• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
brown dust worth playing? Everything is freaking tiny on my iphone x, which is a turn off.

I'm not on X but just making sure - there is a full screen toggle and it wasn't on by default for me.

Gameplay wise I agree with Uthred; it embraces auto battle in a clever way while also making you think strategically. Furthermore it has interesting ideas (like turning logistics into a pillaging minigame) and remarkable QoL features in its admittedly uninspired looking UI.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'd liken Brown Dust's PvE gameplay to building a Rube Goldberg machine. Everything's automated as soon as you hit start, so you can predict exactly what will happen by understanding all the skills and attack patterns. It's a matter of planning everything to lineup where you want it. I think of every encounter like it's a puzzle, though you do have the option of brute-forcing it by overleveling/overgearing your units.

The normal PvP is whale central, but I will give props to the Novice Arena. It's a separate PvP mode that restricts the usable mercenaries to 3*'s and up to 3 4*'s (out of 9 total units you can place), which really makes 3*'s shine and provides legitimate incentive to care about them. On top of that, they also have a rotating ban list of 4 random mercenaries, so there's potential for a slightly shifting meta if one or more of the best units get banned one week. While I generally don't like most gacha PvP, this implementation seems great from my initial impressions, since every single dominating lineup will only require fully invested 3* units and 3 fully invested 4*'s.

On top of that, almost everything is auto-able, and multiple things can be auto'd at the same time. I can send the same party to do several runs for the gold dungeon, rune dungeon, and farm afk the Arena since I'm definitely not going to match up to the whales. The only caveat is that story chapters and Arena need to be on-screen and you can't close the app, but you have the option to enable a low power in-game screen lock that will notify you when something's finished. Overall, I'm surprised by how much I've taken to this game, it has a good chance of becoming one of my staples considering how low maintenance it can be with how good the auto-function is.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
I started Langrisser yesterday. I guess I am getting old as playing two games (with Azur Lane) already seems too much :/

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Well this killed a lot of my interest. I had no idea the game was as competitive as this, I was thinking it'd be a lot more like Star Ocean Anemnesis. :(

Edit: It seems the first point was edited a bit, so it might not be as bad as I think?

Maybe it is like Chain Chronicle - I remembered the first point event (Selene) was stressful and competitive but subsequent one is simply point accumulation.

I missed that game.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Well this killed a lot of my interest. I had no idea the game was as competitive as this, I was thinking it'd be a lot more like Star Ocean Anemnesis. :(

Edit: It seems the first point was edited a bit, so it might not be as bad as I think?

Well those impressions are from the first 6 months which was... 2.5 years ago so it might be an entirely different game now and we don't know how they will handle EN so it might still be worth a shot.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it is like Chain Chronicle - I remembered the first point event (Selene) was stressful and competitive but subsequent one is simply point accumulation.

I missed that game.
Could very well be. Here's hoping!

And yes, Chain Chronicle. I miss it too. :(

Well those impressions are from the first 6 months which was... 2.5 years ago so it might be an entirely different game now and we don't know how they will handle EN so it might still be worth a shot.
It'll definitely be interesting to see. I'm still excited for the game regardless, the battle system looks interesting. I just want that release date! It'd be nice if we can hit that 100k Facebook campaign for that guaranteed AF ticket. It would definitely make re-rolling a lot easier.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
I started Langrisser yesterday. I guess I am getting old as playing two games (with Azur Lane) already seems too much :/
I played both simultaneously for a while, and it does require a lot of time. This was with me 90% autoing both in different emulator windows while focusing on other things no less. I could have continued playing both despite the task juggling, but the stream of tons of free crystals eventually dried up in Langrisser which cut some of my motivation to play. Then they threw the one skin I actually wanted behind a crystal gacha rather than a simple direct payment, and I dropped the game like a bad habit. It had potential, but the monetization of it turned me off.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Langrisser has probably the best gameplay of any gacha I tried but the abysmal rates and drip feed of currency, coupled with the huge amount of work just for dailies (even after that slight revamp) made me drop it, I'm just logging on now. Maybe they'll improve it down the line.

