• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Chrono just how many gacha do you play?
Fate Grand Order and Dragalia Lost are my two "main" ones, of which I always make sure to burn my stamina and fully complete all of the events.

Bang Dream, Azur Lane and Star Ocean Anemnesis are my three other more casual ones. I still complete all of the events in these, but I don't grind everything to 100% completion and only aim for the important items.

Alchemist Code, Destiny Child, Bleach Brave Souls, Granblue Fantasy and One Piece Treasure Cruise are my even more casual ones, where I basically just log in and that's it. I'm kind of falling out of interest with TAC after they introduced the Kaigan feature (which means even more grind to it all), and Destiny Child has gotten pretty stale. Same goes for Brave Souls for me. Granblue Fantasy and Treasure Cruise are a lot of fun, but I can't find a lot of time to dedicate to them with the five gacha games I tend to focus more on (the top five I listed above). I'm not sure where Valkyrie Anatomia and Dengeki Bunko will fall into this as I've yet to try them, but they look pretty interesting.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Really enjoying Elchronicle; I guess I'm still in the honeymoon period getting all these characters and freebies from the game but I do see the grind ahead of me. But so far digging the combat and the story ain't half-bad; predictable but still ain't half bad

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck happened to Langrisser?

I thought it would blow up the water out of Fire Emblem Heroes and become the new SRPG dynasty in mobile gaming. And yet with a little amateur research I have seen it dropping and dropping each week on both android and iPhone devices both in terms of rank and revenue. In addition, the amount of downloads has had a significant drop while various echoes in various subreddits mention about dead servers (3rd-4th+), 2-3 hour daily routine among many other issues.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017

I thought it would blow up the water out of Fire Emblem Heroes and become the new SRPG dynasty in mobile gaming. And yet with a little amateur research I have seen it dropping and dropping each week on both android and iPhone devices both in terms of rank and revenue. In addition, the amount of downloads has had a significant drop while various echoes in various subreddits mention about dead servers (3rd-4th+), 2-3 hour daily routine among many other issues.
Nintendo marketing vs a nobody.
Also, too hardcore for average crowd.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I never thought Langrisser would dethrone FEH, despite having a better combat system, if only because FE is a much bigger series than Langrisser is with bigger pull. I know whales who still login and talk about FEH regularly despite hating every decision IS has done due to how invested they are into the FE series as a whole. If someone drops Langrisser they're not very likely to come back, whereas something like introducing beast units in FE can make a lot of folks log back in at least.

I do think the biggest issue is the amount of time the game requires of you to do dailies. Even with the secret realm blessing, with horrible AI the auto-ing can still take hours on content 10 levels beneath you, which is asking a lot of players on a mobile game. Guild wars especially take an incredibly long amount of time because you have up to 3 players needing to fight several waves of enemies. If I could get dailies done in less than an hour via auto, it wouldn't feel like such a bad daily grind.

dimb

Oct 25, 2017

I thought it would blow up the water out of Fire Emblem Heroes and become the new SRPG dynasty in mobile gaming.
This is not a reasonable expectation and the approach and execution do not have a general audience in mind...before even considering that the property is not even remotely relevant and has virtually no visibility or recognition for Westerners. Could not really tell you how the game is preforming relative to expectations, but it seems like they're doing reasonably okay considering the negative impression the game made at launch.

The game has really high highs, but the time demand is way too high and it falls into daily checklist mode in a way that can just feel wearying, particularly when the progression ramp is so long.

Koz

Sep 5, 2018
Yeah I dropped Langrisser because it took too much time to do the dailies. The grid based games are too reliant on AI to easily auto, and a lot of the time spent in the battles was just moving your units around.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
What killed Langrisser for me was the same as many of you: the time it took to complete the dailies. Without doing them, the time required to gain levels and in-game currency was extensive, and when I found myself frustrated at the time needed to do them all, I quickly lost interest. In Dragalia Lost, I can do all of the dailies in the span of 2-3 minutes if I want to use skip tickets, and if I run through it all on Auto, it still only takes me around 5 minutes. Then the rest of my time I can spend doing whatever.

Another thing that bothered me was when the CM was apparently let go (who was re-hired again afterwards, IIRC), he aired a lot of the dirty laundry in his frustration as to the happenings behind-the-scenes. It was just an awful launch, probably the worst I've seen yet (and I've seen a lot of horrible launches).

