• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Here's some of the sigficant differences that makes this current event a lot better than the god awful Halloween one for Starlight Revue:
-The first difficulty boss only costs 5 keys instead of 10 and still awards 5 masks, while the second difficulty costs 10 instead of 20 and awards 12 masks. While the second difficulty rewards slightly less compared to Halloween, both difficulties costs half as much as before so you basically get twice as many lottery pulls.
-Potential bloom crystals are bundled in groups of 10 now instead of 5, the grand prize box prizes are only 5 instead of 10/15 with extra junk, and the overall pool is significantly less. The first box gives enough to 4*, the second enough to 5*, and the third enough to 6*.
-You are now rewarded stamina for running event maps, masks for upgrading the event character's skill pool, and gold for upgrading from 3* to 4* to 5*. This actually gives you a rebate for devoting resources into the event character when before there wasn't any, and makes the grind significantly faster, so that you can legitimately 5* the character within the first two days of the event (I managed to do that and my account is literally less than 48 hours old right now).

Overall, a lot of good changes. I'll probably be sticking with the game now, since I like the gameplay and especially because the dailies can be done quickly thanks to being able to just skip any stage you've 3-star'd. I don't think I'd really recommend the game though unless you like the IP/characters, because it still has terrible rates, slow in-game currency gain, blatant powercreep that's happening at a breakneck pace because of the faster content rollout, and those stamina/gold packs for $7.99 "refreshed" to last as long as this event again. Definitely never something you should ever put money into in its current state, but I'd say to watch the anime if you're interested since this is technically a continuation of it, and you can probably get a lot out of the story beats if you're invested.

Last edited:

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be up for putting money on it once the game catches up to JP, but until then probably not a good idea.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Well this is good news at least. Unfortunately I'll probably miss out on the May events (including the S Pick one) since it's not even released here in Canada (or the US, for that matter) yet, and it likely won't for a while (have they even said whether it'll even be released here?). I can't APK it either since I'm on iOS. We'll see if I even feel like still playing it, since I have Magi Record to look forward to.

Deleted member 49574

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2018
Norway
Well this is good news at least. Unfortunately I'll probably miss out on the May events (including the S Pick one) since it's not even released here in Canada (or the US, for that matter) yet, and it likely won't for a while (have they even said whether it'll even be released here?). I can't APK it either since I'm on iOS. We'll see if I even feel like still playing it, since I have Magi Record to look forward to.

It's just SEA :/ I would install it too if it was global. I'm on iOS also

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Oh! My Office launched today. Never heard of it but tried it. It's super fun, and kinda casual.

Yeah, gave it a try, it's kinda cute, though the fact that rates aren't shown is a little disappointing. Still, this is a special kind of Gatcha Game, outside of it's interesting gameplay premise.

...it's an Ad Gatcha. As in, you can play as much as you want and with small bonuses or time extensions on levels... as long as you choose to watch a 15-30 second Ad as "payment."

This model has always confused me. The people watching these kinds of Ads are already playing a Gatcha game, one they are already engaged with... why will they be swayed by the same "this how mafia work," bull shot leveling and gameplay?

It's at least to our benefit, as this makes it essentially a free Gatcha without* an energy system, letting you play it as little or as much as you want, even getting extra time* and clear rewards*.

(The *'s are all essentially loading screens, but with crappy games on them.)

So... check it out for a sec, see if you're interested. It downloads pretty quick.

It's at least got some good charm to it.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
-You are now rewarded stamina for running event maps, masks for upgrading the event character's skill pool, and gold for upgrading from 3* to 4* to 5*. This actually gives you a rebate for devoting resources into the event character when before there wasn't any, and makes the grind significantly faster, so that you can legitimately 5* the character within the first two days of the event (I managed to do that and my account is literally less than 48 hours old right now).
Btw. Thanks to this event I got Kaoruko (base 4* unit) to Rank 4. Those skill up orbs that drop from event gacha are fitter for her element (obviously same for event girl). And Karuko is awesome in this event due to element.

MLB event memoir lvl 30 4* Karuoku at lvl 47

I can clear event normal in one try, rest of the party is 4* units without memoirs at level 38 / 41 / 45

Last edited:

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I wanted to try Revue but it doesn't seem to work on my S5 mini. Strange, because more demanding games still work.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Just checked and Valkyrie Anatomia works on my S5 mini but not Revue. How is that possible?

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Just checked and Valkyrie Anatomia works on my S5 mini but not Revue. How is that possible?
Valkyrie Anatomia is a three year old game. Revue is a 6 month old game. Easy.

BTW just dropped Valkyrie, it wasn't bad but I want to play Last Cloudia and it was either dropping that or Revue, and I'm enjoying Revue a lot, so bye Valkyrie, you won't be that missed.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
This is against app store rules.

