• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Man I can barely keep up with one gacha, and two for me is pushing it. How some of you do four or more, I'll never know.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I quit Idola today, it's a fun game but I need to make space for new gachas, might check it out again in a few months or if an english version comes out. Installed Langrisser for the third time and probably the last (until i end up quitting in a few months at least), i'll just ignore the gacha and just pull on focus banners and special banners with more rate if they're ever a thing (still think not having the rates viewable is insane)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Man I can barely keep up with one gacha, and two for me is pushing it. How some of you do four or more, I'll never know.
I'm thinking of cutting back on a few, it's just become too much. The only ones that are truly safe for me are Fate Grand Order and Dragalia Lost. I'm not sure what I'll do with the rest, but I definitely need to cut back. I'd honestly be playing Another Eden more, but I can't since all of the timed events in the other gacha games I play consume all of my free time so I have none left to spend there. Langrisser is a lot of fun, but I have a feeling that it's going to be one of those games that demand A LOT of your time with grinding everything. :/

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
You will be when you hitting at level 30 and you don't have to rush thing though.
Yeah, I'm still working through the Time Rift and completing the story mode content. I really need some better weapons/armor, but the later Goddess Trials that drop them are locked until I increase my level more. One day at a time, I suppose.

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
I mean there's lots of stuff to do in Langrisser, but you can also just full dump energy to instantly sweep farm missions. The ramp to power up seems really long but lots of that is time gated by profile level, which goes up the most from the daily quests. Compared to other recent games it feels very respectful to player time, which is something I have become increasingly sensitive to.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I mean there's lots of stuff to do in Langrisser, but you can also just full dump energy to instantly sweep farm missions. The ramp to power up seems really long but lots of that is time gated by profile level, which goes up the most from the daily quests. Compared to other recent games it feels very respectful to player time, which is something I have become increasingly sensitive to.
I just hate how you can't sweep the daily dungeons (Aniki's Gym, Goddess Trials, etc.). But yes, sweeping is definitely appreciated for when I need to dump all of my stamina at once.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Langrisser is indeed a bit too time intensive and lately I've only been logging in because I'm busy grinding machine gun teams for GFL Arctic Warfare ranking.

Destiny Child has barely anything going on right now except for spending some stamina while I sleep and autobattling some dungeons for half an hour which isn't exactly engaging. I enjoy the story but we haven't had anything new of it since launch.

At times like these it's also good for me that FEH has generally very little or nothing to do (despite it currently celebrating its 2nd anniversary...yeah that speaks for itself). That's basically the extent of what I'm playing right now. Once I'm done with AW ranking and gotten the red envelope skin I'll cut back on GFL for a while until the next content update.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017

I do think there there need to be more gacha games in a secondary gacha (I think fire emblem heroes is good for something like this) or go for the another eden concept.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
The funny thing is there are 50 members in limit and only 8-10 of us, including me, are in active.

There is a timer that shows when person has been last time active, thus Iam actively kicking people that are many days since last login. For example Iam prolly sleeping when you are online. So kinda hard to be active same time when guild has people around the Globe. At the moment guild has nothing to do. Pay real money for guild and then there is no purpose for guild. Waiting for the future, paying for now :P

ByteCulture

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

I can only play one and even looked into Langrisser. But Langrisser is missing something for me. Dont know what. So deleted it again.

Only playing Epic7 now. Its the first gacha where i really do much more. Already setting up my 6 Star Team and working on some stuff for the newly updated Guild Wars. I really enjoy planning my stuff in Epic7.

But even one is almost impossible for me sometimes with GF and our own company

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
When I made a second account for Langrisser after bad initial pulls, I was a couple hours late for the free SSR Dieharte. Nonetheless, I pushed on. Had the same SR pull in two 10-pulls in a row again, and quit. But then I came back, and have pulled Ledin and earned Cherie since, and only just pulled Liana. More luck in this game in a week than I have had in Epic Seven in four months.

I'm trying out the Aion gacha game right now.

There is an Aion gacha game??

Yokho

Oct 23, 2018
Is there a place where we can "search" for other OT's? (Looking for final fantasy dissidia OT)

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I tried that but it doesnt single out the specific OT topics. I saw a post depicting all the upcoming OT threads and thought there is probably one that sums up all the existing ones but maybe thats not true...

Well, nevermind, found it in the 2nd page of title results: https://www.resetera.com/threads/di...mnia-ot-3d-gacha-wait-come-back.19750/page-64
Narrowing the results to titles only and typing "Game Name + OT" will get you there every time. :)

Oct 25, 2017
In Langrisser, which is the best class for Egbert? Summoner, Archmage, or General? Cuz my guild is taking too long to answer.

Apparently I found out it can be swap back to another class after mastered, so nvm that.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
*gets a free tenfold voucher in Dragalia Lost due to Chinese New Year*

Thanks, Cygames!

