• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I managed to log in as a guest.... well, I cannot really recommend this. Pretty rough production values, and a horrible translation to boot it off. Deleted.

ORr-Acle

Feb 5, 2019
Hi Everyone,

My name is Yuriy and I work at BlueStacks. A few weeks ago we released a feature to do live translation on any game inside BlueStacks from the game language to your system language. So if you're playing Puzzles and Dragons in Japanese but speak only English, just press the shortcut (CTRL + ALT + L) and it will translate the screen from Japanese to English.

Here's a short video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wHwX5LTWcQ

In short, just press CTRL + ALT + L in any version of Bluestacks above 4.40 and you will see the translation overlay.

We shared this with the Gacha Gaming community on Reddit and so far they've had some great feedback - https://www.reddit.com/r/gachagaming/comments/alx2m8/moderator_translation_feature_being_tested_in/

Please don't interpret this as some shilly #hailcorporate pitch. It's not something we've promoted widely as it's still in testing. We have some basic content about it but no big push. That's because we want to get more feedback from you guys and improve this before taking it to prime time.

That said, there are some obvious benefits and some clear drawbacks. The translation is shown in an overlay so any action that's happening behind the overlay cannot be seen. This is best for story content, menus, and onscreen text when you're not at risk of losing.

All feedback is welcome. Also, if this is an inappropriate post, I am very sorry, I just wanted to share this with you guys.

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
Hi Everyone,

My name is Yuriy and I work at BlueStacks. A few weeks ago we released a feature to do live translation on any game inside BlueStacks from the game language to your system language. So if you're playing Puzzles and Dragons in Japanese but speak only English, just press the shortcut (CTRL + ALT + L) and it will translate the screen from Japanese to English.

In short, just press CTRL + ALT + L in any version of Bluestacks above 4.40 and you will see the translation overlay.

We shared this with the Gacha Gaming community on Reddit and so far they've had some great feedback - https://www.reddit.com/r/gachagaming/comments/alx2m8/moderator_translation_feature_being_tested_in/

Please don't interpret this as some shilly #hailcorporate pitch. It's not something we've promoted widely as it's still in testing. We have some basic content about it but no big push. That's because we want to get more feedback from you guys and improve this before taking it to prime time.

That said, there are some obvious benefits and some clear drawbacks. The translation is shown in an overlay so any action that's happening behind the overlay cannot be seen. This is best for story content, menus, and onscreen text when you're not at risk of losing.

All feedback is welcome. Also, if this is an inappropriate post, I am very sorry, I just wanted to share this with you guys.

This is an insane undertaking and could be a pretty big deal. Woah.

Oct 25, 2017
Hi Everyone,

The big question is how good is your security? I kept hearing the words that BlueStacks valuable to 3rd party and/or hackers. I was wondering if that's true or not? Thanks.

ORr-Acle

Feb 5, 2019
The big question is how good is your security? I kept hearing the words that BlueStacks valuable to 3rd party and/or hackers. I was wondering if that's true or not? Thanks.

Hey there, thank you for sharing your concerns. What I can tell you without sounding shilly is that:

1) We do not monitor, sell, transmit, share, or otherwise monetize your data. That's not our business model and you can read all about what we collect and don't collect here - https://www.bluestacks.com/terms-and-privacy.html

2) Our founder's backgrounds are entirely security software =) Our CEO, for instance, was CTO at Mcafee prior to BlueStacks - https://www.linkedin.com/in/rosensharma/. More concrete steps we take to protect your data - we turn off by default any ability for ADB access to BlueStacks. This prevents 3rd party software from accessing the host (your computer) and the guest (BlueStacks). We also make sure that any data-in-motion is encrypted end-to-end.

Hope this helps alleviate some of your concerns. For the most part, unlike other foreign actors in this space, we'd like to think our backing from Intel, Qualcomm, Samsung, AMD, and many other top technology companies lends us some legitimacy. That said, seeing the direction some legitimate companies have gone in the recent past, I can see how concerns can still exist.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Alright, I managed to log in as a guest.... well, I cannot really recommend this. Pretty rough production values, and a horrible translation to boot it off. Deleted.

I did test this.
Avoid the game, its bad, English translation is awful.

Rerolled for one better hero (rerolling took about 3mins per reroll).
Unique names: Eventually my ingame name was Rixa32 (rates do suck).
Then grinded (a lot of grinding actually) til I could do first multi, 8% chance in multipull to get those better units. Obviously I had none, deleted the game.

Translation from Korea to English sucks badly. Its like done in ancient Babelfish translator by Altavista. Typical Korea kusoge that is bad and grindy.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Final Blade is poop.

Valkyrie Profile is three years behind.

Another Eden doesn't allow multiple devices.

SinoAlice has woofbad gameplay.

Gacha gaming is dead.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Brown Dust is suddenly up for pre-registration on tons of global Google Play stores, here the US page. It doesn't seem to be up for iOS yet.

I've played the SEA version for a while, which is fully in English. I don't expect this to be everyone's cup of tea because it's slow and methodical, but it's definitely interesting.

Basically you assign your units positions and turn order on a grid and then let the battle play out automatically. It gets very difficult later on.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
More old kusoge
I did read that this should head to global this week, but it seems global is SEA:

They did rename it: https://www.facebook.com/ClashOfKnightsNWZ

Reddit info from CBT 12/2018

...Finger Knights..?
24d63d805fd3df55-600x338.jpg

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Final Blade's out on Global, anyone tried it? I like the artstyle so I'll give it a try.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm inclined to quit Destiny Child after Valentine's Day banner for real. I mean, that game has good potential but the next banner is pretty bland in my eyes.

PSA: If you're still play Grand Summoners, you can summon 80 units everyday UNTIL you choose one:

Since I saw another post about this, let's all come together and post currently running events in games we play!

