• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Shortening the duration of an event but not reducing the grind (and arguably extending it with the lack of purchasable memoir upgrade mats) is insane. We basically need to compensate for 900+ naturally gaining stamina (assuming you're only using 240 of the total 480 potential stamina a day, otherwise it's closer to 1800+) we're losing out by the event time reduction alone, and we're more tied to the lottery for upgrades by relying on it for event memoirs on top of potential crystals for the event character. I think it's clear the event was never designed to be done on this short of a time period. I really hope not all the events will be like this, because this is a terribly incompetent way to quickly rollout a global version of a game, despite having (I believe) a solid core.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to just make the assumption that because it was the first event, it was extremely badly designed. Unless you're exceptionally lucky and keep pulling the grand prizes, its almost impossible to get Tsukasa up to 6*, even if you were to spend every last gem you got buying stamina. This event is effectively only doable if you're able to kill the hard boss in 2-3 runs. It is possible to kill it in 2 runs, I've watched a video, but it requires a whaled out 6* team where you have both maxed out 6* Kaoruko and Maya.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
this event is all about 4 boxes:
boxes require candy, and after you randomly get the "good parts' you can move on. here are the totals if you don't move on and try to empty the boxes

first box: 50 candy (50x1)
second: 400 candy (200x2)
third: 1200 (400x3)
fourth: 1500 (500x3)

easy boss drops 5 candy per 10 keys.

6000 rounds of farming to get enough keys max. if a key drops each fight.

like... WHAT. good luck

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Not going to lie, the event kind of soured me on the game. I'm someone who always tries his best to get the limited event items, but it just seems...impossible here? If this is how events are going to be moving forward, I might just drop the game. I'll give it some slack since it is our first event so changes could happen, but that doesn't change the fact that it shouldn't have been like this in the first place. It's not a very nice way to welcome new players to your game.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Assuming you're really lucky getting 2 keys in the last hard farm stage every time, and rounding down the stamina from 6.5 to 6, you're looking at 36,000 stamina, which takes 20-40 days of natural regen depending on if you're using 100% of regen stamina by being awake every time it's almost full or if you're only able to use 12 hours worth. Guess I'd be better be praying for that 6*.

I think if I can't get the 6* in time, I'm either going to drop it outright, or re-roll with a "single-target nuker" team specifically for these events depending on my feelings at that time, PvP meta be damned. If I don't do that, I'm gonna be staring at a event character I poured all my resources into that I can never max out, which would have been way more useful on a character I could actually max out. This is probably the worst way a game company could have implemented both limited event characters and an accelerated content rollout, which sucks because I do enjoy the core design of the game.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The only problem with that is what if they release an event boss weak to your single-target nuker? You'd be out of luck then. :(

Honestly, a gacha game should never make its headline rewards this difficult to get. I play a lot of other gacha games (FGO, Dragalia Lost, Bang Dream, etc.), and all of them make it extremely easy to grab the exclusive event rewards, and grind afterwards for all of the additional items if you want to. In FGO it takes a lot to completely clear out the event shops, but everything else you can grab pretty easily, even if you're a new player. You might have to plan a bit. For DL and BD, you'd basically have to go out of your way not to grab all of the exclusive stuff, and that's with casual playing.

This event in Starlight Revue is just...impossible. Like, it can't be done for new players. If you had a six month old account with multiple teams to hit the weakness then sure, but that's not us. Personally, all limited time events should be obtainable for new players (as new people begin playing all of the time), with more valuable rewards being offered at the higher point tiers. I know you can get Tsukasa and a couple copies of the event CE early on, but let's be honest. If we can't fully LB both, they're pretty pointless.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly would just recommend skipping this event as its obvious they were experimenting.

zh1rF7w.png

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I'm just going to finish doing the story and working on upgrading my characters. I'll just run the event whenever I get the keys from normal story drops, but I'm not going to go out of my way to grind them. Hopefully they tweak the next event, because this will absolutely kill my interest otherwise.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I rerolled, was not happy what I got few days ago. Also not touching event premium gacha.
Learned my short first try that I need aoe damage dealers and tank. Thus made sure I get Aruru and Lalafin from Redo gacha, took ~30mins to them pop up in same pull. Other two 4* I got are Ghost Patrol Squad Ichie Otonashi & Pirate Queen Shizuha Kocho.

