• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
In Magireco, managed to get lucky and pick up a second Ultimate Madoka copy without blowing too many resources on it, and I think I'll stop there to save the rest for Cool Homura and the dual Iroha/Yachiyo unit. Even just one slot would probably have been fine for single-player content, but two should give me more breathing room. (It also has the unfortunate side effect of making my one-slot Darc less effective in comparison, though.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Magireco: I just rolled Kanagi in one ticket after spending hundreds of rolls on Madokami and not getting her.

Honestly I kinda wanted Kanagi more anyway, since she's one of my favorites of the new cast and getting a support UltMadoka is really easy.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_20200309-201920_MH-R.jpg

Awww Yeah all Trials complete!

Guys this past couple weeks with Monster Hunter Riders has been awesome and there is a nice hefty update on the way this week apparently

Easily one of the best Gachas and mobile games I have played. REALLY hope they consider localizing it but I haven't minded playing in Japanese at all so far

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't really understand how I'm supposed to get a lot of shop currency for Magireco events, but at least auto really does help for this sort of thing.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Magireco: I just rolled Kanagi in one ticket after spending hundreds of rolls on Madokami and not getting her.

Honestly I kinda wanted Kanagi more anyway, since she's one of my favorites of the new cast and getting a support UltMadoka is really easy.
The RNGoddess gives, and taketh away. Congrats!

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
I started playing seven deadly sins. It's actually pretty good and might push dragalia out of the games i play daily.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
One Piece Bon Bon got 1.10 update, it had around 7h maintenance (whilst last week had 1h mt). Qooapp has the apk if someone wants to play the game, its similar to Candy Crush Sagas.

I think game is still in Soft Launch, since nothing new was added, except some bug fixes (no mentions what). Noticed for example that having friends gave gems via "Have xx friends" mission gives now mission gems. I have 29 friends (not all are active) and I got from 25 friends 1500 gems, one multi is at the moment 1000 gems. Not that Im pulling, got over 10k gems saved for BonBon fest character. That most likely happens when game comes off from soft launch.

So my daily doing in OPBB is about log in, send stamina to friends and maybe do one battle and use friend to get 25 gems from daily mission. Waiting the release and the events, cause at the moment beside story (142 levels) there aint much to do. Been slowly clearing Hard story but eh, the grind waits in events.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
mobile.capcom.com

モンスターハンター ライダーズ【MH-R】 公式プロモーションサイト:2020年3月18日(水)アップデート「闘技大会」開幕!

初アップデート「闘技大会」開幕!フェルジア大陸中の猛者よ、ヴァルクス闘技場へ集え!

Some big updates coming for Monster Hunter Riders.

- Full Dev Roadmap detailed on March 18th

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

- PvE Arena March 18th

- May has decorations update. Seem to be some sort of craftable equipment that will modify stats and even have abilities (like the main series)

- June comes with another type of Arena which will use "Restrictions" or basically have conditions (certain team members or monsters etc) which I presume promotes maintaining a diverse team of available units at all rarities

More reveals coming on the 18th which I hope include previews of the next batch or trials, monsters, and riders

Amazing game so far and I couldn't be more pleased with it.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
One Piece Bon Bon got 1.10 update, it had around 7h maintenance (whilst last week had 1h mt). Qooapp has the apk if someone wants to play the game, its similar to Candy Crush Sagas.

I think game is still in Soft Launch, since nothing new was added, except some bug fixes (no mentions what). Noticed for example that having friends gave gems via "Have xx friends" mission gives now mission gems. I have 29 friends (not all are active) and I got from 25 friends 1500 gems, one multi is at the moment 1000 gems. Not that Im pulling, got over 10k gems saved for BonBon fest character. That most likely happens when game comes off from soft launch.

