• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Mar 15, 2019
Played today's releases and have already uninstalled both.

Dragon Quest of the Stars: they can't be serious. They're going to probably base the validity of releasing DQ mobile games in the West based on the success of this one (so we probably won't get Tact or the card game). I felt like someone threw me in a time machine and made me play this old game. Everything looked dated and the gameplay itself wasn't fun. I don't think this one is going to do well at all.

Love Live All Stars: the presentation for this is AMAZING. Imagine of FGO put the billions they make into a game with this level of presentation? It's just not for me. The rhythm part of the game is pretty boring and I don't like the 3d models (I'd prefer a PV for the song). I did like the story a bit (finished chapter 1 and found it charming) but not enough to justify playing a game that I find boring.

Naruto X Boruto: Ninja Tribes by Crunchyroll will be release on the 31.03.2020 apparently.

I pre-registered but I feel like this is going to be a flop. A lot of the gacha YouTubers I watch aren't happy with the presentation/fight scenes.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I think I've sunk enough time into SIFAS to form an opinion on it.

This is an RPG in a rhythm game shell. The whole game is the meta game, with some minor "combat". Hitting the notes is important, sure, but the game is quite easy. It's more about swapping between your teams mid-"battle" depending on what the stage demands of you.

Instead of going "okay, I need my Priest to heal me now" you swap to your Guard squad and heal/sheild up. Instead of blowing all your cooldowns when a boss's weak point is exposed, you swap to your Voltage squad to deal "damage" to the "boss".

The game is also seemingly very low maintenance. You get a ton of skip tickets a day and it's gorgeous. Definitely sticking with it for now.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
After you finish a song on a difficulty once, there's an option for auto-play so you basically focus only on unit-switching and activating the circle thing below.
Autoplay in a rhythm game? That's the most asinine thing I've ever heard.
We have created a general GachaERA Discord.
How much will this kill discussion in the thread if I don't want to go to Discord?

Oh and Chrono I'd be curious to hear your response to the stuff i posted on the last page about the Magireco memoria and dupes system.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Autoplay in a rhythm game? That's the most asinine thing I've ever heard.

How much will this kill discussion in the thread if I don't want to go to Discord?

Oh and Chrono I'd be curious to hear your response to the stuff i posted on the last page about the Magireco memoria and dupes system.
Well, it's not really a rhythm game. It's an RPG.

And you don't have to. There's really not a lot of discussion here to kill anyway. I know Chrono doesn't do Discord, the FOOL.

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
Played a bit of the LL game, but haven't been able to get into it. It looks great, but feels kinda sterile? Might spend some more time, because the gameplay seems pretty neat. Although, it did make me redownload Starlight Stage and I played that for around an hour lol. Both games have great mv's.

The main character's dialogue made me cringe a bit though haha.

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
Dragon Quest of the Stars: they can't be serious. They're going to probably base the validity of releasing DQ mobile games in the West based on the success of this one (so we probably won't get Tact or the card game). I felt like someone threw me in a time machine and made me play this old game. Everything looked dated and the gameplay itself wasn't fun. I don't think this one is going to do well at all.

As much as it hurts to admit, I mostly agree. Their window to release this to the Global audience was years ago, when the best gacha we had was crap like Brave Frontier. They're sending this out to die at this point, which is a shame since they'll just use it as another example for why we won't get Walk or Tact.

That said, I'm a stubborn fan so I downloaded it anyway... beggars can't be choosers. I went through the trouble of downloading the SEA version of DQM Super Light years ago, and I find this to be significantly better.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
And you don't have to. There's really not a lot of discussion here to kill anyway. I know Chrono doesn't do Discord, the FOOL.

Yeah Discord doesn't take away the trash talk and posts I do about different gachas.
Anyways liking DQotS and opened Vocations changes there. Things looking interesting, still in the early phase thus havent opened nor done any coops yet.

Thus replaced Apprentice Adventures with new vocations for party and now they are:

Warrior / Mage / Dancer

Just went what weapons are preferred :).

