• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
azure lane just black screens on my pixel 2 xl lol. wonder if its due to oreo?

Also is there a way to stop qooapp from always running?

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I just learned that the +Gold/+EXP effects of the costumes in King's Raid stack, even if you don't wear them or don't use the character. You just have to own the costume.

Seems I have to buy 2-3 tomorrow. I have nearly 7k rubies at the moment. Too bad I missed the discounted Halloween Frey costume, it looks so much better than her default, summer and school outfit.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally had my my gacha luck see an upswing in Bleach Brave Souls, after months of dupes and one new unit I got two of the new banner units and Nanano (who is new to me) in my first 15 or so pulls. Should have stopped there as the next 15 were garbage (and still not a single 5* Kenpaichi). Still, finally some new units to mess around with is nice. The games big flaw for me is how dependent it is on the gacha for progress. I sort of prefer games like GBF, Digimon, etc. where you can at least see some progress by just grinding away.

Foly

Oct 29, 2017
Hi everyone! Long time lurker of this amazing thread, decided to come out for this new ERA :). Puzzle Dragons has been my main gacha game, but I've sampled a few over the years. I tend to like them having some sort of gameplay mechanic, so that I don't feel it is pure gacha numbers preventing me to progress. I'm also using JP Gacha games as a motivation to persevere in my Japanese, and I'm almost at the level when things make sense :).
In the last month I started playing Puyoque (Puyopuyo quest), and I'm enjoying it a lot. The art style is adorable, and the mechanics are different enough from Puzzle Dragons to catch my attention. Has anyone here given a chance to that one? Right now they have a campaign that allows you to select a 6* card, making it WAY SMOOTHER, because Gacha rates seems to be poor after 3 10 rolls...

Laice

Oct 27, 2017
I really appreciate that you're keeping the OT updated OP, keep it up!

The Discord is in a rather odd spot IMO. It was made primarily as a place for users until another site popped up. However, ERA (and this thread) were created so fast that all of that wasn't really needed.

It'd be nice to chat a bit about it's future. At any rate, we should probably decide whether or not a link to the server should be placed in this OT
i meant the CF discord. Should have said so i guess

Oct 25, 2017
Tried azure lane. Tutorial was interesting. Wish my phone wasn't vibrating the whole time though. I assume you can turn off?

Would dig a localized version if that ever happens.

Hubb

Oct 27, 2017
So Honkai Impact 3's SEA server is opening Tonight/Tomorrow. Any hype/worth checking out?

OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So Honkai Impact 3's SEA server is opening Tonight/Tomorrow. Any hype/worth checking out?
Game reminds me a lot of Bayonetta in terms of gameplay. When you dodge an enemy attack, time slows down for a few seconds allowing you to unleash devastating attacks. The game is starts pretty slow in the beginning, but it starts to pick up and become really fun especially doing co-op battles with others which might be an available feature later on. Game is graphic heavy, so if you have a low-performance phone I wouldn't recommend playing it.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
In 2 weeks? Ugh. I am not sure I am even going to bother with playing at that point. My hype has completely died.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. I'll play it. Been needing another gacha game to compliment FGO.

Was thinking about waiting for Danmachi, but the gameplay looks pretty boring.

Last edited:

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
So is Final Fantasy Dimensions II not a gacha game? I was under the impression it was, because it's listed in the OP, but I just checked on the app store and it's $15 and says nothing about having IAP. If it's just a shitty FF1 clone with no gacha elements then I'm proabbly not interested.

Oct 25, 2017
So is Final Fantasy Dimensions II not a gacha game? I was under the impression it was, because it's listed in the OP, but I just checked on the app store and it's $15 and says nothing about having IAP. If it's just a shitty FF1 clone with no gacha elements then I'm proabbly not interested.
It apparently used to be one when it came out in Japan in 2015.now that service has ended, they basically retuned it for a premium single purchase release lol.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually getting excited for AC. FEH didn't quite scratch the mobile sRPG itch for me, and all the others are dedgaems.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
why

why do you do this to me
He ain't lying, though. It's best to set your expectations for the localization to be really low, that way you (probably) won't be disappointed. Given my past with Gumi they don't exactly inspire much confidence in me, but I am interested in playing Alchemist's Code regardless. I just hope this doesn't become another Chain Chronicle situation...

Foly

Oct 29, 2017
I've seen some videos of Azure Lane, but the combat seems to be with auto aim? How much of moving/dodging is there compared to shmups? I player for some months Gomaotsu which had great gameplay, but it was alwys the same, and the fanservice not really my cup of tea... I would love to find something similar.

OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
Good evening all.

I am currently compiling a list of Android games (heavily Asian-based) that peek my interest now and again that also include TCG/Gacha
among other genres. Feel free to have a look at it now and again as I keep on updating it (Please PM me if you have any questions/corrections so we do not derail the thread from its original genre discussion).

As for myself, I am currently playing Granblue Fantasy (I highly recommend itsReddit Discord since it has extremely helpful and responsive players overall, particularly on Newbie_School) casually and until now it is the most welcoming gacha for F2P players featuring plenty of great & fun mechanics to catch up (i.e you can event reset your different stamina points when depleted by posting a tweet every single day).

I have to say that it is an overwhelming game both in mechanics and content.

Apart from that, my most anticipated gacha game isYakuza Online and as a bonus Blade & Soul 2 (though it is not confirmed whether it will be a gacha or an MORPG). Another gacha game to be aware of is Granatha Eternal. Lastly, my favorite thus far has been Kai-ri-sei Arthur Million (R.I.P).

