• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
If you want to try (and reroll) for Clash of Knights. Today is the time to do it. SSR = Legendary rate is 0.8%, (SR = Epic is 8%) but devs gave Valentine login bonus one multipull ticket. One reroll takes about 3-4mins, names are unique, so good luck. Its SEA version so Apkpure has apk.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
By not releasing on iOS at the same time as Android they're basically guaranteeing I never play the game. Hate getting into gacha after launch.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Koolio made a solid video enthusiastically explaining the gameplay appeal of Brown Dust:

As I've mentioned before, many people are probably going to find it boring and slow but for some it could be an intriguing strategic challenge.
I've tried it before on the SEA server and I'm going to give it another shot now that it will have more of a community.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
My biggest concern is that I've heard that the events in Brown Dust are the kind where you do old content X amount of times. Is that true?

Oct 25, 2017
picked up a iphone x out of whim... and man am i annoyed at how much faster gacha games load on this vs my note 9 and other android phones i got around.

Oct 25, 2017
Tell me about it. I went from s9+ to iPhone XR. It's like night and day. (Never buying another android phone)
At the same time its frustrating that you can't do any multi window action on iphones. On android you can do pip with video players, or with some samsung devices you can get crazy and duel wield games.

3UbSSeDrEolYjEAfm5rQnkgH5tz3OGMYPKYJ8aIL4bI.jpg

Deleted member 49574

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2018
Norway
At the same time its frustrating that you can't do any multi window action on iphones. On android you can do pip with video players, or with some samsung devices you can get crazy and duel wield games.

You can split view apps on iPad but for some reason they don't allow it for games. I hope that one day they do something similar to DeX mode on Samsung devices but better

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
It kind of amazes me how not casual at all some of these games are. Like to do anything or get anywhere you have to play them almost like a full time job, or you have to be incredibly rich. The whole design is based around it, getting you to play as much as possible, grind to get the loot or characters, and yet, they limit your play time as well. There a contradiction.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
It kind of amazes me how not casual at all some of these games are. Like to do anything or get anywhere you have to play them almost like a full time job, or you have to be incredibly rich. The whole design is based around it, getting you to play as much as possible, grind to get the loot or characters, and yet, they limit your play time as well. There a contradiction.

Some of them, especially Korean ones, treat mobile like MMOs on a phone, which I think does have merit.

E7 adds more weirdness with bottleneck mechanics so that there is more "longevity".

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, this is basically Epic 7 especially with how gear works. Stamina/Energy system on top of the RNG gear with too many layers of it.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, if that's how Brown Dust is it seems like something I won't stick with.

Still gonna try it, though. I mean, it's free.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, if that's how Brown Dust is it seems like something I won't stick with.

Still gonna try it, though. I mean, it's free.

Sad to see you burn out on E7 so drastically. I am the same way, so I hope Brown Dust will turn out a fine game. I honestly prefer dailies over proper events, because it means I do what I always do and am rewarded for it. No extra work, but extra gains!

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Sad to see you burn out on E7 so drastically. I am the same way, so I hope Brown Dust will turn out a fine game. I honestly prefer dailies over proper events, because it means I do what I always do and am rewarded for it. No extra work, but extra gains!
Nah, I'm still into E7. The new event is interesting (harem garbage, but the format is interesting). I just need to learn to think before I type and just express my frustrations in other ways. If E7 still has the problems it has now in three months, then I'll potentially move on.

I think the non-event system is a good system for some people who don't like to really get invested in their gacha games time-wise. For every E7, FGO, and GBF you need games like Girls Frontline or Brown Dust. Not every gacha can be the "you need to check into this every day and invest the time" because there just aren't enough people with that much time in their lives to play all these games. They're just not for me usually. I mean, no harm in trying, but I like fresh content that demands my attention every couple of weeks.

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
Koolio's videos are so much more watchable with the volume turned off.

Brown Dust has possibly the worst name I've ever seen but the gameplay looks interesting. Not sure how it'll do domestically with the hard strategy they're going for but could be a fun diversion.

Not really hyped about anything out/coming out -- dropped Dragalia, despite getting some decent pulls. No emulator support broke my heart. Dropped E7 pretty hard even though it's a solid game in the genre. I just couldn't hack the amount of time required for getting decent drops + there'd be days where you got nothing at all for your time and those felt real bad.

FGO customer support is REAL bad and legitimately won't answer my emails at all anymore. I'm still playing FFBE but some of the recent changes make it hard to care about the game in a macro sense anymore. It may be the next in line for the cutting block.

The only constant so far is Granblue. Still on that train. Really wish they'd give us a proper app or update the UI though.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this year is looking rather weak honestly. Langrisser is probably the most solid game so far, Another Eden is great but not for actual gacha reasons, Final Blade is just another autobattler with novel skin, SinoAlice hype is kind of deflated with Nexon and mediocre gameplay reviews, Valkyrie Profile is 3 years old and looks underwhelming (ymmv), Disgaea is not even an SRPG and I guess people are latching onto Last Cloudia now.

In some way it's nice I guess because it gives games from last year time to breathe.

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
I find the mobage I play the most lately from 2018; Azur Lane and Girls Frontline. Lots of good content going around and its really keeping my attention. Any new games have been really unappealing.. I'm hoping something new and fun comes out this year.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if the Princess connect anime has any impact on the chances of it getting localised. Did Uma Musume ever come out? The anime was surprisingly fun.

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
Uma Musume got delayed from winter 2018 to just 2019 at Cygames Fes, I think the issue was it wasn't up to standard so they needed more time to work on it. Which I'm fine with.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that the game is gonna have a simultaneous release (or so it seems) reduces the chances of it being shutdown... but it kinda reminds me of Idola gameplay wise lol
If they do a simultaneous release (possible single server?) it'd definitely reduce the chances of it closing down, but I've been burned twice before with Tales mobage. I'm already preparing myself should it happen again. :(

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I find the mobage I play the most lately from 2018; Azur Lane and Girls Frontline. Lots of good content going around and its really keeping my attention. Any new games have been really unappealing.. I'm hoping something new and fun comes out this year.

GFL is going to be amazing this year because we know what's coming and events Singularity onwards are incredible.
Our OT for it here is unfortunately not that active but the Discord linked in it is.

bjork

Oct 27, 2017
I've been poking at Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Shooters again, but I'm wondering if anyone here knows: is there a community for this anywhere? I can't find much of anything that's current. Gamewith has a message board with people arguing, but that doesn't help much.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
I ended up dropping Dragalia lost on the sole reason that it blocks outside audio. I usually listen to podcasts while playing mobile games so if a game doesn't allow for that I usually won't stick with it.

Currently I'm slowly playing Langrisser but the devs seem kind of stingy with rewards. Destiny Child had killer style but there is a lot of windows asking for money. Also playing Girls X Battle 2 which is primarily just an idle game but it doesn't have much depth.

Honestly my favorite mobile game right now is a game called Rangers of Oblivion which is very monster hunter/tokiden based and pretty fun, but the controls don't offer the precision that I wish they did.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Currently I'm slowly playing Langrisser but the devs seem kind of stingy with rewards. Destiny Child had killer style but there is a lot of windows asking for money.

Langrisser is pretty generous regarding rewards. You'll be able to do a lot of draws, however rates are really bad. Its stamina system on the other hand is greedy.

As for Destiny Child, don't mind the promotions pop up, it's a VERY generous game. I don't think I'll ever run out of stamina and you get free stuff all the time. Seriously it's the most generous gacha I've played.

On the subject of Langrisser, new update incoming with two new waifus but more importantly this:

✨Secret Realm Blessings✨

Some players have commented that it takes too long to finish Langrisser's daily missions, so in this update we'll be introducing the Secret Realm Blessing function, greatly reducing the time and difficulty of daily missions! (💪All stats +30%. Restores 30% HP after taking action and after being attacked.💪) Your Secret Blessing will take effect in all Secret Realm dungeons apart from the Timeless Trial and the Eternal Temple.

This will be a most welcome change as dailies have become a bit boring for me. At least they'll be done faster now. You will still need to clear them once before the buff is unlocked.

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
Tried Princess Connect because they currently have free 10 pull everyday for 1 year anniversary.

The games looks cute and lighthearted

What the heck Cygames, why there is no English version yet?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I ended up dropping Dragalia lost on the sole reason that it blocks outside audio. I usually listen to podcasts while playing mobile games so if a game doesn't allow for that I usually won't stick with it.

Currently I'm slowly playing Langrisser but the devs seem kind of stingy with rewards. Destiny Child had killer style but there is a lot of windows asking for money. Also playing Girls X Battle 2 which is primarily just an idle game but it doesn't have much depth.

Honestly my favorite mobile game right now is a game called Rangers of Oblivion which is very monster hunter/tokiden based and pretty fun, but the controls don't offer the precision that I wish they did.

Just a heads up, Dragalia fixed that for iOS in a recent update.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Just waiting for Valkyrie Anatomia, I already got tired of E7. Japanese games gacha games tend to look worse than korean gacha but they at least not feel like full time jobs with all grinding.

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
Just waiting for Valkyrie Anatomia, I already got tired of E7. Japanese games gacha games tend to look worse than korean gacha but they at least not feel like full time jobs with all grinding.

How is japanese gacha look worse than korean gacha?

1 thing that made me putoff playing e7 is exactly because of the artstyle.

If it is made by Japanese or chinese (like Azur Lane), i might give it a bit more chance.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
How is japanese gacha look worse than korean gacha?

1 thing that made me putoff playing e7 is exactly because of the artstyle.

If it is made by Japanese or chinese (like Azur Lane), i might give it a bit more chance.

You make it obvious it is about preference more so than anything else. Epic Seven looks stunning, but if you dislike the artstyle, that's totally valid too. The only thing I'd argue is that Korean gacha games tend to have the better production values and therefore less static animations for its characters, but obviously there is plenty of trash on both sides of the pond.

Oct 25, 2017
korean games look high budget, the action rpgs often look like ps3 tier visuals, and most of their games offer the option for 60fps.

Japanese stuff generally are... clunky, especially ui navigation and lag. Always feels like this stuff was done from kids outta college, and never built for scale for updates years down the road.

Oct 25, 2017
Remind for Langrisser players that Guild PvE is about to be released on the 21st this week.

[Major Update 1] Feb 21st the Twin Princesses of Caconsis Preview⚡️⚡️⚡️
The battle between light and darkness rages on, and a new generation of heroes has embarked on a journey to save the world from Chaos.
✅[New Heroes]✅
Angelina – SSR
One of the twin princesses of the Kingdom of Caconsis, she flies across the indigo sky on her winged horse, a perfect image of beauty.
Voiceover Artist: Nao Shiraki
Shelfaniel – SSR
Daughter of the King of Caconsis, Shelfaniel was renowned in her era for her stunning beauty, along with her twin sister Angelina.
Voiceover Artist: Yurina Amami
✅[New Function]✅
✨Guild Battle✨
Pit your tactics against your rivals in Langrisser's first Guild vs. Guild combat mode. Guild Battle require all members of a guild to work together, and to defeat your enemies, you'll need to fight bravely, as well as coordinate your hero and class combinations with your fellow guild members. Test your mettle against your rival guilds and find out who the mightiest Guild Leader is, while building unbreakable bonds with your allies! Give it your all in Guild Battle and take an active part in developing your guild, and the Langrisser community!
✨Secret Realm Blessings✨
Some players have commented that it takes too long to finish Langrisser's daily missions, so in this update we'll be introducing the Secret Realm Blessing function, greatly reducing the time and difficulty of daily missions! (💪All stats +30%. Restores 30% HP after taking action and after being attacked.💪) Your Secret Blessing will take effect in all Secret Realm dungeons apart from the Timeless Trial and the Eternal Temple.
The continent of El Sallia is ever-changing, Commander! Face the new challenges it holds with sword in hand, and the light in your heart!

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the Overlord gacha is releasing in 2 days as well in Japan, with quite a bit of hype surrounding it.

I've only now heard of this franchise but it seems interesting.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Regarding the buff:

To gain the blessings of the goddess, first you must be able to clear the secret realm stage you desire a blessing on by yourself without help. Once you do so, you will be blessed and can continue to fight that stage with the blessing for the remainder of the day until server reset time. The blessing also will be on you in co-op, but you cannot gain it from a win in co-op. You cannot gain a blessing from a low level event and enter a higher level event blessed, the blessing is only available for the exact same difficulty of the stage you solo'd. Example: You solo Level 40 Dragon. You can Repeat or Co-Op L40 Dragon blessed, but you are NOT blessed if you go to L35 or L45 Dragon.

Which makes it less interesting than I initially thought as you lose stamina playing solo before you can activate it for one map (in the case of tasks you need to do twice). Not even mentioning tasks that requires one clear...

It will be interesting for farming Anikis at least.