Holy shit, yeah, you're right, I scrubbed the whole thing looking for any sort of rate information and getting nothing.

Yeah, actually, DON'T play Oh~! My Office!

Especially as they both don't provide this information, and I'm pretty sure now there's something sketchy to the whole "watch ads all the time for extra little features" thing, on recollection.

It's not that fun to risk something not going good with it.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
So far the rates in sid shock seem decent.
12% on rate up.
As always, there is a catch.

1st summon banner has 3% for Sidian (97% for shards) 2.8% for 3* Sid rate.
* One pull 100 gems
* 11 pulls 1000 gems

2nd summon banner has 10% for Sidian (90% for shards) 3* 2.8%
* One pull 250 gems
* 11 pulls 2500 gems

3rd Time limited "increased chance to get Charien 3* (10%)
-> 12.7% Sidian rate (shards 87.3%) where 12.5% for 3*
* One pull 500 gems
* 11 pulls 5000 gems

Ive burned my nrg and started to suffle in menus and noticed you can Reset Account (Delete Account). Thus started rerolling, takes under 1 minute to do 3 summons (you can go to settings before first fight).
Sofar noticed that first summon is always fixed 1* Valkyrie. 2nd and 3rd free summons been different units 1* or 2*. Thus I think there is a chance to get 3* also. Now trying to actually get one 3* from start :p.

-> There is. 2nd summon can be Chaerin and 3rd summon Chris.

According to pull rates before last free summon it is possible to get 3* Chris.

Screenshot_20190501-172125.png

Also it is possible to get 3* from second summon, now should one aim for 2x 3* from start...

Screenshot_20190501-172603.png

Edit: Started with 2* tank (from 2nd summon) and 3* Chris (healer) from 3rd summon.

Last edited:

sullenclown

May 26, 2018

If you're planning on not spending money yet on Crossing Void but just want to play, can't you just create an account for the Philippine App Store for example? I believe it doesn't require you a payment method now for Itunes account creation.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
While I won't argue that dropping a banner mid event, and mere days after starting up the game was in poor form, the Heracles version of Michiru isn't a pure power creep against Maya IMO.

Maya is a normal tank. She has very high normal defense (917 max) and can create a barrier against normal attacks on top of that. On the flip side her special defense is "only" 657, and she has no way of creating barriers against that type of attack. Michiru is the opposite. She has a high special defense (1009) and can create barriers against special attacks (plus poison immunity and act up). Her normal defense is only 611 though. I mean technically she does have the ability to create a barrier against normal attacks (plus special attacks and Fortitude) with her Climax skill, but it's not like you're always in that mode, and barriers don't last forever.

If you're facing heavy special attacks, Michiru will be king. If you're facing normal attacks, then Maya still reigns supreme. Ideally you'd have both and use them as the situation dictates. Granted getting both is a crapshoot. Maya can be re-rolled for, but Michiru is a total gamble. Personally I just used up all my luck tonight and rolled a second 10-pull on that banner and got 2 Michiru. (Which was then promptly followed up by whether I wanted to spend $40 on potential crystals lol.)

I'm ignoring PvP all together, even if that means I miss out on rewards because of it. I want nothing to do with something that'll obviously be whale-to-win, and my sanity is better preserved by just pretending it doesn't exist. (Just like I pretended this Halloween event didn't exist.) Keeping up with PvP meta in a game like Azur Lane is bearable because getting every new ship is very doable without spending money. This game? No way without being the proverbial son of the RNG gods. Once you're through the story the crystal feed rate will drop to a trickle vs what you need for even a single 10-pull.
I'm comparing chests between bronze rank and platinum rank and I feel like as f2p you can just stay in bronze and win chests there for about as much as legend would get. Purposely lose your rank ups matches

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I'm willing to try it assuming they don't make any changes to the global version. If they make even one change to global that isn't beneficial to the player, I'm instantly out.

Oh, and obviously I'll never spend a cent.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'll try it out too, as the story/characetrs interest me and the music is apparently nice, but similar to you, I'm not spending a cent. If they mess with the rates and make everything ridiculously low and are strict with free currency, I might not even give it a download. It all depends.

At most, I have a feeling it'll be a filler title until Magia Record releases. FGO, DL and MR are probably going to be my three "main" gacha titles, with Bang Dream, Azur Lane and Revue Starlight as my more casual ones.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Does Magia Record have auto? Please say they took FGO, made it about magical girls, and added auto.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure it does, but I could be wrong on that.

Edit: Yeah, there's 2x speed AND auto.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
After a year of playing, its nice to see my support list finally getting together to something I'm proud of. Shame, I don't have enough materials to level up Santa Alter as she is the only one who has skills below level five.

