• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, incredible surprised with Destiny Child, I really dig the persona like aesthetitcs, the rates are nice (got a 5 star in my second pull) and the fact that the music comes from Esti is a big plus, I really love this game

If anyone makes an OT, the tagline should be I'm a survivor

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, incredible surprised with Destiny Child, I really dig the persona like aesthetitcs, the rates are nice (got a 5 star in my second pull) and the fact that the music comes from Esti is a big plus, I really love this game

There seems to be Google doc guide for beginners:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i2QdxNofFT_1af65s3hKTJMeQr_E0vTMXsju02MH6z8/edit#

Been reading it somewhat and it seems rate in Korea (when game was launched) for 5* was 0.9%.
google doc said:
Reportedly, the normal chance of pulling a 5★ from these banners is 0.9%. Good luck!

Global has 3.5% or something like that.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you! Ended up going with Dana!
Excellent choice!

Yeah, I'm pretty impressed as well. I'm kind of enjoying the story more than I thought I would, and the music is definitely nice. Gameplay is kind of "set and forget" so far, but I'm sure things will advance later on requiring a bit more thought (or maybe not). Regardless, it's pretty and requires so little time-investment for the dailies, I'll definitely keep it around and see how it develops! The Global version seems to be extremely generous so far, and the translation is better than I imagined it would be too. It's very polished all around.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wow the global version is censored? I'm shocked, not because I hate it, but rather, because the game already is risky as hell, I can't imagine how the uncensored game would look besides being full hentai

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wow the global version is censored? I'm shocked, not because I hate it, but rather, because the game already is risky as hell, I can't imagine how the uncensored game would look besides being full hentai
Yeah, I'm normally against censorship but after seeing what the original version looked like...I can see why they did what they did, there's no way it'd be released on mobile devices otherwise. There's rumors of them possibly releasing a PC/uncensored version, as they did in Japan, but nothing has been confirmed yet.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
The Global version seems to be extremely generous so far, and the translation is better than I imagined it would be too. It's very polished all around.

I made one multi yesterday, didnt get 5*. But I will keep my gems I get for future.
Future = Expecting us to get christmas limited(?) banner.

I want some units who wear Santa Hats ;)

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
btw, Dana was my first 5 star summon, is cool that I already got a top tier character

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I made one multi yesterday, didnt get 5*. But I will keep my gems I get for future.
Future = Expecting us to get christmas limited(?) banner.

I want some units who wear Santa Hats ;)
Given the design of the female characters, probably little more than just the hat, haha.

But yeah, I'm a fan of seasonal/limited banners too. Here's hoping! I'm definitely going to save as well, mostly because I don't need to pull much else. Dana/Maat/Chang'e (and Thanatos, but he's not exactly top-tier) will basically carry me through early story content.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Given the design of the female characters, probably little more than just the hat, haha.

But yeah, I'm a fan of seasonal/limited banners too. Here's hoping! I'm definitely going to save as well, mostly because I don't need to pull much else. Filler characters and Dana/Maat/Chang'e will basically carry me through early story content.

I noticed that I have 2 tanks, 1 support 1 attacker as 5*. Definitely need healer or well I need to look up how good / bad freebie story 3* healer unit Bluffing Demeter is. She is now in my party cause no other healer.

Units as 5* I have now:
- Dana (Light Defender)
- Dreaming Naias (Water Supporter)
- Harmony Medb (Fire Attacker)
- Zooming Mars (Water Defender)

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Demeter seems really awful for me already, I have no other healer and her drive skill is the only one that makes an actual difference.

Anyway didn't Chrono want to make an OT? We might have enough interest here for one.

I could also consider making an Era Discord if you guys are up for it.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Best way to level up your childs? I heard that you can sent those which you are not using to explore, but I can't find that option

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
I've been having a lot of fun with Destiny Child, I got Elizabeth from the share gacha (I know she's not top tier but I looove her design), Chang'e from the tutorial pull, Dana from the gold gacha, and Lan Fei and Medb from tickets. I'm surprised at how generous the game has been and I haven't even spent a single crystal! (I'm saving for the dead or alive collab :) )

Yokho

Oct 23, 2018
What's the sequence of all this including the share bonus?

1- Roll with guest account until I get The pulls I want with tutorial pull and gift ticket
2- Login to https://global.destiny-child.com/event/sharegacha with either FB or Twitter to play the gacha game until I get the unit I want and THEN share it until I get the 4th one I want?

Did I get that right?

