• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I just found out pulling duplicates in Magia Record is a thing. This is going to be hell for limited banners, I want to unlock more than one slot on those characters. >_<

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I just found out pulling duplicates in Magia Record is a thing. This is going to be hell for limited banners
2dRGjmL.gif

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Revue Starlight:
My Musketeer Junna SHREDS now that I have her nearly maxed. She's only missing like six slots in her board but I can't complete them cause they require the highest rarity of tokens.
My opponent can have the upper hand in PVP but as soon as I get to climax and can fire off her special it'll take out 2-3 of their characters which is often enough to make them surrender.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Thank god my stars are safe until Hikari. We're getting a 100 floor tower after maintenance which gives a total of 6500 gems and almost 3 million gold, this is good for me since I only have 3000 left from Nana.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
In Revue Did the event end to maintenance? 2h ago it did show 1 day to go. But not sure how it goes. I have 71 chests to open in gacha and Iam fearing that my natural stamina plus quest reward & Theater sta is not enough to get keys to open em. Still need 1/5 (10 power ups) to event unit to get her to 6*.

As for gems I have ~13600 now, after rerolling (where I got 4x 4*) I havent used gems. Also Karouko is now 6* thanks to element advance this event was cakewalk to newbie, well except the hardest boss. Too bad stamina is hard to get and its must to use it to chapter 4 in event to get those double key drops. Over 1mil gold too, but three of my base 4* girls will eat the gold buffer fast when I get ranks to them.

Thus I think I have certain rainbow orbs alot waiting a day I have some units to use them. Glad that I managed to burn stamina and do quests before maintenance. Didn't know its today :).

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope the event didn't end. I was at 40/300 for my final 10 Junna shards. :/

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Event will last for one more day, so about until this time tomorrow. But its likely we'll keep getting the events immediately instead of having one day breaks. This is just the release of the last bit of PvE content outside events. As for more story, they are adding it soon in JP, so we'll get it in the next 4-6 months probably.

Edit: There are good banners coming if you aren't going super into PVP, like the Christmas Mahiru coming soon, so its ultimately up to you. Also the new PvE content will require healing since you can only reset your formation and health once a day. Its recommended that you level up your 2* Mahiru for this since she heals.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Well that's a relief at least. Hopefully maintenance won't be extended so I can burn my stamina before sleep.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
The event won't have ended. The countdown clock still read 1 day when the previous event got down to hours and minutes before it ended.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
There are good banners coming if you aren't going super into PVP, like the Christmas Mahiru coming soon, so its ultimately up to you. Also the new PvE content will require healing since you can only reset your formation and health once a day. Its recommended that you level up your 2* Mahiru for this since she heals.

Well that's a relief at least.

The event won't have ended.

Thanks, with this account Ive done 0 pvp fights sofar. I might someday when Iam in good mood (having cold beer and free time) to do few :).
I was saving for Kirafest (or whatever it will be called in global) / Legfest / Godfest / Summonfest to double rates for characters. And will level my 2* healer, good tips.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm saving for Amaterasu Hikari. I'm not pulling at all until she arrives, I'm going to resist EVERYTHING.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I've got 24k saved right now, all ready to drop on kirafest.
If you stay ready you don't gotta get ready.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
As expected, they're giving us the entire 100 floors at once. You have to form 2 teams so good luck.

Edit: The tower lets you select 2 parties. You can't have the same units or memories for them. Also its 3 battles per floor, so 300 battles.

Last edited:

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one that things the whole Taiwan event thing is scummy as fuck? Like, pay the same you would normally pay for that amount of gems and get a chance of going to an event, and even then, accomodations are on you. What the hell

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one that things the whole Taiwan event thing is scummy as fuck? Like, pay the same you would normally pay for that amount of gems and get a chance of going to an event, and even then, accomodations are on you. What the hell
It's pretty shitty cause who the hell would be able to do that? The event is on the 25th of THIS month and the 110 winners aren't even announced until the 15th. Who can plan, purchase, and execute a trip to TAIWAN in 10 days?
The rules also mention you need your phone and game to get entrance to the event so they can confirm your player ID. I feel like there are better ways of confirming identity than that.

Anyway, I'm sure 99% of players will scoff at the offer like I did and ignore it.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Taiwan event thing is scummy as fuck?
Who can plan, purchase, and execute a trip to TAIWAN in 10 days?

Hah, tinkering this littlebit more.

It prolly would take more than 10 days to get Visa from here (Finland) to Taiwan. Traveling by plane + extra landings and plane switches would also take some time (quick googling show travel time from 14h to 1 day 11h). Due to the time table, cheapest one way plane ticket are from 737€ upwards (Helsinki - Taipei).