Dont have 4* prints nor other 4* units, not sure who will be the 5th member of team. Plan is not to waste a lot stamina to event.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'd be getting like 2 4*'s that specialize in single-target Damage and both Maya/Lalafin as tanks on my new account, so I'd just keep upgrading whomever isn't being resisted/weak between the two DPS/tank in order to have a 3-man core (event character, tank, non-resisted single-target DPS) as my ideal single-target nuking setup for events. I care way more about getting event characters than performing well in PvP, which is regularly getting powercreep and is whale territory anyway, so I'd prioritize that in my next re-roll.

Since it's likely I'm abandoning this account, I'll go try hard and just spend my Star gems for stamina without a care about saving since I'm deleting anyway if I'm not getting the event character to 6*. I've already gotten the event character to rank 5 (rank 6 with the gold from reset) and have overall just dumped a ton of resources into her, all of which would be wasted if I'm not even going to be able to 6* her at the end of this.

I'm also holding off on watching the anime until after this event because man do I not want to be invested in this IP if I get really salty and just drop the game from not 6*-ing.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Haha, well, the tier lists basically take into account PvP viability first and foremost, like the reason Aruru is the best long-term investment is because she doesn't get powercrept 6 months from now PvP-wise like most of the other launch 4*'s will be. Obviously I'm mainly just theorycrafting as a result but I think my potential setup would be ideal, I'd need another event to come around to be sure. It might be better to literally focus on upgrading tanks and leave all DPS to the event character, I still need to look into that. At that point I'd just take Maya and Yachiyo for easy PvE story clearing then maybe Ichie to keep Wind Climax since I do enjoy that synergy with Lalafin or a 4* with the same element as Maya.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Obviously I'm mainly just theorycrafting as a result but I think my potential setup would be ideal, I'd need another event to come around to be sure. It might be better to literally focus on upgrading tanks and leave all DPS to the event character, I still need to look into that. At that point I'd just take Maya and Yachiyo for easy PvE story clearing then maybe Ichie to keep Wind Climax since I do enjoy that synergy with Lalafin or a 4* with the same element as Maya.

I was reading that this Halloween 4* is very good in PVE thus wondering maybe I should make pulls toward it. I know the chances to get one are very slim but Iam ok if I snatch some 4* prints (memoirs) since they have much better chance to emerge.

Also if I have time I rather auto stage than "skip" it. Autoing Chapter 3 gives ~450 gold (you get this with skip too) per run and exp (this you wont get with skip) and bond to girls and with skip you dont get em.

And thus I did multi on that Halloween banner and now Iam cursing and thinking starting again:

Screenshot_20190425-094251.png

Dupe Aruru as in 180 whatever.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The game has pretty terrible rates, so I'm only really pulling once that rate up banner arrives (assuming I'm still playing).

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
The game has pretty terrible rates, so I'm only really pulling once that rate up banner arrives (assuming I'm still playing).

Yeah 1.2% for characters but kinda sad to see dupe when you have 3 4* units and there are now 13 4* in game.
Well atleast now I can use Creation Jewels to units I have.

Potential crystals when buying from shop:
1st 10 = 10 Creation Jewels
2nd 10 = 20 Creation Jewels
3rd 10 = 30 Creation Jewels

Aruru / Ichie / Shizuza are all now 5*, Lalafin 4* team fifth member is that HW freebie and Iam out of Gold.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Checked to see how many pulls new players would get in E7 (for the GG collaboration), and upon unlocking thegacha mechanic and claiming everything I could, you don't even have enough gems for one pull. Not even a single pull, and not one bookmark. With the rates as low as they are, I'm not even going to bother re-rolling for Baiken and not return to the game. Time saved, I guess.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Dengeki Bunko Crossing Void launching on the 26th! Tomorrow, that is.

Man, with the DL update, I am going to be busy!

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
So many things happening x_x

Also, for key farming, it's apparently best to prioritize upgrade material you need for characters skill panels that's farmable in the event stages.

