• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Would like to try Aurora Legend, but Iam getting Server not found error after I dload apk from Qooapp. This was yesterday and today again (deleted whole game and redownloaded).

Azusa

Oct 25, 2017
There are too many bugs in Aurora Legend. Too many typos in text. Annoying dailies and most important lack of free currency to roll. For example in another idle game, idle heroes, you get many gems/scroll/other currency to roll new heroes or fodder. Then scroll mission part is not so idle huh. Its an idle game but they are forcing me to spend time walking thought some maps and looking for a treasure. I was disappointed.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
You only need to do it once. Then you can "errand" it for free and it auto completes at 100%. Just saying.

NoirSuede

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just curious but,

for the purposes of this thread does the Chinese-disguised-as-Japanese gacha games (Honkai Impact 3, Azure Lane, and Girls Frontline from the top of my head) count?

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Just curious but,

for the purposes of this thread does the Chinese-disguised-as-Japanese gacha games (Honkai Impact 3, Azure Lane, and Girls Frontline from the top of my head) count?

Also SEA made ones do count. Topic has long traditions but discussion here is not limited to only to "Japan only" gachas. Basically game has gacha its most likely good to discuss here. If there is a lot of talk, it might be a good thing to make own thread of search if there is a thread already done.

NoirSuede

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also SEA made ones do count. Topic has long traditions but discussion here is not limited to only to "Japan only" gachas. Basically game has gacha its most likely good to discuss here. If there is a lot of talk, it might be a good thing to make own thread of search if there is a thread already done.
Okay alright.

Astonishing the lengths those game go to disguise themselves as Japanese up to not having any credits at all.

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
9447f03fa88c5860c94fa000041e3cb8b9870ad7.jpg

[*] You can preregister now for SEA release for Dengeki Bunko: Crossing Void in English. More information can be found here. Apparently it is perceived as a dream for fans of anime cross overs.
[*] Gameplay Preview - Mobile or PC
[*] OBT - 21th of March
[*] Dengeki Bunko: Crossing Void is a turn-based RPG with characters from over 25 different Light Novels such as, Sword Art Online, Toradora!, A Certain Magical Index, Shakugan no Shana, Durarara!! and many more.

There are also some 2 more mobile games that caught my interest,

Digimon: Encounters (DG Gamer's First Impression)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GclBPkct6WI

A certain magical index imaginary fest (Live stream)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiRpXOpssCI

Last edited:

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The real waifu wars begin. Basically no chance of this getting localised due to licencing, right?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Selvaria Bles is in there, I'll give that game a shot.
I didn't even see her there. Mora Raita exposure!

Edit: Watching gameplay of Dengeki Bunko and the victory music reminds me of Sonic the Hedgehog 3's (Genesis) act clear theme. Please tell me it's not just me.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
While the graphics, story, and visuals aren't great in Brown Dust, I do enjoy the core grid-based gameplay quite a bit. Being able to deploy 9 units while having full control on where to place them and turn order plan has a lot of depth to a seemingly simple auto-combat, which pleasantly surprised me. It probably also has the one of the best QOL auto features, letting you AFK grind multiple dailies at a time so it never feels too grindy.

The game does emphasize PvP and there's quite blatant powercreep (Devils vs the new Octos) so you're not likely to highly place without a lot of time/luck/money. However, I will commend the Novice Arena, which is a separate mode that bans the use of 5*'s altogether with a maximum of three 4*'s out of the 9 deploy-able so it's much more accessible, makes 3*'s pretty relevant, and lets anyone have a top-tier team with much less commitment, money, luck, or grind compared to the normal Arena.

I've been getting the most enjoyment out of my 3*-only account, since I still feel pretty competitive in Novice Arena since the difference between it and other accounts is only three 4* units instead of up to 9 5* units in the normal Arena. With enough planning you can even beat stuff PvE-wise you're not leveled for like high Rune Temples with just the 3* units, and I haven't felt super hampered overall.

Last edited:

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I've actually heard Alec is making a comeback because of his fixed damage which completely destroys all the Lillians. Refithea is also still holding up decently as one of the best supporters.

Tactically I maintain this game is very satisfying. It hard leans into PvP but they put so much effort into the QoL aspect of that that I'm enjoying it a surprising amount. For example, after each arena season, the usage statistics of all characters are available in-game, as well as any teams the ranking players used. You can also check any other player's current defense teams in the arena modes and Guild War.