Oct 25, 2017
what are some recent gacha games that support a proper account system? gumi stuff uses facebook, nintendo games use nintendo login. azur lane supports twitter. klab stuff uses icloud/google play.

Still annoying that not everyone does.

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
dengeki bunko will have global server release huh? wonder if I should skip Asian server one first since screw phone no. prereg

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
And the Disgaea RPG maintenance gets extended even further after coming back for a few minutes. What a mess. I was gonna play it and drop Destiny Child for it but I'm now strongly reconsidering it.

OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It happens. A lot of Japanese mobage game releases face this issue when there's many people trying to get in the server.

OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Will it beat FGO JP maintenance? Stay tune till tomorrow!

D2FsSKxU8AcWnsw

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Also just uninstalled Destiny Child. The patch notes this week were absolutely nothing, like the past three weeks (last week there was rebirth but that's a chore to do). I get the impression they have no idea of what to do with the server.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
For DC, I'm just logging in to do easy dailies until they start to handle things better. If they don't, I'll move on. I'm not uninstalling yet, but it's definitely on the backburner right now.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
After 2 days of playing I did remember why I uninstalled it first time and did the same again. Auto doesn't use Swipe skills and Iam not so good with manually doing them + swiping.
Auto does use swipe, what it doesn't use is drive skills, which I don't understand why some modes do it for free yet others ask for gold.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for double port, but Disgaea is coming out of maintenance in 40 minutes supposedly... Watch it go back down lol

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like the design of that Truth of Disaster game and KLAB seemed ok back when I played Brave Souls (though they really needed some kind of token/pity system on the gacha)

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know why, but the 3D graphics that a lot of gachas have been adopting just doesn't do anything for me. Makes them look drab to the eye. Dragalia Lost is an exception admittedly.

OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Whelp, Disgaea still in maintenance and surpassed fgo longest maintenance. Disappointing at this point, hope they resolve it soon. At least Seikiro comes out tomorrow to tie me over if they decide to go for the record of longest maintenance.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Whelp, Disgaea still in maintenance and surpassed fgo longest maintenance. Disappointing at this point, hope they resolve it soon. At least Seikiro comes out tomorrow to tie me over if they decide to go for the record of longest maintenance.
Today's a holiday in Japan apparently so not expecting them to fix it today

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Double post, but they did update... to say thatthe maintenance wouldn't be complete today, and that it might require "drastic correction of the app". So sounds like this might beat SinoAlice after all.

Just fucking delay it, mother of god.

Azusa

Oct 25, 2017

Mobage that you have to play every day for 1-2 hours without auto? is it work? Meh. I dropped it as soon as I saw that I need to farm every hard daily map manually and auto is just an auto defeat. Game is good for the first 2 weeks and thats it.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
As someone who still plays Langrisser daily, I'm literally impressed with just how bad the AI is on auto. Melee unit's will just stand in a line doing nothing if the enemy is on a ledge and takes more than 1 turn to reach, while ranged units love to attack at melee range and kill themselves. Not to mention they'll use their strongest skills on enemies close to death that would die from a single basic attack. You'd shave an entire hour off the daily grind if auto had the most basic ability to at least perform on maps you've already cleared.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who still plays Langrisser daily, I'm literally impressed with just how bad the AI is on auto. Melee unit's will just stand in a line doing nothing if the enemy is on a ledge and takes more than 1 turn to reach, while ranged units love to attack at melee range and kill themselves. Not to mention they'll use their strongest skills on enemies close to death that would die from a single basic attack. You'd shave an entire hour off the daily grind if auto had the most basic ability to at least perform on maps you've already cleared.
I really like Langrisser, and I don't think the dailies take that long, I can't imagine I spend more than an hour, but yeah, the AI is shit!

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Mobage that you have to play every day for 1-2 hours without auto? is it work? Meh. I dropped it as soon as I saw that I need to farm every hard daily map manually and auto is just an auto defeat. Game is good for the first 2 weeks and thats it.