PS: I regret not being able to play Devil Maker Tokyo when it was still alive.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
wonder if they will make alchemy code not look and run like doodoo on android, unless that was fixed?

Does it run that bad in japan?

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
[02.11.2017] 1.0

News

Nexon confirms global release schedule for Overhit.

Remember that cool Unreal Engine 4 mobile game by Nexon? Yes Overhit is now confirmed by Nexon of its release next year! It was announced during their joint media conference in South Korea with developer NAT Games and publisher Nexon. They have also provided more details on their latest game, Overhit, with a mention that they are working on a lower-requirement version of the game for older mobile phones. Good news for those who are not changing their phones anytime soon!

If you've missed it, they have launched a limited beta test back in October. You'd have experienced the beautiful graphics and stylish skill effects of the game if you've managed to join their limited beta test. With over 127 collectible characters, the new mobile action RPG is a turn-based RPG compared to their previous RPG Heroes of Incredible Tales (HIT). There will also be PvP modes and a real-time battle as well for those who seek a challenge.

Overhit will launch in Korea on 28 November then available in Japan during early 2018. Can't wait to see the game live!

Destiny's Child pre-registrations in Japan surpasses the Korean version.
Today (2nd November), STAIRS, the Japanese publisher of Korean mobile RPG Destiny Child (デスティニーチャイルド), has announced that the Japanese version of Destiny Child has passed the pre-registered 1 million milestone, surpassing the Korean version which gathered 930 thousand pre-registerees.

In celebration of this great milestone, a new 1.5 million milestone has been added. If pre-registration reaches over 1.5 million, all players will be rewarded with a Davi Costume.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links hits 55 million downloads as Konami clears $1 billion in revenues
Previous number: The number of users for games across its portfolio continue to rise. Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links has now racked up 45 million downloads as of June 2017, up five million since April.

Current number: Duel Links has now reached 55 million downloads, up from 45 million in its last financials. The company also held an eSports tournament for the game in August 2017.

Games

Twilight Breaking Dawn [CN] Android Action-RPG (Indonesia) - Gameplay by Lein Xceed

PS: Number means that the version will be updated if further news and games are discovered within the current day.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Nice news writeup Mass_Authority! Can't believe DuelLinks has that many users. It's an enjoyable game even though I''m very F2P and casual towards it

OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do you need a vpn to play Dragon Quest Rivals? I can't get past the title screen.
According to the latest tweet, they're delaying the game release due to server overload. Could also be a vpn issue, but it's hard to tell at the moment with all the issues going on.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh they delayed the global launch for that insanely popular Chinese tencent mobile moba.

Was just in China last month and I saw so many ppl playing it in public.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I've played it. The reason it's so successful is because it controls shockingly well for a mobile MOBA. It just feels good. Dunno how much I want to play a MOBA on my phone, but for what it is, it's quite good.

OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That One piece game looks interesting, 4 vs 4? Hope it isn't a moba game.

If anyone looking forward to Dragon quest rivials, its confirmed to have ip block just like their other game, dragon quest stars. Well so much for that, don't want to go through the hassle using vpn.

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
all I want is atelier online, praying the gacha is a regular one unlike quest board, pulling costumes isn't as cool as pulling characters and I wish devs would understand this

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Saw this on the Facebook page. Is this shit for real?

23120219_10212957697151455_6262053255432001829_o.jpg

Is there seriously a $2,000 IAP in this game?

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Uh, if you go to the AC Facebook page the top post shows that it's 9000 for $99, with a once-a-month bonus of 4500 for 13500 total.

so then what is this? local currency as Stider suggests is one possible explanation, except that the promotion says 4500 + 13500, whereas this says 5000 + 8500. Although the total is the same, it looks like this is some kind of separate deal. Maybe it's still an exchange rate issue. Although the page with the $2000 price did not indicate that the number there was part of any kind of promotion

Stider

Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely local pricing. Not sure what it is in USD but the most expensive option for me is AUD $134.22(showing as 13500 gems with 1 time bonus)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Stick to the monthly bundles in AC, if you're going to spend. You don't get all of the gems at once, they're instead spread out over the month, but it's a much cheaper price. I wouldn't spend more than that, considering the prices of these other sets. Plus, this is Gumi. The game could be dead in six months, so try to limit yourself. :/

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I dont know what currency is that but on euros its (picture is from 2.10.2017 but prices are same at the moment):

Screenshot_20171002-091619.png

You get bonus gems from first buy. But yeah get that monthly package and nothing else.

Last edited:

Raika

Oct 27, 2017
What kind of gacha gates and rates are in ac? Can weaker units be promoted to high rank Ala alim games?

Gacha rates aren't as bad compared to notoriously bad ones like FFBE and FGO. Some of the top tier units are base 4* too, and they can be evolved to 5*. It's kinda funny how 2/4 of the base 5*s available right now are kinda bad in the long run lol.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Stick to the monthly bundles in AC, if you're going to spend. You don't get all of the gems at once, they're instead spread out over the month, but it's a much cheaper price. I wouldn't spend more than that, considering the prices of these other sets. Plus, this is Gumi. The game could be dead in six months, so try to limit yourself. :/
Jeez, what happened? Used to be excited, now every post about AC is 'dead game, bad'.

Game has a lot of Facebook likes, the preregistration campaign seems somewhat popular, the game is one of if not the best sRPG on mobile, and lately it's been doom and gloom for the game.