• It's the most wonderful time of the year! Make your list and check it twice. The ResetEra Games of the Year 2019 Voting Thread is now live. Voting will be open for the next 5 days, 1 hour, 57 minutes, 37 seconds, and will close on Jan 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games |OT| Gatcha Wallet

Chrono

Oct 25, 2017
The way the whole thing is laid out is really dumb. The Advanced XP fight is all Fire and Dark with a high HP Fire boss. The Advanced Episode fight is all Water and Light... but still with a super high HP Fire boss. Also apparently we only have half the time for the event as JP did?
And the fact that Auto is so bad is really putting me off. At least if they had an option to disable ALL animations and not just one for Magia, it would go a lot faster. Such a weird design choice to let players toggle just the one thing but still have Connect animations dragging things out, enemies that take longer for a single attack animation than an entire chain from certain characters...
Yeah, the enemy typing are a little weird for sure, you'd think they would be centered around whatever the event girl is. As for the pacing, it's indeed fast, so you probably won't be able to clear the shop (or anywhere close to it), as NA is going at a rapid pace to )presumably) catch up with Japan. Just aim for the important stuff first and don't stress things too much.

I'd love more Auto AI configurations too, I can only hope they add some more options in the future to make things a little more streamlined. Honestly, even if they gave us a 3x/4x speed option, even that would helps things a bit. It's still more than what most gacha games offer (some don't even have Auto), so I'm thankful for the little we have here.

Chrono

Oct 25, 2017
I was looking at the event list for Magia Record for Japan to try to gauge how far it'll be until NA gets Ultimate Madoka (near impossible to do, given our pace), but there's really not a lot left to cover, assuming things aren't altered completely. We have Chapter 8 in the main story, which was released in two separate updates, one with Episode 1-33 and the other with Episodes 34-64, and then Ultimate Madoka was shortly afterwards leading into Chapter 9. Aside from that we have the Mifuyu, Kanagi, and Summer Homura/Iroha (which they may or may not hold back for summer itself). This isn't factoring in the potential re-runs NA might surprise us with.

Again though, it's kind of impossible to predict as NA's schedule have had numerous things shifted around. Maybe they're going to try to sync up Ultimate Madoka's release for the finale of the first cour of the anime? That'd be another 9-10 weeks or so, which could fit (it took them a month to release the entirety of Chapter 8 in Japan), as she was used as a build-up to Chapter 9 in the main story and wasn't released right after Chapter 8 ended.

Regardless, I really don't know how they'll hold her back until the middle of August for NA's first anniversary, that's too far away. Something has to change, as we'll be well past Chapter 10 by that point.

(Sorry if the MR talk in here is bothering anyone, but I'm not sure the ERA playerbase is large enough to warrant an OT of its own. :/)

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I did not realize how much I missed playing TD games, been having a blast with Arknights. Definitely benching E7 to just daily logging and dedicating that free time to Arknights.

I’ll probably also give 7DS a gander when that releases.

(Sorry if the MR talk in here is bothering anyone, but I'm not sure the ERA playerbase is large enough to warrant an OT of its own. :/)
I think it’s all good, this thread is probably the best place for any wayward gachas.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
The next Seven Deadly Sins update in the JP server is adding a costume upgrade system, so costumes of lower rarity can be upgraded to UR (the highest rarity), which should alleviate some of the concerns regarding thie costume system. It definitely does show that they don't plan on making them extremely p2w.