I definitely felt I was playing an actual game, which can't be said for most gacha.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Langrisser is very generous regarding its currency though. But you need to find hidden chests, clear extra objectives and unlock bonding with as many heroes as you can. I was able to get all the SSR heroes I wanted except for Liana and Lana which still elude me.

However I'll agree that dailies can take some time but the buff really helps as it allows to auto everything.

On the other hand the grind pays off as you have a real sense of progression and really see your team become a lot stronger.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017

I missed that game.

Demon Raids were so good there:

Armilus771hp.PNG
CCArmilus53.PNG

It was 1.7% SSR rate, banner rates were double 3.4%. When version 2.0 hit, banner rates changed to 7.0%

Screenshot_2015-08-24-20-34-58.png

Oh the memories about the game and Gumi handling it with bugs and that "famous" ~70h maintenance that included few extented maintenances.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
GUMI was absolutely shit. Thanks to CC I never really bother with another GUMI game.

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
Played what I assume was an early version/beta of Aurora Legend and I don't think it's good at all, even for an idle game. You do 100% get Saber doing the Saber voice but it's all just really janky. Much worse than older stuff in the space like Idle Poring.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
It's a game where it plays itself 99% of the time and only requires some minor meta-game choices like who to equip with what, when you want to fight a boss, etc.

Basically the game will fight enemies on it's own and you earn gold/exp per minute based on how far you are. Once you're strong enough to fight a boss, you tap the "fight boss" button and if your units are strong enough, you win and move on to the next stage that gives more gold/exp per minute. The game does not have to be open for you to earn this EXP. Usually there are things like co-op raids, some sort of prestige system, side-games, and so on, but 99% of your time is just spent waiting. You know cookie clicker? Imagine that, without the clicking, but with more systems like equipment, skills, party members, etc.

They're only enjoyable because they're so low maintenance. I like a good idle game from time to time.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
But how often do you have to login to clear the task? A game that ask me to wait for 2 hours then I have to login again to intervene is not really "idle" for me....

Oct 25, 2017
Demon Raids were so good there:

Armilus771hp.PNG
CCArmilus53.PNG

It was 1.7% SSR rate, banner rates were double 3.4%. When version 2.0 hit, banner rates changed to 7.0%

Screenshot_2015-08-24-20-34-58.png

Oh the memories about the game and Gumi handling it with bugs and that "famous" ~70h maintenance that included few extented maintenances.

What game is this? It looks very interesting.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Langrisser is very generous regarding its currency though. But you need to find hidden chests, clear extra objectives and unlock bonding with as many heroes as you can. I was able to get all the SSR heroes I wanted except for Liana and Lana which still elude me.
All of those listed things are one-offs. Once you've completed them once, they're no longer a source of crystal. In standard gacha form, the crystal river dries up and you're left with a drip feed. Whether you can get the SSRs you want in that time frame is purely a matter of luck. Some people are lucky and get multiple SSRs in a single 10-pull. Others can do multiple 10-pulls and get jack. If you're one of those that doesn't get everything they want before the river dries up, then you're either going to have to dump $$$ in for the gacha, or be prepared for long gaps between pulls. If you do drop money for the pulls, it'd be on top of the money spent for monthly QoL improvements, skins, etc.

Personally, I don't like feeling like I need to spend money on gacha games - doubly so if it's spending money in the gambling aspect. I much prefer the Azur Lane model of paying for concrete things like skins while getting enough resources for free to play the rest of the game without feeling artificially pinched. Unfortunately the AL monetization model is an outlier in the gacha realm.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Aurora's pre-register is linked to FB though, so Im wondering how the rerolls will go... https://al.rastargames.com/html/yy_pc/
It'll probably be like Langrisser where you're sent a code that you input through the website (along with your User ID) and it's sent to your inbox in-game.

