• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, since everyone who plays GBF moves to Azur Lane, does that mean once I decide to actually play GBF for another month I will be alone? :(

Also, does Azure Lane have english language yet? Or japanese only so far?
Granblue is still popular don't get me wrong, it's not dieing anytime soon. It's just been bland at the moment with its content and people just need another game to play. Azur Lane doesn't have English in it except the main menu and it was recently released for the Japanese market, it was a Chinese game at first that released a few months ago or maybe a year.

Last edited:

Aytrial

Oct 25, 2017
Perth, Australia
So, since everyone who plays GBF moves to Azur Lane, does that mean once I decide to actually play GBF for another month I will be alone? :(

Also, does Azure Lane have english language yet? Or japanese only so far?

There's not a lot happening in GBF right now, which is why people are exploring other mobages to pass the time. Things will get lively again during the upcoming Unite and Fight, and Arcarum (provided it's actually interesting content).

Azur Lane doesn't have an English option, but there's barely any language barrier outside of understanding equipment stats and ship skills, and there are a lot of English guides to help out with that.

Azusa

Oct 25, 2017
Japanese only but the only text you will see is ship names, ship stats and equipment stats. Like the data you can lookup on wiki. Also in ship details you can see ship name on English too. Most buttons have English text too. It's very easy to understand ui.

it was a Korean game at first that released a few months ago or maybe a year.

You mean Chinese.

BigE

Oct 25, 2017
Constant server errors, now error popups say it's maintenance. Apolodiamonds where!

At least I got the new SSR from the gacha I guess, now I'd be farming the other one from the event show if the server wasn't constantly going down constantly now (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

KenjiGlove

Oct 25, 2017
Is this first gameplay video of SMT game ?

There was also a bit on TGS a few weeks back if you want to see more.

I really really want to like Terra Battle 2, but the world map movement is just so terrible that it kills the game for me

I dislike that they didn't release the story in one go. OG Terra Battle started out with 30 chapters at launch which is better because it gave you a clear goal. Besides that, the time-gates of both the limited availability of EXP Metal Zones and stamina costs resulted in the game keeping me interested for a few weeks.

On TB2 Launch, I could catch up with the story within a day because there's no real time-gate. Afterwards, you can only grind which made all my characters way too strong for the newer chapters. There's always the sync mode but that defeats the purpose of metal zones so there was no compelling reason for me to log-in daily.

I think I'll wait it out for the time being. After all the story is released I might go back and play it all. I did really like what little there was. Super surprised by the way the managed to combine the atmosphere of the first game with a meatier story.

Last edited:

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
I really really want to like Terra Battle 2, but the world map movement is just so terrible that it kills the game for me
It's better than it was at launch, but still has major issues.
I've uninstalled the game for now. Launch was too much of a disaster.

I think I'll just wait for 30-something (or maybe all 50) chapters to be released, then just enjoy binging the entire story.

Muu

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone here try/currently play Seventh Rebirth? Believe I tried it the first day of release, and didn't make it past the intro. Hiromichi Tanaka is supposedly leading the project so I was expecting greatness (or at least something worthwhile) but didn't feel it.

OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone here try/currently play Seventh Rebirth? Believe I tried it the first day of release, and didn't make it past the intro. Hiromichi Tanaka is supposedly leading the project so I was expecting greatness (or at least something worthwhile) but didn't feel it.
I played the game when it was released and stayed for about a week before deleting it. The game doesn't get remotely better at all, it was a disappointment even though they had Hiromichi and Yasunori in their development team. The game is almost reaching their 1st anniversary, to celebrate that they're collaborating with Final Fantasy 11.

If your interested in giving the game another try, just keep in mind that the battle system hasn't changed/improved.

Last edited:

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Having played Azur Lane for 2 weeks now, I don't think I could ever go back to Kancolle, though its already been almost a year since I quit anyway. Events in Kancolle are some of the most infuriating, unfair things I've experienced in a game. Only being allowed to use certain ships on a map, having 4+ separate shiplocks, forcing you to have dozens of lvl 70+ ships. Having to grind a map for hours on end, sometimes under specific circumstances to get the drop you want; lets also not forget having a preboss node full of boss level enemies, any one of which can one-shot your ships and force you to retreat, leaving every sortie to RNG. Compared to that, I can use whatever ships I want, and it doesn't feel as frustrating having lower level ships. Being able to get rare ships in the gatcha is also a plus and I already have all but one of the event drops after a single day. I can see myself playing AL for a while, and can see Kancolle start to sink due to the publisher being a nightmare.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017

I dislike that they didn't release the story in one go. OG Terra Battle started out with 30 chapters at launch which is better because it gave you a clear goal. Besides that, the time-gates of both the limited availability of EXP Metal Zones and stamina costs resulted in the game keeping me interested for a few weeks.

