• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I already had 0 interest in Dragon Quest of the Stars, but apparently it has a VIP system that locks auto mode with skills and x3 speed so I'm not even touching it now

image0.png

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Magireco Chapter 8 is so convoluted in its structure that they weren't even able to program those "story so far" recaps correctly -- after opening the game and going to the story menu, I just got one that had plot details beyond what I'd played of the chapter so far.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that happened to me too. Thankfully it wasn't a massive spoiler since I was close to that scene happening anyway, but it did make me work exclusively on the Iroha + Yachiyo + Kanagi branch storylines, as I'm pretty sure that one carries the main "story flow".

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Quick update on BonBon world. I'm still "playing" it. It really is typical soft launch. Nothing has happened after 14.2.2020 when latest event ended.
Also I've been stuck in 139 floor from that day and trying to do it about 10 times per day. Not going to use gems for continues (which gives 5 turns) or to boosters that are overpriced. I think 142 or something is last floor in the game. Havent bothered to do alot Hard stages.

Screenshot_20200224-182039.png
Screenshot_20200224-182103.png
Screenshot_20200224-182301.png

Problem is not the enemy eventho game suggest that I should level my units more lol.
Problem is the insane amount of red orbs I need to combine in 15 turns. Basically I need to combine total of 6 red orbs per turn in order to complete the requirement of 90 red orbs. Skyfalls are very rare and most often its just 3-4 orbs of random colour combined per turn.

Not sure how one can do this without use of Gems. At least I havent managed to do it and I been trying 10 days sofar :p.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I don't make OTs for non-English games, so if you'd like to make one, you're more than welcome to! I don't think you'll find a lot of people to play with, though, because non-English gacha on this forum especially are pretty dead.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I don't make OTs for non-English games, so if you'd like to make one, you're more than welcome to! I don't think you'll find a lot of people to play with, though, because non-English gacha on this forum especially are pretty dead.

Good to know thanks

Its really easy to play in japanese but I understand. Hopefully it gets localized because it really is damn good

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
The hurdle of region-locked marketplaces is enough of a stopper for most people. Why would I jump that for a gacha game? That being said, I will play Monster Hunter Riders if there's a global release.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
The hurdle of region-locked marketplaces is enough of a stopper for most people. Why would I jump that for a gacha game? That being said, I will play Monster Hunter Riders if there's a global release.

At the very least i want to share how much a great experience its been

To be fair i know how it can change between regions with gacha games but as of now not only is the game very generous to free players but it also is mechanically engaging and i have yet to hit a content wall that i couldnt overcome with a good team build and strategy

Its simple as far as turned based combat goes but it is done very well and has a lot of QOL features that i really enjoy

Brilliant game all things considered especially no in this genre

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Good luck to everyone here (all three of us) pulling for Ultimate Madoka in Magia Record tomorrow. I'm super nervous about it, since I've been saving all of my currency (or at least, 99% of it) for this moment. Here's hoping my patience pays off, but if not I'm sure I'll get another chance in a few months when the anniversary hits.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Good luck to everyone here (all three of us) pulling for Ultimate Madoka in Magia Record tomorrow. I'm super nervous about it, since I've been saving all of my currency (or at least, 99% of it) for this moment. Here's hoping my patience pays off, but if not I'm sure I'll get another chance in a few months when the anniversary hits.
Im ready to die with my 330 pulls.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Im ready to die with my 330 pulls.
That's still an extremely decent supply of pulls (that's at least three pity girls, even if RNG hates you). But yeah, 60% chance can be rough. :/

Here's hoping tomorrow is a good day to us all and Ultimate Madoka brings happiness and not despair.

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
Here are some review write-ups from Reddit 1, 2, and 3 for 7DS. I was initially not going to post a video tips-and-basic-guide type but honestly I like his very laid-back non-nonsense attitude that keeps it short and to the point. The others tend to be other super long, with lots of bla. Please do note that if you want to play it on your phone and maximize your experience, you will most likely need PocoF1/Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro+ or a strictly gaming phone . Someone else can jump in and comment on the type of phone they have been using.

