• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I was just about to post this...

The DC community is already leaving a lot of negative threads about various aspects of this update - Leda skin being behind Devil Pass (it's 2000 crystals on the JP skin shop), the step-up being comically less generous than on JP, no free Princess Snow Miku (JP gets one).

Maybe they regret the free gold they've given out? Either way this is awful. At least they've demonstrated they can listen to the community so being loud helps.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for a jRPG with really non-intrusive gacha elements, it's pretty good. Really feels like a SNES/PS1 jRPG. If you're looking for a gacha game to invest yourself in and play new events every week, it's definitely not that.

I play it like I would any portable RPG.

Exactly how I see it. I haven't played a traditional JRPG in years, but I'm loving this one.

DeejayDoom

Oct 25, 2017
I was just about to post this...

The DC community is already leaving a lot of negative threads about various aspects of this update - Leda skin being behind Devil Pass (it's 2000 crystals on the JP skin shop), the step-up being comically less generous than on JP, no free Princess Snow Miku (JP gets one).

Maybe they regret the free gold they've given out? Either way this is awful. At least they've demonstrated they can listen to the community so being loud helps.

I mean, they're also comically less generous there with crystals. We get 950 from dailies, while they get 250, and they don't get crystals from leveling characters, friend gacha or getting a double, triple or quadra in normal gacha. At max rank in pvp they get something like 700 crystals, while i'm getting almost 4.000 at Gold III. Also you can't get 5* with the gold gacha in JP.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, they're also comically less generous there with crystals. We get 950 from dailies, while they get 250, and they don't get crystals from leveling characters, friend gacha or getting a double, triple or quadra in normal gacha. At max rank in pvp they get something like 700 crystals, while i'm getting almost 4.000 at Gold III. Also you can't get 5* with the gold gacha in JP.
yeah, global is a weird mix of jp schedule and kr progression

Laice

Oct 27, 2017
some people alway complain that something is pay2win comapred to another versison of agame even if they didnt even play said version.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I actually did play the JP version and know about the lower amount of crystals.

However, JP gets Princess Miku tickets from their Para-dice event, the Leda skin is purchasable for just 1760 crystals rather than money, their pulls are also cheaper (1900) and their individual rate for Miku on the step up is higher - 2% on step 5, 1.5% on step 6 but the tenth child of that is 100% a 5* and 50% a banner Child.

Last edited:

Laice

Oct 27, 2017
I actually did play the JP version and know about the lower amount of crystals.

However, JP gets Princess Miku tickets from their Para-dice event, the Leda skin is purchasable for crystals rather than just money, their pulls are also cheaper (1900) and their individual rate for Miku on the step up is higher - 2% on step 5, 1.5% on step 6 but the tenth child of that is 100% a 5* and 50% a banner Child.
yeah their pulls are cheaper but they also get less gems for daily mission and as league rewards.
the step up is indeed a frace in global through.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I gave Langrisser another shot and have been greatly enjoying the game this time around. There is a strategic layer present you won't find in most gacha games. The initial first impression was dreadful, but none of that remains for me now. It's a great little game.

Meanwhile, Another Eden bored me five or so minutes in. Something about it feels stale, and the lack of autobattle only makes it worse.

Laice

Oct 27, 2017
I gave Langrisser another shot and have been greatly enjoying the game this time around. There is a strategic layer present you won't find in most gacha games. The initial first impression was dreadful, but none of that remains for me now. It's a great little game.

Meanwhile, Another Eden bored me five or so minutes in. Something about it feels stale, and the lack of autobattle only makes it worse.
well another eden is more of an single player old school jrpg then a gacha game.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
well another eden is more of an single player old school jrpg then a gacha game.

I tend to ignore multiplayer aspects of gacha games. Those mostly boil down to PvP, and I see more frustration born out of that than joy. So that's not really a factor for me. Another Eden simply did not grab me.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Langrisser didn't grab me, and Another Eden definitely felt more polished but more like a regular game, heavvvvvy story and not enough combat. And I gave it a good two hours or so.

Is there anything else on the global horizon in the next few months? Or is everything far off?

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Langrisser didn't grab me, and Another Eden definitely felt more polished but more like a regular game, heavvvvvy story and not enough combat. And I gave it a good two hours or so.

Is there anything else on the global horizon in the next few months? Or is everything far off?
SinoAlice is probably the closest one, though we don't know when exactly. Valkyrie Anatomia is coming this spring as well, and I would expect Tales of Crestoria to show up soon too.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the DC talk, but apparently we DO get Snow Miku for free (from the missions). Of course I learned of this after I did a few multi-pulls. :/

Oh well, I guess she'll be at +1 now.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody complaining about DC needs to come try honkai Impact. I promise you will stop complaining about drop rates and generosity almost immediately.

Now that's a stingy ass game.

Also, does anyone else know what the new Miku's stats/skills are? I've been trying to Google search her, but can't find her info anywhere. Trying to see if she is worth the crystals I've been saving. I already have the other two versions of her and they are garbage.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody complaining about DC needs to come try honkai Impact. I promise you will stop complaining about drop rates and generosity almost immediately.

Now that's a stingy ass game.

Also, does anyone else know what the new Miku's stats/skills are? I've been trying to Google search her, but can't find her info anywhere. Trying to see if she is worth the crystals I've been saving. I already have the other two versions of her and they are garbage.

