• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I just don't like the way he looks, I prefer to use waifu. I know he's a strong character, just not one I particularly want on my teams, haha.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
+3 Thanatos probably outdamages +6 Elysion now, he's really good especially if one doesn't have Eve. Unfortunately I didn't pull more than one of him either.

Miku might be a strong hint that we are indeed getting Café Le Petit next as Ragna Season 1, which has Morgan as the boss and therefore Water advantage. I don't really have any Water Attackers highly uncapped so I hope I pull some from her banner.

Dangle

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit I finally got her!!!
I've been saving up to do a ten roll every day or so since the 1st. I wasn't keeping track throughout but I think I probably used up another 30k crystals alongside the 30k I spent all at once on New Years. I can't complain about getting fourteen of the other banner characters until G. Chang'e showed up, but god, what a cursed banner.

6JBSnOm.jpg

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
I got the 4-5* summon tickets from the Devil Fiesta rank 28, and got *another* Thanatos, so now he's +4. It's too bad I evolved Elysion to 6*, because Thanatos would be a monster at this rate

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so now I'm trying to figure out what the best upgrade path should be for my childs.

Do I go for uncapping, combine for experience, or try to level skills first? What is the optimal way to gain more power? Im afraid to waste the various currencies.

Also, is there any downside to uncapping at level 1 btw?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit I finally got her!!!
I've been saving up to do a ten roll every day or so since the 1st. I wasn't keeping track throughout but I think I probably used up another 30k crystals alongside the 30k I spent all at once on New Years. I can't complain about getting fourteen of the other banner characters until G. Chang'e showed up, but god, what a cursed banner.
Congrats! I'm glad to see your persistence paid off!

Ok so now I'm trying to figure out what the best upgrade path should be for my childs.

Do I go for uncapping, combine for experience, or try to level skills first? What is the optimal way to gain more power? Im afraid to waste the various currencies.

Uncapping at level 1 or max level, it doesn't matter. All it does is allow you to level your skills up beyond what they normally did, with an additional ten levels being added for each uncap (up to the maximum allowed amount), as well as increase their stats a bit with each uncap. It's definitely worth uncapping the characters you intend to use, as the increased skill levels are definitely noticeable.

Aside from that, equipping them with powerful equipment (and leveling those as well) will increase your overall power. I wouldn't waste the resources to level anything less than 5* equipment, and even then I'd focus on the ones that scale the best. You can see a breakdown of the equipment and their maximum stats here:

https://moot.us/lounges/73/boards/402/posts/450701?prp={"postListType":"BOARD_POSTS","orderType":"TIME_DESC"}

Last edited:

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Congrays! I'm glad to see your persistence paid off!

Uncapping at level 1 or max level, it doesn't matter. All it does is allow you to level your skills up beyond what they normally did, with an additional ten levels being added for each uncap (up to the maximum allowed amount), as well as increase their stats a bit with each uncap. It's definitely worth uncapping the characters you intend to use, as the increased skill levels are definitely noticeable.

Aside from that, equipping them with powerful equipment (and leveling those as well) will increase your overall power. I wouldn't waste the resources to level anything less than 5* equipment, and even then I'd focus on the ones that scale the best. You can see a breakdown of the equipment and their maximum stats here:

https://moot.us/lounges/73/boards/402/posts/450701?prp={"postListType":"BOARD_POSTS","orderType":"TIME_DESC"}
Thanks man! Appreciate it.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017

Uncapping can be done independently of the other 2 as they only currency they share is gold, and you should have plenty. For exp, most of it will come from farming story mode (especially important during hot time), but you can combine the slimes you get from level up dungeon.

Awaken and skill leveling do share a currency — onyx — and you will soon be bottlenecked on it. Prioritize awakening, and don't level any skills past rank (so 20 level-ups) because the onyx cost starts getting excessive. It's quite expensive to max awaken characters, so you wanna make sure you have enough

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Man... trying to fond information about this game on Google is hard. The music group "Destiny's Child" keeps coming up whenever I attach "Destiny Child" to a search item. Fuck...

Anyways, Charlotte is so protective. She tries to fight cars to protect the MC lol! "Steel beasts"

Best Child.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got Charlotte , did some more ten pulls (and most of them getting nothing beside the pity rate 4*) and she came , didn't get Mammon or Aria when trying and only got one copy of Moa as I said earlier in the thread (my luck was kinda bad in this banner compared to the others), when the animation showed up the fear of being a Mammon was strong lol Glad it didn't happen. now getting back to save.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Welp. The banner with Chang'e is gone and I didn't manage to snag her :'(

At least I got Thanatos, Charlottex2, Hades, Epona, and Hera.

My main squad right now is Selene (healer), Charlotte (Dat fuckn damage), Epona (shields galore), Thanatos (dat watah damage/Dat POYZON DAMAGE), and the last character I tend to swap out with various 4 stars as needed like Neith, Lisa (cuz she's hot), and sometimes Hades cuz "he's" cool hot.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Welp. The banner with Chang'e is gone and I didn't manage to snag her :'(

At least I got Thanatos, Charlottex2, Hades, Epona, and Hera.

