• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ended up on my 10th roll with no Ais. :(

Got 4th bond for Lefiya and one lovely Hephaistios support though.
All four guarantees were Lefiya? She's great, so you still did good, but that's some bad luck to not get a single copy of Ais. Congrats on that Hephaistios Assist, though. I have her as well, and she's great. She reduces damage on my party so much. Plus, that art. <3

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
Ive been playing Danmachi and been having a blast. With the current banner I ended up with +1 Ais and +3 Lefiya at 6 steps done. I could do 7 right now but I'm going to save for some limited units.

My only qualm is the new Ais is better than my current Amazon Ais who I 6*'d and I cant use both :(

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New banner tomorrow in DanMachi!

https://www.reddit.com/r/DanmachiMe...8berxa/40_step_gacha_banner_tomorrow_20_each/

Welp, all of those Iris. I probably won't bother, unless the characters/assists are really good.

Stats for the new characters are here https://www.reddit.com/r/DanmachiMe...ters_assists/dx5mb8f/?st=jfux1ju8&sh=34f8c95c Nothing particularly amazing, Ottarl is a decent support unit and might be good for PvP and Chigusa has probably the best group strength buff. Still, tempted to blow my Iris on the current banner to try and MLB Lefiya.

Joe Molotov

Oct 25, 2017
Stats for the new characters are here https://www.reddit.com/r/DanmachiMe...ters_assists/dx5mb8f/?st=jfux1ju8&sh=34f8c95c Nothing particularly amazing, Ottarl is a decent support unit and might be good for PvP and Chigusa has probably the best group strength buff. Still, tempted to blow my Iris on the current banner to try and MLB Lefiya.

Yeahhhhh, I went ahead and blew mine. I mean, is it really worth it to save your Iris for another banner just to get some different guaranteed 4* that aren't as good as these two and that you won't get enough of those to MLB either?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeahhhhh, I went ahead and blew mine. I mean, is it really worth it to save your Iris for another banner just to get some different guaranteed 4* that aren't as good as these two and that you won't get enough of those to MLB either?
For me, it's all about the guarantees. You'll always be able to farm LB materials over time (possibly some even given away during special occasions), but if you don't have the character to LB, there's nothing you can do. It's why I won't go beyond Step 10 in the current banner, despite me wanting to MLB both Ais and Lefiya. I'm only at +2 (thanks, luck!), so I'd likely need to pull A LOT to finish the job, and there's a good chance even if I spent everything, I'd fail. It's only a 2% chance to pull either of them, after all. If I were at +4 it'd probably be a different story, but since I'm not I'm going to decide against it.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone check out Chrono Magia? Is it like a Hearthstone or Shadowverse card game?
It's alright. VERY polished UI and super responsive. The card game itself is pretty barebones so far though. Set monster/s by spending mana so it is automatically summoned your next turn. Attack enemy monsters or the opponent directly. Occasional spells can be cast with leftover mana that buff your monster or do direct damage.
I didn't see much of a way to get premium currency to buy new cards and no events going on yet. Idk. It seemed super basic and I didn't see much of a reason to keep playing it when I can just go play Magic or Yugioh on my phone and enjoy it more.

Li Kao

Oct 25, 2017
In DanMachi, what does 'two times, bf 4 stars guaranteed' means ? What is bf the abreviation of ? And does it mean that as I already gachaed this banner some days ago it will count as two and I will have whatever bf means or do I have to pull two times one after another ?
...I hope I'm making sense.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
In DanMachi, what does 'two times, bf 4 stars guaranteed' means ? What is bf the abreviation of ? And does it mean that as I already gachaed this banner some days ago it will count as two and I will have whatever bf means or do I have to pull two times one after another ?
...I hope I'm making sense.
It means "before", I believe. Basically, in that example, you'd need to do two more multi-pulls, before you received the guaranteed 4* multi-pull on your third summon.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
That Stag in the Hard Mode of Rampage (DanMachi). Damn, it took me like 4 heals to beat him, haha. I'm glad I had Welf, he helped tank a lot of the hits. I just unlocked Very Hard, but after that Stag...not sure I'll be able to manage that just yet.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of new stuff to do in Danmachi, did the first 5 steps on the Ottarl banner and ended up with Chigusa who is fairly meh, every roll being 9 2* dupes/ 1 3* dupe just makes pulling boring.

