• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Girls' Frontline is celebrating its 1st EN anniversary next month and we are getting an item that lets us pick a 5* from the craftable pool. I wrote a bit about the fact that May also houses the anniversaries of the old servers in that thread, so we are very likely to get a developer stream with major news about upcoming story events and maybe the anime very soon.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Yeah, I'm dropping Starlight Revue. Approaching 100 pulls on the third box without a single grand prize and the grind to even pull is atrotricious. I'm not going to entertain a game that seems to be doing everything it can to gouge people: making events aggressively short without reducing the grind, introducing new banner characters while we're still in the middle of a short limited one, immediately powercreeping a launch 4* less than a week in, AND literally charging to alleviate the bottlenecks that shortening event duration causes. The worst part is that the game has a solid enough core, it's just a case where I feel a greedy publisher is obstructing an otherwise decent game. I'll maybe come back if they either adjust the grind so 6*-ing an event character is actually plausible or we're finally caught up so we don't have to deal with this terribly accelerated content rollout anymore.

I might check out FGO once their event is over now that I know about the combat system similarities at least. It's funny that I've seen people complain about how slow the rollout for that game is for catching up to JP, when I've now experienced a game that tries to catch up quickly in all the wrong ways.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the way they've been handling the Global version of Revue Starlight is a joke, which is a shame since the gameplay itself is pretty solid. As it is, it just feels like a lazy cash-grab, with them intentionally making things so people are encouraged to spend to get the most out of an event. That's not cool. I'll do my dailies and continue burning through the story/leveling my characters, but they won't see a cent from me and I'm not going to take the current event seriously. If they keep things as they are and continually try to gauge the playerbase, I'll just move on.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
So, OVERHIT soft launched in Canada and Australia.

Nexon is being Nexon.

• 2% SSR for global, JP/KR have 5%.
  • New players in KR/JP get thirty free rolls. Global gets zero.
  • Game has IP lock. It also has a VPN block. There are ways around it, but it's a bit complex.
  • There is no way to reroll unless you delete and redownload the app. Not global specific, just something shitty.
So, what, 6 months before it gets shut down? Maybe a year? HIT already got shut down.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Deleted member 49574

Banned
Nov 12, 2018
Norway
Yeah, the way they've been handling the Global version of Revue Starlight is a joke

Yup i just deleted it

Girls' Frontline is celebrating its 1st EN anniversary next month and we are getting an item that lets us pick a 5* from the craftable pool. I wrote a bit about the fact that May also houses the anniversaries of the old servers in that thread, so we are very likely to get a developer stream with major news about upcoming story events and maybe the anime very soon.

I downloaded it last night. i did not know it was out in Europe.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So, OVERHIT soft launched in Canada and Australia.

Nexon is being Nexon.

• 2% SSR for global, JP/KR have 5%.
  • New players in KR/JP get thirty free rolls. Global gets zero.
  • Game has IP lock. It also has a VPN block. There are ways around it, but it's a bit complex.
  • There is no way to reroll unless you delete and redownload the app. Not global specific, just something shitty.
So, what, 6 months before it gets shut down? Maybe a year? HIT already got shut down.
It looks like Nexon has another HIT on their hands, and I don't mean that in a positive way. Easy skip for me, and the same will likely go for SINOaLICE. I don't trust Nexon at all.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
I was looking forward to Crossing Void, but I already have so many games especially with MagiReco coming in a few months. Thank you dev for making the choice for me. As for Revue Starlight, we have another event starting in the morning as expected, but from what I've read of the JP version, no events will have that shitty lottery system anymore so its just normal event shops from now on. Thank fuck for that.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I was looking forward to Crossing Void, but I already have so many games especially with MagiReco coming in a few months. Thank you dev for making the choice for me. As for Revue Starlight, we have another event starting in the morning as expected, but from what I've read of the JP version, no events will have that shitty lottery system anymore so its just normal event shops from now on. Thank fuck for that.
There's apparently still some lotto events but easier than this one, but still.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018

Will it actually be possible to 6* the event character this time around? I'd be up for giving it another try if that's the case.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Will it actually be possible to 6* the event character this time around? I'd be up for giving it another try if that's the case.

They might make them available in the potential farming mode, because even Japanese players had trouble with this event and they got extra time on it too. In any case, the devs learned their lesson after this event and the ones that come afterward wont be nearly as bad.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I guess I'll give it another look to see if that'll be the case for global. Considering how the global publisher dealt with the Halloween event, I'm not gonna be optimistic, but at least I know to expect it now. The game does do a lot right outside the events, so I'm willing to see if they've actually improved. If I need to refill my stamina with gems again just for the chance to 6* though then I'm dipping.