Last edited:

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Deleted Langrisser. Rate is low and too time consuming. Guess I will stick with Azur Lane and wait for Last Claudia or something.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I can almost take out the Normal boss in one try but the turn limit stopped me. 2000HP away. So just gotta get a little stronger and I'll be golden.
I was using just the freebie Karen tank and event Tsukasa in my party, each with the event memoir.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Phew, seems like I did well in uninstall Destiny Child a while ago, apparently the greed has settled in, they're doing a Kemono Friends collab and the units are in three banners with 0.75% (JP and KR have them in one banner), plus paradice gives you 3 dice for doing a 10-pull.

Last edited:

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Phew, since like I did well in uninstall Destiny Child a while ago, apparently the greed has settled in, they're doing a Kemono Friends collab and the units are in three banners with 0.75% (JP and KR have them in one banner), plus paradice gives you 3 dice for doing a 10-pull.

Yeah, I've made a Reddit thread with a bit of an overview of the situation here.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
lol fb embed is unreadable in dark theme
I noticed that myself, haha.

Phew, seems like I did well in uninstall Destiny Child a while ago, apparently the greed has settled in, they're doing a Kemono Friends collab and the units are in three banners with 0.75% (JP and KR have them in one banner), plus paradice gives you 3 dice for doing a 10-pull.
Yeah, it's still on my phone, but I play it a lot less than I used to. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I delete it entirely. :/

Edit:

It seems like the Dengeki Bunko announcement applied to the SEA version and not Global. So it seems like we'll be waiting a bit longer, assuming a Global release is still planned.

Last edited:

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Was just reminded that the rollover time on Starlight is weird as hell. I know it's supposed to be global, but 8PM UTC? Who does that even make sense for? It's the middle of the day for the US, and evening to early night for Europe. Seems to be more geared for SEA than anything. I've lost hundreds of stamina now from assignments that I stockpiled with the intent to use them later in the evening like I would for any other gacha, only for it to evaporate in the afternoon.

I'm sure I can eventually get used to it, but it's just another hit against it for me. I wanted to like this game, but all the little things are making it difficult.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Man, I love that I had to pull 195 times on the 2nd box, essentially wasting 368 candies since I can't reset without getting that last 10k gold reward.

vfrrWgE.jpg

I'm finally able to one round the normal boss, but I doubt that will matter if my luck is going to be like this for all the boxes...

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Btw, Mahjong Soul is out, and it's not much of a gacha, it's just a mahjong online game that has characters (that affect nothing) and cosmetics. So not remarkable.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Is it all realtime against human players or can you play against the AI?
It's mostly real time but you can create private matches against the AI. The tutorial isn't very extensive, and you have a list of all the ways to win you can check at every time, but still, if your don't know much about mahjong it can get a bit confusing... Plus games are long, lol

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
Almost reliable 1 fight normal guide:

Event Tsukasa, 4 star, lvl 60, rank 4 (my bond was 17 if that matters)
Event Memoir, Pumpkin something: lvl 40+ (might not matter?) max uncap when you cap to make it easier

Support: Event Kaoruko, lvl 60+, with an event memoir (this is most of your damage, if you're failing, trying to find a lvl 80 with an event memoir)

Turn 1: Act3, Act2 (Don't attack three times or boss will have full charge bar)
Turn 2: Act2, Act1, Act1, Act1 (Unsure if Act3 or Act3 is better, Act2 is more damage, so if you win with Act2, keep using it here, if you don't kill it on turn 4, use Act3 instead)
Turn 3: Climax, Kaoruko Support, Tsukasa Climax, Act1, Act1 (Kaoruko will Stop the Boss, thus canceling their Climax and their bar resets to zero)
Turn 4+: Act1, Act1, Act1, Act2
(Turn 5: Boss will charge attack)

The biggest thing here is finding a high level Kaoruko support with an event memoir equipped, she will do 50%+ damage for you and stop the boss from using their Climax.

Last edited:

shoyz

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Bit late due to Thanos, but for fans of arcade style match-3s (Tsum Tsum/Wibble Wobble/etc), a new one called 'Monogatari PucPuc' came out a few months back, based on that series. And it's in the middle of a Madoka collab event that lasts until the 30th.
Day 1 login bonus offers a free Kyubey puc. The rest of the cast is available via gacha, 6% for the chosen featured character puc and 4% for one of the others for 10% total chance per pull. With two character tickets per reroll getting one of them is easy, and two feasible (there's also collab 'emas' which are skill cards with a ~1.3% total pullrate, each reroll giving 5 ema tickets).