Edit: Wrong thread.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wrong thread? I'm happy to see your FGO progress coming along though, Castile! :)

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
I must say theres a vast difference between this current Revue event and the last, through light/daily grinding i'm already over 400 keys! i'll have a lot of boss fights to do, lol

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Yeah, I'm on the third box with about 300 prizes left in Revue. Even with the worst luck I'll probably be able to 6* by the event's end, which is a lot better than the last event. I think Revue is great as a casual side gacha with its skip system, so it's possible to do all the dailies and burn the stamina in less than 10 minutes. You can just take events as they come and enjoy the SoL side stories. I do recommend watching the anime though to get a better idea on what's going on.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
If you mean Story wise then the anime series then the movies (1 and 2 are retellings while the 3rd one, rebbelion is a sequel). The game plays in an alt universe but is best played after the 3rd movie.
Ah it's only 12 episodes and 3 movies. I thought it was more since it's so popular.
I just checked the rates in Magia for a 4* and it's 1%.

Last edited:

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
Expected drops.

Population Gacha By Galaxy Users

Changes in population over 4 last weeks:
  • AFK Arena +506,59% (released in new regions)
  • Marvel Future Fight +86%
  • Dragalia Lost +35,35%
  • RAID +21,67%
  • Destiny Child +12,41%
  • Azur Lane +10,66%
  • MARVEL Strike Force +9,68%
  • Epic Seven +9,25%
  • Girls Frontline +7,81%
  • Idle Heroes +2,80%
  • Fate Grand Order (NA) +2,48%
  • Empires & Puzzles: RPG Quest +0,36%

• Brave Frontier -0,74%
  • Summoner's War -0,92%
  • Monster Super League -0,98%
  • Seven Knights -2,38%
  • BanG Dream! -2,58%
  • Fate Grand Order (JP) -3,74%
  • Aurora Legends -5,52%
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia -6,01%
  • Hustle Castle -8,21%
  • Fire Emblem Heroes -8,24%
  • Final Fantasy Brave Exvius -9,12%
  • Destiny Knights -11,21%
  • Honkai Impact 3 -14,88%
  • Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle -16,47%
  • Crusader's Quest -17,23%
  • Mobius Final Fantasy -17,51%
  • Knights Chronicle -18,32%
  • Star Wars™ Galaxy of Heroes -18,64%
  • King's Raid -20,86%
  • Dragon Ball Legends -20,93%
  • Granblue Fantasy -24,09%
  • Valkyrie Connect -26,05%
  • One Piece Tresure Cruise -26,96%
  • Grand Summoners -31,67%
  • Grand Chase -31,98%
  • Langrisser -33,61%
  • Brown Dust -35,80%
  • LYN: The Lightbringer -58,25%
  • Might & Magic Elemental Guardians -66,07%
Credit: https://www.reddit.com/r/gachagaming/comments/bjs5rd/population_gacha_by_galaxy_users/

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I recently dropped Langrisser and Brown Dust, so my comments for each upon seeing that that's happening on a wider scale (for Galaxy users at least):

Langrisser: The fact that Dragalia made the daily grind faster (All dailies were smooshed into one less daily chest for the same daily rewards amount) before Langrisser astounds me. I just stared at that change and was like, "this is what Langrisser has been needing..." since it's probably the #1 reason most people drop Langrisser, me included. If they implemented Revue's system of being able to auto-complete anything you've done already, that would definitely keep people sticking around to at least login and do dailies as opposed to being worn down by the daily grind and eventually dropping it.

Brown Dust: I think I personally got burned out from how hardcore I was with the Novice Arena PvP, so there's a real chance I might come back eventually. However, the fact that the game doesn't really have anything like new stages or narratives for events/banners, just bonus event rewards on what you're already grinded is a bit lackluster. It meant when I felt like I wanted to take a break from going so hard on the PvP, there suddenly wasn't much in the game to hold my interest anymore. There aren't any side-stories to read like in DL/Revue or new content regularly added to work on strictly-speaking, so it's a game that basically only has PvP to maintain interest eventually. Having characters be more than just a picture (most 3*'s don't even have a portrait) so people are more invested in them and having new event narratives/event stages to grind would help.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I just dropped Epic Seven, the grind from this current collab event made me realize that the only thing I do in this game is grind with absolutely no progression, which made me realize that I basically didn't enjoy playing the game.So yeah.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brown Dust: I think I personally got burned out from how hardcore I was with the Novice Arena PvP, so there's a real chance I might come back eventually. However, the fact that the game doesn't really have anything like new stages or narratives for events/banners, just bonus event rewards on what you're already grinded is a bit lackluster. It meant when I felt like I wanted to take a break from going so hard on the PvP, there suddenly wasn't much in the game to hold my interest anymore. There aren't any side-stories to read like in DL/Revue or new content regularly added to work on strictly-speaking, so it's a game that basically only has PvP to maintain interest eventually. Having characters be more than just a picture (most 3*'s don't even have a portrait) so people are more invested in them and having new event narratives/event stages to grind would help.