Iam playing it. But there are flaws in game:

* Rates are garbo (2% ssr) and you definitely need to know for what to pull for. You can't aimlessly pull from every banner, factions matter so much in that game.
* You are constantly low on Gold, you need so much that shit.
* Goblin mines (can be run once per day, or you can keep 3 keys, 1 key needed for entry) are for gold.
-> You can auto here but you should not, you need the gold.
* Certain Story maps are gated behind player rank.
* Auto is bad, if you auto in arena, dont look game, auto does stupid things.
-> Don't use auto outside of arena if you arent rerunning stuff you have cleared earlier and you know auto can handle it. Its so bad.
* Doing all dailies (for 30 gems) takes a lot of time.
-> You should do dailies cause they give best player rank exp
* AI is cheating, you can't have dupes in party, but AI can.
* AI is cheating, you can't have xxx skill / spell / ability on your unit, but AI can.
* You get shit amount of xp potions from 2 XP runs per day.
-> You can run the dungeon more but rewards are very very bad

Side note, if anyone is playing in Baldea server, we have room in guild called: 9R1SRclub

The good:
* Max player rank is 60. Everyone can achieve this by time.
* Strategy & team building & satisfaction to beat something you couldn't beat yesterday.
* Entering dungeon costs 20 or 30 Breads (or under).
-> If you lose, you only lose 20% of used Bread.
* Max bread cap is 120.
* Join guild and do guild battle (atleast first wave) once every week or more. Guild battles are fun either solo or by team (max 3 players).

Been playing since launch day and soon my player rank is 54, this game is not for everyone. But if one likes strategy and planning and has time, one could like Langrisser.

Last edited:

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
I have a hard time understanding how auto doesn't work for dailies in Langrisser as that's how I do all of them except for the dragons. Obviously maps other than dailies require manual play. Soon reaching lv60 and I still love it.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I have a hard time understanding how auto doesn't work for dailies in Langrisser as that's how I do all of them except for the dragons. Obviously maps other than dailies require manual play. Soon reaching lv60 and I still love it.

Because you should coop dailies, we want to save bread not time ;). Cooping saves 20% of used bread and gives 2 extra rewards per run, if there are 3 players.
Obviously if you have enough gems to use for bread, then I see no reasons not to solo dailies.

When you coop, there is a chance that you land to team where are 2 lower level / not so skilled players. And it can be that your 2 units are Macho Blasted to oblivion.
Granted. Iam autoing dungeons in coop dailies I have cleared atleast once so that my unit has the regen buff.

Last edited:

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Because you should coop dailies, we want to save bread not time ;). Cooping saves 20% of used bread and gives 2 extra rewards per run, if there are 3 players.
Obviously if you have enough gems to use for bread, then I see no reasons not to solo dailies.

When you coop, there is a chance that you land to team where are 2 lower level / not so skilled players. And it can be that your 2 units are Macho Blasted to oblivion.
Granted. Iam autoing dungeons in coop dailies I have cleared atleast once so that my unit has the regen buff.

I do all of them in coop too. But I clear them once in solo to get the buff, then you can auto/carry in coop without any issue (except for dragons). Joint battles also require manual play now that I think about it. But I miss most of them due to the time anyway...

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
I finally uninstalled Langrisser today because I couldn't be bothered to get the new apk. I was basically only logging in at this point.

As I said recently in this thread, the huge amount of time required to do daily tasks, the big grind and level-gating, the atrocious pull rates and low availability of free currency after a while really killed my interest.

Shame, because it definitely is one of the most satisfying games in terms of actual gameplay and strategy involved, and I'm a fan of the old games.

As for the rest of my gachas, for now I'm still giving Brown Dust a try - I admire a lot of things in that game, especially the fantastic auto-grind features, and the gameplay is an actual nice spin on the auto battlers, because it is deeper than it seems. However, the PVP focus is really killing my interest and ultimately I prefer to have control over the gameplay.

I've been teetering on the edge of uninstalling Epic Seven, that game is still a grind fest with shitty rates for everything. They're supposedly releasing an enhancement material update, so let's see how that goes, but they're also gonna nerf some characters (I don't know which ones or even if I have them), which is something that feels super wrong to me and might give me the motivation to uninstall.

Brave Exvius is also on the verge of getting kicked to the curb. And for some reason I still do the dailies on Sega Heroes, which is a truly bad game lol No clue why.

