• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
Monster Strike shows that it is still the best gacha game.
jirqH1l.jpg

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know what the hell Smilegate has done with release.
Google play on phone says E7 is installed (yeah its on my other phone and working there).
When I click that "Previous installed games E7" with another phone it gives me Preregister.

How on earth this is possible?
I even tried to change network to Wlan and it didn't help.

Edit: 3 Hours later I can install it to my another phone too.

Last edited:

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
Sooo, I rolled this in E7 :
Nkpkj2T.jpg

Dunno if artifacts are good or if I should reroll for better heroes...

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
4* Artifacts don't seem too rare but I have no idea how good those (or the character) are. I personally wouldn't keep that one but I'm also on my fifth restart, lol. I probably should've just kept the Araminthra roll I got last time since I like her design, though.

I guess it sucks that I have to be stuck with a number on my name but oh well. Rerolling takes a while in this game but the 30 resets more than make up for it.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget you can only get 1 five star from the reroll gacha.

Was actually gonna ask this - I figured as much. I did have a roll with 2 4* characters and a 5* at one point but it was nobody I wanted.

Does anyone else have this "Upon entering Epic Seven, the patch will automatically begin to download" dialog box stuck on their game window? It even persisted through an account reset.

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
Mmh okay, Will try my luck a bit more and hope to role what I want !

And yeah, despite chapter 1 taking some time to complete, the 30 multi rolls make the slog worth it ( even though you can't pull multiple 5* at a time...)

madstrike

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, i got that warning.

I had a reroll with like 6 4* characters o_o

But then got a Destina on my 30/30 one (4th attempt) and kept that.

Pektus

Nov 24, 2017
I hope this doesnt become the trend in gacha games. Just like dragalia lost, epic seven's gacha is character and artifact mixed in together. I do not like it. specially if you are gonna be a f2p player.

The good part is apparently, even 3 star has their use. but we'll see since unlike dragalia, there's PVP in e7.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Artifact rates are almost as bad as units.
I got this after 1-4 (used those summon items and one 100 gem summon).

Screenshot_20181108-160644.png

I know mages ain't hottest hot. But I guess I go to 1-10 and see what those 30x 10 pulls bring. If I don't get something decent I will reroll.

Found this from Reddit:

TfgCoeW.jpg

madstrike

Oct 25, 2017
Really? On the several 30 multi pulls i tried, i got like 5-6 with 5* artifacts and 3-4 with a 5* unit.

Last edited:

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is someone gonna make an OT for epic 7? Or is it not OT worthy. Tbh I didn't think I was going to like it much but it seems above average.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Just got Ravi and Achates (4* healer) on the first roll of my current run - fittingly enough, Mupod7 lol. Definitely gonna stick with this one.

Is someone gonna make an OT for epic 7? Or is it not OT worthy. Tbh I didn't think I was going to like it much but it seems above average.

Was surprised it didn't have one considering the hype in the FGO Discord but those guys play pretty much everything.

But yeah, it looks pretty, it seems competent and most importantly it's turn-based. I dunno if I'll stick with it but hey why not.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
The problem with Epic Seven has already reared it's ugly head for me: the grind for minuscule upgrades is horrendous.

You need 72 of these orbs to upgrade one of your characters awakening stones about 1/3 the way through it, which is kinda like a very simplified skill/stat tree. If you use the characters that are of similar strength to a character needing these stones, you need to run the stage 20+ times, and it's too hard to auto fully. And that's one node. For one character. And that stage is on a daily rotation.

Weapon crafting is an even bigger joke, requiring 10+ runs to get a single piece of gear for a single character that has random stats and is of a random rarity.

The level cap is so incredibly low that you can hit it for 3* characters in like 3 hours easily. And how do you increase the level cap? You need three 3* characters to sacrifice. And that's only to upgrade to a 4*. There's 5* and 6*.

There are a million different currencies that all do different things. There are a hundred different little systems that really don't do that much but you better do them because together they make up something significant. The game shits out stamina like no one's business so you can grind and grind and grind all day and maybe get one of your elemental teams 5% stronger.

Yikes, dawg. Yikes.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Epic 7 Friend ID is 615376955 if anyone wants to add me, running Destinia as my friend unit for the moment.

Edit: The game is grindy. But I don't think that's surprising given the genre. It doesn't seem out of the ordinary though, a similar level to Dragalia, Granblue, etc.