I largely agree with this, though they did add side stories with this weeks update.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I largely agree with this, though they did add side stories with this weeks update.

Hrm, that does sound promising. I might startup a new account at some point then to have a look. As much as I loved min-maxing and only using 3*'s for Novice Arena, it definitely hindered my PvE capabilities. It also started to get draining and have diminishing returns as time went on due to people getting smarter as I climbed higher in the top 200, requiring me to dedicate even more time if I want to keep my top 100 standing. Having a fresh start where I can use Hell/Leto instead of just trying to counter them would be nice.

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
Non-gacha but if you are in the same position as me waiting for a gacha worthy of your interest you might as well occupy yourself with this if you are a big moba fan player,

Koolio's impression

It is currently in CTB in English for SEA players. The CTB ends on 06.05.2019 and it will be released globally soon.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I only know that game because it has a lot of collabs with playable characters, they had MHA and right now they're having Mob Psycho

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Got the event Junna to 6* this morning. Feels so nice to have done it days before the event ended while still having bad luck on event box pulls rather than scrambling the entire time only to be guaranteed failure.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly Starlight relies on the power boost of the event gacha characters way too much. You're pretty much forced to either have or use somebody else's event gacha character to have any decent farm rate on the event boss. Feels cheap and diminishes any sense of accomplishment. If I'm relying on somebody else's character to do the vast majority of the damage, why the hell am I even playing? It nullifies any sense of progression since the characters you've dumped time into do jack shit compared to the new hotness that has a massive artificial boost applied to her. I'm sure their goal is to make you want to roll for the event character, but for me it just makes me question why I'm even bothering with the event. I shouldn't feel like I'm obligated to use a certain character. Ever. That's just bad game design IMO.

Debating just dropping the game at this point. I could go hyper casual and ignore all events, but then there will be no new content once the story is played through anyhow. I don't know what future events will be like, but if they follow this trend, count me out.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
As a gacha game, the only thing Revue Starlight has over others is the skip system and an okay battle system. The rates are bad, the gacha is terrible, the powercreep is blatant, the enemy variety is non-existent, the first Halloween event (aka the first impression) was atrocious, and the fact that there's no in-game items to restore stamina in such a stamina-heavy game is baffling.

The game is entirely carried by its IP, which it at least handles decently if you're invested/interested. If you like the characters, then there's a lot there with event stories, "My Theater" shorts, bond stories, and the gradually unlocking stories from beating the main campaign, all of which is voice-acted and in live 2-D. I can easily see fans being satisfied in that sense because there's a lot of clear effort being put into those aspects of the game, I'll personally keep playing for that same reason. If you're only in it for the gameplay and don't really care about the IP, however, then there's much better alternatives as far as gacha games go.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
I just dropped Epic Seven, the grind from this current collab event made me realize that the only thing I do in this game is grind with absolutely no progression, which made me realize that I basically didn't enjoy playing the game.So yeah.

I'm not ready to drop E7, but for a game that has so much grinding, release some QOL updates to make the grinding more tolerable jfc. Skip tickets, automatic stage redo, auto chest open, more molas, easier unit upgrades, separate the artifact and unit summons and most important some sort of guaranteed cushion for summonings outside of the limited banners.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm not ready to drop E7, but for a game that has so much grinding, release some QOL updates to make the grinding more tolerable jfc. Skip tickets, automatic stage redo, auto chest open, more molas, easier unit upgrades, separate the artifact and unit summons and most important some sort of guaranteed cushion for summonings outside of the limited banners.

I didn't keep up with the game for long after launch, but auto chest opening in E7 with a support character was an upcoming feature talked about by the devs basically right after launch, mentioned towards the end of the 11/21 Dev Notes 5 months ago. Is that still not a thing?

Black Thunder

Nov 1, 2017
Non-gacha but if you are in the same position as me waiting for a gacha worthy of your interest you might as well occupy yourself with this if you are a big moba fan player,

Koolio's impression

It is currently in CTB in English for SEA players. The CTB ends on 06.05.2019 and it will be released globally soon.

Was really into the JP version last season. It's got fun designs, which makes it easy to get into if you kinda like MOBA's, but medieval/fantasy doesn't do it for you.

EDIT: Oh, and there is gacha for skins.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Welp, that's a rather slow QoL feature turnaround. I guess the devs don't think it's too high priority if the game's doing well regardless, which isn't wrong.