• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In many ways smooth menus and a good UI would be the "killer app" for a gacha game. I can't think of one that I'd say was better than ok.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Downloaded and tried out Grand Chase.

Yeah, I can't deal with the choppy animations. It's really off-putting. The audio is atrocious. Every time you change a menu on a hero they do their stupid laugh, and the sound effects are insane in combat. It's just PSHWHACKPSH all on top of eachother and it's deafening.

Gameplay-wise it's pretty clunky. It's tap to move, which is whatever, but you also drag skills to aim them. It feels bad.

Last edited:

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
http://www.warshipgirls.com/en/event2/index.html

Warship Girls is getting a global release in English, but nobody seems to know/talk about it lol. I'm half-way curious but don't see myself being pulled away from Girls Frontline tbh.

One thing I do like about Warship Girls though, is that at least at first glance, the artwork seems to feature much less loli bullshit compared to say Azur Lane.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Impressions from the beta seem very positive.

In other news, there's apparently a new FFBE coming - this one is a strategy RPG, even more competition for FEH next year?

CrazyHal

Nov 1, 2017
I have been playing with Sdorica Sunset for a while and I absolutely love it. It's the only gacha rpg that like. Here's why.

-No energy/stamina bar that prevents you from playing as much as you want

-No stupid amount of shit to upgrade. Characters are the only thing that you upgrade

-Deep combat with lots of different strategies to try out (Most mobile rpg's have overly simplistic combat)

-Every character plays a part in the main story

Of course there's also the beautiful art and soundtrack but that goes without saying. My only complain is that the English translation is a bit dodgy at times.

You can tell that Sdorica is made with love and passion and if it's ever shut down due to a lack of revenue, i'm losing all hope for mobile gacha games.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Just saw the english Another Eden video. Man, the game looks so damn good.

We still have no official release date, right?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently it was just taken down from the Google Play store a couple hours ago. Release might be imminent.

Edit: oh, Chrono beat me

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Still nothing for iOS in Canada (yes, I tried searching for Line Games but it's still not showing). Maybe in the morning, the servers aren't live yet anyway and I'm kind of busy tonight. :/

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
So for Destiny Child, is there no guest account system ? Do you have to login through SNS to play it... ?

Edit : well, found out on Reddit that there is a guest login option, but only for iOS users...

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Man, glad I'm on iOS then. That sucks for you Android people. :/

Anyway, I found the game on my iOS store. I was an idiot and searching under "Line Corporation" and not "Line Games". That explains it, haha. I'm heading to sleep shortly, but will re-roll later today. Hopefully the servers have settled by then. At least names aren't unique in this one.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I had Quest Account option for android, after clicking it got some authentication error but game loaded.. Not sure if Quest acco works or not, trying it now.

Raspada

Oct 27, 2017
Got Lan Fei for the initial 5 star summon, which is ok, but I managed to get Chang'e through the 5-star ticket they gave us, which seems to be top tier. With that and the Dana from the share gacha (once they fix the issues with that), I think I should be good to go for a while.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, it sounds like we get a nice number of 5* starting out. Great stuff!

Raspada

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, and it looks like we get rewarded another 5-star ticket once we complete all the tutorial achievements, so it looks like everyone can possibly get at least 4 5-star units starting out.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
You get 3 5* on start. First fixed pull is 5* (random) I got T9 Mafdet from there
Then I got one from claimin stuff.
Then I pulled one from completing Tutorial missions (very easy, basically game shows what to do).
Multipull gave 3x4* but 0 5*. Rate seems to be 3.5%. You can do 3x 300000 gold multipull per day for chance to get 5* :P.

Tierlist: http://destiny.us-east-2.elasticbeanstalk.com/childs/5stars/sort_by/tier

JP Tierlist https://altema.jp/destinychild/saikyo
^^
I think we have JP version.

Hopefully that webpage thing starts to work so I can get T10 from there and be happy without rerolling.
https://global.destiny-child.com/event/sharegacha

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, this all sounds so good. I'm excited to give it a try later today.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Oh man, this all sounds so good. I'm excited to give it a try later today.
I cant unlink account or Delete Account either. That is with Google / Android. I went in with Guest account. By looking at JP tierlist, I don't have so great units anymore lol. Oh well I go what I ahve and grab that high tier unit from webpage if it starts to work.

caimu

Oct 27, 2017
how to reroll on DC global
shout out to Envy#0069 and The Pork Meister#9054 on the game's discord for the method

read before watching the video
delete the game data only and not everything in case you have other games saved
and its apparently once every 24hrs if you delete the game file only

Last edited:

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
Romancing Saga Re;Universe is out, and it's soooo good.
If you liked Final Fantasy: Record Keeper, it's worth a try.
Only in JP though.