So my daily doing in OPBB is about log in, send stamina to friends and maybe do one battle and use friend to get 25 gems from daily mission. Waiting the release and the events, cause at the moment beside story (142 levels) there aint much to do. Been slowly clearing Hard story but eh, the grind waits in events.
Yikes...sad display, even for a soft launch thats pathetic. You usually wanna provide enough that people who try out the soft launch stick around and spread the love to hype up the actual release...bit this ? lol

Deleted it weeks ago but I still have my account data, for when they actually try to release the game.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Since Seven Deadly Sins has released (it delivered on the hype!), I guess the next gacha game for me (assuming nothing is surprise announced) is Tales of Crestoria. Please be a shared server...

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Since Seven Deadly Sins has released (it delivered on the hype!), I guess the next gacha game for me (assuming nothing is surprise announced) is Tales of Crestoria. Please be a shared server...

Yeah I just saw that game on the app store. I'm not into gatcha but that's the first one I've seen where the production values and possibly gameplay actually look like a console game. What's the grift here?

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I just saw that game on the app store. I'm not into gatcha but that's the first one I've seen where the production values and possibly gameplay actually look like a console game. What's the grift here?
The main problem with the game is Bamco probably shutting it down a year after release (that's why the hope for a global server)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It's basically a full-fledged game. Lots of strategy, a great story, and interesting mechanics. The only worry is Netmarble, but they've been handling their games a bit better recently so as long as they don't get too greedy, we should be okay.

It's definitely worth a try, especially if you love the IP.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
It's basically a full-fledged game. Lots of strategy, a great story, and interesting mechanics. The only worry is Netmarble, but they've been handling their games a bit better recently so as long as they don't get too greedy, we should be okay.

It's definitely worth a try, especially if you love the IP.

A while back I made a thread where I tried a few gatcha games like that Valkyrie Profile one and some other Japanese mythology-themed one. Tried to check out Dragalia but ran into a glitch. Maybe I should do it again sometime since that was all on my last phone which ran those games like shit. I'm particularly interested in Dragalia.

Generally though, they seemed like they might actually be decent games if they gave me the option to turn off all the gatcha shit for, I don't know, a one-time purchase of $30 or something.

I don't know when or if I'd be able to get into Seven Deadily Sins though. I actually bought a good chunk of the manga on a Humble Bundle and I think the anime is on Netflix or I at least got the first season for free on the Microsoft Store or somewhere, so there are ways I could take a look at it without spending any more money. I'm just kinda done with new Shounen battle epics.

It'd be great if there was a game adaptation of an anime/manga that actually worked as a legit way to experience the story by itself, independent of the source material.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'd say the most pragmatic way to "turn off" the gacha would be to either go through the game by minimizing the gacha's effect through prioritizing the free guaranteed units while not spending in-game currency at all, or to treat the game like a rogue-lite where you spend currency as soon as you get it, what you pull is what you work with, and never paying attention to rate-up/banner info nor even looking at stuff you don't own. That way the gacha doesn't affect you in the way it's meant to.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game is not a good way to experience the story. It's a good way to get you interested but lots of critically important stuff get's cut so you get that moment, so beloved of shitty Chinese webnovel manhua adaptions, were characters and events you've never seen are suddenly super important and appear from nowhere.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
One Piece Bon Bon Journey will have long ass maintenance soon.
Global release is coming, no clue if it is after maintenance or later day.

Screenshot_20200313-102550.png

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017

Some QOL changes coming with the next large update!

Increased Expedition rewards

Decrease Stamina cost on daily quests

Just a small preview of a much larger update coming on the 18th along with a full roadmap for the future.

MHR is best gacha

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I played MHR a bit. Enjoyed what I played but I just can't get over language barrier unless I know what I'm doing already (ie game is out on global as well). Hopefully that gets a global release

Enjoying SDS. Playing casually but realizing it's not practical in the long run. We'll see if it makes the cut but for now just hording and playing. Ridiculous amount of content in there and quality looks great

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I played MHR a bit. Enjoyed what I played but I just can't get over language barrier unless I know what I'm doing already (ie game is out on global as well). Hopefully that gets a global release

Enjoying SDS. Playing casually but realizing it's not practical in the long run. We'll see if it makes the cut but for now just hording and playing. Ridiculous amount of content in there and quality looks great

I use an on screen translator!