Edit: Watching my brother rack up 8 4* units in ten pulls really increased the salt

Edit 2: Up to 15 10 pulls on the Ottarl banner, 0 iris, one of each of the banner units, only the 3 guaranteed 4*, feels bad etc. It's not clear but can you only get the banner units as 4* units from this? My shit luck aside 5 ten pulls for 1600 didnt feel too bad if it was for the entire pool.

Last edited:

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
Crafted the Glorious Anklet with the Record Breaker mats and got 100% slow resist with a pretty high defense stat.

Did one pull and got the new 4* Freya assist.

Will do a few more pulls later.

Joe Molotov

Oct 25, 2017
I got a new Chigusa and Ottarl and haven't even hit my guaranteed pulls yet. Regretting blowing all my Iris on the old banner now. lol.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Die first, then heal right?
Yeah, when you die you heal your party and continue from where you left off (enemy/HP-wise). You have three heals per day.

I haven't pulled yet on either of the banners, it's really difficult trying to decide if I should/shouldn't, given how low the drop-rate for a 4* are and how much is required for the guaranteed pull. I know there's a lot of farmable Iris currently available in the game, but once that dries up...

I already have the 4* Welf, so I don't really need another tank, although Ouka does look really interesting. I have Riveria, so I'm more-or-less covered on the healing side, but another physical damage dealer/support (Ottarl) would be nice. That being said, it's a 1/3 chance of getting him on the guaranteed summon, so I don't particularly like those odds.

I have just under 3k Iris again (after going all ten steps in the Sword Oratoria banner), but I kind of want to save up 4k again, just in-case a power-creep banner comes around again and I can do another ten steps.

I'll give it a couple of days and then decide, I guess.

Last edited:

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
Did the guaranteed 4* gacha, got Ottarl and a +1 for his limit break! He's going to be replacing my Bell on my team once I get him all trained up.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I did the discount multi-pull on each banner since, well...it's only 200 Iris. I actually managed to get Ottarl on his banner and the 3* Miach Assist (the one that poisons) on the Ouka banner. Needless to say, I'm happy. I'm calling it here though, as I'm not about to press my luck.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently new Ouka is a beast https://www.reddit.com/r/DanmachiMe...ka_damage_shocked_me/?st=jfx8dryx&sh=948bd43a I wonder how relying on items to limit break stuff will be, you get 1 item for assists and adventures on each of the bigger events, and you need three, the events run for two weeks so barring anything else thats one limit break roughly every month and a half or two every three months. So seven and a half months to fully limit break a character from +0, thats, well fairly rough, especially depending on power creep. In some ways if you are at +0 you might be better off saving up so you can do all five at once, in case you get a power creeped unit in the meantime.

Oct 25, 2017
LB seems pretty important in danmachi, which is probably why it seems pretty generous on giving you 4*.

my lb+4 ais is way better than all my other 4* base units and basically carried me through the end of normal on rampage.

not sure what other stuff i can do.

heck even the final giant boss in bell story on normal required me to burn iris to clear because his aoe took out my riv in 1 hit...

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Just a small reminder we do have an Era friendly discord channel for different mobile games. "Main channel" is for FF:Brave Exvius but

Choose #mf channel

for Memoria Freese talk. We are sharing builds & tips & salty pull pics there. Don't be shy, join our merry band of salty pullers :P.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Updated tier list with the current Gacha units on it. I do like that to a certain extent the games various modes call for different units and assists so an overall tier list, while still fairly right, isnt absolute. Even then I think they've underestimated [Superior Reign] Ottarl. His stats are slightly higher than [King] Ottarl and he's got some nice utility in place of a High AOE. I'd say he's arguably flat out superior against single targets (assuming they arent invulnerable to status effects). Still tempted to try and get Ouka. But my Irish reserves are in shambles so I'll hold off.