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so while there is no OT yet I see that there is some demand so I at least made a Discord server so we can help each other out and have a repository of guides and friend IDs. Feel free to join!

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
so i rerolled and just got chang'e + maris. should i still take dana or eve/maat from the share event?

Oct 25, 2017
You get 3 5* on start. First fixed pull is 5* (random) I got T9 Mafdet from there
Then I got one from claimin stuff.
Then I pulled one from completing Tutorial missions (very easy, basically game shows what to do).
Multipull gave 3x4* but 0 5*. Rate seems to be 3.5%. You can do 3x 300000 gold multipull per day for chance to get 5* :P.

Tierlist: http://destiny.us-east-2.elasticbeanstalk.com/childs/5stars/sort_by/tier

JP Tierlist https://altema.jp/destinychild/saikyo
^^
I think we have JP version.

Hopefully that webpage thing starts to work so I can get T10 from there and be happy without rerolling.
https://global.destiny-child.com/event/sharegacha

I tried all those steps and yet I failed to get a 5* from any Tier 9-10. So, I deleted my account from Destiny Child's setting and I had to wait for 7 days to sign in again. :\

And that's not all, the dialog also said that I can cancel the request anytime within 168 hours. Although it's still unclear as what the dialog meant by that.

Just to be clear, I'm an iPhone user btw.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I tried all those steps and yet I failed to get a 5* from any Tier 9-10. So, I deleted my account from Destiny Child's setting and I had to wait for 7 days to sign in again. :\

And that's not all, the dialog also said that I can cancel the request anytime within 168 hours. Although it's still unclear as what the dialog meant by that.

I haven't tried the rerolling thing but I think that's about cancelling your account deletion.

I never reroll and just try to get by with what I get but I acknowledge others put a lot more stock into starting with top tier units.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Demeter seems really awful for me already, I have no other healer and her drive skill is the only one that makes an actual difference.

Anyway didn't Chrono want to make an OT? We might have enough interest here for one.

I could also consider making an Era Discord if you guys are up for it.
I never mentioned interest in making an OT, maybe you had me confused with someone else? I would like one though, but at least we have here to talk about it a bit!

I've been having a lot of fun with Destiny Child, I got Elizabeth from the share gacha (I know she's not top tier but I looove her design), Chang'e from the tutorial pull, Dana from the gold gacha, and Lan Fei and Medb from tickets. I'm surprised at how generous the game has been and I haven't even spent a single crystal! (I'm saving for the dead or alive collab :) )
That's some insane luck. The game is indeed generous, really great stuff.

What's the sequence of all this including the share bonus?

1- Roll with guest account until I get The pulls I want with tutorial pull and gift ticket
2- Login to https://global.destiny-child.com/event/sharegacha with either FB or Twitter to play the gacha game until I get the unit I want and THEN share it until I get the 4th one I want?

Did I get that right?
You can do step two whenever, just be sure not to transfer the child until you settle on an account. Most will likely do the re-rolls in-game first and then do the Share gacha, to pick the one they didn't manage to get through their re-roll or the one to best compliment their setup.

so i rerolled and just got chang'e + maris. should i still take dana or eve/maat from the share event?
That's a difficult choice. I'd go for either Dana or Maat, you can't lose with either. Maybe Dana as she's likely to find use in more content than Maat (since you don't need a healer for everything, especially with Dana's shields), but Maat will be very useful for raids. Flip a coin if you can't decide, or just follow your heart.

Edit: Thought about it some more, go with Dana IMO.

The only way to continue to re-roll on iOS is to completely uninstall and reinstall the game, because of the timer lockout when deleting guest accounts. You do need to install all of the data each time which kind of sucks, but you can choose low-res sprites and no voices to speed up the process and install them later when you get an account you want. The install is a bit lengthy, but at least you get a lot of 5* pulls out of each new account (three, if you do all of the tutorial stuff) and only take a couple of minutes to do it all.

Last edited:

Raspada

Oct 27, 2017
So there's something weird with one of my characters. I have Berit, a 3* healer on my team, and it seems his drive skill pops up way earlier than the others (at 87%) which is weird because I thought those skills are only usable when the drive skill gauge is at 100%?

Does it have something to do with how he's only 3* or that he's a healer?