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I was enjoying Revue, but I dropped it the second I saw them drop a banner mid Halloween and one that power crept Maya not even four days in. With terrible rates and the rate they're moving at only whales will be able to keep up.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The game is gonna be terrible if you're at all interested in PvP (I'm either going to just do the daily or at best get 4 chests). Powercreep in PvE is only relevant if it's literally not possible without the newest units, which isn't as common. Though admittedly, I wouldn't put it past them at this point.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
F2P should be saving for rate up banners anyway.
I'm ready for a new event that isn't lottery based. I'll only be able to 5* Tsubasa if I'm super lucky. Done over 100 pulls on Box 3 and I only need to land on her upgrade chip things once to be able to do it but I haven't managed it yet.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Started up a new Starlight account, this time just re-rolling until I got Yachiyo/Maya/Lalafin (3*). I have no idea if I'll keep playing the game so I figured I outta just go with the characters that give the strongest start, and Yachiyo trivializes A LOT of PvE content while Maya and Lalafin tank for her. Just did the bare minimum for the Halloween event by just receiving the character (didn't touch her at all for upgrades) and reading the story for the free 300 star gems. It's amazing that I'm only missing a single potential bloom compared to when I hard farmed the event on my last account because of how huge the grind is.

I liked the SoL story overall, though it's a bit weird that the 3* Halloween banner character had literally nothing to do with it compared to Kaoruko and Tsukasa. I feel like Lalafin or Futaba would have made more sense, but they may not have been picked over Shizuha for cynically obvious reasons.

I guess I'll just take the game incredibly casually now that I know there's a chance for events to be completely not worth it as a F2P, which is a mind-boggling situation. I know now to wait on doing anything with an event character since any upgrades could just end up being wasted resources on a character you'll never max out depending on how ridiculous the grind is. The faster output of banners is scummy, but it personally doesn't affect me too much since I'm only gonna use my currency on that 5* rate-up banner anyway because of how bad the normal rates are. I do like the characters, and I can tell that there's been a lot of care put into the game from a narrative/proper adaptation perspective. I don't have many issues with the base game itself. I guess this is just what happens when you have an EA-like publisher that just wants as much profit as possible monetizing the game.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
I was enjoying Revue, but I dropped it the second I saw them drop a banner mid Halloween and one that power crept Maya not even four days in. With terrible rates and the rate they're moving at only whales will be able to keep up.
While I won't argue that dropping a banner mid event, and mere days after starting up the game was in poor form, the Heracles version of Michiru isn't a pure power creep against Maya IMO.

Maya is a normal tank. She has very high normal defense (917 max) and can create a barrier against normal attacks on top of that. On the flip side her special defense is "only" 657, and she has no way of creating barriers against that type of attack. Michiru is the opposite. She has a high special defense (1009) and can create barriers against special attacks (plus poison immunity and act up). Her normal defense is only 611 though. I mean technically she does have the ability to create a barrier against normal attacks (plus special attacks and Fortitude) with her Climax skill, but it's not like you're always in that mode, and barriers don't last forever.

If you're facing heavy special attacks, Michiru will be king. If you're facing normal attacks, then Maya still reigns supreme. Ideally you'd have both and use them as the situation dictates. Granted getting both is a crapshoot. Maya can be re-rolled for, but Michiru is a total gamble. Personally I just used up all my luck tonight and rolled a second 10-pull on that banner and got 2 Michiru. (Which was then promptly followed up by whether I wanted to spend $40 on potential crystals lol.)

The game is gonna be terrible if you're at all interested in PvP (I'm either going to just do the daily or at best get 4 chests). Powercreep in PvE is only relevant if it's literally not possible without the newest units, which isn't as common. Though admittedly, I wouldn't put it past them at this point.
I'm ignoring PvP all together, even if that means I miss out on rewards because of it. I want nothing to do with something that'll obviously be whale-to-win, and my sanity is better preserved by just pretending it doesn't exist. (Just like I pretended this Halloween event didn't exist.) Keeping up with PvP meta in a game like Azur Lane is bearable because getting every new ship is very doable without spending money. This game? No way without being the proverbial son of the RNG gods. Once you're through the story the crystal feed rate will drop to a trickle vs what you need for even a single 10-pull.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
The real problem with Michiru is that her fortitude stack. The closest example I can think of is Hercules in FGO with his bond CE, which gives him 3 guts so he can revive 3 times before you can kill him. If you can keep stacking her "guts" she'll never ever die, which is easy to do if you give her a memoir that gives brilliance per turn. Could you imagine playing a PVP version of FGO where Herc basically tanks every hit, and can revive endlessly?