DanMemoTierList3.1.4-rev2.png

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
LB seems pretty important in danmachi, which is probably why it seems pretty generous on giving you 4*.

my lb+4 ais is way better than all my other 4* base units and basically carried me through the end of normal on rampage.

not sure what other stuff i can do.

heck even the final giant boss in bell story on normal required me to burn iris to clear because his aoe took out my riv in 1 hit...

I basically had to burn through like 100 iris to kill that thing even with a full team of 6* max level (not LB) units, 4 of which are S+ tier.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Two sets of pulls (five each) on the Ouka banner: Chigusa x2 and the Freya Assist. I guess my (somewhat decent) luck had to run out eventually. I'm going to finish running through the story and save the rest, not going to dedicate more to this banner than I already have. I want a safety net for future characters, and if I spend it all here...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
DanMachi is a lot of fun, but it really worries me what's going to happen once the story quests dry up. It takes A LOT of Iris to reach the guaranteed pulls on banners, and with the rates as they are (2% for Adventurers and 1% for Assists), if you don't have that guarantee there's a good chance you won't be getting anything. We don't seem to get a lot of Iris for events or daily logins either, so once the story is finished it's going to take a long time to save up the 3k+ Iris needed to do a banner rotation.

I'm definitely not spending money on the game either, not with the censorship concerns. I probably won't even buy the Lunchbox again when it expires, unless Crunchyroll reverts things to as they were (and was advertised). The removal of the Interact feature isn't a big deal, as I previously mentioned I wouldn't have used it much, it's the way they went about removing it (as well as their attitude) that upsets me, as well as the idea of censorship in the first place.

Still love the game, though.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DanMachi is a lot of fun, but it really worries me what's going to happen once the story quests dry up. It takes A LOT of Iris to reach the guaranteed pulls on banners, and with the rates as they are (2% for Adventurers and 1% for Assists), if you don't have that guarantee there's a good chance you won't be getting anything. We don't seem to get a lot of Iris for events or daily logins either, so once the story is finished it's going to take a long time to save up the 3k+ Iris needed to do a banner rotation.

I'm definitely not spending money on the game either, not with the censorship concerns. I probably won't even buy the Lunchbox again when it expires, unless Crunchyroll reverts things to as they were (and was advertised). The removal of the Interact feature isn't a big deal, as I previously mentioned I wouldn't have used it much, it's the way they went about removing it (as well as their attitude) that upsets me, as well as the idea of censorship in the first place.

Still love the game, though.

I was discussing this with someone the other day. The LB system means that a MLB character is almost twice as effective as a +0 Lv 60. Which incentivises going "All in" on good banners. Which quickly drains your Iris and as you mention once you burn through the story quests you arent getting a huge amount from dailies/events/hitting goals. However, each PvP event (well the two we've had so far) last a week and (depending on your roster) it isnt too hard to hit the 400 Iris reward tiers. So you could probably get about 500-600 Iris a week if the PvP event schedule remains the same. Of course it'll get harder to score and so you'll still need to get lucky so that might just be pushing the "problem" down the line. A bigger issue might be the fact that every banner seems to have a new top tier character, that rate of turnover, especially with diminishing amounts of currency means this game feels like it won't be that viable to run as F2P (in that you won't be able to clear content).

Further updates to the tier list, the new Ottarl in his correct place. Though in this place I think they've over-rated Ouka. Without a taunt he simply isnt as good as Welf at the role. Damn, tempted to scrape together 1500 for steps 15-20 on ottarl's banner ;)

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Ouka is good because he deals absolutely stupid single target damage, his END buff is beyond busted as it's fast, and his shield is alright on its own, but it also heals him. He provides damage, tank, and support. He's just so useful.

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, rampage on hard is... my lb+4 ais s basically carrying me. no clue how far i can get in very hard lol.

