• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
What's the purpose of dupes in this? I had a double Foxy draw before, which I discarded. But I have to wonder.

You need dupes to upgrade their skill rank which is extremely important because at +3/+6/+9 it either adds new effects to skills or unlocks entire new ones that have a massive impact.

Skill levels are ultimately essential later on for most (especially lower than 5*) units to be viable.
That's why skill books are so highly valuable - they replace dupes.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Foxy and Lilian from the free 5* tickets. Had I gotten one more 5*, I might just have bitten.

You need dupes to upgrade their skill rank which is extremely important because at +3/+6/+9 it either adds new effects to skills or unlocks entire new ones that have a massive impact.

Skill levels are ultimately essential later on for most (especially lower than 5*) units to be viable.
That's why skill books are so highly valuable - they replace dupes.

With these rates, upgrading skills seems to be a pain in the ass.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, seems I already missed a free ten pull then. :(

I'll have to make sure to have my account up and running before 2PM tomorrow then!

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Just got Seir, but no other good unit. Think I will keep on pulling...
Edit: Hold up, reset? We still get the 20x premium scrolls though?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It's up to you, but I'm going to settle for Seir when I re-roll, even if she's my only 5*.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I never reroll out of principle because I'd rather make do with what I have. You can get Seir with Mileage eventually if you're that desperate but I think it's also important to make sure you like the game first before you reroll for literal days.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I think we get a free multi-pull per day during the launch period, but I'm not sure if the launch from this morning to reset counted as a full day or not. If it didn't, you guys might have gotten an extra free pull out of it!

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
With these rates, upgrading skills seems to be a pain in the ass.

That's where the time gating of this game comes in. In the Honor Shop you can buy even 5* Skill Books but only 2 a month, as well as Legend Skill Books. Even whales rely on these because it's total insanity to try to pull 10 dupes off-banner even for most of them, so we suffer together.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
roman wants me to shill the auto repeat feature

so im gonna shill the auto repeat feature

its fantastic

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Even if its just once, I would recommend spending 300 crystals to buy the EXP pack. You can get several 5* above level 50 all at once.

Oct 25, 2017
I got Sier and Dwen in one 10-pulls, another pull was Foxy.
So i'm gonna to keep both Sier and Foxy until I get another 5* in the end of first chapter, hopefully I get either S rank or A and I'm set.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Don't give up! You'll get her!
Thanks, I'm still at it. :)

Edit: Finally got Seir, with the other 5* being Kaina. She's cute but doesn't seem to be overly good or anything, but I might just stop here (since it took me a while to get Seir herself).

Last edited:
OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Disgaea RPG supposedly releasing this month in Japan.

Doesn't mention that it has gacha implemented so it might not be a mobage game. Points out that it's a single player rpg as well.. Information is vague as of now. But looking at it, it can run similar to another eden which I'm assuming it is since it's free to download.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I've never played SE's gacha games. Assuming it is a gacha, how good/bad are they? I did enjoy Octopath quite a bit so this peaks my interest.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't mention that it has gacha implemented so it might not be a mobage game. Points out that it's a single player rpg as well.. Information is vague as of now. But looking at it, it can run similar to another eden which I'm assuming it is since it's free to download.
Yeah, I was thinking it might be like Another Eden, definitely sounds like it.

I've never played SE's gacha games. Assuming it is a gacha, how good/bad are they? I did enjoy Octopath quite a bit so this peaks my interest.
Most of the ones from them I've played weren't handled by SE but other companies (Gumi for FFBE, and Dena for FFRK). Considering Octopath Traveler did as well as it did, I'm hopeful this one will be supported well, it has the potential to be great. But then, we know so little so it can kind of go either way. :/

Last edited:
OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, they're okay at best in my experience. If the game isn't popular or doing well in revenue, the game is at risk of closing down like they did with many of their other mobage games they shutted down before. They don't do Global releases till much later like a year or so as far as I know. Some of them don't ever get to be localized.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
What's everybody playing now? I'm curious which of the recent releases have managed to stick with people.

I'm playing Another Eden as my main gacha right now with Dragalia Lost on the side.
I have Bang Dream installed still but never play it anymore unfortunately.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
What's everybody playing now? I'm curious which of the recent releases have managed to stick with people.

I'm playing Another Eden as my main gacha right now with Dragalia Lost on the side.
Epic Seven is still my main gacha. Dropped everything else.

I've been enjoying Brown Dust, but it's day 2. It seems really low maintenance and the gameplay is my jam.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017

I'll always mention Girls' Frontline. It keeps getting better and just had an amazing new story chapter added. Our OT is barren because the regulars just use the Discord.