There is somewhat of a wiki here. She's good for world boss (a long time away), solid for Ragna (most likely very soon) and otherwise not really useful.

Oct 25, 2017
In Langrisser, I have passed lvl 25 so I can finally join in guild. Iirc, there was already set up in this thread, so what name was that?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I was about to give up on Langrisser if my Liana multi-pulls didn't go well. After five multi-pulls without an SSR, I got both Liana and Lana (both sisters!) in the same multi-pull. Nice! I still have around four or so multi-pull saved, maybe I'll actually try for Leon now (I really wanted Liana, and Lana was an amazing bonus). They also added a Twitter binding option which is great...if I didn't already have it linked to Facebook! Hopefully they add the ability to bind to multiple sources, as I don't really feel secure with just Facebook. :/

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I was about to give up on Langrisser if my Liana multi-pulls didn't go well. After five multi-pulls without an SSR, I got both Liana and Lana (both sisters!) in the same multi-pull. Nice! I still have around four or so multi-pull saved, maybe I'll actually try for Leon now (I really wanted Liana, and Lana was an amazing bonus). They also added a Twitter binding option which is great...if I didn't already have it linked to Facebook! Hopefully they add the ability to bind to multiple sources, as I don't really feel secure with just Facebook. :/

What an incredible pull! Congrats!

Man, I really struggle with the level requirements. There is no way to gain more than two levels a day without spending cash.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
What an incredible pull! Congrats!

Man, I really struggle with the level requirements. There is no way to gain more than two levels a day without spending cash.
Thanks, I was happy enough to see Liana, needless to say when Lana appeared I was ecstatic. I wanted her too but didn't want to try the Lana/Bozel banner since I already have Bozel, so now I don't have to. I do regret taking Bozel down the single target (middle) path, but at least I'll have his passive for when I switch to his AOE/debuff path.

And yeah, player rank is a slog in the later levels, and with character levels tied to it, it's really slow. I have so many EXP vials to use but I can't since all of my useful characters are capped. Well, I could level a few SR I guess, but even that shouldn't take long. I guess it's their way of gating content so you don't over-level too fast, but it's definitely longer than I would like.

Edit: Tried for Leon, failed with Leon. I guess it all balances out, haha.

Last edited:

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I only play this casually because I'm busy with grinding for Arctic Warfare ranking but I got Lana on my first multipull. \o/

Tried for Liana too and failed but I can't really complain at that point.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I only play this casually because I'm busy with grinding for Arctic Warfare ranking but I got Lana on my first multipull. \o/

Tried for Liana too and failed but I can't really complain at that point.
Nice, congrats to you. I need a staff for her, don't even have a 1/2* to equip her with since my only staff is healing, so it's equipped to Liana. :/

Feb 25, 2018
I'm starting to lose interest in DC, might just drop it soon. Got a bunch of 5* but I think I've got everything I can out of this game.

Chromax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017

Congrats, I believe that's the best mage and healer in the game even on the Asia server atm. I know someone that spent like 20k USD on this game already that made some crazy teams with them and just dominate arena all day.

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats, I believe that's the best mage and healer in the game even on the Asia server atm. I know someone that spent like 20k USD on this game already that made some crazy teams with them and just dominate arena all day.
Thanks. Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the pulls. I'm still missing out on the "core" members for faction teams, but I'll get there. Both Liana and Lana (specifically Liana) seem so valuable, as healers usually are (plus she also acts as a "dancer"). I'll probably run her with every team. The fact that they're both sisters and I got them in the same multi (Lana wasn't even on rate-up on Liana's banner) made it all the more exciting.

FINALLY! Now I can change my Nintendo region back to Canada and make IAP!

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, DC is kinda getting on the easy side so I'm slowly losing interest. Need to see that raid stuff before I make a decision.

I realize it is supposed to be a passive and relaxing gacha game but this is too easy.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
If you're playing Langrisser, do youself a favor and spend equipment points on the SR or SSR enchantments. I've gotten absolutely bonkers boots like +11% HP.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I HATE how in DC the damn Devil Pass missions keep popping up as completed, despite me not having the Devil Pass. It makes it really confusing when I finish the missions that I can and knowing which ones I can/can't claim. Also, that pop-up asking me to spend that appears virtually every time I open the Devil Pass pane to access my completed missions. I get that they want me to spend, and that's fine, but they don't have to be so obnoxious about it.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I HATE how in DC the damn Devil Pass missions keep popping up as completed, despite me not having the Devil Pass. It makes it really confusing when I finish the missions that I can and knowing which ones I can/can't claim. Also, that pop-up asking me to spend that appears virtually every time I open the Devil Pass pane to access my completed missions. I get that they want me to spend, and that's fine, but they don't have to be so obnoxious about it.

It's not even working, the game is floundering hard on both store's charts. People might be more willing to pay if the prices were more palpable and the pass was more generous but they aren't and it isn't so nobody is spending.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
I see the Langrisser guild is full, whenever there's some space i'd like to join! I'm Menex in the game.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
There's so much to do in Langrisser, it's a bit overwhelming. I'm just going to take things slow.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh, I do think there is a problem with too many gacha games competing for time now.