Feel like this game is either easy, or super hard. no real inbetween or 'strategy'. There aren't any items you can use in battle i think, like if my riv dies, i'm boned, and she dies super easily at higher lvl stuff haha.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah, rampage on hard is... my lb+4 ais s basically carrying me. no clue how far i can get in very hard lol.

Feel like this game is either easy, or super hard. no real inbetween or 'strategy'. There aren't any items you can use in battle i think, like if my riv dies, i'm boned, and she dies super easily at higher lvl stuff haha.

The "best" strategy for Rampage is unfortunately the most boring one. One thing the game doesnt make clear is that you can quit a rampage mission at any time and your progress will be saved, that includes drops and enemies damaged/killed. So what you do is when things are going to shit quit the mission. Then go and run a Normal mission but swap in units that have HP & MP Regen assists until your units are back up to full (Sparkling Ais and whateves Lefiya can regen their MP quicker). This works, but by god is it tedious as fuck, you can get a HP regen unit from the current event (Naza) but if you dont have the 4* MP regen assists then you're looking at three to five mp a turn which is, to repeat myself, tedious.

Ouka is good because he deals absolutely stupid single target damage, his END buff is beyond busted as it's fast, and his shield is alright on its own, but it also heals him. He provides damage, tank, and support. He's just so useful.

I suppose its semantics but his shield feels subpar to an actual taunt as it doesnt actively modify AI behaviour. Beyond that I agree he's great I just dont think if you're looking at him purely as a tank rather than as a general support that he rates higher than Welf. Actual taunts shut down AOE's which is huge in this game.

Last edited:

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
Some interesting numbers.

New mobile RPG Honkai Impact 3rd racks up 35 million downloads in first week
MiHoYo free-to-play RPG title Honkai Impact 3rd has surpassed 35 million downloads in just one week after launch.

The Shanghai-based games developer claims the title also managed to pull in over 350,000 pre-registered users in the US and Europe before its worldwide launch on iOS and Android March 28th.

To celebrate the milestone the studio is offering players a plethora of in-game rewards, which include a swath of in-game currency, weapons and emblems, as well as discounts on certain skills.

"Beyond our imagining"

"We are humbled to be featured and receive such a positive critical response to the game," said miHoYo president Wei Liu.

"However, we are most thankful for the fan feedback and reception we have received. It has truly been beyond our imagining."

Honkai Impact 3rd revolves around a mysterious power called Honkai that periodically destroys civilisation. As the destructive force returns for another round the player takes control of a group of Valkyries who are tasked with ending the threat.
Games industry generated $108.4bn in revenues in 2017
A new report indicates that interactive entertainment - encompassing games and much of the media around it - generated well over $100bn in revenues last year. The 2017 Year In Review Report by SuperData shows that mobile games remain the biggest sector, generating $59.2bn, followed by PC at $33bn and consoles at $8.3bn. Meanwhile, under the umbrella of "interactive media", extended reality was the biggest category, with VR and AR combining to make $4bn. Gaming video content followed close behind at $3.2bn, while esports generated $756m.

In total, the industry saw revenues of $108.4bn in 2017.

Both the PC and mobile sectors were, unsurprisingly, driven by free-to-play titles. In fact, $82bn was spent on these games by 2.5bn players - that's one out of every three people in the global population. The total money spent on mobile titles was also $14bn higher than in 2016, with Asian titles such as Tencent's Arena of Valor and NetEase's Fantasy Westward Journey cited as contributors to the market's 31 per cent year-on-year growth.

Asia remains the biggest market for mobile, generating $36bn in 2017 - a $10bn increase over 2016 - and expected to make $38.4bn by the end of this year. By contrast, North America and Europe generated $9.1bn and $5.9bn respectively in 2017. However, the Western markets remain by far the dominant force in the console space, with North America spending $4.2bn on console games and Europe $3.1bn. Asia spent just $200m, and growth is not expected for next year - unlike the Western markets, which are both forecast to increase by $200m.