Some random gameplay:

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't think I could be arsed re-rolling in Destinys Child. Ideally you'd want a top tier unit from the free online gacha, then one from your tutorial guaranteed 5* and then one from the launch bonus ticket. After that they seem to throw a fair few 5* tickets at you for doing basic stuff so really the quest for a "perfect" re-roll would never end. Got Chang'e (well, Sunny Chang'e who I assume is the same character?) from the launch bonus ticket and some random giant boobed unit from the tutorial pull. Going to go with that I think.

Last edited:

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah you can basically start the game with 4 guaranteed 5*s. I got Dana through the share gacha. Her, Maat and Chang'e are referred to as the holy trinity and the top priorities for rerolling as they are the best tank/healer/speed buffer respectively.

We seem to have gotten a hybrid of JP/KR and it's ridiculously generous. We have JP 5* base rate (3%) but also a gold summon with 3 chances per day that also has 5*s in the pool. That's insane. JP doesn't have either this or the Mileage system which is basically pity% but done right. We also get more crystals through daily tasks (900) so you could do a 10x summon every three days if you wanted, but with JP rates, on top of the gold summon.

In addition, our blood gem summon is cheaper than JP by 30 which is quite significant, and JP doesn't have Scarlet Collection so I assume they don't have the Attribute Child summon ticket. I don't know much about KR except for the 0.9% rate, skills being different (ours is based on JP), and more currency being given out than on JP but man our version is just ludicrously generous from what I can discern. The more I think about it the dumber it gets.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had to abandon my original account when I got Mafdet from the while rolling on my phone on the way home. Got Dana with the second 5* ticket and Chang'e from the share gacha. Ha, in a moment of chilling self assessment I have to admit I often spend more time re-rolling on these games than I do playing them.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I re-rolled a few times in Destiny Child. I got Chang'e on my first summon and then Epona with my ticket (I read she can kind of be used as a healer?). Then, on my free daily I got another 5* but she's not the best (Elizabeth). She's useful for raids apparently and she's a neutral attacker, so she'll be fine until I get someone stronger. I have both Dana and Maat saved with the share campaign and I was aiming for two of the top three (Dana, Maat and Chang'e), so now I need to decide who to go with. I'll probably go with Dana, as Epona can heal a bit.

Sinople

Oct 27, 2017
Romancing Saga Re;Universe is out, and it's soooo good.
If you liked Final Fantasy: Record Keeper, it's worth a try.
Only in JP though.

Some random gameplay:

I was pretty excited as a SaGa fan but it freezes during the intro battle for me. I assume it's an issue with Bluestacks whose compatibility has been less than stellar for recent games: can't run Dissidia Opera Omnia, Star Ocean, Wild Arms, Mist Gears and now RS.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The story for Destiny Child reminds me a bit of Persona, the way the "dungeons" are set up. Basically you enter the mind of someone having real-life issues, face whatever demons are there, and gain a new ally.

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
are some chars buffed in jp or why is a tier8 a ss ?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
are some chars buffed in jp or why is a tier8 a ss ?
Just different tier lists. From what I can see our version is the same as the Japanese release, so if you're looking at tier lists make sure it doesn't apply to the Korean version as the Japanese one differs with characters' skills.

Last edited:

Sinople

Oct 27, 2017
I was pretty excited as a SaGa fan but it freezes during the intro battle for me. I assume it's an issue with Bluestacks whose compatibility has been less than stellar for recent games: can't run Dissidia Opera Omnia, Star Ocean, Wild Arms, Mist Gears and now RS.
Well, I take that back. I changed the graphic mode from OpenGL to Direct X and it worked!
Got SS Hector, Michael and Barbara. I think I'll go with that.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I re-rolled in Destiny Child for fun, and managed Chang'e on my tutorial pull and Maat from the gift ticket. I still have the final tutorial summon ticket left, as well as my Share choice. I just need to wait for them to fix Twitter so I can actually share and pull until I manage Dana, then I'll have the holy trinity.

Worth the couple hours I spent while watching online streams!

Edit: I got Thanatos with the final tutorial ticket. At least he's an attacker, which I needed. Now just need to exchange for Dana from the Share campaign and I can settle in.

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Now just need to exchange for Dana from the Share campaign and I can settle in
I went in with FB and shared (once btw) results for myself (change from settings so that no one else sees the results). Then rolled and ended to Dana. Grabbed it, linked account to Facebook and now Iam wondering when the hell I get Dana to my mailbox.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I went in with FB and shared (once btw) results for myself (change from settings so that no one else sees the results). Then rolled and ended to Dana. Grabbed it, linked account to Facebook and now Iam wondering when the hell I get Dana to my mailbox.
You need to go back to the Share campaign website, log in with the social media that has your preferred pull saved to it, click the claim button, and fill out the required information to have it sent to your mailbox. The account you link the game with and the one used in the Share campaign don't matter. I don't even have an option to link the game data to Twitter (which I'm using for my rolls) in-game, haha.

Wait, what is the share thing and how do I do it?
Here you go.

https://global.destiny-child.com/event/sharegacha