Apprentice Adventurer has level max of 20, every other vocations max is 99 levels.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Discord doesn't take away the trash talk and posts I do about different gachas.
Anyways liking DQotS and opened Vocations changes there. Things looking interesting, still in the early phase thus havent opened nor done any coops yet.
Yeah, that's how I view this thread. Post new gachas, meme some impressions, maybe talk about it for a day or two, but then move on to more dedicated outlets, like subreddits, Discords, official threads, and so on.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's not really a rhythm game. It's an RPG.
Let's be honest, it's more of a school idol collection game than either of those.

But really, that does kill my interest in it. It's an interesting spin on things, but for a franchise with such a heavy focus on the songs it feels like a letdown and such a weird combination. Though considering that the normal SIF game still exists, I guess that's their reasoning... but it would be nice to have a game in the LL franchise with the production values of SIFAS but also proper rhythm gameplay like Starlight Stage.
Speaking of which... Bamco continue look like fools to have basically left the Idolmaster franchise to die in the west while Bushiroad is marching full steam ahead with all their properties.

xtien

Apr 21, 2019

Thus replaced Apprentice Adventures with new vocations for party and now they are:

Warrior / Mage / Dancer

Just went what weapons are preferred :).

Apprentice Adventurer has level max of 20, every other vocations max is 99 levels.

Warrior/Paladin/Pirate for me. I usually have a Martial Artist on my DQ teams, but I don't have any decent claws or poles.

I'm finding the P2W complaints about the subscription to be overblown? Auto-battle is a standard feature, and it looks like it's just the x3 speed locked behind the paywall. The other features aren't exactly must-haves either.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I'm finding the P2W complaints about the subscription to be overblown? Auto-battle is a standard feature, and it looks like it's just the x3 speed locked behind the paywall. The other features aren't exactly must-haves either.

I guess its about that auto battle has no skill usage. But it is only when one is grinding something that needs skills. Since most of the story related stuff needs like finish with skill or something. If you are autoing chances are that mission will not be done :).

I did grab that 30 day free trial and canceled subscription. So I have 30 days to test that paid thing.

Also cleared level 1 Metal Ruins, gives nice exp and better to have some Vocations equipped.

Screenshot_20200226-083134.jpg

Aran

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Played today's releases and have already uninstalled both.

Love Live All Stars: the presentation for this is AMAZING. Imagine of FGO put the billions they make into a game with this level of presentation? It's just not for me. The rhythm part of the game is pretty boring and I don't like the 3d models (I'd prefer a PV for the song). I did like the story a bit (finished chapter 1 and found it charming) but not enough to justify playing a game that I find boring.

I pre-registered but I feel like this is going to be a flop. A lot of the gacha YouTubers I watch aren't happy with the presentation/fight scenes.
Interesting, I actually feel like the game might succeed considering how similar it seem Dragon Ball Dokkan.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I think I've sunk enough time into SIFAS to form an opinion on it.

This is an RPG in a rhythm game shell. The whole game is the meta game, with some minor "combat". Hitting the notes is important, sure, but the game is quite easy. It's more about swapping between your teams mid-"battle" depending on what the stage demands of you.

Instead of going "okay, I need my Priest to heal me now" you swap to your Guard squad and heal/sheild up. Instead of blowing all your cooldowns when a boss's weak point is exposed, you swap to your Voltage squad to deal "damage" to the "boss".

The game is also seemingly very low maintenance. You get a ton of skip tickets a day and it's gorgeous. Definitely sticking with it for now.
I'm still wrapping my head around how teams work. I get that each character has a different type, suited for certain aspects (voltage gain, skill usage, guarding, healing, etc.), it's just a lot to learn. I look at the team composition and find it difficult to know where to place everyone. I'm sure I'll come to terms with it all eventually, but there's a lot of mechanics/systems in place. Plenty of ways to level your character too, as well as training.

It's definitely overwhelming for me right now, but I am having a good time with it.

I just saw your post.