In the traditional games space, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds was perhaps the biggest breakout success, generating $712m in its first eight months. That's 12 per cent of all premium PC revenue for the year, and almost double the $382m generated by Overwatch, the second most successful title. And despite being four years old, Grand Theft Auto was the most lucrative game of 2017, generating $521m - $9m more than runner-up Call of Duty: WW2. However, there were three COD titles in the Top 10 for 2017, with the combined revenues of WW2, Black Ops III and Infinite Warfare amounting to $951m.

Having made $756m in 2017, SuperData predicts esports will become a $1bn business in 2018, with a current global audience of 258m viewers. 70 per cent of last year's revenues were made in sponsorship and ads, while merchandise and ticket sales only accounted for nine per cent. When it comes to gaming video content, Twitch accounted for more than half (54 per cent) of all revenues at $1.7bn. YouTube was second at 22 per cent, and revenues of $690m - despite having double the audience of Twitch.

You can read more in the full report, available from SuperData's website.

Bonus:

insights-trial-2.jpg

Source: AppAnnie

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Those who are doing Rampage and hate / can't clear Very Hard (Iam in midway of it about). Hard 15-17 first dungeon is semi ok to do with Ais & Lefiya (when you need heal, rertreat and do Normal 1-4 and get heal there). That 15-17 also has Irregulars who do drop Gold ore and Moonbows. Just crafted my first Durandal with not so great stats.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Crunchyroll responds officially to the DanMachi removal of the Interaction feature, and it's...well...questionable.

http://operationrainfall.com/2018/04/15/crunchyroll-danmachi-censorship/

Basically, because we agree to the ToS when starting the game, Crunchyroll can do anything they want. I know this is common in a lot of ToS, but it's their tone and back-pedaling that bothers me. They didn't even bother to remove the feature being listed in the Help section, which leads me to believe that this was a last minute change and their scrambling to cover their tracks. The feature is "whatever" to me, I probably wouldn't have used it that much, but it does feel like an aspect of the game is missing (unlocking different outfits means to so little now), and just the way they handled it is so unprofessional.

My Lunchbox promo runs out in a little while and when it does I'll probably just leave it inactive. The game is fun, I just don't particularly like the tone they're using in advertising their game.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently the best Fishing game on Android.

Fishing Strike : First Impressions

This is actually fun. Try to get that bigger and bigger fish.

Opened pvp (well its fishing) earlier today and only one pvp match played but catching fish is no the normal pvp I hate :P

If someone want to reroll its quite easy. Just rename the folder (no root needed) and clear data. Skip tutorial (no harm here), sell tutorial shark for gems and make one pull. Ticket you get is fixed so no point of trying to get different thing from ticket & tutorial pull.

Edit: Also that Shark gives a lot of points to weekly rankings, so it may be good to keep it (I did sell it).

Last edited:

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They really are handling what should have been a minor issue quite poorly. There's no benefit to them being belligerent about it, they should have simply released an update saying "We removed the feature because blah blah We're sorry. Here's X Iris as an apology." and that would have mollified most people a fair bit. Doubling down on the terms of service as a "Fuck you we wont do what you tell me" is just silly.

Edit: Ha, went up to step 20 despite my misgivings, got the guaranteed unit (Freya of course) and thats it. Now the mad scrabble to get Iris in case the next banner is good begins

Last edited:

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
Rolled the banner Ottarl, so that was good. Would be nice to get Freya before banner ends

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Started playing Honkai Impact. It's really fun but holyshit there's a lot of systems and stuff lol. Gonna take a while for me to figure all of it out.

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
Dragon Nest M SEA is now in open beta across Southeast Asia countries
Dragon Nest M SEAhas just ended its closed beta test for Android not too long ago, and now it is already live on Google Play Store across Southeast Asia countries! As a refresher, Dragon Nest M is a mobile port of popular PC MMORPG Dragon Nest, which it inherits the story and gameplay from its PC predecessor.