*gets a single summon voucher in Langrisser due to Chinese New Year*

Thanks...Zlongames?

It's ironic that a Japanese developer (CyGames) celebrated the Chinese New Year more generously than an actual Chinese company. :/

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
*gets a free tenfold voucher in Dragalia Lost due to Chinese New Year*

Thanks, Cygames!

Thanks...Zlongames?

It's ironic that a Japanese developer (CyGames) celebrated the Chinese New Year more generously than an actual Chinese company. :/

Yup other gets 10 summons and other gets one and pull rates are same for both games right? :).
Granted there is equipment summon banner in Langrisser but for F2P there is no need to use it.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yup other gets 10 summons and other gets one and pull rates are same for both games right? :).
Granted there is equipment summon banner in Langrisser but for F2P there is no need to use it.
Rates are 4% in Dragalia Lost, but that's split between adventurers, dragons, and wyrmprints. What really matters (adventurers and dragons) are indeed a 2% chance, but at least the rates improve a bit with each summon without a 5*, up until you're guaranteed one. Granted you'll probably get that pity rate broken by a wyrmprint before it comes to that, but at least it's something.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but the difference between CyGames and Zlongames (and other gacha developers, to be honest) is staggering. Regardless of what you think of DL, they definitely treat their customers/players well.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but the difference between CyGames and Zlongames (and other gacha developers, to be honest) is staggering. Regardless of what you think of DL, they definitely treat their customers/players well.

Oh yea it is. I know Cygaes pours free summons alot. So does Gumi, we get a lot of tickets and premium currency to pull in BE but there are other shitty things in FF:BE (like needing 2x base 5* unit etc).

Oct 25, 2017
Been curious how the android/ios quality of apps gap has ever improved. Always felt like Japan never gives a damn about android and throws out barely playable stuff haha.

Still think a year old iPhone x still smokes most Android flagships in terms of load times for many gacha games, in which load times are pretty important, especially for unoptimized android games that get booted out of memory even on 8gb ram phones.

At least another eden seems to load quick enough, supports 18:9 screens and runs at 60fps. Can't believe it's not a Korean game or something!

dimb

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks...Zlongames?

They literally just gave away two free SSRs in Langrisser and you can get a third from the event today. A ten summon in DL means almost nothing, and pretending Cygames are hyper benevolent is super weird when the gacha is extremely unfriendly in their newest release.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
I think Langrisser is pretty generous regarding pulls honestly. It's their stamina system I hate. Now at lv 35 where I have to farm Time Rifts for upgrading my classes, I can just sweep a few times a day and then I have to wait. I still do the dailies, but I cannot do anything else. I wish they had some monthly sub which would give more stamina.

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody else playing Grand Chase?

*Raises hand*
I think Langrisser is pretty generous regarding pulls honestly. It's their stamina system I hate. Now at lv 35 where I have to farm Time Rifts for upgrading my classes, I can just sweep a few times a day and then I have to wait. I still do the dailies, but I cannot do anything else. I wish they had some monthly sub which would give more stamina.

Langrisser is a fairly new and it just came out last week and yeah, I hope they fix stamina because it feels depletely fast.

Laice

Oct 27, 2017
i would recomend anyone who is somewhat into games like azure lane/GIrls Frontline/Kancole to try out stella maiden. its quite a nice and generous game.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
They literally just gave away two free SSRs in Langrisser and you can get a third from the event today. A ten summon in DL means almost nothing, and pretending Cygames are hyper benevolent is super weird when the gacha is extremely unfriendly in their newest release.

Not sure how well you can base off general generosity of a game solely on its launch week, considering anyone who starts Langrisser now isn't going to get those two free SSRs, one of which was an apology for botching the pre-registration. DL gave out 3 tenfolds and thousands of Wyrmite for a New Years login bonus in January, and literally just implemented giving everyone who starts the game a free launch SSR while everyone else got a 5* summon voucher. Gachas are inherently predatory, but looking at what each dev gave specifically for Chinese New Year, I don't see how you can say one pull is as generous as a ten-pull.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
DL gave out 3 tenfolds and thousands of Wyrmite for a New Years login bonus in January, and literally just implemented giving everyone who starts the game a free launch SSR while everyone else got a 5* summon voucher. Gachas are inherently predatory, but looking at what each dev gave specifically for Chinese New Year, I don't see how you can say one pull is as generous as a ten-pull.
but DL has one of the most horrible gacha pools, with three type of items in it.
Of course they need to be generous, with all the crap you get. Same goes for GBF.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
DL truly has the most awful kind of gacha. By the time I quit the game, I had pulled various 5* wyrmprints and a dragon, but not a single unit. It was absolutely infuriating to see a rainbow turn into a wyrmprint time and time again, and pulling the highest rarity of something should not be.

