• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
This video is bizarre. Is this his first gacha?

However, that said, I will never play a game that does that "lemme give you 980 gems and not 1000" bullshit. Never. Never. That's near the top of worst gacha practices.
i mean, it does give you 1040 gems, but it's 980 paid and 60 free, which isn't enough to roll the paid gems only banner, which i guess is his complaint

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i mean, it does give you 1040 gems, but it's 980 paid and 60 free, which isn't enough to roll the paid gems only banner, which i guess is his complaint

Ugh that's even worse! And separating paid from unpaid gems is near top of lame list as well.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ah didn't realise that. That is still bullshit though. FGO does the same thing. I agree with Einbroch the game always looked fairly ho hum to me.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this mirrors garbage in Magireco. Horribly imbalanced in favor of whales and RNG bullshit.

PvP shouldn't exist in gacha games at ALL.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
I'll try the new Love Live game next week when the global version comes out, but I expect to dislike it. I am kind of curious if it will do better than SIF or if it will crash and burn.

The gameplay looks really bad, and the events seem super filler even by gacha standards.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I'll try the new Love Live game next week when the global version comes out, but I expect to dislike it. I am kind of curious if it will do better than SIF or if it will crash and burn.

The gameplay looks really bad, and the events seem super filler even by gacha standards.
This one isn't that much about the gameplay than more about the team management and story. Gameplay is very simplistic after all.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
A lot of his complaints feel like the kind of nitpicky bullshit people mistake for "criticism." I've no idea if the game is good or not but honestly the video didn't convince me either way. Though I did find his complaints about auto amusing, the majority of games have auto just run the stage for you, thats why they're called auto not skip.

I mean the video felt like he didnt like it and then used fairly generic complaints to justify it to himself. Gacha games are inherently sort of garbage so the latter isnt particularly hard:

- Uninspired UI - check
- Repetitive gameplay loop - check
- Limited upgrade mats - check
- Stamina caps - check
- Have to earn currency slowly - check
- Have to play the game to unlock stuff - check (also, no shit)

I will say some of his complaints do seem valid, in particular the $30 10 pull option being 20 short of a ten pull.
He mentions MH Explore and that was a good game that got progressively worse as time went on. Riders is your standard gacha affair. I had hope for riders but yeah, there's probably a good reason why a lot MH spinoffs are japan only. Maybe the global version (if ever) will fix things? (99% sure it won't.)

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
This one isn't that much about the gameplay than more about the team management and story. Gameplay is very simplistic after all.

And both are red flags, a focus in team management in a gacha game is uhhhh really suspicious, and from what I played of SIF and know from the Love Live franchise, the events in SIFAS are just very simple "cute girls doing cute things" over and over again with not all that deep characters. It's hard to imagine how that wouldn't get old quickly with anyone who isn't really into Love Live, which I am not. But I would love to be proven wrong. I really like Ai and would like to collect her cards (if the game ends up being good, of course).

Last edited:

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
And both are red flags, a focus in team management in a gacha game is uhhhh really suspicious, and from what I played of SIF and know from the Love Live franchise, the events in SIFAS are just very simple "cute girls doing cute things" over and over again with not all that deep characters. It's hard to imagine how that wouldn't get old quickly with anyone who isn't really into Love Live, which I am not. But I would love to be proven wrong. I really like Ai and would like to collect her cards (if the game ends up being good, of course).
yeah, if you're not into lovelive this game ain't for you.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
It's not a very challenging game, no. It's supposed to be something different than LLSIF.
I think it would have been better if it was just improved version of that, but oh well.
It's still worth giving a try? I'm still playing it, although not as much anymore.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this mirrors garbage in Magireco. Horribly imbalanced in favor of whales and RNG bullshit.

Don't stress about rank, it's pointless. All you do is get a badge that's displayed on your user profile until the next ranking event and then it's gone forever. It servers no purpose. Just do your daily battles for the coins, grab the useful items from the shop with them, and then move on. Some games gives you a title you can equip WITH an added stat benefit for ranking high, so at least there's nothing like that here. It's completely harmless, so don't worry about things too much.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed the premise of all stars I'll be a bit more serious in the eng version

It had horrible drop rates and skill tree costs at first but immediately fixed it to tolerable

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017

Don't stress about rank, it's pointless. All you do is get a badge that's displayed on your user profile until the next ranking event and then it's gone forever. It servers no purpose. Just do your daily battles for the coins, grab the useful items from the shop with them, and then move on.

Or be like I, just ignore it completely. For me pvp in Magireco is something that doesn't exist.