I mean i only just recently did this to catch up on the story but it works!

Otherwise the game was really enjoyable and easy to play and understand even without english but i did use various resources to help

https://kamigame.jp/mh-r/index.html like using google translate on this wiki

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
SDS is great, but it really feels like a full-time job. I want to keep playing i, but I kind of prefer gacha games that are a bit more casual like FGO, Magia Record, etc., where you can grind if you want to, but it's not really needed. I'll keep playing it since the game is top-tier in quality, but if Tales of Creatoria releases and turns out to be amazing, I might have to cut it from my schedule. I just won't have the time.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
SDS is great, but it really feels like a full-time job. I want to keep playing i, but I kind of prefer gacha games that are a bit more casual like FGO, Magia Record, etc., where you can grind if you want to, but it's not really needed. I'll keep playing it since the game is top-tier in quality, but if Tales of Creatoria releases and turns out to be amazing, I might have to cut it from my schedule. I just won't have the time.
But that's how 7DS is. If you try to min-max the stamina you're going to have a horrible time. Just set it to auto repeat grind whatever half stamina stage it is. Hell, you can leave it on for 8+ hours if you want. I left it on overnight and was only down like 4 potions. You'll burn through a couple of stamina pots, but it doesn't matter. Every 10 pull, you get 5+ potions. It's meant to be played like an MMO or similar game. It's like GBF, except without the pressure of guild wars. It's actually easier to climb in PVP the longer you wait, too.

I think Monday I didn't play at all except to login and do the easy dailies.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
But that's how 7DS is. If you try to min-max the stamina you're going to have a horrible time. Just set it to auto repeat grind whatever half stamina stage it is. Hell, you can leave it on for 8+ hours if you want. I left it on overnight and was only down like 4 potions. You'll burn through a couple of stamina pots, but it doesn't matter. Every 10 pull, you get 5+ potions. It's meant to be played like an MMO or similar game. It's like GBF, except without the pressure of guild wars. It's actually easier to climb in PVP the longer you wait, too.

I think Monday I didn't play at all except to login and do the easy dailies.
Yeah, I might just stop trying to do everything and take it at a slower pace. I had a late start so I'm trying desperately to catch up, and with my limited time lately it hasn't been easy. I'm going to stop stressing it and see how it goes.

As for leaving it on for 8+ hours, I'm not sure my phone battery would like that, even with the power saving features built in-game. >_<

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I might just stop trying to do everything and take it at a slower pace. I had a late start so I'm trying desperately to catch up, and with my limited time lately it hasn't been easy. I'm going to stop stressing it and see how it goes.

As for leaving it on for 8+ hours, I'm not sure my phone battery would like that, even with the power saving features built in-game. >_<
Emulator, baby. Even if you don't actually play on an emulator, letting it run minimized for 8 hours is way easier on the ol' phone. And the account system makes it seamless. Don't even have to log in and out.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Minimized in Windows, I mean. Would be nice to background grind ala Brave Nine (Brown Dust), but alas that technology is beyond us.
Oh, shame. That would have been nice, haha.

Thanks for the advice. I'll dial things back a bit and enjoy things at my own pace. The game is so well-done, I'd hate to drop it just because I stressed myself out too much.

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
Just wanted to comment on 7DSGC about a couple of things. Since its global launch, it has been tormenting me but right now I am over it after researching it and asking here and there.

Phone Battery Drain?

While the specs of i.e Samsung Galaxy S10+ or Oneplus 7 pro are decent to provide a decent auto-night farming experience, please do not use your phone like this and fuck it up. No game is worth bricking your phone like that. Use an emulator like Bluestacks which apparently is the emulator with the least crushes but of course it varies from user to user.

How optimized is this game?