It's an idle game, just so you're aware of what you're getting into. :)
I learned about this afterwards. Shame. :(

I'll still give it a try to see, I don't currently play an idle game so it'll be something different at least.

Chain Chronicles, its dead Jim
It's still going in Japan, at least!

I miss it.

There were talks of it being brought back, but considering the last update on their Facebook page was in May of last year, I'm guessing it won't be happening.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
Disgaia is releasing on the 19th of this month. I want to see how they converted this game into a gacha mobile. We need more good srpg's on the platform.

OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Disgaia is releasing on the 19th of this month. I want to see how they converted this game into a gacha mobile. We need more good srpg's on the platform.
Just saw the tweet, sweet. Releasing in just 6 days from now. Definitely gonna play it at launch and at least give it a month. Watching some gameplay videos, I have high hope for it since it's similar to GBF battle system.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Hi Adventurers!

The wait has finally come to an end! We are now ready to announce the official launch date for Aurora Legend!
Aurora Legend will be officially launched on March 13, 2019! Check below for details!
1. Time: March 13th, 01:30, PDT
2. Country: USA/Canada
3. Platform: Android (Google Play)
iOS version is still pending apple's approval, it will be released soon! Bear with us for another hours till your journey begins!

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at a gameplay video Aurora Legend looks nice but fairly generic, anything stand out about it?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at a gameplay video Aurora Legend looks nice but fairly generic, anything stand out about it?
It's an idle game with gacha and cute graphics. It is what it is. I like myself some mindless idle games from time to time (Tap Titans, Idle Poring, etc) so I'm having a good time.

Oh, and it's up. For some reason.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I go pretty hardcore on gacha games I'm into, so I think 3 games is my max until I develop better time management skills, especially since I decided to upkeep two Dragalia AND two Brown Dust account's for some god awful reason.

Oct 25, 2017
For the promotion of the upcoming Seven Deadly Sins mobile game, there's a truck running around Tokyo city with Diane in the back.
I've seen this marketing technique for high profile anime shows before but this is the first time I recall it being used for a mobile game.

(Twitter video below)

I registered for the game's beta test a while back and thought nothing of it after that but now that I'm taking a closer look, it's absolutely beautiful.

Last edited:

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
For the promotion of the upcoming Seven Deadly Sins mobile game, there's a trucking running around Tokyo city with Diane in the back.
I've seen this marketing technique for high profile anime shows before but this is the first time I recall it being used for a mobile game.

(Twitter video below)

I registered for the game's beta test a while back and thought nothing of it after that but now that I'm taking a closer look, it's absolutely beautiful.

Interesting gameplay, looks somewhat similar to FGO with the cards but unique enough

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
For the promotion of the upcoming Seven Deadly Sins mobile game, there's a trucking running around Tokyo city with Diane in the back.
Oh Netmarble is making the game ?
That's why it looks so good graphic-wise.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised to see Aurora Legend up so early. The Reddit doesn't seemm overly active so I'll ask here in-case anyone knows: is it worth re-rolling for anything or are re-rolls prohibited in this game?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised to see Aurora Legend up so early. The Reddit doesn't seemm overly active so I'll ask here in-case anyone knows: is it worth re-rolling for anything or are re-rolls prohibited in this game?
It's an idle game, I wouldn't bother rerolling. Besides, it SEEMS like the freebie 10 roll you get early is rigged to give you high quality shards but no full characters. Rerolling would take an hour, and it's really not worth it.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It's an idle game, I wouldn't bother rerolling. Besides, it SEEMS like the freebie 10 roll you get early is rigged to give you high quality shards but no full characters. Rerolling would take an hour, and it's really not worth it.
Wow, an hour? Thanks, definitely won't bother then! I'll watch a few videos and see if this is something I even want to try, the game kind of popped on my radar out of nowhere so I know so little, haha.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Last Idea

Last = Final
Idea = Fantasy

They're not even trying to hide it, haha.