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
I mean of course nobody has insight into Langrisser as a long term game, but the developer has been responsive and expedient. They have out tons of stuff and aren't obligated to give CNY rewards because the company is based in Hong Kong. Nothing about what Cygames does is generous when a ten roll is so worthless in that game. I don't need the mega shills coming out of the woodwork to try to dig in on other gacha either.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
They sort of do. $10 a month gives an immediate payout of 300 crystals and then another 50 daily. Assuming you have self restraint and don't blow them on summons, that's 45 extra crystal based stamina recharges per month which would be ~5400exp @ 120 stamina/exp per recharge. Add to that a 10% exp boost for the month and you'd have a pretty healthy boost to progression.

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, it got kind of spicy in here huh?

Cygames IS in fact pretty generous. Dragalia's got a real rotten gacha but their other games are just as generous at baseline and more so in the case of Granblue (crystals, uncapping items, other bullshit.) and I'm not sure how disagreeing makes someone a shill lol.

It'll be interesting to see how Langrisser pans out in terms of how generous it is. It's impossible to say at the moment because they're still in the honeymoon phase where they're handing stuff out. Give it six months and we'll see where it stands.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
If a company gives out one million pulls, but their SSR rate is 0.0001%, is that generous? If you need five dupes of a unit to be useful, but they give out a lot of currency, is that automatically generous?

That's what people are talking about.

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got Olga in Destiny Child, I needed a debuffer for my team so badly, haha.

EDIT: Haha, I got another Hestia and Thanatos. This drop rate is ridiculously simple, really.

Last edited:

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing about what Cygames does is generous when a ten roll is so worthless in that game. I don't need the mega shills coming out of the woodwork to try to dig in on other gacha either.

They might be shit in Dragalia, couldn't say. But they are fairly generous in GBF. Though I suppose there's no point responding as you're clearly not interested in discussing anything considering you've preemptively labelled anyone who disagrees wit you a "mega shill".

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
They sort of do. $10 a month gives an immediate payout of 300 crystals and then another 50 daily. Assuming you have self restraint and don't blow them on summons, that's 45 extra crystal based stamina recharges per month which would be ~5400exp @ 120 stamina/exp per recharge. Add to that a 10% exp boost for the month and you'd have a pretty healthy boost to progression.

Oh right didn't see that pack. Kinda tempted as I really enjoy the gameplay and wanna play a bit more each day. Might try it for one month and see how it goes. Hardest part will be not to pull.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
To talk positively about Langrisser, since I do genuinely like the game, it actually plays decently well gacha-less for the most part. I played the game only utilizing Friendship summons and free units, and I didn't feel too hampered. I REALLY like the gameplay, and like 90% of the systems. It plays like a legitimate SRPG, and the free/friendship summon characters felt usable. Outside of some small annoyances like having some points tied to purchases for the event to get Cherie or how special purchase deals are considered "events" right next to login rewards, the only thing I personally don't like is how the World Event level scaling works.

This probably won't bug most people, but I got into a situation where because I leveled right before a World Event to get a summon voucher/trinity crystals, I actually couldn't complete it because they were just too powerful for my level. It was the one with all female SRs/SSRs, and I spent a good 2 hours retrying and failing because every enemy unit was capable of one-shotting my units. I didn't feel like I was screwed because I was gacha-less, but because the system chose that level to scale the enemies to me, and it would have been a cakewalk if I hadn't leveled beforehand, which felt really backwards. I understand not wanting content to feel trivial, but without a choice to scale down world events for less rewards, this can happen sometimes and it's a real feels bad moment for someone who generally likes grinding levels to get stronger in RPGs. Having a hoard of exp pots I couldn't use also didn't help.

Aside from that single system, everything else is great though. Really, the biggest reason I dropped it is because Dota Auto Chess has devoured almost all my free time so I just can't juggle three gachas at the moment.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I am so sorry I spurred all of this, I didn't mean any ill-intent. I play Langrisser (albeit more occasionally) so it's not as though I'm bad-mouthing the game or anything, I just found it interesting with the difference in New Years login rewards. :/

DeejayDoom

Oct 25, 2017
The real Langrisser starts at level 35, when you need to build your team around the faction buff. That's also the point where some people will drop the game, once they realize that you will have to play with the initial characters (plus Cherie, if you got her) if you don't have especific SSR's from X faction, and bench, maybe, a character you like. This isn't necessarily bad, because that faction is still totally viable (and Cherie is probably the second best DPS in the game) and eventually you can branch into other factions, once you get the characters, or continue with the initial one, but adding some SSR's.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah not really a fan of that faction element as I'll be leaving Leon and Ledin on the side for a while. Gotta build a Princess team as I have everyone for it except for Lana. At least I like the princesses too and they gave us Sonya who can replace Leon.