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
That sounds more like a game mechanics flaw than character power creep though. Who thought that stacking that sort of thing was a good idea?

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
The new revue event is already easier. They pack all of the upgrade materials into 10x packs. So you only have to open 3 boxes at best. There are also 4 difficulty modes this time. The easy mode I coul;d auto without any of the event cards in just 2 turns.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
The new revue event is already easier. They pack all of the upgrade materials into 10x packs. So you only have to open 3 boxes at best. There are also 4 difficulty modes this time. The easy mode I coul;d auto without any of the event cards in just 2 turns
Back in train rerolling :p. Going to skip pvp as much as possible.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm gonna say the new event looks doable at a glance. They've also made it so easy only costs 5 instead of 10, which is nice. I'm cautiously going to invest in this event character, though not touching my gem stash.

Last edited:

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Starlight performance tanked for me with this update, so I think they might have added some shit in to mess with emulators. Battles run at like 10fps now. (Nox)

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
In Starlight I guess I got an account, this time it took 4 rerolls. It was first time I got 4* from single ticket during all these rerolls Ive done.

- Single ticket was Maya.
- 1500 Gem multi had Kaoruko
- 3000 Gem guaranteed had Ichie.

Now I don't know who to choose from Redo gacha. Suggestions for PVE?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Oh! My Office launched today. Never heard of it but tried it. It's super fun, and kinda casual.

It's basically a gacha-ish game you play in 2 minute chunks. You manage an office, hire workers, punish them if they slack off, and events will pop up like if they're thirsty you can give them a drink and it'll make them go into overdrive. There are some games like it on the market but it's got a really nice art style and just enough gameplay to make it fun in short bursts.

I'm on my phone so I don't have links to the game but here are a couple screens.

eBEWKF2.jpg

NEDSTWL.jpg

Deleted member 49574

Banned
Nov 12, 2018
Norway
Apparently that Dengeki Bunko game is ghost published by Nexon or something...
Well that's a pass from me then.

https://www.facebook.com/2234507460126471/posts/2310244409219442/

1️⃣ Regarding the Starter Plan reward, the Student Council will add bonus events in May including "#May_Gift" and "#S_Class_Pick" event as well as increase the availability of S-Class characters in the game. For further information, please follow closely to our fan page and in-game notice (Please refer to the image below for the detailed event info).
2️⃣ We have noticed several feedbacks by players concerning low character acquisition rate and receiving materials instead of characters through Gacha draws; therefore, in the SEA servers, we have decided to increase the chance of obtaining characters to 100%.
3️⃣ The initial version uses a "fixed probability rate" system, so it may be difficult for some players to draw the S-level card even after multiple tries. As a result, we implement the new and improved "Luck Points" system so players will receive an increased chance to obtain S-level character after each failed attempt.
4️⃣ Last but certainly not least, Saku is terribly sorry for the bugs that players may encounter during the game. All the reports and feedbacks are reviewed carefully by the development team and will be fixed promptly.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Tales of Wind also just launched.

The voice acting.

Oh my God. The VOICE ACTING IS SO BAD. It's seriously hilariously awful.

CloverNotes

Oct 25, 2017
Oh! My Office launched today. Never heard of it but tried it. It's super fun, and kinda casual.

It's basically a gacha-ish game you play in 2 minute chunks. You manage an office, hire workers, punish them if they slack off, and events will pop up like if they're thirsty you can give them a drink and it'll make them go into overdrive. There are some games like it on the market but it's got a really nice art style and just enough gameplay to make it fun in short bursts.

I'm on my phone so I don't have links to the game but here are a couple screens.

eBEWKF2.jpg

NEDSTWL.jpg
This game look adorable! Can't wait to try it out.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Already got event Junna to 5*. This event is much better.
Can almost clear the 3rd level boss in one try too.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to hear they turned it around, but with Magia around the corner dunno if I should bother.
As somebody who enjoys the game and also has a Bushiroad bias I say nah.
Rates are garbo and only made worse with Memoirs.
Free currency is a trickle.
Powercreep in the first week.
If only one of those was a factor I'd say yeah but with all three it's not worth it over other games without already being invested or until they make changes.