-

Also just noticed that yesterday was my 120th login day, was kinda surprised that I have logged so many days when I think all the problems I had with it.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Don't stress about rank, it's pointless. All you do is get a badge that's displayed on your user profile until the next ranking event and then it's gone forever. It servers no purpose. Just do your daily battles for the coins, grab the useful items from the shop with them, and then move on. Some games gives you a title you can equip WITH an added stat benefit for ranking high, so at least there's nothing like that here. It's completely harmless, so don't worry about things too much.
Or be like I, just ignore it completely. For me pvp in Magireco is something that doesn't exist.
Yeah I guess so. It looks like you can barely buy half the ranking medal shop even if you win all your matches anyway.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017

Fyi.
Those lists are only for "Anime". For example Final Fantasy: Brave Esvius is not there neither is FF:RK. Granted no clue how high they are nowadays in grossing.

From reddit post:

YourNameWasTaken said:
Keep in mind that it only lists top 30 mobile games that panimeHQ deems as "anime". A lot of the bottom ranking games rarely break top 500 revenue on the US google play store. The 30th rank on panimeHQ's JP list has similar revenue as the 6th rank on the US list.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
After seeing the mess that was the JPN release (and I'm sure Gumi will be even greedier with the Global version), WotV is pretty much dead to me. But I'm glad for those interested in the game.

BTW, the more I see of Symphogear the more a cash grab it seems. There's like six different banners running right now and they're already starting to add special bundles. :/

shoyz

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe it's just me, but Square Enix's mobile games seem locked in time to look forever ancient and outdated, graphically and especially UI. It's petty, but it put me off of trying Valkyrie Anatomia and Dissidia (Opera Omnia). The moment I read it's from SE I resign myself to seeing the giant blue buttons reminiscent of playing their games on my original iPod Touch.
It's bizarre, because I recall Square Enix being the absolute juggernaut of production value on mobile back in the day. War of the Visions looks marginally better than I recall, say, Chaos Rings looking, and that came out.. a full decade ago!?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like starting next month the developers of Last Cloudia are going to enforce actions on players using macros. So instead of fixing the way the game works and the fact that you need to macro to make any sort of progress (I don't play the game anymore, haven't for several months), they do this. If the bans start happening, that'll pretty much be the final nail in the coffin (in addition to all of the greedy paid banners as of late).

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't think I can play another Gumi game after Alchemist Code, it doesnt help that this is transparently Alchemist Code reskinned

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just wondering if for Global it'll be the same Gumi as FFBE.

I hated how they reworked FFBE into something weirdly different than JP with the weird collabs and stuff.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like we're getting Madokami soon. Also, Symphogear please slow the fuck down (we're getting like 2 more banners in the next 5 days from a datamine).

I appreciate Magia Record's pacing now that I've played Symphogear.

Edit: Art, banner, event stuff is all translated, so the 25th it is.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like we're getting Madokami soon. Also, Symphogear please slow the fuck down (we're getting like 2 more banners in the next 5 days from a datamine).

I appreciate Magia Record's pacing now that I've played Symphogear.
I kind of expected it. They knew people were waiting for her so it didn't make sense to drag things out, especially at the pace Global has been moving at. Honestly, she'll probably be the next event starting on the 25th, to coincide with the new app update. I believe it's when she

shows up in the next anime too, since it's the Sana arc which is where she makes her first appearance in-game. They'll probably tie it to that.

I said it time and time again on Reddit, and sometimes got downvoted because of it. Nice to feel a little vindication anyway, haha.

Edit: And yeah, Symphogear is a joke. They're releasing banners faster then people can earn currency, and when you factor in how important duplicates are...

Magia Record's pace feels so much better, all of a sudden.

Edit:

And there we have it.

banner_0121_m.png

Edit again:

Confirmed. She arrives on the 25th!

Last edited:

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but how does that site work to find news items that aren't visible in the app yet? I guess it's the same way I can access an address like https://webview.fate-go.us/2020/0220_900dl/index.html from a PC and see the FGO news, but the difference is the Magireco team is publishing the news files to their web portal that makes them accessible to anyone if you know where to look, but why doesn't the app display them if the content is uploaded? Though the final question is how people figured out where to look in the first place.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I believe the rika.ren website pulls the data from the other datamined website, and collects it in a manner that resembles the way the game posts it. Rika.ren isn't official, it's just a second source where the data is displayed from the primary datamine website (the android one you linked above). They do have an official news site, but it only shows what's listed already in-game and nothing datamined.

magiarecord-en.com - This website is for sale! - magiarecord en Resources and Information.