Yeah, duplicates in Magia Record are definitely more useful than in a game such as FGO, but you really only need two copies total for the extra Memoria slot, so you can equip both a passive and active Memoria on them (to help balance their stats). Obviously having all four slots are ideal, but it's not really needed, at least for PVE content. PVP (for high-end mirrors especially) it's a lot more important, but when paired with a strong friend, two slots should be more than adequate for PVE.

Symphogear is the absolute worst though, since without the five (or is it six?) duplicates, you're literally unable to fully level and evolve them to their highest rarity. If you only summon one of the Magical Girls in MR it might suck to have her at one Memoria Slot, but you can still evolve and level her to 100, as well as unlock her Doppel and such. You might be missing out on a few of the additional stats coming from the extra Memoria slots, as well as the skills associated with them, but it's not an absolute deal-breaker. One extra thing that Ultimate Madoka gets from having four slots (that I didn't know before yesterday) is her EX skill is upgraded a bit so it's more potent, but it's not as though it's useless at its base values. I think it's something like a 3% increase, IIRC?

I know Chrono doesn't do Discord, the FOOL.
Can't make me. Won't make me!

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Love Live is really pretty but I only put about 45 minutes into so I don't have a full grasp of it yet. I also don't care at all for the LL girls unlike something like Bandori so we'll see how long i go until I delete it.
Dragon Quest is...quaint. I wish it had named characters from the series in it from the start, but hopefully they start coming later via story or events or whatever. I didn't read up on how this game handles that. It's kinda clunky and grindy and I'm only juuuuust now slowly moving beyond that early gacha point of "can't play fast enough to deplete my stamina" so we'll see.
Both of these will probably just be to tide me over until 7DS anyway.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I bought the 10x ticket from the event store in Magia Record. I was at 25 for pity. I get my third Godoka lol. She appeared on my 9th one. I just need 1 more. 1 more to MLB her extra skill. I've been using her and already cleared all the challenge quest. Her EX skill really does help so much in longer fights. I need to save gems for the monthly tickets in a few days. 1/100 for pity lol. The Goddess only needs to answer my plea one more time.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
I'm at 85/100 for Madokami. I'm worried I wont be able to get to pity at this rate. There will be 10 tickets for mirrors, so it will be a close call. If I get spooked by anything I'll be pretty upset I admit.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So I bought the 10x ticket from the event store in Magia Record. I was at 25 for pity. I get my third Godoka lol. She appeared on my 9th one. I just need 1 more. 1 more to MLB her extra skill. I've been using her and already cleared all the challenge quest. Her EX skill really does help so much in longer fights. I need to save gems for the monthly tickets in a few days. 1/100 for pity lol. The Goddess only needs to answer my plea one more time.
Nice, congrats! She really does trivialize Challenge content, I love her. I mean, I was going to pull for her regardless since it's Madoka, but the fact that she's as great as she is only added to my desire to get her. I need to decide on my next focus though, either Cool Homura or Iroha + Yachiro, which will likely be arriving within a month or two of each other...

I'm at 85/100 for Madokami. I'm worried I wont be able to get to pity at this rate. There will be 10 tickets for mirrors, so it will be a close call. If I get spooked by anything I'll be pretty upset I admit.
Don't forget we'll be getting a ten-pull ticket for 200 Magia Stone from Mitama's Shop when it resets next month, so try to save for that as well!

Good luck to you, though! I got spooked by a regular Madoka when I was doing my Ultimate Madoka pulls, which...was an experience. I hope fate leans in your favor and you get her.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, congrats! She really does trivialize Challenge content, I love her. I mean, I was going to pull for her regardless since it's Madoka, but the fact that she's as great as she is only added to my desire to get her. I need to decide on my next focus though, either Cool Homura or Iroha + Yachiro, which will likely be arriving within a month or two of each other...

Don't forget we'll be getting a ten-pull ticket for 200 Magia Stone from Mitama's Shop when it resets next month, so try to save for that as well!

