• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
yes
and you can get infinite rolls as long as you keep sharing results in twitter or facebook
Nice!

Good thing I have a dedicated Facebook account purely for gacha games, haha.

Edit:

I found a tier list for the Japanese version of Destiny Child. I'm not sure if the stats and such will be the same for the Global version, but it's something to base our pulls on.

https://altema.jp/destinychild/charalist

I noticed one of the characters (Chang'e) has a 10 on Altema. She's cute too. Is she any good? Ideally I'd like to go for a neutral attribute, especially early on, but if she's as good as the site claims, I might just go for her.

Last edited:

caimu

Oct 27, 2017
Nice!

Good thing I have a dedicated Facebook account purely for gacha games, haha.

Edit:

I found a tier list for the Japanese version of Destiny Child. I'm not sure if the stats and such will be the same for the Global version, but it's something to base our pulls on.

https://altema.jp/destinychild/charalist

I noticed one of the characters (Chang'e) has a 10 on Altema. She's cute too. Is she any good? Ideally I'd like to go for a neutral attribute, especially early on, but if she's as good as the site claims, I might just go for her.
yes very good , she is a speed buffer
but i suggested dana or maat for survivability
there are a 4* choices to fill change's role -kinda- unlike dana or maat
you can also check the tier lists on this site made by Mnyiaa#3520 from the game's discord server

EDIT
forgot to say this is a tier list for the JP version which its stats and kits are going to be in the global version most likely
so a lot of the characters in the list are not going to be in the game at the launch

Last edited:

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
An unreleased english version was leaked today. Some people took pics.
95pBIx7.png

qNiiZr8.png
Wow, is it available somewhere ?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
yes very good , she is a speed buffer
but i suggested dana or maat for survivability
there are a 4* choices to fill change's role -kinda- unlike dana or maat
you can also check the tier lists on this site made by Mnyiaa#3520 from the game's discord server
Nice, thanks!

Edit: I got Chang'e! I had to use my secondary Facebook account since my primary was disabled by Facebook. I had my real photo, name, location, etc. tied to it, as well as my phone number and a secure password. I guess it wasn't enough. I'm not even going to bother reactivating it, as I hate Facebook anyway. I might try re-rolling and linking to a new Twitter account and leaving Facebook behind completely.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still going to avoid Facebook, I've had issues with them in the past and considering my real account is disabled while my numerous fake accounts (that I haven't logged into for several months) are still active, it's just not worth it. I'm going to make a Twitter account and make the switch now. I'll also switch over any bound gacha games on Facebook to something else (if I can).

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feels like theres no units on this tier list that arent 9 ;) That english tier list seems a lot less forgiving, got Eve who is one of the top, might leave it there for now

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I just found out that Kana Hanazawa voices Chang'e in Destiny Child. Well, I know who I'm keeping as my pre-registration target.

Yokho

Oct 23, 2018
Wait, Destiny Child is in japanese or english? Cuz the prereg link leads to LINE and thats not really a company used for glabal releases?...

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Another Eden english gameplay (Reminder that this was a leaked beta so it might be a bit away still) Both english voice and japanese, nice.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Another Eden looks really polished, given that there's no release date set yet.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Grand Chase looks really low budget. After DL and E7 I just can't go back to these low production value games.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing E7 a bit but the grind is turning me off. There's also nothing original in that game.

Destiny Child looks so wacky, stupid and stylish I might actually give it a shot.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even at 500 runs on those maps 5 months into playing the game and literally don't need to. Calling GFL remotely as grindy as E7 is comical.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
You play GFL, the game where you grind the same map 2k+ times lul.

If you want. I still don't drag or grind 0-2 and get along just fine, excel even.

At least GFL has a meta to work around and requires some degree of thought and interaction. You used to worry about silly things like JP favoritism and communication but the one has been disproved, and the other improved tremendously with a monthly QA, roadmaps, more active social media, etc...

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't it grindy during events though? I guess that's true for most of these games.

Destiny Child gameplay impressions seem pretty positive from what I've seen so I'm definitely willing to try it out. It oozes style and content.

Not particularly depending on if you want to clean out the shop or just focus on the event unit and some key items.

Black Thunder

Nov 1, 2017
Destiny Child is literally a game I set up on continuous auto-battle before I do laundry/take a shower. I wouldn't expect anything in terms of the battle system, but for me that's fine sometimes. "Big booby clicker game" is what I've affectionately thought of it as, but I do so having played it for over a year, without spending, and having a nice roster of limit broken 6 stars.

That's probably how they got me to stick around or re-install every few months/the following season: generous stamina handouts, plenty of shit to level up and other tasks to earn achievements for more stamina/pulls, regular seasonal events...For an interactive manga character gacha RPG, it's not bad. I guess the battle system being so simple serves that purpose well enough.

