• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aurelio

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hm I wonder if Iblis has a different name in JP? I got her, Edward, and Sandmann .(Zantmann in JP) and wondering if I should reroll .Can't find any info on her.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was looking forward to Lord of Dice because I liked the Dice theme. Got (very) distracted by MHW so only checking it out now. It has some novel mechanics but it feels like there's something off about it. The UI is competent enough (and actually has some nice QOL stuff) but at the same time the entire thing just feels cheap or something. Hard to put my finger on it. The ropy translation doesnt help "If a battle feels too much challenging" indeed.

Last edited:

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
So I see the 4* and 5* base tier lists for Lord of Dice, but does that mean 5* base units are in a league if their own, or are 4* base just as good?

Azusa

Oct 25, 2017
j4ocpjfxlqzx.png

RIP Phantom Chaser.
Such empty mobage. It was dead day 0.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
They actually aren't closing the game, but rather taking it down, reworking it, and relaunching it in 3 weeks.

Interesting. Dunno if I've see that before.

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
Unfortunately, I think that will follow in a few months with a closure.

I liked that game. Didn't play it once Onmyoji came out but it was a fun time waster while it lasted.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
Played it at launch. What I hated about it was that everything used stamina and they cost so much that you could only play a few stages a day with stages lasting around a minute or two. And they never really give you free stamina, only upon level up. Gems for summoning was rewarded only for launch achievements, after that, you have to buy them using cash. Unlike the original yokai saga, they have different kinds of stamina for regular stages, tower, material stages, pvp, etc., and was generous when it comes to stamina.

Juturna

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lord of Dice is fun, but the main course is only 7 mins away! Let's goo Omnia

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
epqH4kk.jpg

Get ready to drop your gacha games, for the queen is coming. It's actually not getting as much traction after they fumbled their pre-reg start. GF is probably oddly coming out in English ahead of JP.
http://gf.sunborngame.com/

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Hmm, I'm intrigued. Pre-registered!

I was curious, and checked out a YouTube gameply vid, since their website doesn't seem to want to show off gameplay, and now I know why. Game looks like a standard 5 unit auto-battle grind. I may be judging it too harshly, but damn, that's what it seems like. I caught a glimpse of what seemed like a Chain Chronicle grid system, but I'm not sure if that's how it works. Definitely seems rough, visually, too.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I was curious, and checked out a YouTube gameply vid, since their website doesn't seem to want to show off gameplay, and now I know why. Game looks like a standard 5 unit auto-battle grind. I may be judging it too harshly, but damn, that's what it seems like. I caught a glimpse of what seemed like a Chain Chronicle grid system, but I'm not sure if that's how it works. Definitely seems rough, visually, too.
Yeah, it does look a little rough and very Chain Chronicle-like (on a larger scale). I'm just not sure if this is one of those "auto battlers" or not, I definitely hope it isn't. :/

Azusa

Oct 25, 2017
GF is a kancolle with guns. A bit better UI and better management but core gameplay is the same. Completely auto-rng battles.

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
BanG Dream! Girls Band Party! has started pre-registration and is still aiming for Spring Worldwide release.
https://bang-dream-gbp-en.bushiroad.com

Looks like Worldwide is starting off with 10 Flames instead of 3 and there's a Beginner Campaign. Screenshot shows the Sakura Blooming Party event coming soon so the game is probably starting off from the beginning.
PR

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
BanG Dream! Girls Band Party! has started pre-registration and is still aiming for Spring Worldwide release.
https://bang-dream-gbp-en.bushiroad.com

Looks like Worldwide is starting off with 10 Flames instead of 3 and there's a Beginner Campaign. Screenshot shows the Sakura Blooming Party event coming soon so the game is probably starting off from the beginning.
PR
Great stuff, thanks!

Dusan Jovic

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
So what are the opinions on Omnia?