Last edited:

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Personal rant: WHY does every game have to throw big events around the same time? Just today/tomorrow alone, there's a grind in OPTC, Dokkan, and now apparently Marvel Puzzle Quest. Granted the last one isn't terrible but it's just one more thing.

Not enjoying Epic 7, too... generic? Animations are nice don't get me wrong. Don't think it's right for me

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The problem with Epic Seven has already reared it's ugly head for me: the grind for minuscule upgrades is horrendous.

You need 72 of these orbs to upgrade one of your characters awakening stones about 1/3 the way through it, which is kinda like a very simplified skill/stat tree. If you use the characters that are of similar strength to a character needing these stones, you need to run the stage 20+ times, and it's too hard to auto fully. And that's one node. For one character. And that stage is on a daily rotation.

Weapon crafting is an even bigger joke, requiring 10+ runs to get a single piece of gear for a single character that has random stats and is of a random rarity.

The level cap is so incredibly low that you can hit it for 3* characters in like 3 hours easily. And how do you increase the level cap? You need three 3* characters to sacrifice. And that's only to upgrade to a 4*. There's 5* and 6*.

There are a million different currencies that all do different things. There are a hundred different little systems that really don't do that much but you better do them because together they make up something significant. The game shits out stamina like no one's business so you can grind and grind and grind all day and maybe get one of your elemental teams 5% stronger.

Yikes, dawg. Yikes.

Honestly I've yet to play any recently released game that's not grind crazy. Terrible trend. I just don't have the time/patience for it. I'll give this one a few days and then decide.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I've yet to play any recently released game that's not grind crazy. Terrible trend. I just don't have the time/patience for it. I'll give this one a few days and then decide.
I've discovered that you can unbind without needing 3* characters, which honestly helps a lot because character level matters a ton.

Idoru

Oct 28, 2017
The title for the grindiest game still goes to either Granblue or Dragalia. Seriously considering stopping the latter.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
The title for the grindiest game still goes to either Granblue or Dragalia. Seriously considering stopping the latter.

FWIW Dragalia, I feel, is doing stuff right. The first big event with the fire dragon was terrible, but here I am with all the emblems done and many days left. They really lowered the number necessary while boosting the amount you get. Now I can spend time growing other characters or farming other events. Or, if I want, keep doing the event for more summon things to get items. I think that's great

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm taking it fairly handy with Epic 7. Has anyone seen a guide to efficient upgrading? I take it Penguins are for XP, Wolves are for using as "Star up" fodder and the thing I havent made yet is for skill ups?

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It was too much. I'm a GBF veteran and I saw where DL was headed and it's not a place I want to be. It's funny, I consider GBF to be the best of the gacha games (with OPTC) but stopped playing bc it's too much of a grind all the time. I see DL as very similar - DL does so many things right, so much better than others gacha. I should love it but the time commitment was just too much. Glad to hear it's better though. I miss the music.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont know if the delivery really works and the pacing can be weird but the story in Epic 7 has some surprisingly grim stuff. Which isnt too surprising I suppose considering the intro.

Trying to use Destinia as a tank but it isnt really working out. Might have her geared wrong though.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm trying Epic Seven, but I cleared 1-4 without needing to choose a name. I didn't think that was possible? This is my fourth or fifth re-roll up to 1-4 and I never got prompted once to input a name (and no, I didn't skip it since I manually read everything my first time around).

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
So I'm trying Epic Seven, but I cleared 1-4 without needing to choose a name. I didn't think that was possible? This is my fourth or fifth re-roll up to 1-4 and I never got prompted once to input a name (and no, I didn't skip it since I manually read everything my first time around).

What is your name in game. I noticed yesterday that you can actually click 1-4 after you have done 1-2 and change your name then (unique name) but obviously you need to clear 1-3 & 1-4.

My ign is Rixa8...
Rerolled and got water tank 5* from 1-4 and Ravi (fire warrior) from 1-10.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
What is your name in game. I noticed yesterday that you can actually click 1-4 after you have done 1-2 and change your name then (unique name) but obviously you need to clear 1-3 & 1-4.

My ign is Rixa8...
Rerolled and got water tank 5* from 1-4 and Ravi (fire warrior) from 1-10.
No in-game name yet, it's the default random number one they give you. I haven't settled on an account, still re-rolling for either Destiny or Ravi, whoever comes first. >_<

Edit: Eh, just got Sez. I'm not sure if I want to re-roll further for Destiny/Ravi, since I don't even know if I'm going to stick with the game. If it's a grind I'm not sure I even want to dedicate time to another of this type.