My main squad right now is Selene (healer), Charlotte (Dat fuckn damage), Epona (shields galore), Thanatos (dat watah damage/Dat POYZON DAMAGE), and the last character I tend to swap out with various 4 stars as needed like Neith, Lisa (cuz she's hot), and sometimes Hades cuz "he's" cool hot.
Probably a stupid question, but did you do the share gacha thing yet? If so, you could always gran Chang'e from it, since it's running until the end of January.

https://global.destiny-child.com/event/sharegacha

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Nah I did not know about this. Thanks!
Happy to help. :)

Instructions are on the website. You might need to share for the reset pulls a few times to keep trying for Chang'e (unless you're lucky), so either use a fake/dummy Facebook/Twitter account or set it to private. The Facebook/Twitter doesn't have to match the one you're using in-game, it's just for the share gacha itself.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Happy to help. :)

Instructions are on the website. You might need to share for the reset pulls a few times to keep trying for Chang'e (unless you're lucky), so either use a fake/dummy Facebook/Twitter account or set it to private. The Facebook/Twitter doesn't have to match the one you're using in-game, it's just for the share gacha itself.

Oh shit this is sick af! I get to choose between frej and Dana?? I hear frej is OP???!?

I also need a strong dark unit so I think I might go for em! O well, Chang'e you lose!!!!!

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit this is sick af! I get to choose between frej and Dana?? I hear frej is OP???!?

I also need a strong dark unit so I think I might go for em! O well, Chang'e you lose!!!!!
You don't have to settle, if you share you get another three ties each time. You can share indefinitely. If you don't have Chang'e, I'd recommend grabbing her, as she's so vital to pretty much every game mode. Ultimately it's your decision, though!

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
You don't have to settle, if you share you get another three ties each time. You can share indefinitely. If you don't have Chang'e, I'd recommend grabbing her, as she's so vital to pretty much every game mode. Ultimately it's your decision, though!
I think he was referring to Guardian Chang'e, which isn't in the share gacha, but yeah, regular Chang'e or Dana are pretty good.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I think he was referring to Guardian Chang'e, which isn't in the share gacha, but yeah, regular Chang'e or Dana are pretty good.
Oh, thought he was referring to regular Chang'e. Yeah the Guardian version isn't in the Share gacha, but if he doesn't have the standard version I'd go for her. Her or Dana, can't really lose with either but I feel Chang'e is a little more irreplaceable than Dana.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Damn this game is generous!

Oh, thought he was referring to regular Chang'e. Yeah the Guardian version isn't in the Share gacha, but if he doesn't have the standard version I'd go for her. Her or Dana, can't really lose with either but I feel Chang'e is a little more irreplaceable than Dana.

I didn't even know there were two changes!! Welp. I got my dark boi anyway. I like em already. Thanks anyways guys.

Akabeko

Oct 27, 2017
Any recommendations for (relatively fair to FTP players) gacha games that don't use a character "mod" system? I hate having to make choices about how to upgrade my characters, especially when it's coupled with another grind (for the mods themselves and the items used to upgrade them).

It's just another dimension of complexity that I don't need, and causes me to have choice paralysis. So I end up bouncing off the game shortly after those systems are introduced. Would rather have a fun game that I can just choose characters I like rather than trying to min/max.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know what element the next Ragna season will be?

Edit: Never noticed that Daily Support thing

Last edited:

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Any recommendations for (relatively fair to FTP players) gacha games that don't use a character "mod" system? I hate having to make choices about how to upgrade my characters, especially when it's coupled with another grind (for the mods themselves and the items used to upgrade them).

It's just another dimension of complexity that I don't need, and causes me to have choice paralysis. So I end up bouncing off the game shortly after those systems are introduced. Would rather have a fun game that I can just choose characters I like rather than trying to min/max.

I'm not sure what you mean by "mod system". Do you want to literally just level characters up without any kind of skill upgrade systems?

Do we know what element the next Ragna season will be?
We don't but I would strongly assume it's Café Le Petit which means water advantage which is probably why we are getting Miku now.

Akabeko

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure what you mean by "mod system". Do you want to literally just level characters up without any kind of skill upgrade systems?.

At the heart of it I basically don't want any character upgrades that require me to make a choice.

So, for the skill example, if it's just improving a skill and it's black/white.. lvl1 does X damage, lvl2 does X+10, etc.. I'm cool with that. But if I have to permanently (or at least costly in terms of time) choose between an upgrade that gives me better single target damage vs AOE damage I don't want to do that.

In terms of mods, I'm referring to something like in Galaxy of Heroes where you have a second set of items that a character can use, and they have certain stats associated with them. So, you have to choose what you want to improve, crit, defense, whatever. In additional, there are different tiers and levels of mods, and set bonuses and basically it ends up that you have to look up a guide to decide what you want to use.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
At the heart of it I basically don't want any character upgrades that require me to make a choice.

So, for the skill example, if it's just improving a skill and it's black/white.. lvl1 does X damage, lvl2 does X+10, etc.. I'm cool with that. But if I have to permanently (or at least costly in terms of time) choose between an upgrade that gives me better single target damage vs AOE damage I don't want to do that.