This website is for sale! magiarecord-en.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, magiarecord-en.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ultimate Madoka coming out on the 25th huh. Just saw the news and its not even spring. Guess they ain't waiting holding her banner for the 1st year anniversary now. I have 3.5k Magia stones. If I get lucky, maybe get two copies. I haven't been doing dailies ever since ranked mirrors drop. Her banner is almost 2 weeks long. Enough time to get the ten tickets for next month at least.

Chrono gonna blow all your magia stones on her since you've been waiting since launch?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ultimate Madoka coming out on the 25th huh. Just saw the news and its not even spring. Guess they ain't waiting holding her banner for the 1st year anniversary now. I have 3.5k Magia stones. If I get lucky, maybe get two copies. I haven't been doing dailies ever since ranked mirrors drop. Her banner is almost 2 weeks long. Enough time to get the ten tickets for next month at least.

Chrono gonna blow all your magia stones on her since you've been waiting since launch?
Yeah, I've been saving for this day, haha. I have a little over 1000 pulls saved, so I'm ready to spend them all. I know I should be able to four-slot her with all of that, but it's all luck at the end of the day. Nothing is certain. It'll be nice finally being able to make some substantial pulls, though. I've been holding back for far too long.

Best of luck to you and others here trying for her!

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Only could save up 310 rolls in my 2 1/2 months playtime for Godoka. Hope that i will net me around 2-3 copies.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I believe the rika.ren website pulls the data from the other datamined website, and collects it in a manner that resembles the way the game posts it. Rika.ren isn't official, it's just a second source where the data is displayed from the primary datamine website (the android one you linked above). They do have an official news site, but it only shows what's listed already in-game and nothing datamined.

magiarecord-en.com - This website is for sale! - magiarecord en Resources and Information.

This website is for sale! magiarecord-en.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, magiarecord-en.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
Still not sure why there are full news items that the datamining sites can see but aren't displayed on the official site and app. Well, whatever.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Warning for people playing Symphogear. They released a new story thing, but this story content is something that you weren't supposed to have until basically after several dozen events. It spoils the shit out of the game. Basically avoid for now. You also get a free roll on the collab banner I guess.

Edit: Specifically, this story content came after there was at least 45 events, almost two years after the game's launch. All of these events are a prequel to this content. We were also supposed to get some story stuff like 2 days after launch. These devs have no idea what they're doing.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to uninstall. I've played enough gacha games to know where Symphogear is going. Good luck to those sticking with it, but I don't have the highest expectations.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna keep playing, but I've given up on having even a shred of expectation for the developers at this point.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
The Magireco login teasers are seriously one of the coolest ways I've seen to hype upcoming content. Though it's a shame that apparently even in JP they had formally revealed her just a bit before the messages started appearing; if they had just shown up out of nowhere with no official comment related to them, even though they're obviously related to Ultimate Madoka, it would have blown everyone's mind.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I was going to mention that. It's really cool indeed, I can't imagine how it'd feel if it was something completely unknown to us. I wish more games did this kind of thing, but datamines usually tend to ruin it anyway. :(

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
FG reminded me on how I felt about even trying Langrisser. On one hand, I was never good at tactical RPG games. On the other hand, the genre always had an offensive charm to it. Above all, even with all the QOL changes, Langrisser in my eyes still comes across as a gacha game that you need to consume a significant amount of time and that is perfectly fine but that is my personal first deal-breaker for this year among other things.

Now if you are still on hold for WOTV there is a great laid-back youtuber by the name of AOJ that has done a review after a month playing the JP version and you could find it here. If you just want to read comments about it there is Reddit and Qoo App .

Lastly and for anyone that missed the FEH fiasco of this month, check out the following video.

What else? Well E7 finally introduces a decent autorepeat.

Not sure if I am going to make 7DS my main or not. AKs has been growing on me day by day after the third reinstall and been playing it for roughly 23 days but I am still not 100%. Staminy for myself and my personal preference is not an issue anymore after also investing on the $5 monthly pack in which it gives you daily stamina pots for 30 days. I wish they did not have an expiry date though as that means that you will be forced to use them not in the most optimal way.

It is refreshing of playing a complete different type of genre in a gacha game so it is definitely a fresh air. Also I never thought I would be able to enjoy a roaster of 10-15 different characters so I still find it suprising and shocking that I do because in other type of genres, I always thought that it was such a drag commiting your resources to too many of them.

I honestly feel very spoiled by AKs right now.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The problem with any review of the Japanese version of WOTV is that it doesnt take into account the bumbling greed of GUMI Global. Never mind their tweaking of rewards and rates their "Global original" characters routinely blew up Alchemist Code (even if their design was sometimes pretty cool, the halloween outfit for that gunslinger girl was great IIRC).

Though I will say WOTV's character art is great.