In the end, only Dokkan Battle stays safe and even that game isn't much to write home about - at this point I keep at it out of sheer nostalgia(which is something none of my other games have, and it's mostly the decisive factor in me keeping interest in a game) and sunk cost fallacy.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I
I've been teetering on the edge of uninstalling Epic Seven, that game is still a grind fest with shitty rates for everything. They're supposedly releasing an enhancement material update, so let's see how that goes, but they're also gonna nerf some characters (I don't know which ones or even if I have them), which is something that feels super wrong to me and might give me the motivation to uninstall.
They just nerfed one and it was a 3* (SC Kluri) that was quite powerful and pretty much mandatory in PvP.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
How do you guys feel about SMT: Dx 2: Liberation?

I've played through it a little bit and enjoy the gameplay, and it seems to have lots of both customization depth and gameplay options, but the event gatcha, and the gatcha in general, has some of the most unfairly low rates this side of Dragalia, I swear.

1% 5 star, honestly...

Overall, I'm interested in rerolling to get something fun, and going for it, since I enjoy the gameplay, I'd just like some more in-depth thoughts.

Like, if you don't pay actual money to UNLOCK the featured summon banner, you have a 0.028 percent chance of getting any of the three DMC5 5 star demons, which you'd want because they have unique skills and unique models, being Dante, Nero, and V.

I can forgive bad gatcha rates in general with a game that prioritizes building your units from scratch rather then using luck, especially if it has PVP like this does, but making events THIS scummy, asking for money up front for even a fair chance at useful, unique characters? Absolutely unbelievable.

I am of course taking this very hard, as they give you the 4 star versions of these characters with general skills for free, so feel free to discount this rant. I just think it's a very rude tactic to shake people down for cash to even have a chance at a viable, unique, limited time reward. Paid banner unlocks, and paid banners in general, are a very abusive tactic.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
I dropped SMT soon after it released, it didn't really keep me interested, and as you said, the gacha was pretty rotten.

Haven't kept up with it.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
As for the rest of my gachas, for now I'm still giving Brown Dust a try - I admire a lot of things in that game, especially the fantastic auto-grind features, and the gameplay is an actual nice spin on the auto battlers, because it is deeper than it seems. However, the PVP focus is really killing my interest and ultimately I prefer to have control over the gameplay.

If it helps, you can basically ignore the PvP altogether while getting its rewards by completely auto-ing it. The normal Arena is pretty whale bait at high tiers, so I just completely ignore how well I do in it and set all 10 matches to auto. It really helps me with dealing with a mode that usually turns me off most gacha games. You don't need to do the PvP dailies for the biggest daily mission rewards (only need 10 out of 14 dailies) either, so you can ignore PvP altogether and not feel too hindered.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
If it helps, you can basically ignore the PvP altogether while getting its rewards by completely auto-ing it. The normal Arena is pretty whale bait at high tiers, so I just completely ignore how well I do in it and set all 10 matches to auto. It really helps me with dealing with a mode that usually turns me off most gacha games. You don't need to do the PvP dailies for the biggest daily mission rewards (only need 10 out of 14 dailies) either, so you can ignore PvP altogether and not feel too hindered.

That's good to know, thanks.

Is there any kind of Unit Usefulness list for lower tier characters, like 3 and 4 stars?

edit: Just remembered there's an actual OT, i'll check it out.

Last edited:

JayDee

Oct 28, 2017
I started playing Puzzle Ark. Haven't heard anything about it until a short reddit comment suggested it. It was released late last year. It's a pretty fun match-3 rpg although rather straightforward. So far, I like the artstyle over other match-3 rpgs and they're not constantly pestering you to get its premium currency. Not sure how long I'll play it since theres no community or social aspect to this game.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
That's good to know, thanks.

Is there any kind of Unit Usefulness list for lower tier characters, like 3 and 4 stars?

edit: Just remembered there's an actual OT, i'll check it out.

I believe there's a 4* tier list linked in the OT at some point in the discussion, but just in case, this is the 4* recommendation list and this is the 3* recommendation list, with ratings on how well they perform in different PvE/PvP modes.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the gameplay in SMT:Dx2 and the story was quirky fun. But everything else was basically garbage. Two tiered RNG where you need to get the right unit and the right colour is a huge disincentive for me.