Good luck to you, though! I got spooked by a regular Madoka when I was doing my Ultimate Madoka pulls, which...was an experience. I hope fate leans in your favor and you get her.
Did you already pulled for 4 copies Chrono? Was fate kind to you?

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
Quick things off the top of my head

- Visuals/animation/artstyle are beautiful

- Combat and Strategy are compelling and varied. Very few wasted characters and lots of viable setups and tools to play with

- nice difficulty range on content and rewards to match

- No bloat or waste among its economy. Generous amounts of rewards given out and well thought to help push you forward to the next level of content.

There more for me to gush about but these stand out at the moment. I can deep dive further if ya want
neato. how's the auto play? i'm lazy. auto-play, auto-repeat options?
Very cool!

If Monster Hunter Riders makes the cut I would love to participate. I may also get into Dragon Quest and War of the Visions at some point
without a monhun channel, just posting your exploits of monhun in #other-(garbage)-gacha might be a good way to advertise and get more players
What kind of game Love Live allstar is
I have disability that prevent me playing rhythm game
like above said, after one completion, you can auto play it. this game is meant more to be an RPG and strategy. and during auto play you might want to watch and switch teams by clicking the arrows ont he sides of the screen once or twice per song, and clicking the special power on the bottom middle of the screen once or twice a song, during auto play.

or have a strong enough team that you do nothing all song and get max rank.

for your one completion, the gameplay can be done with one finger doing everything. (clicking anywhere affects both side's buttons. even a both side tap can be done by tapping twice)

it's a rhythm game with the least amount of rhythm dexterity required of any rhythm game i've seen. so if you're interested in cute girls and rpg team building, you might want to see if you can play it comfortably.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
neato. how's the auto play? i'm lazy. auto-play, auto-repeat options?
without a monhun channel, just posting your exploits of monhun in #other-(garbage)-gacha might be a good way to advertise and get more players

like above said, after one completion, you can auto play it. this game is meant more to be an RPG and strategy. and during auto play you might want to watch and switch teams by clicking the arrows ont he sides of the screen once or twice per song, and clicking the special power on the bottom middle of the screen once or twice a song, during auto play.

or have a strong enough team that you do nothing all song and get max rank.

for your one completion, the gameplay can be done with one finger doing everything. (clicking anywhere affects both side's buttons. even a both side tap can be done by tapping twice)

it's a rhythm game with the least amount of rhythm dexterity required of any rhythm game i've seen. so if you're interested in cute girls and rpg team building, you might want to see if you can play it comfortably.

Auto PLay feature is fantastic!

It runs any content on repeat in low power setup. I use it to grind overnight and it works amazingly. Now to be fair I've only played a handful of gacha games so I dont know what teh gold standard is but its a massive improvement to be able to use my phone instead of an emulator and macros!

I love being able to focus my actual attention on Story/endgame/challenges and have autoing to grind event materials

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Did you already pulled for 4 copies Chrono? Was fate kind to you?
Yeah, I stayed up past maintenance so I could do all of my pulls before sleep. I knew I wouldn't be able to rest otherwise with all of that pent-up excitement.

Fate treated me pretty well, as I managed to get four copies of her (as well as a Madoka, Mitama, and Mifuyu spook) in around 350-400 pulls. I had a little over 1,000 pulls saved and was prepared to go through them all, so things ended up well. I managed to get enough to MLB both of the banner Memoria as well, though the number of off-banner 4* Memoria was higher than I thought it'd be. Extremely happy with how things went, however.

It feels nice to still be sitting on a nice amount of resources for Cool Homura, Iroha + Yachiyo, Summer Kyoko, etc. after the Ultimate Madoka situation, though it's sad to see so many people having terrible luck with this banner (both on Reddit as well as here). I know at the end of the day it's all RNG, but it's always great to see everyone get exactly what they want, even if it's just this once. Hopefully the pulls for those less fortunate go better when she returns (which should be in just a few months for our first anniversary, if the estimations hold).

