• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Idoru

Oct 28, 2017
Can you get a 5* from the tutorial pull in Grancrest?

edit: I won't reroll anymore. Got three 5* with my second pull.

YSMXXPd.jpg

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
GW seems interesting game. Guiding unit is much easier than in Dragalia lost, not sure it is due to the way joystick works. I used most of the yesterday to rerolling, then finally got nice Tutorial summon and decided I won't use more gems now (we get that 5* random ticket on day 7*).
Tutorial pull:

Screenshot_20181031-213151.png

Now staring that picture I guess I should get that 4* "Luck up" unit to my 3rd unit (which I wont use in battle unless I "summon" em all). For the extra drops, more luck = more chance to get extra loot.

Then I went to see what kind of events are now live where I could burn my stamina that is piling up. Noticed this JP release event(???) is still going on.

Screenshot_20181031-231455.png
Screenshot_20181031-221745.png

Actually managed to get my unit I use (Wolverine that has passive hp regen) to 28 level (then out of gold) and cleared the stage 3 (7 stamina per run).

Screenshot_20181031-222829.png

Now that I knew I can clear that stage (there was bonus stage "extra difficulty" with 10 stamina, I didnt bother to try it :D), decided to see what I can grab as loot.
I did run it ~10 times and failed 2 times. When your unit you use dies (0 hp) you fail, it doesnt matter if your rest party is at full health.

Lucked out and got another copy of the claw, no clue how many I would need to full limit break / evolve it.

Screenshot_20181031-231853.png

No clue what those Accessory Holystones are. I havent open equipment leveling yet. Most likely eq evo / level mats.

Screenshot_20181031-232555.png

There is auto but haven't used it, I guess it works when grinding some easier stages but that even't no way I could auto it. It was many times close of clearing or failing stage.

Also was curious to see the gem prices and there was banner saying 72h ½ price gems. But when I went to shop, there was none.

Well today as I woke up got greeted with this pop up.

Screenshot_20181101-071007.png

Iam glad that I started in preparation period and managed to get some runs to event that is no more there.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I tried a little of Grancrest War but honestly, after Dragalia Lost, I just couldn't get into it. Maybe if it had hit a couple months earlier it would have gotten its hooks in, but as it stands, it's an easy forget-and-move-on for me.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
From reddit: Epic 7 tomorrow?.

Would not be surprised if that 4*/ 5* ticket is 95% for 4* and 5% for 5*.
Also it might be that the 7 day campaing is for KR version in GL version will be released later this month (in 8 days or later).

Last edited:

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
I've been playing Grancrest for the past few days, it's not terrible but for me the movement sucks, auto play is unusable because the AI is braindead and does not prioritize targets nor dodge floor hazards, just swings away at whoever is closest. I was hoping it could move on it's own and I would fight since it does not control good for me. Oh well. It's fun for now but it probably won't hold me for long.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Bah! Did some research on Epic Seven and the character I want is limited, and on a future banner. Don't know if I should start thos week, or later to reroll for her.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
How big of a grind is Epic Seven? The game does look interesting, but I already play so many gacha games (a few of them requiring a lot of my time/attention, such as Dragalia Lost), so if this is something I really need to sit down and commit to, I might have to pass. Is it something like F/GO where I can log in, burn my stamina quickly, and then relax (unless I opt to burn apples to farm a particular piece of content)?

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017
well, langrisser was always better than FE IMO, never as popular though. game looks like it emulates the gameplay from the series quite faithfully which should be great, because langrisser gameplay is hard to beat.

Shirke

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
If you're interested in the SMT gacha game, Dx2 has a new player campaign right now that basically gives you a top tier healer and enough fusion currency to make another top tier demon for free.

2xo765hhx5w11.png

This is also much more than whatever players who have been playing since launch have been getting, since fusing a 5* demon is super expensive, while grinding mag is slow, plus the rates for summoning are crap as well.

So naturally people are pissed, especially if they spent money while getting nothing nearly as good as this that new players are getting for free. The Facebook group is responding to complaints, so hopefully old players will get something at least.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow thats fairly irritating to be honest. The amount of premium currency spent just to scrape together 2.5m magnetite is no joke. While the games insane grind makes re-starting extremely unappealing a starting 5* (I know the game didnt make me but that week of re-rolling says hello) and 5 million magnetite is tempting (of course if one could be arsed re-rolling now would be even more appealing).

