• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how many people are still playing DanMachi after the whole "ticket controversy", but a Kino's Journey collaboration was just announced (for Global, as well as Japan). It says late-April, but we'll probably get it in the next day or two (considering we don't have a story event running right now).

https://api-danmemo-us.wrightflyer.net/asset/notice/view/59

Haven't been playing the past couple of days (due to GBF and other mobage) but this seems neat, if a bit weird lol. Definitely going to check it out!

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not familiar with the Kino's Journey franchise (beyond knowing it exists). But if the translation of the new characters abilities are correct then they seem very powerful, as in new top tier powerful, e.g.:

4* Kino and Ermes [Adventurer - Physical Type]
Ultimate: AoE very strong physical attack. STR proportional rate to damage increases when this skill is used.
S1: Single strong physical attack. very high chance to inflict critical damage.
S2: AoE medium physical attack. Also applies a 20% debuff of both STR and MAG stats of all enemy by 4 turns.
S3: AoE medium physical attack. Also applies a 15% to seal enemies all enemies.

Honestly this sort of kills my interest even more than poorly handled PR. If you aren't a whale than having every new banner redefine the top tier just isn't sustainable. Actually even beyond being able to keep up on the individual level debuffs like that second ability just seem too powerful full stop.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Girl's Frontline is having an crossover event with DJMAX starting tomorrow.

Looking at my teams, I am not going to beat this... Sigh

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Looking at my teams, I am not going to beat this... Sigh

Looking at my team, oh wait...
Looking up for new info about launch.

I mean, its going to be OBT but still why the heck they aren't advertising their game more. Latest FB message & tweet is from 16.4.2018, post more often some shit, people who follow and the others want more information. Having newest info post from 9 days ago is not a good sign :). I know they will post when game launches and so on, but on marketing side, keep your followers busy with new info.

GF FB comment made 4h ago said:
Girls' Frontline We are planning to bring it out within this month, but it may be postponed to the beginning of May if the store validation takes more time than expected.

^^
Devs could easily make new post around this and not just some random comment.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at my team, oh wait...
Looking up for new info about launch.

I mean, its going to be OBT but still why the heck they aren't advertising their game more. Latest FB message & tweet is from 16.4.2018, post more often some shit, people who follow and the others want more information. Having newest info post from 9 days ago is not a good sign :). I know they will post when game launches and so on, but on marketing side, keep your followers busy with new info.

^^
Devs could easily make new post around this and not just some random comment.
They have been posting new info on their Japanese Twitter account daily. Weird that they do not update the FB page.

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
lol jp girls frontline. i'll believe it when they actually release the game instead went mia & just retweeting fanarts for a period of time. to think that global ver actually handled better and will be released first before that one is laughable

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
Star Ocean Anamnesis is having a Resonance of Fate rerun that finally adds Vashyron and Zephyr.

1mvxTBt.gif

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap, this Happy Potter game is Persona: Harry Potter Edition.

You take classes and have to answer questions. You have attributes like courage, empathy, and knowledge that are all based on your choices and actions. Ran out of energy, but it's very story-focused and linear so far. Seems to still be the tutorial.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Not having much fun with Harry Potter. Just seems to be click on three things that cost stamina, trace a line, maybe make a choice then repeat. Haven't seen what to spend money on yet.

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
Oh was it not out already ? Then, I must have played some kind of beta last month...
I played on a daily basis until I realised it was awfully grindy, so much that it was a breaking point. I think I managed to up all 3 stats around 13~15 something and wasn't that far into first year...
There were really not much to do. Really too much grind and timers.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Remember when I said I like Sdorica? Well, I started to play a bit more Granblue Fantasy again at the same time.

Guess no more Sdorica for me.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Since there's no DanMachi OT, I'll post this here.

The new banners have been datamined, and they look to be really good! Credit goes to Kriegz on Discord.