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I'm playing DQ of the stars, it's fine but a bit dated. It can hold my interest for a bit

The issue is that I have Romancing SaGa Re;UniverSe and FFBE War of the Visions in my line of sight so it will only last as long as they aren't there.

I don't know how I will be juggling those two when they come out though. I'm especially excited for RSU considering how much of a breakout success it was and how it managed to stand up to Granblue in terms of revenue. A fucking SaGa game.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing DQ of the stars, it's fine but a bit dated. It can hold my interest for a bit

The issue is that I have Romancing SaGa Re;UniverSe and FFBE War of the Visions in my line of sight so it will only last as long as they aren't there.

I don't know how I will be juggling those two when they come out though. I'm especially excited for RSU considering how much of a breakout success it was and how it managed to stand up to Granblue in terms of revenue. A fucking SaGa game.
The "problem" with RSU is that it is INCREDIBLY P2W. Certain limited banner characters are absolutely nuts and required for end-game content. Apparently outside of that it's a very good game, but there are a lot of people on the Subreddit warning potential players that if you can't hang with that, don't bother.

I'll still check it out, but just a word of warning.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
The "problem" with RSU is that it is INCREDIBLY P2W. Certain limited banner characters are absolutely nuts and required for end-game content. Apparently outside of that it's a very good game, but there are a lot of people on the Subreddit warning potential players that if you can't hang with that, don't bother.

is it worse than saint seiya? because i survived this hell

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Are the gacha characters in RSU a one-and-done thing at least, or are duplicates required?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Editing teams in SIFAS is so annoying. Is there no way to change/remove idols easily? I'm trying to edit the formation, and I can't seem to start from scratch and manually choose all of my members one-by-one. How do you even select a leader? Is it always the character in the center of the formation?

Edit: Never mind, think I figured it out.

Last edited:

xtien

Apr 21, 2019

I think "incredibly" p2w may be a bit much- I played for a year perfectly fine as a f2p player. Certain characters (mostly healers like Rocbouquet, Valentine's White Rose) were certainly key in victory on some of the really tough fights, but the pity system went a long way to ensure getting those characters wasn't a complete crapshoot.

On the other hand, the gacha rates were often frustrating with the amount of off-banner units showing up (reminiscent of Dokkan Battle), so I wouldn't exactly call it f2p-friendly either. But as long as you're somewhat careful over gem management and what you pull for, it's not too bad.

Are the gacha characters in RSU a one-and-done thing at least, or are duplicates required?

At least when I played, duplicates were not required. The game utilizes a system similar to Alchemist Code where dupes get turned into currency for that specific character, which can then be used to increase their max level cap. Character currency can also be gained in a dojo which slowly gives it to you over time, so dupes just let you limit break characters faster.

Each character does have several "styles" though, which is what you're pulling for in the gacha. Different styles have different artwork, and often have at least one skill that's unique to that style (and a 4th empty skill slot, which is where customization starts coming into play.)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
At least when I played, duplicates were not required. The game utilizes a system similar to Alchemist Code where dupes get turned into currency for that specific character, which can then be used to increase their max level cap. Character currency can also be gained in a dojo which slowly gives it to you over time, so dupes just let you limit break characters faster.

Each character does have several "styles" though, which is what you're pulling for in the gacha. Different styles have different artwork, and often have at least one skill that's unique to that style (and a 4th empty skill slot, which is where customization starts coming into play.)
Thanks, that doesn't sound too bad then!

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Rikaren didnt have lates apk yesterday when I last time checked. So can't join the pull train. Tho I have only handful of multis so not a shocker. I don't like units that have only one memoria slot to use.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like units that have only one memoria slot to use.
See, this sort of sentiment is what makes me wonder about just how "required" it is to get at least one duplicate of a limited 4* in Magireco if you want them to be truly usable. You'd never hear somebody say "I don't like servants that are only at NP1" in FGO, for example (probably).