What else?

Erm we are expecting Dragon Raja on 27.02.2020. I guess you could say it is somewhat of a crossing of FFIX and PSO2? Also since I missed it and in case others have missed it too, here is a preview of Lineage 2M. Honestly, all they have to do here in the West with MMOrpgs on mobile phone is just simply remove this cancerous auto-loop

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I was thinking about Magireco, especially in light of fighting 4->5*s with other 4->5*s in the Mirrors Ranking and the comments about duplicate pulls in Symphgear XDU from a bit earlier. It's definitely true that different games due different things regarding the use of extra copies of characters, and it sounds like XDU handles it in a pretty player-unfriendly way. Magireco isn't entirely blameless, though; thanks to the way the memoria system works, it's still super valuable to go for dupes compared to some other games. For a natural 4* even just a second slot already opens up a lot of extra utility due to being able to stack two passive skills which can have an effect at all times, and at four slots the character is now exponentially more powerful due to not just being able to wield two active and two passive skills, but the potential stat boost from them all combined can make a world of difference in attack power or survivability for the whole battle.
In FGO, getting extra NP levels does help out a bit, but has little effect on the majority of turn-to-turn gameplay (and the boost scales less and less with each additional NP level). for the most part a NP 1 Gilgamesh, for example, won't be any less effective in general battle than a NP 5 Gilgamesh, but a 4-slot Darc will hit a lot harder with normal attacks than a 1-slot one.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Passing on DQ, but definitely going to re-roll for Love Live. I really enjoy the IP and the presentation values looks to be stellar.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
At the very least i want to share how much a great experience its been

To be fair i know how it can change between regions with gacha games but as of now not only is the game very generous to free players but it also is mechanically engaging and i have yet to hit a content wall that i couldnt overcome with a good team build and strategy

Its simple as far as turned based combat goes but it is done very well and has a lot of QOL features that i really enjoy

Brilliant game all things considered especially no in this genre
you're not giving anything specific to hook me. especially with llas releasing, it's harder for me to want to play monhun.

anything specific you like about it?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Love Live! All Stars releasing the exact same time as Dragon Quest of the Stars provides...a very stark difference in quality between the two. Yes, I know one is a five year old game, but even still...

Seriously, LL!AS is one of the better looking gacha games I've played in a while. It's so clean! Also love that haptic feedback on the iPhone 11.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
And done with Magia Record.
1 Godoka and 5 off banner 4*. Not getting again into a toxic relationship with another Aniplex gacha after FGO. At least i can fully concentrate on 7DS now.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
you're not giving anything specific to hook me. especially with llas releasing, it's harder for me to want to play monhun.

anything specific you like about it?

Quick things off the top of my head

- Visuals/animation/artstyle are beautiful

- Combat and Strategy are compelling and varied. Very few wasted characters and lots of viable setups and tools to play with

- nice difficulty range on content and rewards to match

- No bloat or waste among its economy. Generous amounts of rewards given out and well thought to help push you forward to the next level of content.

There more for me to gush about but these stand out at the moment. I can deep dive further if ya want

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
1 Godoka and 5 off banner 4*. Not getting again into a toxic relationship with another Aniplex gacha after FGO. At least i can fully concentrate on 7DS now.
Damn, sorry. I got a handful of spooks as well, but not as bad as you. That's rough. I mean, it IS only a 60% chance to get an on-banner character, but it sounds like you fell on the unlucky side of the RNG today. My condolences. :(

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Aniplex gachas have the better rateup to full rate difference, to be honest. You think a 60% on Magireco or a 70% (80% in two years) in FGO is bad? Try a 10% on SIFAS. That's the main thing that turns me off from that game, how awful the rateups are.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the rates are lower for general high-rarity characters, but if you do manage to get the 4/5* pull, there's a good chance it's a banner character (though spooks do still happen, as in the case above). It doesn't make it hurt any less, that's for sure.