Well the GL is definitely not as optimized as the JP. Crashes, overheating, audio issue(s) are somewhat common in the GL version. If you are on your phone, put your graphics to medium when playing and low when farming with power-mode on. Also switching to mono sound settingd is something that some users have reported as a temporary fix. Overall and personally, I have had a much, much better experience with other high-demanding gachas so nothing ground breaking in that department.

What I can however comment on is that it is extremely streamed line.

Time commitment?

There is a perfect thread to answer that question over here. Whilst I would always pick i.e E7 animations over 7DSGC any day, overall it does things 1000 times better than E7. It is definitely the most complete gacha experience and I would argue about it all day long but still, unlimited stamina means unlimited stupidity as it will definitely shorten its lifespan with the average user that does not want to have a part-time job after he comes back from work.

Certainly, you can adjust your mindset and pick and choose what to do but I would not advise you to play it if you do not have the time and the resources behind it in the long run.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017

You're link is messed up.

In Root, just do this after logging in once:
1. Navigate to /data/data/com.linegames.exos/shared_prefs/
2. Open com.linegames.exos.v2.playerprefs.xml
3. Find the line <string name="TextLanguage">Korean</string>
4. Change it to <string name="TextLanguage">English</string>
5. Find the line <string name="Language">Korean</string>
6. Change it to <string name="Language">English</string>

Last edited:

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017

I will update this in a bit.

Wow this is pretty

This is a mobile gacha game??? I wonder if it will have controller support lol

Not sure about that.

Anyhow, some other interesting titles that are non-gacha are the following,

Marvel Future Revolution ("Open-world MMOrpg")
Disgaea 1 Complete (Retail price around $32)
Ragnarok M Comparison: Eternal Love vs First Love vs New Generation

Some other related gacha stuff,

FFBE War of the Visions - Top Launch UR Units
Blade X Lord (Much better gameplay)

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Yeah I got the GBF vibes from it so I dropped it. It was just ...too much.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017

Same here

I dont even like the anime much so that hurts it on top of it being WAY to involved. I mean I normally love that level of depth but the IP is kind of a turn off

Its very pretty and I am sure is very enjoyable as a main game for fans of it

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Same here

I dont even like the anime much so that hurts it on top of it being WAY to involved. I mean I normally love that level of depth but the IP is kind of a turn off

Its very pretty and I am sure is very enjoyable as a main game for fans of it
Yeah, it's unfortunate since I want to love the game as it's well-made, I just hate how it ties up my phone while it autobattles everything for my dailies/gear grind/etc. If I used an emulator on my PC it might be different, but since I don't it's way too much of a time-sink for me. I won't drop it yet, but I'm doubtful it'll remain among my daily routine despite the quality it offers.

Seven Deadly Sins really helped me to see how bad Epic Seven is atm.
Yeah, the difference in quality between the two is staggering. E7 still has the Yuna Engine and such, but that's about it.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the difference in quality between the two is staggering. E7 still has the Yuna Engine and such, but that's about it.

It's nice for once not to play a gacha that constantly punishes you for trying to gear your units. I also like the pricing and value of some of the packs compared to E7 which pretty much had awful value across the board asides from the monthly sub #1 and the rare seasonal 100€ packs

Also full AP potion? Check
Easy Access as f2p to said potions? Check
Devs listening to complains, fixing bad decisions in sub 1 week, doing monthly devs notes and streams? Check.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiosity, in what way?
The only things E7 has on 7DS that I think 99% of the people agree on is its engine and its RGB pity system for all banners. It's a wonderful engine that supports an absolutely stunning artstyle, and the pity system is frankly "too" generous, which is why they monetize the game in other ways (mostly stamina and mystics).