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Downloaded Epic 7 because it looks amazing.

Still very early and just started with the first 5* units i was able to get.

ID if anyone wants to add me.

Edit: Eh, just got Sez. I'm not sure if I want to re-roll further for Destiny/Ravi, since I don't even know if I'm going to stick with the game. If it's a grind I'm not sure I even want to dedicate time to another of this type.

I think he is the best reroll unit in the game....so unless you are ready to waste hours and more, you better stick with that account hah.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I think he is the best reroll unit in the game....so unless you are ready to waste hours and more, you better stick with that account hah.
I've read that, but honestly...I really like the design of Destiny and Ravi, especially Destiny, not to mention she's one of the best 5* healers in the game that will always be valuable. As with all gacha games, it's always best to go with your heart, and my heart is telling me to re-roll. So I'm a little undecided. :/

Regardless it's late so I won't do anything right now. I'll probably sleep on it and then decide, haha.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I've read that, but honestly...I really like the design of Destiny and Ravi, especially Destiny, not to mention she's one of the best 5* healers in the game that will always be valuable. As with all gacha games, it's always best to go with your heart, and my heart is telling me to re-roll. So I'm a little undecided. :/

Regardless it's late so I won't do anything right now. I'll probably sleep on it and then decide, haha.
True....i would keep the account but the units you listed are great as well. Destiny is boosted right now from what i can tell...so pulling her via re-rolls might not take that much time.

Whatever you decide to do....add me once you are ready :-D

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
True....i would keep the account but the units you listed are great as well. Destiny is boosted right now from what i can tell...so pulling her via re-rolls might not take that much time.

Whatever you decide to do....add me once you are ready :-D
Unfortunately she's only boosted on her individual banner and not the free 30 multi-pulls, so unless I want to re-roll during the initial seven or so single pulls (after 1-4) I'm not sure it matters a whole lot. It would be nice if I got her before the multi-pulls that way I could settle on ANY other 5* on my multi-pull section, but I'm not sure I'm lucky enough for that.

Regardless, once I settle (and decide whether this game is something I even want to put in the time with) I'll definitely add you and others here! :)

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Sey your friend helper units!

You can put more than one helper for friends and randoms to use for those friend points.

* Click Menu (Top right that 4 squares)
* Click Friends
* Supporter Managment

I've read that, but honestly...I really like the design of Destiny and Ravi,

These are my 5*. Tywin from 1-4 and Ravi from 1-10 summons
Screenshot_20181109-145707.png
Screenshot_20181109-145728.png
Screenshot_20181109-151147.png

Ravi is so badass with that huge double sided axe halberd (or whatever that weapon is called). Then using Mercedes (everyone gets it) and healer is Montmorancy as long as I find better or so (I need to give random Artifact to her and check if I got random eq drops).

My ID (nickname): Rixa8
Accepted yours Sasuke.

1-3 and 1-4 can also give random high rarity items and you can get Goblin Gate where you enter another room by clicking golden symbol and there is high rarity chest inside. This happened few times during my reroll sessions yesterday:

Screenshot_20181108-120554.png

Screenshot_20181108-120602.png

Screenshot_20181108-120841.png

No clue how rare Goblin Gates are, havent seen it happen after rerollings (I don't autoplay).

Last edited:

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I got two of those Goblin Gates during one of my 7 rerolls and I never saw a single one otherwise. Too bad I didn't get anything on that account, but tier 1 heroic items don't seem like they'd have lasted me long anyhow.

madstrike

Oct 25, 2017
Rerolled a bit more on the pc while playing on my phone and got a Destina+Ravi (+Karin+Tieria) account so yay.

About Goblin Gates ... i played my other account til chapter 5 and never saw one. Then i saw one on this new one during my road to 1-10 ...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Well I got Destina and Kiris at 1-4, now to hope I get something with my 30 free summons. Sez would be nice, but honestly I'll probably go with any other 5* (unless it's another Destina).

Edit: I got Charlotte on my first multi-summon. I still have 29 to go through, but I don't want to get greedy and not get another 5* character. She's a tank supposedly, so her along with Destiny would protect my melee/casters a lot.