Banner A:

171000128.png

Banner B:

171000127.png

It also comes with two paid version banners of each, which you can only do once. Not only that, apparently we get a free 4* ticket as a 14 day login, and (seemingly) one for both Adventurer and Assist with a limited pool.

Adventurer:

171000140.png

Assist:

171000141.png

Granted, we might only receive a single 4* ticket to choose between the two different banners, but even still it's pretty generous!

nomemorial

Oct 27, 2017
Remember when I said I like Sdorica? Well, I started to play a bit more Granblue Fantasy again at the same time.

This is me, too - randomly gave GBF another go a a few days ago and have been HOOKED since. Sdorica is cool, though, and as it gets more stable I'm enjoying it more. If anything, that level 25 banner requirement is a weird goal that I feel like reaching.

Aurelio

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is me, too - randomly gave GBF another go a a few days ago and have been HOOKED since. Sdorica is cool, though, and as it gets more stable I'm enjoying it more. If anything, that level 25 banner requirement is a weird goal that I feel like reaching.
Yeah I hit 25 last night pretty easily doing main story quests. Got Sione with my pull so I'm happy with that

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I mean, I always only play GBF semi serious for a few weeks and then stop again, but I always have fun. Finished Chapter 52 yesterday. :A

Li Kao

Oct 25, 2017
Strange how a Tokyo Ghoul mobage just released globally one week ago and nobody talk about it. Is it this bad ?

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Strange how a Tokyo Ghoul mobage just released globally one week ago and nobody talk about it. Is it this bad ?
Thanks for the info. Downloading and testing :P.

And deleting it before testing. Dunno which TG you are speaking but I did download TG: Dark War and when I get to start screen I see 37 servers. Yeah no thanls.

Last edited:

Li Kao

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, yeah, isn't the global version new ?
And noob question, but why would they have so many servers ? What's the point ?

kiich

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jan 2, 2018

Haha, I stopped playing GBF because of Sdorica. That and because the game became a huge grindfest for Magna Bosses. I'd have to take one hour of my day to run hard+infernal leviathan only to get nothing from it. If only the mobile app wasn't really counter intuitive and slow I'd keep playing.

About Sdorica, I managed to get all the rewards for the Theodore Event, but I can't see how the story ends since the story chapters scalates on level requirement and not I'd have to be level 55 to playthe next one lol

ElukiaTV

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
So.. i wanna start playing one of this kind of games, but i dont one to start with a game that has like a«lot» of updates and new content already.. is there any interesting game that is gonna be launched soon?

Hubb

Oct 27, 2017
That kind of game/gameplay are you looking for? And are you looking for a brand new game, or an already established game?

ElukiaTV

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
That kind of game/gameplay are you looking for? And are you looking for a brand new game, or an already established game?
Any kind of rpg with optional auto battle would be okai. I preffer new games, i started with brave exvious, but everyone was like in the 200 event and guides told you to use items that should have been farmed on the 50 event. So... no. I want something new to start with everyone else

Hubb

Oct 27, 2017
Any kind of rpg with optional auto battle would be okai. I preffer new games, i started with brave exvious, but everyone was like in the 200 event and guides told you to use items that should have been farmed on the 50 event. So... no. I want something new to start with everyone else

You could look to see is Sdorica works for you. Very recently released, only issue is it doesn't have auto battle.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Danmachi: Memoria Freese is an auto battler. If that's what you're looking for, it's not bad. Gacha is really generous if you're looking to collect, but the power creep is very strong.

Sdorica just came out and has a really fun battle system and gorgeous art and graphics. But no auto battle.

Honkai Impact 3rd is hot right now, but it doesn't have auto battle and is an action game.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for my ignorance, but is Granblue good? In what ways? With Cygames' cooperation with Nintendo, and my recent diving into smartphone games with Girl's Frontline, I am interested to learn more.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for my ignorance, but is Granblue good? In what ways? With Cygames' cooperation with Nintendo, and my recent diving into smartphone games with Girl's Frontline, I am interested to learn more.
Granblue is really great. They give a lot of premium currency and free pulls, the art is fantastic, gameplay is just deep enough. The only issue is it's incredibly grindy. They don't call it Grindblue Fantasy for nothing.