Outside of the three arena modes (regular, Novice and Underground which is kind of live PvP) there are a lot more things to do like World Boss and Co-Op Raids. Many characters that are not specifically geared towards PvP can actually excel in this other content. Some even especially excel here to the point of being necessary, like Sabrina.

I'd definitely highly recommend at least giving this a try if you are interested in strategic gacha games.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
PVP & insane amount of xp fodder needed in Brown Dust made me to drop it too.
Destiny child is just not fun anymore lol

Last Saturday I downloaded Destiny Child where I have nice (glad I did bind) account from the launch days and it seems I had already played it 6 days and only made summons worth of 850 gems and having over 15000 gems. Also had good luck with rng, I made 1 Gold multi summon Saturday and Sunday and got 5* unit in both summons. No clue about tiers but happy to have more of em.

Fantasica closing in few weeks. News is from end of January 2019,

Code:
Thank you for playing Fantasica.

In an unfortunate turn of events, the game engine that Fantasica relies on for its operations will no longer receive updates or further support.
With its demise, we will no longer be satisfy all of the requisite guidelines demanded by each mobile platform.

Therefore, on March 31, 2019 at 10:00 pm PDT, Fantasica will be ceasing all operations and will no longer be available to play.

We are deeply sorry for any trouble or disappointment that this development may cause.

The final closure date will mark seven years of Fantasica--an incredible run that was only made possible through the support of our amazing players.

Fantasica will continue to be available to play, as per the schedule listed below, up until the very end.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Announcement of Closure: 1/27/19 10:00 pm (PST)

Purchases Disabled: 2/25/19 10:00 pm (PST)
* Any Fanta Pts / Mobacoins remaining in your account can still be used up until the Final Closure date.

Final Closure: 3/31/19 10:00 pm (PDT)
* Purchased items cannot be refunded or converted into Fanta Pts / MobaCoins.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Additional Support

If you have any questions about the closure of Fantasica, feel free to contact us through the in-game support portal.

We are deeply grateful for the patronage that all of you, our most valuable players, have blessed us with over the game's life.

We hope you enjoy the final days of Fantasica and thank you once more for a wonderful seven years.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I've been pretty vocal in the Destiny Child OT about the game taking bad directions with its Devil Pass prices, Lucky Box which is frankly a comical degree of scam, and Re:Birth feeling largely unsatisfying with its reward structure vs. its difficulty. I have cleared 3-3 at least once for the quest, and I think most long time players can do it if they stall cheese Fever time but it's utterly unenjoyable to do five times a day.

Langrisser is another one I simply didn't have time to do dailies in, especially since Brown Dust release which I've been enjoying a lot more.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The Disgaea gacha game releases in Japan today. It pains me how we'll never get a Global version. :(

OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Disgaea gacha game releases in Japan today. It pains me how we'll never get a Global version. :(
Yep, just started service a few minutes ago as well. I'll be playing it, but it will suck knowing that it will probably never get a global release since Disgaea isn't the most popular thing out there. Even though it may never happen, hope it's get the granblue treatment in translations.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, just started service a few minutes ago as well. I'll be playing it, but it will suck knowing that it will probably never get a global release since Disgaea isn't the most popular thing out there. Even though it may never happen, hope it's get the granblue treatment in translations.
Maintenance/Servers down already. Not a great start.

OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maintenance/Servers down already. Not a great start.
Twitter account forgot to add "dood" in their latest tweet, games already a blunder. /s

Getting infinite loading and seems the servers are overloaded since I see some people got in. Guess we'll just have to wait for awhile.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Rates seem to be your average 3%, not sure what difference will this game have to offer that differenciates it from other turn based gacha games besides the lvl 9999 from the disgaea game (which is just a gimmick imo) and the characters I guess.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Twitter account forgot to add "dood" in their latest tweet, games already a blunder. /s

Getting infinite loading and seems the servers are overloaded since I see some people got in. Guess we'll just have to wait for awhile.
At the very least, I guess demand is there so there's that? I hope the game lives up to the expectations for players.

OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
At the very least, I guess demand is there so there's that? I hope the game lives up to the expectations for players.
Yeah, it says a lot that many people are willingly enough to give it a try which is good. Maintenance is happening now and I hope it doesn't result in us waiting for days to play...

cue *sinoalice flashbacks*

OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
And it begins...

It's already the 19th in Japan so we can at least expect it to be up tomorrow.