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
They added a new banner in Revue.

In the middle of our Halloween event.

That was incredibly rushed.

And uninstalled. Back on the DL train after the update. I don't have time or energy for Revue's crap.

erd

Self-Requested Temporary Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Btw, Mahjong Soul is out, and it's not much of a gacha, it's just a mahjong online game that has characters (that affect nothing) and cosmetics. So not remarkable.
I find the game to be super remarkable because it's the first online mahjong game that's officially available in English. It's honestly kind of incredible how many people are getting into it for the first time. The discord is full of people who've never heard of mahjong before trying to wrap their heads around the game and it's super cool to see.

But yeah, probably pretty much irrelevant for this thread considering there's only a very small focus on the gacha stuff.

Last edited:

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Is there not a new character banner as well? I saw the Musketeer banner, but there is also another banner for a new character that power creeps Maya.
It's a new banner with new characters, yes.
I'm sticking with the game cause I'm still enjoying the game itself a little but WHEW when that launched last night...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
"Feeling bottlenecked by gold or stamina for upgrades and keys as you're trying to grind out this shortened event that's gonna be over in less than 4 days from now? Why not buy these stamina and gold packs that JUST came out for $8 each to lessen that grind!"
jguI7Y4.jpg

The funniest thing to me is the fact that these packs are literally the same length as the event. Could this be any more blatant?

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Checked to see how many pulls new players would get in E7 (for the GG collaboration), and upon unlocking thegacha mechanic and claiming everything I could, you don't even have enough gems for one pull. Not even a single pull, and not one bookmark. With the rates as low as they are, I'm not even going to bother re-rolling for Baiken and not return to the game. Time saved, I guess.

That's surprising bc you've always been able to do 1 to 4 iirc. Of course, you also get the 30 10-pulls s bit later (keep only one) but that doesn't include Baiken. FWIW I still feel E7 is the best gacha to come out in a long, long time.

Laice

Oct 27, 2017
Also never buy Single summons with gems. Always save 950gems and buy the 50 bookmarks Pack there.
Also much like with fgo most 4 and even some 3 Stars are much stronger then the 5 Stars.
Check epic7x for more Infos.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
That's surprising bc you've always been able to do 1 to 4 iirc. Of course, you also get the 30 10-pulls s bit later (keep only one) but that doesn't include Baiken. FWIW I still feel E7 is the best gacha to come out in a long, long time.
Also never buy Single summons with gems. Always save 950gems and buy the 50 bookmarks Pack there.
Also much like with fgo most 4 and even some 3 Stars are much stronger then the 5 Stars.
Check epic7x for more Infos.

Quick question. Iam rerolling and taking my time. Thus after 1-10 30x summon -> Would Ken & Angelica (or some of these healers: Achates, Angelica, Destina)?
Or who the 5* should be. Meta has changed and farming is done with friend unit 4 fodders.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
The funniest thing to me is the fact that these packs are literally the same length as the event. Could this be any more blatant?
So my assumption that the event was designed to sell you stuff to help complete it is pretty much confirmed. Then add in a new banner on top of the existing banner and the super low odds of getting anything good, and you have a recipe for hard whaling to get anywhere. Not surprised. Disappointed, but not surprised.

Oh well, I'll continue to mess around with the game in complete F2P mode for a while until I get bored with getting nothing worthwhile and then move on. Sure as hell not going to give them money to reward strategies like this.

Laice

Oct 27, 2017
Quick question. Iam rerolling and taking my time. Thus after 1-10 30x summon -> Would Ken & Angelica (or some of these healers: Achates, Angelica, Destina)?
Or who the 5* should be. Meta has changed and farming is done with friend unit 4 fodders.
generally angelica and destina are considered the best healer in the games. Destinia is the best burst healer while angelica is the best utility healer (mid tier barrier and debuf immunity).

Ideally you want either of the two (which of the two is better is a small war in the comunity xD) and another decent attacker like cid,vildred, ken and co.
So yeah ken and angelica are viable.