I am having fun, gives me the old FF feel, as far as gatcha goes idk, I have 5 star weapons for 10 out of 13 heroes I unlocked, doing only 10+1 summons whenever I can. Normal mode is pretty easy so far and given that i play these mostly for story and waste time I am ok with that and it actually gives me motivation to grind harder stages.

Lion Heart quest lvl 25 was wew. Didn't prepare properly so I wasted 200 gems to revive twice just to get the belt, ain't touching next level until prepared.

Haven't tried coop, seems to be mostly single player no pvp or anything, which bothers me a bit and will probably be the reason I will stop playing sooner rather than later

J C

Feb 2, 2018
I gave up on Opera Omnia two days in. I got some pretty got 5 star weapons, but it isn't exciting to pull for weapons. Power-creep is an issue for most games, but to me weapon only gacha lends way to the ultimate power creep. Battle system doesn't seem very interesting either, just having BRV and HP to whittle down. I downloaded it for the nostalgia, but there's not much keeping me in it. Lord of Dice seems more interesting to me, mechanics, game-play wise. I dont like how in Opera Omnia you can only have three characters in your party at a time.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I gave up on Opera Omnia two days in. I got some pretty got 5 star weapons, but it isn't exciting to pull for weapons. Power-creep is an issue for most games, but to me weapon only gacha lends way to the ultimate power creep. Battle system doesn't seem very interesting either, just having BRV and HP to whittle down. I downloaded it for the nostalgia, but there's not much keeping me in it. Lord of Dice seems more interesting to me, mechanics, game-play wise. I dont like how in Opera Omnia you can only have three characters in your party at a time.

I really want to like Lord of Dice, as I've put about 2 million hours into FF gacha games between RK and FFBE, but I'm just having more fun playing Omnia. :\ I should probably give dice more of a chance.

Pektus

Nov 24, 2017
So what are the opinions on Omnia?

I am having fun, gives me the old FF feel, as far as gatcha goes idk, I have 5 star weapons for 10 out of 13 heroes I unlocked, doing only 10+1 summons whenever I can. Normal mode is pretty easy so far and given that i play these mostly for story and waste time I am ok with that and it actually gives me motivation to grind harder stages.

Lion Heart quest lvl 25 was wew. Didn't prepare properly so I wasted 200 gems to revive twice just to get the belt, ain't touching next level until prepared.

Haven't tried coop, seems to be mostly single player no pvp or anything, which bothers me a bit and will probably be the reason I will stop playing sooner rather than later

actually the no pvp and mostly single player aspect of it is what I like about the game.

however, thats because I get my pvp/multi player action on 2 other gachas, summoners war and bleach.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving Dissidia so far.
It fulfills my desire for a FF gacha game without the issues I had with the other options.
It's easy enough to do content that I don't feel stuck in a routine of playing every four hours to do event stuff or whatever.
I can play at a high level just by checking once a day and playing if I feel like it. The new, first event is super easy to clear in a half an hour or so. No grinding.
Just cute, polished, crossover FF fanservice whenever I want it without the usual gacha stress.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It fulfills my desire for a FF gacha game without the issues I had with the other options.
It's easy enough to do content that I don't feel stuck in a routine of playing every four hours to do event stuff or whatever.
I can play at a high level just by checking once a day and playing if I feel like it. The new, first event is super easy to clear in a half an hour or so. No grinding.
Just cute, polished, crossover FF fanservice whenever I want it without the usual gacha stress.
+1

It's a great compliment to my other gacha games, I love it.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Lord of Dice seems more interesting to me, mechanics, game-play wise.
I really want to like Lord of Dice

Unless you already are in, toss request to resetERA guild in Lord of Dice and Ill approve it, just say here your ingame nick so I know who to approve :).

Game is nice, % rates are most likely bullshit (during weekend there was +30% chance to get base 5* from multi, no luck for me). You get quite much freebie gems too.

Laice

Oct 27, 2017
Unless you already are in, toss request to resetERA guild in Lord of Dice and Ill approve it, just say here your ingame nick so I know who to approve :).