Grand Summoners:

x2 Login Bonus Feb 3 - ???
Forever Summons! Summon from 80+ Units EVERYDAY until you choose one! Feb 7 - April 1
GS Crystal Lotto! Chance to win up to 1000x crystals! Randomly get 50/100/1000 crystals only once. Feb 7 - Feb 14
Summoners Lotto 2: Spin to win up to 100 summons a day! Starts Feb 21
TenSura (That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime) Collab Starts Feb 14
1 comment

Plus Brown Dust and VP's pre-reg are available on Google Play now. iOS is still underway.

Credit from r/gachagaming

Last edited:

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Downloaded Clash of Knights and it just keeps saying "Failed to create user"?, anyone else have the issue?

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Downloaded Clash of Knights and it just keeps saying "Failed to create user"?, anyone else have the issue?
Apk (from apkpure) worked fine.
Edit: Downloaded it to second phone, I was wondering why no tutorial battle and then I noticed I have same account now on both phones. No clue what ties it (Google play?).

Maybe there was small maintenance when you tried.

CoK FB said:
A new update for Clash of Knights is available now!

■ Details: Game Build Stabilization
-Corrected the issue with Customer Inquiry being in Korean.
-Changed the EXP Booster icon.
We will do our best to provide you with a better gaming environment.
Thank you!

This it the tutorial pull I got. Either comments are from CBT or/and its fixed pull.

Screenshot_20190212-150353.png
Screenshot_20190212-150403.png

Last edited:

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Brown Dust leans a bit heavy into the waifu aesthetic, but I do like the artstyle. I'll give that one a shot.

Yokho

Oct 23, 2018
Apk (from apkpure) worked fine.
Edit: Downloaded it to second phone, I was wondering why no tutorial battle and then I noticed I have same account now on both phones. No clue what ties it (Google play?).

Maybe there was small maintenance when you tried.

This it the tutorial pull I got. Either comments are from CBT or/and its fixed pull.

Screenshot_20190212-150353.png
Screenshot_20190212-150403.png

I got her too so, fixed pull.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Yeah, I decided to give Langrisser another go now that I'm not having 20+ hour Auto Chess-play sessions, and it's been quite a good time. I'm pleasantly surprised how well I'm doing only using the story characters and R rarity units, which is great. I want to reach endgame this way before spending any money, since I go full whale for gachas I'm invested in. So far though, the gameplay's been great and I'm feeling confident I can make it.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Langrisser's real grind starts around lv 40+. I'm at a point where I have to farm Anikis gyms if I want my units to have a chance of survival. It's kinda weird cause Maps are either too easy or too hard where I'm at. Hopefully this won't last for too long.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
As long as it's not literally impossible to do given enough grind, I'm okay with that. Gacha games are pretty inherently grindy anyway. I find the gameplay loop pretty compelling, to the point where I'm now looking forward to Three Houses more and recently started Wargroove because it's re-vitalized my interest in SRPGs. Also hope they localize those Langrisser remakes eventually.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed Langrisser a good deal, but somehow fell out of love with it over night. Just couldn't muster the will to do the same daily routine until I run out of energy again. The repetition suddenly was too much.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still enjoying Langrisser, but holy fuck, once you reach LVL 35 its basically a different game entirely. Also, is there no OT for it?

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, mid 30's is where it ramped up for me, still can't get Clash of Knights to work, even after the 1003 update, am sad :(

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
You get a huge powerspike at 35 with class upgrades and the legion buff, availible on both Grenier for Legion of Glory folks and Matthew for Protagonists, if you didn't pull rarer units with them. It requires a bit of team building, but it's incredibly potent.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't reached that point yet because I've only had time to play it very casually but I have indeed heard that around level 35 the game starts expecting you to have faction buffs and spikes in difficulty so players who invested into a wild mix of characters either have to reconsider their team or quit out of frustration.

The game would probably benefit if it communicated the importance of faction buffs earlier on - the mechanic isn't really empathized enough (at all?) considering its importance.

As for there not being an OT, the regulars here seemed too grossed out by the launch debacle to make one I guess.

Anyway it looks like Brown Dust is aiming to release on March 7 for both Android and iOS.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I agree it ought to be better communicated. The only reason I was basically completely set for level 35+ is because I read a guide about it ahead of time and planned out what my team would look like, so I farmed the necessary resources to promote Grenier as soon as he hit 35. On one hand it makes team building stricter, on the other it makes R-rarity and story characters more viable and have niches even compared to SSRs.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I agree it ought to be better communicated. The only reason I was basically completely set for level 35+ is because I read a guide about it ahead of time and planned out what my team would look like, so I farmed the necessary resources to promote Grenier as soon as he hit 35. On one hand it makes team building stricter, on the other it makes R-rarity and story characters more viable and have niches even compared to SSRs.
I feel like it's something I've missed completely, so a link to that guide would be appreciated.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I feel like it's something I've missed completely, so a link to that guide would be appreciated.

Sure, I read this Reddit guide. It goes really in-depth on the faction buffs and team building. My team is Grenier (Buff Leader), Jessica (DPS), Amelda (Healer), Aaron (Tank) and Matthew (DPS/Flex) since I wanted to only utilize free and R-rarity characters, and it's been working out well.

Deleted member 49574

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2018
Norway
Nexon 2019 Pipeline

The following Mobile games will be released in the west

Durango: Wild Lands
Final Fantasy XI R²

AxE
LYN: The Lightbringer
OVERHIT
Magia
SINoAlice
Revisions Next Stage
Dave The Diver

kxOgAjz.jpg

Last edited:

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Opening movie for that Disgaea RPG is out

I hope the game is at least decent. Already saving for the Zetta gacha.