• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I've heard re-rolling in Another Eden isn't exactly painless (it takes a nice amount of time before you hit the summon portion) and there's no dialogue skip feature. It was implented later on in the Japanese version, so if we launch with that feature it should make it a bit faster. At least data isn't tied to your device like Langrisser is, so we shouldn't have to worry there. I'm not sure how many pulls new accounts will get, though.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty well-regarded in Japan, so assuming the translation is good, the same should apply here. Aside from that, we just have to hope the Global version is equally as generous.

I hope they have good units or good rates...
Yeah, here's hoping. I think it's 3% (IIRC) for 5* characters in the Japan version, so that's pretty good. I hear healers are pretty important early on, so I'll try to re-roll for one of those (assuming I can). I'm just worried this will be one of those games where we get 1-2 pulls per re-roll...

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Another Eden? What is so special about it? From the one video I've watched it looks like FFBE minus the spritework?

Is it because of the writer involved? Masato Kato.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Another Eden? What is so special about it? From the one video I've watched it looks like FFBE minus the spritework?

Is it because of the writer involved? Masato Kato.
It's basically a well-made mobile JRPG that you can play for free (with gacha elements) that's continually updated. The fact that Masato Kato and Yasunori Mitsuda (both of Chrono Trigger fame) are among the cast certainly adds to it. There's a lot of vocal talent in the game too, though not everything is voiced.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
This game gets weirder and weirder:

Met this guy today..

oTN8Acv.jpg

...and yes, the leaf animates over his crotch.

It's basically a well-made mobile JRPG that you can play for free (with gacha elements) that's continually updated. The fact that Masato Kato and Yasunori Mitsuda (both of Chrono Trigger fame) are among the cast certainly adds to it. There's a lot of vocal talent in the game too, though not everything is voiced.
Ahh ok~ sounds good

Icarian

May 9, 2018
Bummer that I couldn't pre-register for Another Eden's bonus... what was the bonus again?

Also, is there a wiki for the game? I don't know if I'll bother rerolling since it's purely a single player game, but if there's a character I like I might try a few times.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Woot! Got Leon in Langrisser :D Already got Bernhardt too so things are looking great. Will wait for an SSR healer banner to summon again

Oct 25, 2017
Also, is there a wiki for the game? I don't know if I'll bother rerolling since it's purely a single player game, but if there's a character I like I might try a few times.
It can be reroll in one account, however you gonna have to get through with turtorials first because the game is unskippable. According to Reddit, the repetition is taking around 30 minutes or less for each playthrough to get reroll.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
First Langrisser account, I pull the same SR hero twice in a row from two tensummons. Second Langrisser account, I pull the same SR hero twice in a row from two tensummons. Now I am done with Langrisser. My gacha has luck always has been trash, but I am running low on patience.

On another note, I am saddened I cannot preregister for Another Eden as a europleb.

Wishy-Washy

Nov 26, 2017
Is the Pre-registration reward one of those ones that are available to every player or only ones those who participated? They mentioned liking Facebook and following on Twitter as ways of Pre-Registring, but it also mentions "will be awarded to all participants.", so I'm wondering which it is.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Another Eden had appeared in the Play Store sometime before for me, so I preregistered. Now that it's out it tells me it's not compatible with my device (probably because of region)... at least the apk works. Would suck to miss the pre-reg rewards tho, I hope everyone gets it.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
Is the Pre-registration reward one of those ones that are available to every player or only ones those who participated? They mentioned liking Facebook and following on Twitter as ways of Pre-Registring, but it also mentions "will be awarded to all participants.", so I'm wondering which it is.
Another Eden had appeared in the Play Store sometime before for me, so I preregistered. Now that it's out it tells me it's not compatible with my device (probably because of region)... at least the apk works. Would suck to miss the pre-reg rewards tho, I hope everyone gets it.
Everyone starting should get her in the mail.
Don't worry too much about that free character though.
She's in the gacha, and if you do stick to the game for a while, you'll often pull every same 4* available.

Wishy-Washy

Nov 26, 2017
Funny thing is that I tried the Japanese version today to get a feel of the game to see if I like it, and at the moment on the Japanese version the ticket we use for the first pull is a selection one, and she was the character I choose to get without me knowing that she was the Pre-registration bonus for the English version.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
There's a game similar to Honkai Impact 3 that's apparently been soft-launched. It's called "Blank City", and looks like it might be fun. No idea when it officially launches though, I'll have to do some research.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm enjoying the gameplay of Langrisser but the artstyle is a huge turnoff for me and I dunno if I'll stick around much longer. The big-head chibi characters with the creepy wandering eyes makes me not even wanna look at the units. Obviously the portrait art is great, but the units I just cannot ignore. FEH did chibi much better.

Am I alone on this?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
There's a game similar to Honkai Impact 3 that's apparently been soft-launched. It's called "Blank City", and looks like it might be fun. No idea when it officially launches though, I'll have to do some research.