Game is nice, % rates are most likely bullshit (during weekend there was +30% chance to get base 5* from multi, no luck for me). You get quite much freebie gems too.
whats the guild id?
the +30% most liekly applied to the base %. So if its 0.5 be default it would be 0.65%

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
whats the guild id?
the +30% most liekly applied to the base %. So if its 0.5 be default it would be 0.65%

Sorry forgot to add nr. it is 22. I have 20 level limit there. We were laughing at Discord same thing that 30% is like 0.3% or something funny. Anyways LoD has new event that started today, its one month long event so plenty of time to get freebie base 5* unit.

Screenshot_20180206-155740.png

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying it too.

Figs

Oct 27, 2017

I sent a request. In-game name is Beremi. I've been bouncing between Dissidia, Dice, and Onmyoji the past week or so. I suspect FFDOO will lose my interest first.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Grand Summoners is supposed to release tomorrow! Here's the official English website.

It's from the lead creative director of Brave Frontier, and is very co-op focused. I'm definitely excited to try it!
Man, how did I not know this was coming to Global? This is that game Good Smile Company unveiled from a while back. I remember reading about it around a year ago, so seeing it suddenly get released in English comes as a huge (but welcoming) surprise.

This is a busy month for gacha games, with FFDOO just having released. Goodbye, free time.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Grand Summoners is up on the US iOS store I believe (doesn't say pre-order anymore, anyway). Still not up on the Canadian iOS store, I can't even see the pre-order listing for it. This better not be US-only. :/

Edit: Wow, the game is apparently US-only? Welp, thanks for saving me the time of playing it, I guess.

https://www.facebook.com/GrandSummonersGlobal/posts/412642395837981

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I sent a request. In-game name is Beremi. I've been bouncing between Dissidia, Dice, and Onmyoji the past week or so. I suspect FFDOO will lose my interest first.

And its accepted (as you prolly noticed), Iam enjoying LoD more than I did Onmyoji and already quit Dissidia.

If there are other people who are playing Lord of Dice and need guild, say here and send application to resetERA (nr. 22) guild.

Grand Summoners is supposed to release tomorrow!

Edit: Wow, the game is apparently US-only? Welp, thanks for saving me the time of playing it, I guess.

Time to wait apk, tried to look, couldnt find one. Well their homepage says
iOS: Pre-Order Now
Android: Coming Soon

So no wonder I couldn't find apk. Waiting game and then its rerolling game.

Laughing how it can be "Global" when it will be available only in one country :P.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Laughing how it can be "Global" when it will be available only in one country :P.
I know, right? Why even translate the game at all if you're only going to release it in one Country? It can't even be licensing issues, since I can't really see anything holding it back.

In any case, I have a backup Apple ID I use, and just changed the region from Canada to the US (so I could download the app). I'll give the game a try when it releases later tonight (the 7th), but if it doesn't really grab me, I'll just move on.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I know, right? Why even translate the game at all if you're only going to release it in one Country? It can't even be licensing issues, since I can't really see anything holding it back.

My guess is that they will launch later (maybe) in other countries too.

GSFB said:
Grand Summoners
3 t ·
2/6 20:00-20:30(PST)

The app was accidentally released on the App Store during the above times.
If you have installed version v1.0.0, please update to version v1.0.1.

The official release is planned on the night of February 7th.

We ask that users who registered during
the above time to delete the app and reinstall it.

Grand Summoners Global Development Team

Yet another fuckup during launch.
Still waiting Android version & apk.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
My guess is that they will launch later (maybe) in other countries too.
Maybe, but it seems strange that the Facebook post explicitly stated US only. Normally, if it's an early launch for one Country but others to follow, they mention it. It could just be poor phrasing, though.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can't even log into the game. Getting error message even though I have the correct version. Oh well.

Edit: Seems the game is coming online later tonight.

Last edited: