotta say the experience is better after you buy used account when already used to the game.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Chapter 1 stuff is very easy to clear with one or 2 support from friend list.

If I understand this right.
Chapter 1 is "Observer of Timeless Temple" as in main quests Fuyuki - Salomon?

And you are saying that the difficulty starts at: Epic of Remnant?

Maybe my problem is not using right support units, been using Avenger Jeanne friends. I guess I could try to find and use another friends more
Sadly can't take screenie of my party at the moment cause maintenance. My player rank is somewhere 106 or so and the team I use is:
Herc (85 lvl) / Jack (80 lvl) / Support / Mash / Karna (75) / Sakata Kintoki (Rider mlb)

I do have one other 5* Elder Hassan but not using resources to him cause already got Jack and not eager to grind exp card dungeon (been waiting for xmas 2019 event).

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
If I understand this right.
Chapter 1 is "Observer of Timeless Temple" as in main quests Fuyuki - Salomon?

And you are saying that the difficulty starts at: Epic of Remnant?

Maybe my problem is not using right support units, been using Avenger Jeanne friends. I guess I could try to find and use another friends more
Sadly can't take screenie of my party at the moment cause maintenance. My player rank is somewhere 106 or so and the team I use is:
Herc (85 lvl) / Jack (80 lvl) / Support / Mash / Karna (75) / Sakata Kintoki (Rider mlb)

I do have one other 5* Elder Hassan but not using resources to him cause already got Jack and not eager to grind exp card dungeon (been waiting for xmas 2019 event).
Chapter 1 I mean is the singularity chapter as whole, you're right.

Your lineup is far better than mine at my f2p NA run tho. I only have NP1 mushashi.

Try to find friend with Minamoto no Raikou maxed with Kaleido equipped, that gonna carry a lot of weight.

And maxed bond Heracles that you either have by yourself or from friend list can cheese most of tough boss in chapter 1.

The difficulty just raised up at epic of remnant chapter.

The funny thing is Epic of Remnant actually maybe harder for low resource player than
the actual chapter 2 stuff that gonna come up and not gatelocked by EoR

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Try to find friend with Minamoto no Raikou maxed with Kaleido equipped, that gonna carry a lot of weight.

Thanks, I will do that. I started this acocunt late May. I did play FGO when it came, got a Weaver account by that time but sadly lost it :). Then during early 2019 rerolled sometimes with no luck and finally started in May again with Herc.

Edit: Hrm. Need to clear Babylonia in order to take part to Christmas event :p. Babylonia needs around 1000 stamina for clear. I got the apples but do I have the time :D

Last edited:

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
From the ones I play:

GBF is still going strong, gonna have a ton of pulls starting on the 22nd if you want to get back in then. Has a collab event with Gachapin & Mukku going on right now.

Girls Frontline is very solid, one of the least intrusive gachas as well. Has the Singularity event right now that can earn you very solid units.

Destiny Child is pretty good from what I've played so far (just started it recently), though the art design can be divisive. Has a Christmas event going on right now for a 5-star unit.

Another Eden is a decent gacha game you can plays more like a typical JRPG (no energy or daily quest mechanic until post-game) that can be played without the gacha much at all, though it's fairly stingy as a result. Just got a permanent Persona 5 collab to recruit Joker and Morgana.

Fate Grand Order has a story that gets good later on, though the gacha system isn't great. However, things can be cleared with lower rarity stuff. Has a Christmas event starting soon, but you need to finish Bablyonia to access it.

Epic 7 has good visuals with a fairly generous gacha pity system and is decent for burning time to gear units. Christmas event going to start soon.

I'd recommend Dragalia, but keep in mind I'm incredibly biased. Christmas event going on right now, with the Mega Man event ending in 2 hours.
Thanks for the write up! Not sure what I want to start right now. I might start Another Eden, I saw some gameplay and it looks cool. Unsure if I want to jump back into GBF lol.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
So Last Cloudia JP just released a new unit that is absolutely ridiculous and powercreep everything. It is kind of hinted it will come to global. For a 3 months old game this seems too much.

Meanwhile in some other game I play for 16 months, 4 out of 5 from my boss team are available since day 1 of the game.

Last edited: