Japanese Mobile Gacha Games |OT| Gatcha Wallet

Oct 25, 2017
Chrono just how many gacha do you play?
Fate Grand Order and Dragalia Lost are my two "main" ones, of which I always make sure to burn my stamina and fully complete all of the events.

Bang Dream, Azur Lane and Star Ocean Anemnesis are my three other more casual ones. I still complete all of the events in these, but I don't grind everything to 100% completion and only aim for the important items.

Alchemist Code, Destiny Child, Bleach Brave Souls, Granblue Fantasy and One Piece Treasure Cruise are my even more casual ones, where I basically just log in and that's it. I'm kind of falling out of interest with TAC after they introduced the Kaigan feature (which means even more grind to it all), and Destiny Child has gotten pretty stale. Same goes for Brave Souls for me. Granblue Fantasy and Treasure Cruise are a lot of fun, but I can't find a lot of time to dedicate to them with the five gacha games I tend to focus more on (the top five I listed above). I'm not sure where Valkyrie Anatomia and Dengeki Bunko will fall into this as I've yet to try them, but they look pretty interesting.

Oct 26, 2017
Really enjoying Elchronicle; I guess I'm still in the honeymoon period getting all these characters and freebies from the game but I do see the grind ahead of me. But so far digging the combat and the story ain't half-bad; predictable but still ain't half bad

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck happened to Langrisser?

I thought it would blow up the water out of Fire Emblem Heroes and become the new SRPG dynasty in mobile gaming. And yet with a little amateur research I have seen it dropping and dropping each week on both android and iPhone devices both in terms of rank and revenue. In addition, the amount of downloads has had a significant drop while various echoes in various subreddits mention about dead servers (3rd-4th+), 2-3 hour daily routine among many other issues.

Oct 25, 2017

I thought it would blow up the water out of Fire Emblem Heroes and become the new SRPG dynasty in mobile gaming. And yet with a little amateur research I have seen it dropping and dropping each week on both android and iPhone devices both in terms of rank and revenue. In addition, the amount of downloads has had a significant drop while various echoes in various subreddits mention about dead servers (3rd-4th+), 2-3 hour daily routine among many other issues.
Nintendo marketing vs a nobody.
Also, too hardcore for average crowd.

Aug 5, 2018
I never thought Langrisser would dethrone FEH, despite having a better combat system, if only because FE is a much bigger series than Langrisser is with bigger pull. I know whales who still login and talk about FEH regularly despite hating every decision IS has done due to how invested they are into the FE series as a whole. If someone drops Langrisser they’re not very likely to come back, whereas something like introducing beast units in FE can make a lot of folks log back in at least.

I do think the biggest issue is the amount of time the game requires of you to do dailies. Even with the secret realm blessing, with horrible AI the auto-ing can still take hours on content 10 levels beneath you, which is asking a lot of players on a mobile game. Guild wars especially take an incredibly long amount of time because you have up to 3 players needing to fight several waves of enemies. If I could get dailies done in less than an hour via auto, it wouldn’t feel like such a bad daily grind.

Oct 25, 2017

I thought it would blow up the water out of Fire Emblem Heroes and become the new SRPG dynasty in mobile gaming.
This is not a reasonable expectation and the approach and execution do not have a general audience in mind...before even considering that the property is not even remotely relevant and has virtually no visibility or recognition for Westerners. Could not really tell you how the game is preforming relative to expectations, but it seems like they're doing reasonably okay considering the negative impression the game made at launch.

The game has really high highs, but the time demand is way too high and it falls into daily checklist mode in a way that can just feel wearying, particularly when the progression ramp is so long.

Sep 5, 2018
Yeah I dropped Langrisser because it took too much time to do the dailies. The grid based games are too reliant on AI to easily auto, and a lot of the time spent in the battles was just moving your units around.

Oct 25, 2017
What killed Langrisser for me was the same as many of you: the time it took to complete the dailies. Without doing them, the time required to gain levels and in-game currency was extensive, and when I found myself frustrated at the time needed to do them all, I quickly lost interest. In Dragalia Lost, I can do all of the dailies in the span of 2-3 minutes if I want to use skip tickets, and if I run through it all on Auto, it still only takes me around 5 minutes. Then the rest of my time I can spend doing whatever.

Another thing that bothered me was when the CM was apparently let go (who was re-hired again afterwards, IIRC), he aired a lot of the dirty laundry in his frustration as to the happenings behind-the-scenes. It was just an awful launch, probably the worst I've seen yet (and I've seen a lot of horrible launches).

Oct 25, 2017
what are some recent gacha games that support a proper account system? gumi stuff uses facebook, nintendo games use nintendo login. azur lane supports twitter. klab stuff uses icloud/google play.

Still annoying that not everyone does.

Oct 25, 2017
Also just uninstalled Destiny Child. The patch notes this week were absolutely nothing, like the past three weeks (last week there was rebirth but that's a chore to do). I get the impression they have no idea of what to do with the server.

Oct 25, 2017
After 2 days of playing I did remember why I uninstalled it first time and did the same again. Auto doesn't use Swipe skills and Iam not so good with manually doing them + swiping.
Auto does use swipe, what it doesn't use is drive skills, which I don't understand why some modes do it for free yet others ask for gold.

OP
OP
Ryoukai
Oct 25, 2017
Whelp, Disgaea still in maintenance and surpassed fgo longest maintenance. Disappointing at this point, hope they resolve it soon. At least Seikiro comes out tomorrow to tie me over if they decide to go for the record of longest maintenance.

Oct 25, 2017
Whelp, Disgaea still in maintenance and surpassed fgo longest maintenance. Disappointing at this point, hope they resolve it soon. At least Seikiro comes out tomorrow to tie me over if they decide to go for the record of longest maintenance.
Today's a holiday in Japan apparently so not expecting them to fix it today

Oct 25, 2017
Double post, but they did update... to say thatthe maintenance wouldn't be complete today, and that it might require "drastic correction of the app". So sounds like this might beat SinoAlice after all.

Just fucking delay it, mother of god.