As mentioned, in doing my pulls I got three spooks (Mitama, Mifuyu, and a regular Madoka) before I got my four slot for Ultimate Madoka. I consider myself very fortunate, as I know it could have cost me a lot more. I knew I wasn't stopping until I either achieved my goal or ran out of currency, so thankfully it didn't require the latter.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of like an RPG crossed with a rhythm game. It's weird, but in a unique way. Basically the notes aren't overly difficult to hit or anything, so it should hopefully be okay for you, but the bulk of the gameplay comes around team-building, since you lose HP even if you hit the notes perfectly. It's more about about using your skills in the middle of gameplay and bringing in the proper team members to combat whatever element you're facing.

It's new for me too so I can go into depth beyond this just yet as I need to play it more, but it's really interesting so far.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty bad luck since you had way more gems stocked for her than me.

I got 2 copies of Godoka with 3.6k gems and 30+ tickets. Got a non-rate up spook with Himika Mao and I MLB all the limited CE with Godoka in it lol. It just kept popping up. Himika is new, but nothing compares to the Goddess. My first copy came real quick.
I did 5 tickets, then a multi. Literally the first card was Godoka lol. My 2nd copy came to me within 55 into pity. I was lucky. I was hoping to get another copy, but stupid Himika showed up. Oh well. I'll try on her banner when I have more gems and tickets. 25 into another pity right now and I'm completely out of gems. Not sure if I can even buy the monthly tickets. I have 2 gems total atm.

UP1cLxE.jpg

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Quite liking SIFAS. My problem is I suck at rhythm games, and this focuses much more on the RPG/meta game than a traditional rhythm game. Plus it looks like you get a ton of skip tickets every day.

Doesn't hurt that it's absolutely stunning to look at.

ATXAlchemy

Nov 1, 2017
I just threw 100-rolls yesterday for Miyashita Ai in Love Live All Stars and I only got one UR and it's not even the pickup.

Apparently, you also need to do 250 rolls to get a guaranteed (roughly 70k JPY).

What kind of game Love Live allstar is
I have disability that prevent me playing rhythm game

It's a music RPG.

After you finish a song on a difficulty once, there's an option for auto-play so you basically focus only on unit-switching and activating the circle thing below.

It scores you lower than playing manually since your timings are locked to "great" only, which is lower than "wonderful". But if your team's stats is very good (and you meet the per-song requirement), you can achieve S very easy.

You can probably ask a friend to finish it once, it's relatively easy even on hard. Haven't tried the Hard++ difficulty yet, tho, it's probably harder.

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Might as well post this.

We have created a general GachaERA Discord. It is born out of the Epic Seven Discord and Arknights Discord. There are a few things to know, however:
  • It is not officially affiliated with ERA. Duh.
  • We will be focusing on larger games. There will not be, for example, a channel for every single game. It clutters up the server. If a game gets big enough or has guild content that requires a channel, they will be made. It's fluid. If a game loses popularity, it will fall down the list and eventually will be removed.
  • Obviously the huge games can and should have their own servers. Arknights, for example, has no co-op and no guild content, so it doesn't need its own server.
  • There is still an other-gacha-games channel for you to discuss other gacha games. Obviously you can discuss whatever games you want in these channels.
  • There is a server-feedback channel. Use it to suggest a channel be created.
  • It obviously is not exclusive to ERA members. That's dumb. Invite people you think would want a smaller community to chat with. Don't just throw the link out there for the world, though.
  • Current games with their own sections are Epic Seven, Arknights, and Seven Deadly Sins. There is a Crossing Void channel as well.
Anyway, that's all. Oh, and it's full of memers. Fucking memers.

DISCORD LINK

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Might as well post this.