The game includes 6 classes including Warrior, Archer, Sorceress, Cleric, Academic and Assassinalong with over 70 skills and exclusive characters emblems. The game is featuring a no-lock battle system so you could combine your skill freely, seems like you can't auto-battle in the game too. Multiplayer features such as PvP, Arena and World Boss are all available as well.

Dragon-Nest-M-obt-image-1024x579.jpg

The game is only live on Android for now, iOS users will need to wait a little bit more to be able to enjoy the game (it is currently on App Store review according to the officials). Check out their official Facebookfor more information!

DeNa Announces Seikimatsu Days: Our Era's End for iOS/Android! Limited Android Beta Coming Soon
Previously, DeNA teased that they are planning to release a new mobile game with Spike Chunsoft. Today (16th April), DeNA and Spike Chunsoft have officially announced a new mobile roguelike RPG, Seikimatsu Days: Our Era's End! The game is expected for Summer 2018.

Seikimatsu Days: Our Era's End is a dungeon exploration roguelike RPG where players can explore randomly generated dungeons in teams of four. As players explore the dungeons, enemies will appear at different locations in different formations. Players will have to work out strategies for each encounter using the game's turn-based system.

On the game's official website, a 5,000 user Android beta test has also been announced. The Android Limited Beta Test will start on 19th April 15:00Jst and run until 26th April 14:59 JST. To participate in the beta, players will have to go to the game's dedicated Google Play Store link (which will be released on 19th April) and opt to be a beta tester.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, they ended the 1/2 stamina campaign in DanMachi a whole 24 hours earlier than expected. It never ends...

So yeah, if you have the app open on your phone, don't close and re-launch it! Doing so triggers the update, which means goodbye 1/2 stamina. I wish I had known, I only learned that Ais and Lefiya's story was also applicable to the 1/2 stamina last night and was planning on spending potatoes tonight to finish them off. :(

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Fishing Strike

AVOID this game unless you are planning to pay for items.

Gameplay is fun (pvp not so anymore, computer cheats, I do only 3 pvp per day). Its Netmarble game which means if you want to be F2P you are in serious disadvantage compared to those who use money.

And Iam not speaking of spending money to get premium currency. Oh no, if you spend 100€ for premium currency you are still in disadvantage.

In this game you catch fishes and then growth them in tanks. When you start you have 1 tank.

This brings us to situation that soon enough one notices that he/she needs more tanks to get more fish to grow (and sell). When starting game It is adviced to use gems (premium currency) to buy tanks before using gems to anything else.

First 5 tanks (room for 10 fish in each, thats not a lot, 5th tank has 12 room) can be bought by gems.

So

6th tank would give 50% Growth speed for fish in tanks (thus faster growing fishes and faster selling them).
But it is literally behind paywall. In US Google Play it costs 4,99$, in EU it costs 5,49€.

Screenshot_20180418-094131.png

You can't use gems to buy it.

I did read that next tank after this costs even more (and then there is one tank that can be bought by 2200 gems and then again by money only).

Needless to say, Iam not buying it and will be hindered a lot compared to other players.

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
man how is the global version of Grand Sphere still alive? figured it would've died ages ago

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Just played my first gacha game, Girl's Frontline. Wow, I can tell this is a time sink.

BTW, I am a Chinese. Seems like it is not yet available in western counties?

Edit: My first 5-star character, Welrod Mk.2
0JyeS5l.png

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Just played my first gacha game, Girl's Frontline. Wow, I can tell this is a time sink.

BTW, I am a Chinese. Seems like it is not yet available in western counties?

Its coming soon. They had Closed Beta Test hat ended some days ago (11.4). They informed that Open Beta Test will start soon, earlier they informed that game opens (OBT?) in April.
Link to Girls Frontline pages, prereg still going on. Waiting OBT to start so I can play it too.

From GF FB pages:

GF said:
Girls' Frontline We are planning to bring it out within this month, but it may be postponed to the beginning of May. It all depends on the verification progress.