Here's the team I have for context:

Berit (3*)
LanFei (5*)
Chang'e (5*)
Dana (5*)
Elizabeth (5*)

Oct 25, 2017
I
The only way to continue to re-roll on iOS is to completely uninstall and reinstall the game, because of the timer lockout when deleting guest accounts. You do need to install all of the data each time which kind of sucks, but you can choose low-res sprites and no voices to speed up the process and install them later when you get an account you want. The install is a bit lengthy, but at least you get a lot of 5* pulls out of each new account (three, if you do all of the tutorial stuff) and only take a couple of minutes to do it all.

Ok, I will do that. However, I registered with Game Center so is it fine for me to re-roll with that account?

Hm, apparently it cannot unlinked with GC. :\ Should i go ahead for guest account?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I will do that. However, I registered with Game Center so is it fine for me to re-roll with that account?

Hm, apparently it cannot unlinked with GC. :\ Should i go ahead for guest account?
I think you can unlink your Game Center account but I don't believe it can be done after deleting your account. You could try uninstalling, reinstalling, logging into your Game Center account on the start up screen and then unlinking, if you really want to bind it to Game Center. I'm not sure what happens when you link your account to something and then delete it, and whether it stays linked to it or not. Otherwise you could just try one of the other binding options. I went with LINE personally (since I hate Facebook), but will probably bind it to Game Center as well now that I've settled, just to make it extra secure.

Last edited:

Raspada

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone explain how the targeting system works? It just seems like the game just randomly chooses targets to attack, and I'm not really sure what decides how long we stay on that target. I assume there's no manual way to target enemies?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone explain how the targeting system works? It just seems like the game just randomly chooses targets to attack, and I'm not really sure what decides how long we stay on that target. I assume there's no manual way to target enemies?
I'd like to know this too. I really hope there's a way to manually target specific characters but I haven't found anything yet.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there's a targeting system. If you look at the characters' skills they say who they target(enemy with lowest HP, highest ATK etc$

Roman

Oct 25, 2017

Pretty sure it's random but many Childs target specific enemies (weak attribute, highest Atk, lowest HP etc).
I never mentioned interest in making an OT, maybe you had me confused with someone else? I would like one though, but at least we have here to talk about it a bit!

That's unfortunate. Well as I've mentioned before I've at least made a Discord for this game where we could discuss making an OT.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Servers are already shut down.

Honestly, I want to be excited but the way they've treated Tales fans in the past? I don't know how they expect people to be interested in this. I want to try it out, since I love the Tales series, but I also don't want to be disappointed again when they close the servers for the Global version six months into it. :/

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone found any tier lists for 3* units in Destiny Child or an idea of which ones to keep/enhance?

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently these here with the flower are worth keeping:
IwXz37A.jpg

I'd take it with a grain of salt though, you could probably use anyone to a decent degree especially if you have duplicates for uncapping. I'm using Freyja unironically including in PvP because I really needed a Wood attacker and had nothing else, and she's obliterating all the Eves/Mars/Chang'e "meta" picks people are just blindly slapping on.

edit: I've been told the imgur image doesn't show up properly so here is a link.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
DC pulls have been scarily nice for me. Went with a Hermes/Eve reroll. Accidentally did the broadcasted 10 pull and got Dana. Newbie 5* ticket got me Chang'e. Sharegacha'd Maat in the initial 3 rolls they give you .
Waifu team is a go. Looks nice!

I just wish there was a way other than dupes to raise your skill beyond 10. :/

This is really strange but apparently it works if you remove the s in https?
That does work! Strangely enough. Thanks.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
How is PvP working out for you guys? I'm in Bronze III, bordering on IV. It's very challenging but fun.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't focused too much on PVP right now, just basically doing what I need for my dailies. I need to level up my characters/equipment first, before I start doing it seriously.

The gold gacha is great, though. I just got a 5* from it, that being a dupe Dana. It would have been nice to get a 5* I didn't have (especially since I only have four of them and can't run a full 5* team right now), but I won't complain with a duplicate of Dana. At least I can make herself and her skills more powerful now.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
How do you guys get that much gold to do the gacha 2-3 times per day?
The later gold dungeons give a lot, but you need to unlock them first.

I haven't done 2-3 daily yet, but I'm getting to the point where I can do two, with those daily dungeons as well as all of the tasks I complete.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I don't do it more than once a day, and probably even less going forward, because evolution costs insane amounts (300k gold to turn 3* into 4*).

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Once I build up my teams a bit I'll probably hold back on using gold to summon as well, but right now? I need to fill that roster! I do need to focus on Mona, Davi and Lisa though, as all three are apparently amazing at 6*.