And having played Yakuza Online for a few days, I realize it's almost the exact same battle system...just in landscape mode (yuck) and with random weapons to use (tap, tap, tap = free bonus damage...no strategy) in-battle. So if you like the battle system of Destiny Child for some reason, you could pick that one up pretty easily. Some good music in there too.

Last edited:

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny Child is literally a game I set up on continuous auto-battle before I do laundry/take a shower. I wouldn't expect anything in terms of the battle system, but for me that's fine sometimes. "Big booby clicker game" is what I've affectionately thought of it as, but I do so having played it for over a year, without spending, and having a nice roster of limit broken 6 stars.

That's probably how they got me to stick around or re-install every few months/the following season: generous stamina handouts, plenty of shit to level up and other tasks to earn achievements for more stamina/pulls, regular seasonal events...For an interactive manga character gacha RPG, it's not bad. I guess the battle system being so simple serves that purpose well enough.

And having played Yakuza Online for a few days, I realize it's almost the exact same battle system...just in landscape mode (yuck) and with random weapons to use (tap, tap, tap = free bonus damage...no strategy) in-battle. So if you like the battle system of Destiny Child for some reason, you could pick that one up pretty easily. Some good music in there too.
Thanks for the impressions.

A bit of a bummer but seems decent enough to check out. How's the story mode?

Also is anyone going to try the Langrisser closed beta?

Black Thunder

Nov 1, 2017
I guess it's kinda like those shows with a seemingly normal teenage boy constantly being surrounded by sexy women, but ends up being more like their dad?

The event stories are kooky fun, like the beach volleyball stuff in the summer (before the Dead or Alive collabo), but I guess it will depend how they localize? There's a lot of banter between rival characters that gives them more personality, but could fall flat if it's just machine translated I guess.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, thanks again.

I'm more interested in serious stories which is why I like Girls' Frontline a lot. Granblue's is solid as well.
Seems like Destiny Child might not be up my alley after all but might still try it since it does look fun and unique at least.

Black Thunder

Nov 1, 2017
Hmm, thanks again.

I'm more interested in serious stories which is why I like Girls' Frontline a lot. Granblue's is solid as well.
Seems like Destiny Child might not be up my alley after all but might still try it since it does look fun and unique at least.
No worries.

I think it's an interesting marriage of Korean and Japanese mobile game development. But when I say it's a "character gacha", I feel it's mostly reliant on the designs and voices, rather than story.

Random question, but did anyone get into Gung Ho's last game card game Chrono Magia? I couldn't keep up with all the new cards I was pulling and gave up after about 2 characters in story mode...but it seemed surprisingly deep.

Sinople

Oct 27, 2017
Tri-Ace/Alim's new game Mist Gears released yesterday but I wasn't able to try it since it doesn't seem to work with Bluestacks.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
was just about to post about that mist gears
read the 1st 2 chapters of the manga, art style seems decent enough
seems like it's a huge project, it's novel + manga + game

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Trying out idola, the moment you boot up the game after you download everything you get a 10 pull already with a guaranteed 5 star (although it's an upgraded 3-4* star apparently), I'm looking if I should keep my room but i don't think there's an invested community in English and I'm not sure I'm gonna give much of a fuck of this game anyways

Also a weird thing this game does is that the main character's element (there's only four, fire, water and wind work like any regular gacha triangle and earth is standalone) is determined by your birthday, for example mine is fire.

The combat is fine, it uses a weird mana system that increases with every attack and you gain more if you do element advantage? Then you use that Mana for skills and the ultimate

Also characters have three other affinities: law, chaos and neutral, and have a lawful party and a chaotic party, where you can only use members of the correct affiliation, although you can switch it by using some kind of currency

Last edited:

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like IDOLA has triple gacha as well, reactions seem fairly mixed.

Seems to also be true of Grand Chase, which is coming out global today. Curious about impressions here.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like IDOLA has triple gacha as well, reactions seem fairly mixed.

Seems to also be true of Grand Chase, which is coming out global today. Curious about impressions here.
it's double gacha, but the second type of gacha has weapons and the wyrmprint/CE equivalent together. Also the rate for 5* characters is 2%, double what Dragalia and Fate have lol

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Interested in reactions to Grand Chase. The choppy animations look really awkward, but there seems to be a decent amount of hype for it (although I think of a lot of that is hangover from the old 2D game).

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I've just tried a bit of the JP version of Destiny Child. It honestly plays, sounds and looks pretty much like what I expected. I love the UI and music, the story seems fun and the gameplay, while shallow, does seem enjoyable. It also started me off with three 5*s which seemed insane, along with tons of other things like costumes and items I can't even categorize.

Definitely going to give this a try on global.

Oct 25, 2017
we seriously need more gacha stuff that runs 60fps. Seems to mostly be korean stuff. Is there any recent japanese ones with competent tech?