I'm also still sticking around with Destiny Child and somewhat casually with Langrisser. Brown Dust has been pretty fun so far but I'm generally not that much into PvP so I'll see how much time I can put into it.

edit: FEH also still exists I guess but it's questionable whether that can be called "playing". I also still play Granblue story events at least.

Last edited:

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Still playing:

Granblue Fantasy - What's a sunk cost fallacy again?
Epic 7 - The grind here is getting to me
Destiny Child - Honestly bored of this but it takes little effort
Brown Dust - Just started, seems different enough to be interesting

Dropped:

Girls Frontline
Alchemist Code

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Still playing Girls' Frontline.

I played Star Ocean Anamnesis last year but quit during the Valkyrie Profile banner fiasco. In hindsight I regret quitting but I used all my gems before deleting the app after they fixed the rates so I didn't get a refund so that's that.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Star Ocean Anamnesis and Dragalia Lost. Dropped Epic Seven until they fix the full screen issue with iphones.

Waiting on Valkyrie Anatomia.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't changed my usual setup of games:

Regularly:
OPTC
Dokkan
Dragalia Lost

Dailies and maybe an event:
DBZ Legends
YGO Duel Links
FEH

That'sm y core setup at least. I try almost everything but it rarely holds my interest for long. Sadly, I've basically dropped Naruto Blazing. First game I invested money in that I'm stopping. It's just so... bad. Been bad for a while but really it's not what it once was/could have been

Oct 25, 2017
GrandChase
Destiny Child
Langrisser
ANOTHER Eden
Dragalia
and BrownDust

And I'm yearning for Granblue Fantasy to bring into North America because I heard it was super popular on oversea.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Main games:
Granblue
Epic Seven
Dragalia

In the middle:
Fate
Priconne (started recently)
DB Legends

Occasionally:
Bandori
Destiny Child
FEH

Almost never, will probably uninstall soon: Another Eden

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017

Dragalia Lost - Continues to be fun especially cause of the co-op with friends/family/co-workers. Most gacha are extremely limited on co-op play so this is a huge bonus, kind of treat it like a mini portable Monster Hunter game. The consistent QoL updates are great too.

Fire Emblem Heroes - Pretty much just relegated to daily logins and sometimes doing events. Not a fan of the way the game is going and I don't like Aether Raids. It's installed pretty much cause I love FE.

Epic Seven - Good game with amazing animations, but they're starting to get annoying having to see them hundreds of times cause of their length (Diene especially). Honeymoon period is ending as the grind is insane and the game is starting to feel like a job with how much time you have to invest into it with a chance to get zero progression cause of the many layers of RNG. Probably going to be a drop soon if I didn't get Lidica and Charles recently, but I'll give it another month to see if they improve the game.

Another Eden - Very low time investment required and has that old JRPG itch to it. I'll play this every once in a while.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
My main ones are Langrisser, Destiny Child, Epic 7 and Memoria Freese. Still playing some Granblue and FF Record Keeper from time to time.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Epic 7. IMO it's just so much better than nearly all other gacha.

OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Still playing Dragalia Lost and Dffoo (JP)

Saw a mile away of the recent games that are releasing globally isnt my cup of tea.

Trying out Disgaea RPG when that comes out this month.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Dragalia Lost: Still playing quite extensively on two accounts, a whale account and a F2P no pulls account. Even more updates came out today that all look good so still no signs of slowing down.

Langrisser: This is the game I'm playing the most after Dragalia. The core gameplay feels like a legitimate strategy game, and it is what I wish FEH was like when I gave that a spin. A person managed to get all the way to PvE endgame without a single trinity voucher used, only relying on story characters and R-rarity units. The game isn't very reliant on the gacha, which is great.

Azur Lane: I've just been playing this in the background as just a time filler.

I've also got Another Eden and Brown Dust downloaded, though haven't given them a fair shake yet.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
For Brown Dust is there any place to check character bios and portraits. I want to know who to roll for before I download the game.

Azusa

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah only Seir is top tier character for most content (one of the best defender that can heal herself and do other useful things like taunt). She alone can save your team. All other units are niche and it depends what you want to do with your team.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017

My screen time report for the last 7 days is....

Epic Seven >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fire Emblem Heroes >>>>>> Fate Grand Order >> Dragalia Lost.

Dropped in the last month.... Azur Lane and Destiny's Child

Epic Seven is really grindy and has layers of rng but recent gear changes have made things a lot better to gear up with lower rarity items since you can reduce the RNG and also main stats are now equal. Considering I was late to the party it's came at the right time for me.

I really need to up my playtime in FGO so I can do all these upcoming events.....