• 7DS lets you change gear without spending gold. And it has "sets" that you can easily swap between characters with a single button press.
  • 7DS lets you reroll gear substats very easily and cheaply. The highest tier requires a limited resource, but it is not difficult to come by once you hit end game.
  • 7DS doesn't have 15% RNG bullshit. Sorry, but that 15% means the game will never, ever be balanced. PVE is a nightmare and PVP is an exercise in frustration.
  • 7DS has developers who actually listen to criticism and respond. The most recent criticism was in regards to their changing the login/daily rewards and two days later they implemented changes to appease the playerbase.
  • 7DS has unlimited auto repeat, with stamina being very similar to GBF. Game just poops out stamina potions. Some may see this as a negative, but E7 is the same way in that you need to grind repeatedly, and since we're only comparing the two, this is a positive in its favor.
  • 7DS has packs that you don't feel bad buying. E7 had some pretty neat $29.99 packs, but for some reason, those just...vanished.
  • 7DS has a stream of PVE content, whereas E7 has had next to no content for 8 months. This has changed recently in favor of E7, but for E7 I want to see them make new challenging and engaging content, not content that was promised last year.

7DS has stats on cosmetics, but you are limited to five slots, and you can very easily get equivalent stat gear simply by promoting the units. I honestly don't know why they have stats. Seems like maybe they thought about making it P2W and then backtracked, but left them in. It's an odd thing to see.

The only reason to compare the two is because they are INCREDIBLY similar, outside of the combat which is psuedo-card-turn-based in 7DS and turn-based in E7. Never understood why people compared DL and E7, but here the games are cut from very similar cloths. You farm gear then level gear with RNG substats while farming catalyst-like materials to promote and awaken your units.

Note: This is only comparing the systems. Things like art, story, gameplay, etc are all subjective. And you are in no way wrong for liking one thing over another. Go for it. But after seeing the 1:1 systems in both games, E7 is just embarrassing. And for me, personally, the systems are why I play gacha games.

Last edited:

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The only things E7 has on 7DS that I think 99% of the people agree on is its engine and its RGB pity system for all banners. It's a wonderful engine that supports an absolutely stunning artstyle, and the pity system is frankly "too" generous, which is why they monetize the game in other ways (mostly stamina and mystics).

• 7DS lets you change gear without spending gold. And it has "sets" that you can easily swap between characters with a single button press.
  • 7DS lets you reroll gear substats very easily and cheaply. The highest tier requires a limited resource, but it is not difficult to come by once you hit end game.
  • 7DS doesn't have 15% RNG bullshit. Sorry, but that 15% means the game will never, ever be balanced. PVE is a nightmare and PVP is an exercise in frustration.
  • 7DS has developers who actually listen to criticism and respond. The most recent criticism was in regards to their changing the login/daily rewards and two days later they implemented changes to appease the playerbase.
  • 7DS has unlimited auto repeat, with stamina being very similar to GBF. Game just poops out stamina potions. Some may see this as a negative, but E7 is the same way in that you need to grind repeatedly, and since we're only comparing the two, this is a positive in its favor.
  • 7DS has packs that you don't feel bad buying. E7 had some pretty neat $29.99 packs, but for some reason, those just...vanished.
  • 7DS has a stream of PVE content, whereas E7 has had next to no content for 8 months. This has changed recently in favor of E7, but for E7 I want to see them make new challenging and engaging content, not content that was promised last year.

7DS has stats on cosmetics, but you are limited to five slots, and you can very easily get equivalent stat gear simply by promoting the units. I honestly don't know why they have stats. Seems like maybe they thought about making it P2W and then backtracked, but left them in. It's an odd thing to see.

The only reason to compare the two is because they are INCREDIBLY similar, outside of the combat which is psuedo-card-turn-based in 7DS and turn-based in E7. Never understood why people compared DL and E7, but here the games are cut from very similar cloths. You farm gear then level gear with RNG substats while farming catalyst-like materials to promote and awaken your units.

Note: This is only comparing the systems. Things like art, story, gameplay, etc are all subjective. And you are in no way wrong for liking one thing over another. Go for it. But after seeing the 1:1 systems in both games, E7 is just embarrassing. And for me, personally, the systems are why I play gacha games.