She's ranked S+ on this website, which was updated in the early part of November.

http://epic7.gamekee.com/3565.html

Edit:

Eh, I went ahead and kept it. I know pushing for more tends to lead to disappoint and didn't want to regret things, so I took the safe approach. I don't have time to play the game today, but I'll get around to adding everyone who posted thier ID's here (and in the other Epic Seven thread) tomorrow!

Last edited:

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
So is E7 just a Dragon Blaze-esque game? Any co-op to it at all? What makes it special, visuals aside? Thanks!

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017
Been playing E7 on the side since it came out, some impressions:

- the rates are horrendous. I didn't feel like rerolling on the Destina banner but now I'm regretting it. Got Sez and that's it. 45 pulls on the Destina banner later and I didn't get a single 4* character, let alone a 5*. But it's fine, the free light healer kid you get from the lobby is great and there's some other useful 3* chars. Still hurts lol, I never played FGO but I guess the rates are similar? game definitely doesn't give you a lot of chances to play around with a lot of useful chars.

- again never having played FGO this came as a surprise, but this is basically a single player RPG? Not a whole lot of multiplayer stuff, and the competitive aspect is almost non existent. I have yet to see a great use of PvP, guess you get some good stuff in higher leagues? Dunno, but this makes the shitty rates hurt less. it is similar to Dragon Blaze, a game I have played for a short while, but I think this is better, at least for now, since the story is more involving and important, which brings me to my third point

- while the writing is typical anime crap, the world is very nice and lively. i appreciate the fact that there are towns with sidequests, game really reminds me of Legend of Mana with its fairy tale-esque approach to the characters and their side stories. you wander around, meet people in dungeons randomly and get tiny quests from them, not bad.

All in all, it's a nice game, but one you can play on the side without much investment, I can't imagine anyone whaling on this, unless they really want certain chars for the design or whatever.
It's definitely not replacing GBF as my number 1 gacha (although the game has been dead for a few months now, waiting on new high level content or anything new that's worth spending time on basically, fucking Dragalia Lost ruined everything lol), but it also won't replace my newest unexpected gacha favorite - Tales of Erin. The only bad thing about this game is the advertisement company they hired - they basically use artwork from other games to promote ToE (Granblue, Ys), which sucks and turns off a lot of people and started rumours about stealing assets from other games which are not true. Other than that, the game is superb. it takes A LOT of inspiration from Granblue, but streamlines it, while adding tons of new twerks that actually make the game better in a lot of aspects. The gacha is fair (3% rates for 5*, useful 4 stars, and you can buy 5 star chars once you collect enough currency from pulling), they're generous with gems, constant updates and new events (with good free 5* chars), and the guild/multiplayer aspect is great, game is as competitive as Granblue, but takes tons of less time to get good and start dealing with HL stuff, very convenient to play, you can auto the easier stuff, but harder content (even story missions) require manual play. Also, the JP version just got a BlazBlue collaboration event which lets you recruit 6 BB characters, hopefully it shows up in the global version, it should attract more people. Anyway, highly recommended, not as high budget as E7, but a much better game overall.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Something about the sprites in Tales of Erin make it look really bad. They feel like they're .MOV files on a transparent background. I don't know what it is, but I was immediately turned off when I played it.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Ensemble Stars, a male idol management game that was different because it has no rhythm gameplay, is coming out with a... rhythm game? It's unclear whether it's a new mode of a complete separate app.

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017
Something about the sprites in Tales of Erin make it look really bad. They feel like they're .MOV files on a transparent background. I don't know what it is, but I was immediately turned off when I played it.

No sprites in ToE, well, besides a few bosses, those are 3D models.
I like how the game looks, but I can see how some people might be put off.

darciisfyer

Oct 27, 2017
No sprites in ToE, well, besides a few bosses, those are 3D models.
I like how the game looks, but I can see how some people might be put off.

I'm liking ToE, very f2p friendly, 5* gifted to you up the wazoo just doing events and logins. The look is interesting, kind of like Guilty Gear's aesthetic of 3d models made to look like sprites. I was also really surprised to see a few side-scroller beat-em-up mechanics in the battle gameplay, don't see that too often.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying Epic7 so far, plan on playing it casually. Having really wierd luck, got Destina from the 30 Re roll thing, then was able to get three other 5 stars but they're all fire element which makes the team lopsided as hell.

Haven't been able to get a single 4-star hero besides the freebie either