I played it for about a year, but when I was playing it for 5 hours a day during an event I had to quit. It was taking over my life.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
Granblue is really great. They give a lot of premium currency and free pulls, the art is fantastic, gameplay is just deep enough. The only issue is it's incredibly grindy. They don't call it Grindblue Fantasy for nothing.

I played it for about a year, but when I was playing it for 5 hours a day during an event I had to quit. It was taking over my life.
Thanks. My only knowledge about the game is its art. When I was visiting Japan last year, Granblue was cooperating with McDonalds and the tray papers were changed into Granblue's art. It was so nicely drawn that I wanted to keep that paper. I will withhold the idea on playing it for now because not having enough time for such commitment. I can't even play Girl's Frontline that much because of other stuff. Looking forward to play Dragalia Lost though!

Edit: this artwork
f69deb64c16d7301ee9322de28244b161522415818_full.jpg

Last edited:

kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia
Sooo, kinda curious if anyone else is playing Senran Kagura: Shinobi Master? Gameplay is simple (Which is nice because I play Granblue Fantasy), but has great production values and support thus far. I'm actually spending money on any scam gachas that show up haha. No whale though.

But seriously, who knew I would want a turnbased RPG w/ Senran Kagura. It works! It's also the most tame Senran game. No clothes tearing off/nudity besides the card art.

Last edited:

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm considering not bothering rolling on the Danmachi Kino banners. The units are very good in their niche but being niche they dont feel as "essential" as stuff like Sparkling Ais. Considering I'll be scraping the free Iris barrel to get 4K I think it might be time to adopt ye olde F2P gacha mantra of "Save, save, save"

Sooo, kinda curious if anyone else is playing Senran Kagura: Shinobi Master? Gameplay is simple (Which is nice because I play Granblue Fantasy), but has great production values and support thus far. I'm actually spending money on any scam gachas that show up haha. No whale though.

But seriously, who knew I would want a turnbased RPG w/ Senran Kagura. It works! It's also the most tame Senran game. No clothes tearing off/nudity besides the card art.

I assumes its Japanese only?

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
If you are okay with missing out on stuff or things just taking longer to get, you can totally play the game just for a bit. I played it three times now, only a few weeks each and then stopping. The game is really great, but yeah, if you want to get far, you really need to grind.

kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia
TBH progress is very incremental in GBF, but there's so much to do, grind or not, just play it at your own pace. Unless you really want to do every event or something. You could burn out otherwise. I've watched a lot of players grow over the last 4 years, all playing at different styles. They all manage some form of growth regardless of how often they played. GBF is a marathon, not a race.

On different note now that I figured out screen capture, some Senran Kagura gameplay. It's fast/snappy/looks great

Last edited:

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
If you are okay with missing out on stuff or things just taking longer to get, you can totally play the game just for a bit. I played it three times now, only a few weeks each and then stopping. The game is really great, but yeah, if you want to get far, you really need to grind.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I will consider playing it.

Axelstream

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, Sdorica is gorgeous, and the production looks quite high -- there was even a live concert of the game's music (which is great) before the game even left beta. Where in the world did this game come from? Anyone know anything about this dev team, Rayark? I've heard of Voez before but I know nothing about them.

Hubb

Oct 27, 2017
Rayark does a lot of mobile rhythm games, outside of that I'm not sure what else they do.

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
I remember vaguely trying out the JP version of Knight's Chronicle and enjoying it. Glad to see it coming to global but it may be drowned under some of the more recent releases, I'm afraid.

Blade25

Oct 27, 2017
I'm level 47 in Sdorica, I hope RayArk adds more content to the game because currently all I do is log in to finish dailies and that's it. I still like the gameplay, music, story and characters, but there isn't an incentive for me to keep playing aside from finishing the story when I'm the appropriate level and doing dailies.