For my part I'm wondering if I should go for two or not myself, especially with fewer resources and (apparently, according to the schedules some people are talking about) two of the absolutely strongest characters in the entire game coming up very shortly.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
I am trying to give SIFAS an honest chance, but it's really dumb gameplay-wise so far... This should have been a rhythm game.

And, I love idolcrap, but this school idol thing the game really pushes down your throat it's not my thing at all... but I guess that's a problem I have with Love Live as a whole.

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Mar 15, 2019
I am trying to give SIFAS an honest chance, but it's really dumb gameplay-wise so far... This should have been a rhythm game.

And, I love idolcrap, but this school idol thing the game really pushes down your throat it's not my thing at all... but I guess that's a problem I have with Love Live as a whole.

I would have loved to see an idol rpg with theatrhythm type gameplay. Maybe Love Live but in a fantasy setting?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The worst part about SIFAS right now is how long it takes to spend stamina, since I'm stuck with beginner songs until my teams improve. There are skip tickets, but those are limited and I'm leaving for a trip in a few days so I want to save them for that so I can blow through my stamina quickly while I do other things.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
The worst part about SIFAS right now is how long it takes to spend stamina, since I'm stuck with beginner songs until my teams improve. There are skip tickets, but those are limited and I'm leaving for a trip in a few days so I want to save them for that so I can blow through my stamina quickly while I do other things.
Later on they hand em out like candy, I got 700 now. But yeah, early on its a real pain to keep up with stamina.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
i only played up to the infinite reroll, but Monster Hunter Riders seems fine. I think, for me, the difference between this and poke masters is active time battle vs turn based. for some reason i didn't mind monhun because it was turn based, where pokemo seemed off.

anyways, the language barrier got to me so i probably won't continue.

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
"The sorry state of World Flipper today"
When World Flipper was released, it was met with a lot of praise and was overall, a successful game. This success continued for around a month, and everything went fine. There was even a r/gachagaming post about how World Flipper's twitter followers exceeded Dragalia Lost.

However, the developers made an unpopular move (advertising a banner heavily, claiming that said character can clear many content, then nerfing it to the ground about 2 days later, which prevents the character from clearing said content). This resulted in a huge backlash and multiple refunds initiated by players who quit the game. However, all these have long past and the game lives on.

Although the game continues, but the developers seems to have somehow gotten the idea of how foreigners were to blame for the downfall of their game as compared to the better times.

First, they IP-banned many Chinese countries, but this was easily solved through a VPN, though some players simply quit.

Then, they banned emulators. More players quit, since their phones may not be up to specs as this game wasn't exactly well optimized.

Now, their most recent idea, a device ban on "Mainland China" brands such as Xiaomi and Huawei.

This started about mid-January where we started seeing sporadic reports about the issue.

Right now, I am simply waiting for the ban to catch up to my "China phone".

Hopefully a modification of the build.prop can solve the issue.

Source: Reddit

Last edited:

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
i only played up to the infinite reroll, but Monster Hunter Riders seems fine. I think, for me, the difference between this and poke masters is active time battle vs turn based. for some reason i didn't mind monhun because it was turn based, where pokemo seemed off.

anyways, the language barrier got to me so i probably won't continue.

Im still playing it and its fantastic

That said I understand the language barrier issue though its a very small hurdle. I am missing out on the story though so i hope it gets a global version

If you have any questions about how things work or what does what im happy to help. Also there is a wiki available thats pretty easy to read running google translate on the website

kamigame.jp

モンハンライダーズ攻略ガイド【MHR】 - 神ゲー攻略

モンハンライダーズ(MHR)の攻略 ガイドでは、リセマラや最強キャラを紹介。高難度(決戦/上級)攻略やキャラの評価、オトモン評価、初心者序盤の攻略を含めたイベントクエスト攻略などを掲載。モンハンライダーズ攻略の参考にどうぞ。

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
7DS looks great but I have no time for another game. I'm not close to stopping e7 or Arknights so I dunno.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I was already playing 7DS JP so I just uninstalled it to play global instead (my account was very behind so it's a good way to start over and catch up )