On TB2 Launch, I could catch up with the story within a day because there's no real time-gate. Afterwards, you can only grind which made all my characters way too strong for the newer chapters. There's always the sync mode but that defeats the purpose of metal zones so there was no compelling reason for me to log-in daily.

I think I'll wait it out for the time being. After all the story is released I might go back and play it all. I did really like what little there was. Super surprised by the way the managed to combine the atmosphere of the first game with a meatier story.

It's better than it was at launch, but still has major issues.
I've uninstalled the game for now. Launch was too much of a disaster.

I think I'll just wait for 30-something (or maybe all 50) chapters to be released, then just enjoy binging the entire story.

Yeah, it makes me sad. I was a big fan of TB1. TB2 in a lot of respects, feels like not a step backwards from the previous title but just in general, like no lessons were actually learned from the past iteration or like Terra Battle 1 never happened. It needs the FFXIV Reborn treatment, though I feel the ship has already sailed...

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Yeah, it makes me sad. I was a big fan of TB1. TB2 in a lot of respects, feels like not a step backwards from the previous title but just in general, like no lessons were actually learned from the past iteration. It needs the FFXIV Reborn treatment, though I feel the ship has already sailed...

I think that's a really good way to put it. They tried to be too ambitious but went backwards in too many ways

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
Only being allowed to use certain ships on a map
you'll need specific ship class anyway for hard mode in azur lane
Having to grind a map for hours on end, sometimes under specific circumstances to get the drop you want
same thing in azur lane. and oh right equipment too. i don't remember being under specific circumstances is needed to get any of the drop, unless you're either referring to s rank or hard limit for certain ship *cough*prinz*cough*
having 4+ separate shiplocks
there's a reason why easy mode exist

edit: i;m just saying that azur lane still shares some of the negative part of kancolle that ppl somehow pretend it doesn't exist. talking about using whatever ship that you want, i can't use single or full dd in a fleet in azur lane :v

Last edited:

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
you'll need specific ship class anyway for hard mode in azur lane

same thing in azur lane. and oh right equipment too. i don't remember being under specific circumstances is needed to get any of the drop, unless you're either referring to s rank or hard limit for certain ship *cough*prinz*cough*

there's a reason why easy mode exist

edit: i;m just saying that azur lane still shares some of the negative part of kancolle that ppl somehow pretend it doesn't exist. talking about using whatever ship that you want, i can't use single or full dd in a fleet in azur lane :v

I mean obviously there are restrictions, I'm more referring to things like being able to use all DD or CL if you want for the scout without worry of being allowed to even start the map, or go off course. Stuff like not being allowed to use CLT (Kitakami/Ooi) on certain maps because preemptive torpedoes would make it too easy for you.

Hard mode is a different story and I agree that its kind of lame. As for the specific circumstances, a few events ago I wanted to farm Prinz however she only dropped on certain formations. That formation appeared every time until you beat the boss, then it appears at random, so if you wanted to farm effectively you had to not beat the map and use your resources on that first, otherwise you were stuck waiting until that one specific formation showed up, meanwhile you're eating resources. I learned that the hard way.

As for ship locking, it still locks your ships, so if you decide you see a reward you like on medium/hard, now you're screwed and have to manage your ships or just forget about it. One thing I'll miss though is getting specific rewards like equipment or ships for clearing a map, gave a sense of accomplishment when you cleared something ridiculous like Anti-Air Hime.

tx2005

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is the community favorite in the genre? I wouldn't mind having a go to mobile game to play every day but I also don't really want feel like I'm going to end up having to pay tons of money for gacha draws to get anywhere. I don't mind dropping a little money on a mobile game, but well within limits.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know about other games, but Aikatsu Photo on Stage is absolutely the best rhythm game you can play. Its super fun, but unlike something like Love LIve, there is no translations so you have to really like Aikatsu characters and songs, which I do.

OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CBT for Square Enix new game started today, Battle of Blades. Looks fun I guess, not a fan of the MOBA genre though.

OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Girls Frontline is actually a Chinese game as well. Been playing on Traditional Chinese server before they launched Korea server.
Well, learned something new today. I should make a Chinese App Store account, sounds like there's a lot of mobile games I'm not aware about.

Other news, they just release a SMT Dx2 database app looks like the game might be releasing quite soon.

Mashy

Oct 28, 2017
The Granblue situation is actually interesting. Its still definitely popular but it has seriously become bland in the last few months. While I am waiting on more interesting content, ive been playing Tagatame. Too bad I didnt start sooner. The previous collabs were legit. FMA right not is great too!

Aytrial

Oct 25, 2017
Perth, Australia
Granblue's biggest problem is that for all of the cues from MMOs, cygames are unwilling or simply can't do the same type of "resets" that MMOs do with their expansions.

The sense of progression is what made my first few months of Granblue a real blast, but things have gotten extremely stale as I've never needed to farm extensively when new weapons have been introduced. At best, you've only needed to adjust your grid rather than refarm a new one or, in the case of many weapons, you can ignore them completely!

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
GBF was fun early on, but it's too bloated now.
Trying to catch-up is near impossible, unless you go beyond dedication.

It's still in my top 3 for current best "mobage" (although more browser-based) in terms of art and content.

bjork

Oct 27, 2017
Still over here plugging away at Crows X Worst Dynamite. I'm honestly not sure how it has an active player base since the "new" content is just a few characters here and there, but I'm glad it's still around. Fiddling with Animal Crossing as well, but I'll restart once the US version releases, so I can link my account to it. Haven't found much new stuff I've wanted to try, and I don't know how to view top-grossing apps on the new app store, which is how I used to see what was currently booming. Still totally digging mobile as a viable platform, though.

writerblue

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully the Alchemist Code releases soon, I watched a few gameplay videos and it looks pretty fun.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
ArcheAge Begins is really good. I'm shocked how much I like it.

The gacha is cool. You either get 'shards' and once you get enough you unlock a hero (common in Korean gacha) but you also have a 10% chance to get a class scroll, which allows you to unlock any hero within that class instantly. So if you get a scroll, it's like those paid once-a-year pick-your-hero bundles in GBF, but it's just in the gacha.

The gameplay is auto attack plus skills. But unlike some other auto battlers, there are a ton of boss fights that require specific tactics. Some have super powerful attacks that you have to CC. Some will deal devastating AoE attacks unless you taunt. Some require you to pop your ultimate AoE heal at the right time to survive. Some bosses will have disadvantages against certain classes. You will lose if you autobattle.

In addition, there's a multiplayer raid system that is just like MMO raiding, with free movement and more complicated tactics like destroying healing turrets, dodging red areas, running to specific areas, and so on.

I dunno. I'm s pretty great.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Stand alone. Just shares some of the themes like logging and there's farming and fishing.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So does anyone know when we are actually going to have a global release for Alchemist Code?
Pre-registration for the Global versions lasts until November 14th, and the current banner lasts until around that time too. I would estimate the game to release within a few days time-frame of that, barring any other delays. This is Gumi, anything is possible.

I'll still play the game but I'd be lying if I said my hype hasn't died considerably. It's just been too long of a wait between soft-launch and official release, and the constant teases on Facebook hasn't helped things.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
So does anyone know when we are actually going to have a global release for Alchemist Code?

Hopefully the Alchemist Code releases soon, I watched a few gameplay videos and it looks pretty fun.

All we know is that the release date of the Global version is getting "closer". Should be out within a month or less.

Pre-registration for the Global versions lasts until November 14th, and the current banner lasts until around that time too. I would estimate the game to release within a few days time-frame of that, barring any other delays. This is Gumi, anything is possible.

I'll still play the game but I'd be lying if I said my hype hasn't died considerably. It's just been too long of a wait between soft-launch and official release, and the constant teases on Facebook hasn't helped things.

Going to make OT when ever it is released. I hope it will be global in 3 weeks time or less.

OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Playing Azur lane lately, quite a fun game! I can see the appeal of it, hope they add more features in the game especially with the current clan system.

Hisui

Oct 25, 2017
Kure redeemed with the exchangeable Hood. The plague of 3d5 is over. Burn them ships for medals.

Muu

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I played the game when it was released and stayed for about a week before deleting it. The game doesn't get remotely better at all, it was a disappointment even though they had Hiromichi and Yasunori in their development team. The game is almost reaching their 1st anniversary, to celebrate that they're collaborating with Final Fantasy 11.