Holy shit. That looks almost exactly like honkai impact. But the animations look janky in comparison. Maybe the fps seems low?

I like this artstyle better than honkai though. Honkai is too overly designed. They look like they wear normalish stuff.

Will keep an eye out for it. Love action RPGs.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm enjoying the gameplay of Langrisser but the artstyle is a huge turnoff for me
That was one of the main reasons I dropped it almost immediately. It looks like a flash game. They look like they were drawn on paper. Or like Mr game and watch if he had color. Ya know? Like if they were seen from an angle, they'd disappear because they are paper thin.

Yokho

Oct 23, 2018

I dont see it in the canadian iOS store, how did you get your hands on it?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I dont see it in the canadian iOS store, how did you get your hands on it?
It's in soft launch, so it's not available everywhere just yet. I'm on iOS, so I can't play it at all (outside of an emulator), but it is released on Android in some regions. If it's not available here in Canada, you could always download the APK from somewhere and it should work.

Chromax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
So what's happening with Honkai Impact? Was there a big update that ended the story and people are waiting for a sequel? I'm guessing it's not a great time to jump in.

Daitokuji

Oct 27, 2017
I ended up getting to account level 20 with Langrisser and gave up on it. Once you unlock the training mode and a bunch of other stuff, it turns into a typical grindy gacha. I do think it's much better than FEH though. Now I'm onto Another Eden and just like with Langrisser, at the beginning it feels like a legit non-gacha game. (Note: I'm not a huge gacha fan so take my reviews with a grain of salt)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I ended up getting to account level 20 with Langrisser and gave up on it. Once you unlock the training mode and a bunch of other stuff, it turns into a typical grindy gacha. I do think it's much better than FEH though. Now I'm onto Another Eden and just like with Langrisser, at the beginning it feels like a legit non-gacha game. (Note: I'm not a huge gacha fan so take my reviews with a grain of salt)
With Another Eden, those feelings probably won't change. It legit ISN'T a traditional gacha game, more like a single-player JRPG with a gacha feature tacked on.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoy Langrisser's gameplay but it feels like doing dailies will use almost all your stamina and then you have just enough to do a tidy bit of progression. It feels super slow and it's kinda frustrating. Also people really need to stop to auto everything in coop...

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Got the Langrisser apk, the gameplay is good but it quickly becomes extremely grindy, especially because of its ridiculous level-gated progression system.

That and the abysmal summon rates will probably make it hard for this game to have much of a future. It does have some embarassing female character art to entice that kind of public, but there's really no point if people can't summon them anyway.

Also, I restarted on a different server since I hit the level gate on my main one and didn't feel like grinding, but we don't get the free SSR on the new server, so that's a shame. I think i'll drop this game.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
How is Another Eden?
Depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for a jRPG with really non-intrusive gacha elements, it's pretty good. Really feels like a SNES/PS1 jRPG. If you're looking for a gacha game to invest yourself in and play new events every week, it's definitely not that.

I play it like I would any portable RPG.

Daitokuji

Oct 27, 2017
So the shop and material systems work the same as Etrian Odyssey? You find materials or get them from monsters, you sell them for gold and to unlock new ones at the shop and you use gold to buy/sell new ones?

Edit: Oh looks like even after you unlock them you still need the materials to buy.

Last edited:

A421

Jan 8, 2018
I'm really enjoying the game, decided to throw some cash and pulled Shion.

I really appreciate how they are handling the gacha elements and the character designs got me interested in their individual stories.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really tempted to do the guarantee, but it's a little over $30 CDN which is a bit much for a random chance. But then, I pay that for my guaranteed pulls in F/GO, but that's from a franchise I love with characters I really enjoy. I basically know no one here, outside of the ones that joined me so far through the story.

Raspada

Oct 27, 2017
Used the 5-star ticket from the Snow Miku event in DC and finally got Maat. Now I got 3 of the top-tier characters (Maat, Chang'e, and Dana). Feels like I don't really need to pull much anymore. Maybe for an Eve banner, but other than that, I haven't felt a need to do any of the banners.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the new Miku event on DC is a bit trash and kinda rushed... Dice event with meh rewards, a step-up summon that doesn't change the rates at all and just gives you tickets, a skin locked under the devil pass...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't want to post it here since I know we got some flak for constant DC talk, but it really is horrible. The "step-ups" are a joke compared to the KR/JP versions, with no increase on Snow Miku for each step with the only benefit being the occasional 3/4* and 4/5* (let's be honest, it's going to be a 3* and 4* ticket). No reduction in gems spent per step either, and it seem like the entire pool is in there and only a 1.5% chance to pull Snow Miku with each multi. :/

Eh, I might pass on this. If the game starts to go in the P2P direction, I'll just drop it. I love DC but there are plenty of other gacha games out there to occupy my time if LINE Games start to get greedy with the Global version. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they change things, but I'm not entirely confident of that.