There are definitely some things that e7 could do better, and I hope they steal some ideas from 7DS. But there's some stuff on your list that I don't agree with. For one, I think the e7 devs have been pretty amazing at listening to the fan base. Pity on every unit, nerfed MLs, easy way to get catalysts, multiple mola cuts and refunds, removing mola costs from 3 stars, buffing a bunch of units, fixed pet system (which was shit to begin with - but they listened). Yeah gold sinks still suck and I could do with an improved energy system (though the increased energy from the web games helps). But overall, I think the devs are doing a pretty good job.

The biggest issue with e7 is lack of meaningful pve content. I've about given up on the devs in this regard :/

With 7DS, no pity on every banner is a pretty enormous negative. I've been playing Arknights, and doing a ton of pulls without getting the banner unit blows. Not much to be said about stats on cosmetics. It's been a big gacha no no for a long time and is one of the most predatory practices imo. And color swapped palette characters is pretty lame. It's why I quit Dokkan. The character design and art of e7 is second to none imo.

If 7DS was a bit less time consuming I'd definitely play it. It is top class in many ways.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
For e7, I don't know about "listening to the fan base." A lot of the touted improvements stem from the same problem they've been repeatedly bad at actually solving.

Multiple mola cost reductions, catalyst Improvement, and removing costs from 3-stars meant the requirements to upgrade in general were terrible at launch. They loosened it a bit, it's still terrible, they loosened it a bit more, still terrible, loosened it more, still bad, remove it from 3-stars, still not great but getting better. Taking over a year to address a problem doesn't seem like a great turnover time.

Same with pets. They were teased as a way to help auto-ing (auto-repeat and not needing to actively click the chests) that was complained about since launch. It was introduced nearly one year after the initial reveal. It was really terrible at launch, and took several months to get to a decent place. Again, over a year to solve issues with the game since launch.

The pity on banners, buffs on bad units, and willingness to nerf are legitimately good things, so props for those. However, I don't agree with the notion that the e7 devs are particularly good. Many of their fixes either are a half-measure that comes with caveats or just flat out don't help, and both take ages to roll out. Not even mentioning the gold/stamina issues that still exist, and have existed since launch, as well as the content issue.

This is from someone who started in the middle of the GG collab and played casually daily. I gave up right before the pets got fixed, because Arknights came out and takes up that free time now, since e7 doesn't look like it's changing direction anytime soon.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Epic Seven has only been improving in the last few months, if you won't/can't see that because you're playing SDS and/or Arknights or its too little too late... it is what it is... they should've been doing what they've been doing for the last couple of months 6-8 months ago...

I honestly don't know what goes through the minds of Smilegate, outside of the recent Limited into Kawerik banners they don't even try and push banners aggressively and 90% of new banner units are average... it's like pull on this unit now because they might be busted in six months time....

And then they try and monetize things they really shouldn't be and eventually have to walk that back.

They look like releasing their first "strong" character in over half a year next week but a lot of people are just waiting on shadow nerfs before release lol.

As for SDS, best example of their devs compared to E7.... they used to charge gold to change equipment around, they removed that in the first month.

SDS banner units with no pity and abyssal rate up percents is a negative... but if you look at the entire picture as a whole and include the coin shop than SDS has the best gatcha system of all the big names.

Imagine pulled 5 dupes in a row of mediocre 5 stars in a Dragalia Lost Gala banner and instead of adding 40k Eldwater to your massive stockpile already you can just go and hand in those 5 dupe units for the strongest characters in the game.

And just to add they also do have step up banners for original characters which is 10 multis for 242 diamonds with a guaranteed SSR included on step 5 and the main banner unit being given after step 10.

Also sure you can play SDS like GBF but when the main source of free gems is ungeared PvP (60 diamonds or two Multis a week)... that's on you if you want to max every character in the game.

You have access to the jp/kr pve and PvP meta for the next 8 months of content, you can focus on only the essential characters without the need to play 24/7 on an emulator.