We have created a general GachaERA Discord. It is born out of the Epic Seven Discord and Arknights Discord. There are a few things to know, however:
  • It is not officially affiliated with ERA. Duh.
  • We will be focusing on larger games. There will not be, for example, a channel for every single game. It clutters up the server. If a game gets big enough or has guild content that requires a channel, they will be made. It's fluid. If a game loses popularity, it will fall down the list and eventually will be removed.
  • Obviously the huge games can and should have their own servers. Arknights, for example, has no co-op and no guild content, so it doesn't need its own server.
  • There is still an other-gacha-games channel for you to discuss other gacha games. Obviously you can discuss whatever games you want in these channels.
  • There is a server-feedback channel. Use it to suggest a channel be created.
  • It obviously is not exclusive to ERA members. That's dumb. Invite people you think would want a smaller community to chat with. Don't just throw the link out there for the world, though.
  • Current games with their own sections are Epic Seven, Arknights, and Seven Deadly Sins. There is a Crossing Void channel as well.
Anyway, that's all. Oh, and it's full of memers. Fucking memers.

DISCORD LINK

Very cool!

If Monster Hunter Riders makes the cut I would love to participate. I may also get into Dragon Quest and War of the Visions at some point

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
After rerolls and downloaded all the shit, no issues with gameplay. In reroll process game downloads on background and it makes it laggy.

Nostalgy:

Screenshot_20200225-113812.jpg
I am normally a big Dragon Quest fan, but that game looks kinda boring. I watched some gameplay. And the VIP system seems really shitty, too. I guess I'd rather play one of the classics I didn't finish yet.

When is Seven Deadly Sins launching in Europe? Any date? That looks really good. Anyone played the japanese version? Is it good or just good looking? I read several impressions that call it the best Gacha game yet.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I am normally a big Dragon Quest fan, but that game looks kinda boring. I watched some gameplay. And the VIP system seems really shitty, too. I guess I'd rather play one of the classics I didn't finish yet.

When is Seven Deadly Sins launching in Europe? Any date? That looks really good. Anyone played the japanese version? Is it good or just good looking? I read several impressions that call it the best Gacha game yet.
Apparently it's US only for 3.3.2020? Not sure, just reading Facebook comments. It's up on the App and Play Stores right now, so you should be able to see it if it's available. Shouldn't be a region lock, though. Hate when they use global if they don't mean it. Unclear if that's the case here.

And yes, apparently it's one of the best gacha games ever made. Lots of content, impressive visuals, lots of QoL like auto repeat, very generous with a free SSR ticket every week and lots of freebie currency, and so on. The developers are also top notch, responding to criticism almost immediately and fixing mistakes.

The publisher, Netmarble, is a mixed bag. They either do a great job or suck hard. They're publishing all versions of the game, so there's hope they won't fuck it up.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently it's US only for 3.3.2020? Not sure, just reading Facebook comments. It's up on the App and Play Stores right now, so you should be able to see it if it's available. Shouldn't be a region lock, though. Hate when they use global if they don't mean it. Unclear if that's the case here.

And yes, apparently it's one of the best gacha games ever made. Lots of content, impressive visuals, lots of QoL like auto repeat, very generous with a free SSR ticket every week and lots of freebie currency, and so on. The developers are also top notch, responding to criticism almost immediately and fixing mistakes.

The publisher, Netmarble, is a mixed bag. They either do a great job or suck hard. They're publishing all versions of the game, so there's hope they won't fuck it up.
It's on "register now" / "release soon" in the European (German) App Store, but no date. So I think it's a "true" global release? Seven Deady Sins also seems kinda popular around here so it makes sense.

I am kinda burned out by gachas, but I am willing to give this one a try because I like the artstyle and graphics and the impressions seem great.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely seems to be a (mostly) true Global release for 7DS, at least I see the pre-register thing in my store too (Spain/Portugal) and we don't always get it for all games.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Responsive devs definitely raises my interest, it's the main reason I stuck with DL for so long. I've needed to cut back on my gacha time significantly since I've needed to do a ton of work recently on projects, so I'm only actively playing DL and Arknights at the moment. I'll keep my eyes out though for 7DS when March comes around and I have more free time.