In terms of mods, I'm referring to something like in Galaxy of Heroes where you have a second set of items that a character can use, and they have certain stats associated with them. So, you have to choose what you want to improve, crit, defense, whatever. In additional, there are different tiers and levels of mods, and set bonuses and basically it ends up that you have to look up a guide to decide what you want to use.
Dragalia Lost.

There is no choice anywhere and it's very straightforward.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
There's the wyrmprint system, though. That requires a choice and sounds like the mods he's putting as example.
Nah, he's referring to something like investing a limited resource into a character or choosing how to specialize said character. I think, anyway. Because if he's referring to just choosing what to equip to someone, there are literally no gacha games like that.

Wyrmprints are both awful and require no real investment, so they really don't matter at all. They're just a piece of equipment basically that increases your strength by 1%.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017

Well games I play and often recommend are Girls' Frontline and Destiny Child. In the former the only way in which you upgrade your units is levels, skill levels (from 1 to 10) and equipment. It is very simple and straightforward, even to the point where I wrote in a Q&A that I'd like to see more equipment options.

In the latter you again are not presented with skill trees or any sort of choices either, you simply raise levels, star levels and skill levels (again from 1 to 10). They are both very one dimensional in those regards but I do not know which kind of gameplay you prefer.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
9_4f6Ud018bng1902ys7j33vau_93wnpn.png

January 17th Maintenance Break
Destiny Child will be having maintenance. Please note that the game will be unavailable during the maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience, please check the following details. [Maintenance Period] Start Date: January 17th 03:30 UTC+0 Maintenance estimated [5 hours] long * Period can be changed depending on the situation at the moment [Maintenance Details] - Check the Update Note! https://moot.us/lounges/73/boards/288/posts/539021 Once again, we apologize for inconveniences, we will try our best to finish the maintenance as soon as we can. *Note: Moa Moa Para-dice will end with January 17th maintenance. Be sure to use your Ragna Coins before the Ragna:Break event ends. Remaining Ragna Coins will be converted into gold.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Would it be ok, if you all who post Destiny Child stuff to this thread, would make new thread for DC? Just so that this thread won't be full of unit pics & stuff from DC, cause there seems to be many players who play it (according to this thread) at the moment.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Would it be ok, if you all who post Destiny Child stuff to this thread, would make new thread for DC? Just so that this thread won't be full of unit pics & stuff from DC, cause there seems to be many players who play it (according to this thread) at the moment.

I'll second this. Tried the game and it wasn't for me. Keep getting fool that there's new gacha news but instead it's just DC stuff. Especially with two big releases next week (I think)!

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
The reason an OT hasn't been made yet is because a thread about this game got locked previously, so we're kinda treading carefully.

Icarian

May 9, 2018

I'm actually quite interested in this one, as far as I know it does away with the stamina system and plays mostly like a single player JRPG, how does the gacha work though? Do you get party members through it?

I keep my distance from most gachas because many of them have PVP or the end game is very focused on it, which in the end it turns to an outright P2W game, I like FGO because you don't feel forced to roll for anything but the characters you really like, is Another Eden like that?

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually quite interested in this one, as far as I know it does away with the stamina system and plays mostly like a single player JRPG, how does the gacha work though? Do you get party members through it?
Gacha is similar to other mobages.
You pull 3-5* characters from it.

There are 7 main story characters.
All upgradeable to 4*, but most have gotten side quests to upgrade to 5* in jp version.

You also get a bunch of 4* through lenghty side stories, and some top tier 5* from harder content.
(although all of it probably not accessible yet at global launch)

There's a partial stamina system.
You get dungeon tickets every 4 hours. 1 green ticket (HARD) and 1 red ticket (VERYHARD).
These dungeons are just harder versions of the ones in main story, but has the upgrade books for characters and materials for equipment.
(and also best spot to level up and get experience scrolls)

There's no PVP, multiplayer, raids or anything social. You don't even create a username.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's just that there aren't many of us and nobody has stepped forward to make an OT - I've never made one and don't think I'm particularly skilled at it.
If it's presented with reasonable modesty I'm sure we don't have to be that wary of moderation staff.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably just gonna add Another Eden to my gacha list without removing any because since it's a game with no stamina or anything there's no hurry besides maybe temporary events.

Alexiell

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
Thank you!

I'm probably just gonna add Another Eden to my gacha list without removing any because since it's a game with no stamina or anything there's no hurry besides maybe temporary events.
It's more that I have hit a saturation point where I have too many to keep up with on a daily/weekly basis. I've been considering dumping Dokkan/OPTC for a while anyway so now seems like a good time to trim down. Already dropped FEH and Epic7 earlier this year.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
Yeah, I knew it had no competitive multiplayer, but no multiplayer at all? That's a bummer, I was expecting some kind of co-op, even if it was a simple friend system like FGO's.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really mind since I don't need every gacha I play to have PvP or social systems. Langrisser, which comes out in less than a week, will even have live PvP and AE being a pure single player game is a nice change of pace alongside that.