If your interested in giving the game another try, just keep in mind that the battle system hasn't changed/improved.

That's too bad. I saw it pop up and figured my old FF11 friends who were shoulder deep into GBF would give it a try but that was beyond being hopeful.

BigE

Oct 25, 2017
upgradezyds8k.jpg

Oh right that was added in the latest update, now Portland remodel when!

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
I really need a new gacha game to whale on. TB2 I don't feel is gonna go the distance, which is mildly annoying since I already dumped $200 on it.

Looking forward to Final Fantasy Dimensions II and Alchemist Code, but I'm cautiously pessimistic about TAC given that it's a Gumi game

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really need a new gacha game to whale on. TB2 I don't feel is gonna go the distance, which is mildly annoying since I already dumped $200 on it.

Looking forward to Final Fantasy Dimensions II and Alchemist Code, but I'm cautiously pessimistic about TAC given that it's a Gumi game
What's wrong with Gumi? I'm not hugely familiar with them.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
What's wrong with Gumi? I'm not hugely familiar with them.

Their gachas tend to have the absolute worst rates imaginable. See: Brave Frontier and FF: Brave Exvius, where you could literally, not even exaggerating, spend $300-$400 and get nothing of value.

They also almost always have an arena mode which is incredibly boring, as it's literally nothing more than "spend 1 stamina to let the game play by itself for 3 minutes. Do this 20,000+ times and eventually you might get high enough to get a really powerful one-of-a-kind reward, but anything less and the rewards will be completely useless."

They also consist of sometimes unimaginably strange design decisions. In FF:BE the best way to progress was literally by not playing the game, a contradiction if I've ever seen one. By repeating a 1 stamina dungeon over and over you could grind points on your characters which eventually unlocked extremely powerful weapons. But it could be macro'ed using an android emulator so the best way to progress was literally just to let this macro run... forever. Every stamina you spent actually doing an event or quest was sub-optimal from a minmaxing standpoint

Oct 25, 2017
Their gachas tend to have the absolute worst rates imaginable. See: Brave Frontier and FF: Brave Exvius, where you could literally, not even exaggerating, spend $300-$400 and get nothing of value.

They also almost always have an arena mode which is incredibly boring, as it's literally nothing more than "spend 1 stamina to let the game play by itself for 3 minutes. Do this 20,000+ times and eventually you might get high enough to get a really powerful one-of-a-kind reward, but anything less and the rewards will be completely useless."

They also consist of sometimes unimaginably strange design decisions. In FF:BE the best way to progress was literally by not playing the game, a contradiction if I've ever seen one. By repeating a 1 stamina dungeon over and over you could grind points on your characters which eventually unlocked extremely powerful weapons. But it could be macro'ed using an android emulator so the best way to progress was literally just to let this macro run... forever. Every stamina you spent actually doing an event or quest was sub-optimal from a minmaxing standpoint

BF rates were decent. Rarity didn't affect rates. Rate up units were like 6%. They also had tons of good value summon ticket bundles.

Don't think I've spent more than $50 per unit.

Heard ffbe was way worse though. Global still don't have the rate changes jp got.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, finally got around to joining the great Migration. This was one of the only threads I followed on a regular basis so I'm glad it was able to keep going.

Currently still plugging away at Dragon Project which really has become one of my favorite mobile games. At first I was concerned because the pull rate for SS monsters is pretty low but I'm learning that there is actually a lot of value in many of the A-S gear aswell which helps take the salt away somewhat. Devs are also really generous with ticket codes to use for pulls.

The other game I'm spending my time with until some other games make their way to the US store is Archage Begins. As has been said above I really like how when you do summons you get tickets that let you pick the heroes you want. It can be pretty important to look at the skills of the characters because sometimes a single character choice can make a boss really easy or much harder but it's fun and really polished. I haven't had any major issues with gamevile supporting the games I've played from them so I'm not too concerned about the longevity of this one.

Looking at pre launch me it seems like there are quite a few gacha games on the way in the next month or two.

KenjiGlove

Oct 25, 2017
I really appreciate that you're keeping the OT updated OP, keep it up!

are you on the discord?

The Discord is in a rather odd spot IMO. It was made primarily as a place for users until another site popped up. However, ERA (and this thread) were created so fast that all of that wasn't really needed.

It'd be nice to chat a bit about it's future. At any rate, we should probably decide whether or not a link to the server should be placed in this OT