Last edited:

Excko

Oct 27, 2017
Epic 7 releasing on November 8th, 2018 at 00:00 UTC, according to the facebook post, so 7PM EST on Nov 7.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
How big of a grind is Epic Seven? The game does look interesting, but I already play so many gacha games (a few of them requiring a lot of my time/attention, such as Dragalia Lost), so if this is something I really need to sit down and commit to, I might have to pass. Is it something like F/GO where I can log in, burn my stamina quickly, and then relax (unless I opt to burn apples to farm a particular piece of content)?
Did some looking on the discord and reddit, and I saw comparisons being made with Summoners War. Haven't played that game, but it seems to required heavy investment in the grind.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Did some looking on the discord and reddit, and I saw comparisons being made with Summoners War. Haven't played that game, but it seems to required heavy investment in the grind.
Thanks, that's a definite turn-off for me. If it was my only game I probably wouldn't mind it. Hell, I'd probably enjoy it. However, with all of the other gacha games I do play, I'm not sure it's something new I can commit to. I'll likely give the game a try, but I doubt it'll hold my attention unless the gameplay is something special.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
FYI for those rerolling. People are saying beat 1-10 stage. You get 30 10-pulls and get to choose one of them. Seems reroll friendly in that regard

Auto-battle unlocks at 1-5 I think. Still going through it myself. It's... interesting.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, you're forced to create a unique nickname at 1-4 before you even get a chance to do your 30 free multi-pulls? I know they did this to discourage re-rolling which really upsets me, especially since it wasn't present in the KR version. So yeah, if you want your desired nickname you have to get lucky on your first re-roll attempt (and hope it wasn't claimed by another user already), or you'll be stuck with your username and a bunch of numbers attached to it.

My desire to even begin playing this thing has decreased further. While the free re-roll thing is nice, they went out of their way to add the unique nickname thing which kind of offsets that. Unless you really don't care what your nickname is, and are fine with EpicSevenPlayer025.

madstrike

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, that's annoying.

Also, to reroll after the 30 multis (if you need!)...just go to settings and there should be a "reset account" button there. Pretty neat.

edit: it seems they changed some stuff in the global pools for summons cause Dark units (Vildred) are being pulled, from what i've seen / been told.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, the nickname thing was a stupid idea. I'm almost at 1-10 and if I get a good roll, my name will be 'Placeholder'...

But the game's interesting and it's gorgeous.

Yes, that's annoying.

Also, to reroll after the 30 multis (if you need!)...just go to settings -> account management and there should be a "reset account" button there. Pretty neat.
Oh, if you reset do you need to play all the way to 1-10? Because if not, I'll regret naming my profile Placeholder.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I can't check since I haven't played, but is there a paid currency item that allows you to change your name? I know in games such as this, that force a unique name on you before the re-rolling can be done, they usually always have that option available to players who really want to change it. It's definitely scummy though, username changes should be free (and especially not forced), not something you need to pay for. I'm not sure if the same applies here or not.

madstrike

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the 30 multi pulls are only available after 1-10. You can 'reset' earlier but i wouldn't! It's not that hard after the first time where you can just skip most of the story (assuming you didn't at the first time)

Also, for pulls ...don't settle for a 5* artifact! Get a 5* unit if you can.

Imo, either a 5* healer (Destina) and a 4* star dps or a 4*healer (Achates i think) and a 5* dps (Sev, Vildred, etc) are the best options.

Last edited:

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Auto battle not opening treasure chests is a bit annoying.

Edit: On roll 15/30. Finally got a 5* character, "only" Charlotte though who doesnt seem great.

I think this tier list is ahead of global but might be handy to see which 3* and 4* units are worth using e.g. a 3* unit is the highest rated healer https://i.imgur.com/L1SC3wU.jpg

Oh, nice one, got Aramintha on the 30 reroll thing and while thinking about whether to stick with her did one pull on the Destinia banner. Got her first go. So probably going to go with these two, though using my last 10 re-rolls to try and get a top tier DPS is tempting.

Last edited:

Idoru

Oct 28, 2017
Gonna say I was pretty lucky. Aside from this I also got the 5* tank Krau from a ticket draw.

Jwohmy1.jpg

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
APK anywhere? Should be Global launch but its still on prereg stage in EU.

2 Android phones in same country in same mobile network:
1. Prereg
2. Download app

Wtf :D

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Liking Epic Seven. Will need to see how the meta shakes out, but the production values are sky high and the gameplay seems to just have enough complexity to be interesting. Still an autobattler most of the time, it seems.