Then one needs to remember vaccinations etc :D. Yeah what a troll deal.

Hoping to get enough keys today without spending gems to stamina so that I can power up event Junna to 6*.
Event gacha is 47/400 and I miss the last shards for Junna. Most likely gacha is rigged and there is like 99.90% chance that last shards are in <50 items left. Just to troll people more and put it so that they "must" use gems to stamina.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I think 6*-ing the event character is doable (especially compared to Halloween) without using gems, but it definitely requires you to hit the ground running as soon as the event starts and to try to min-max. I finished 6*-ing basically with 1 day left, and that was with less than 30 in the pool. Yachiyo REALLY trivializes most non-boss PvE content though, so that definitely helped me along with immediately following any gacha 4* event character I saw.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017

Apr.2019 Anime Mobile Game Revenue Review (U.S. Region)

tldw list

1.) E7

2.) DB Dokkan

3.) FGO

4.) FE Heroes

5.) DB Legends

6.) Yugioh DL

7.) Dragaalia Lost

8.) Langrisser

9.) Bleach Brave Souls

10.) Azur Lane

11.) Honkai Impact

12.) Brown Dust

13.) Naruto Blazing Ninja

14.) Girls X2 Battle

15.) Grand Summoners

16.) Destiny Child

17.) Danmachi

18.) King's Raid

19.) Girls Frontline

20.) Onmyoji

21.) Unison League

22.) Shadowverse

23.) Sword Art Memory Defrag

24.) Alchemist Code

25.) Another Eden

26.) One Piece Treasure Cruise

27.) Moe Moe Girl

28) Aurora Legends

29.) Food Fantasy

30.) Grand Chase

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Omg I forgot Onmyoji existed.

Glad to see Another Eden trucking along. I was worried it wouldn't even make an appearance.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
E7 beating out DB Dokkan and FGO is mighty impressive. I think E7, Dragalia, and Azur Lane in the top 10 are all particularly noteworthy since they're games with no IP attachment like the rest. Also nice to see that DL's still placing even with reducing summoning costs and removing wyrmprints, making it statistically a lot cheaper to whale for what you want compared to before.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
E7 beating out DB Dokkan and FGO is mighty impressive. I think E7, Dragalia, and Azur Lane in the top 10 are all particularly noteworthy since they're games with no IP attachment like the rest. Also nice to see that DL's still placing even with reducing summoning costs and removing wyrmprints, making it statistically a lot cheaper to whale for what you want compared to before.

The only way at this point to break into the top 5 of the gacha market is either having a huge IP like FGO and DBZ or fantastic production value plus good gameplay like E7.

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
SEA version of Eternal City (Forever Seven Days) launches in about 8 hours, available for preload now. It's an action brawler with the gimmick of running on a 7 day reset timer.
Of most significance to me is that it has Steins;Gate collab units (+ Miku).

Just heads up if you missed this and if you care. Obviously this is only one player opinion (not mine, havent tested the game). From Reddit.

AndanteZero said:
I played the closed beta. Its pretty pay to play heavy. The gacha itself is ridiculously bad. You've got low rarity characters, character shards(numbered), and equipment bunched into the gacha. Plus, it's not like you get a number of shards to get the character. Shards are numbered. So you have to get all of the shards. Duplicate shards don't matter.
The combat is sluggish and top down view. If you like Honkai Impact 3, stay with that game. This won't impress you.

Please tell your impressions when its launched so we all know more :).

In Revue I got that 1 missing event Junna promo. Whopping 37/400 left when I made the 8 pull.
Screenshot_20190508-204734.png

Also what the heck, some lolworthy reward.

Screenshot_20190508-205147.png

"Here is our generous 40 stamina reward for clearing Event Revue 1000 times." They should give like 400 stamina and it still would be lol for those who do it.
Kinda surprised that I cleared it 518 times, "Skip" makes it so fast :).

Art is nice, not wondering why they say its waifu game.

Screenshot_20190508-205051.png

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Just finished watching the event story in Revue. The thing that keeps me playing despite all of the game's shortcomings is how much commitment/work/effort went in to adapting the IP into this pseudo-VN format. Now that I've seen the anime and have a better idea on who these characters are, I feel like this event story could have literally been an OVA episode. I found it hilarious that Michiru sided with the Phantom as a kid, and I enjoyed the chemistry between Nana/Junna. I hope the publishers tone down the greed so that the game doesn't just eventually close down by everyone getting turned off by the terrible practices, but I'm not go hold my breath; c'est la vie...

DeejayDoom

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at 33k crystals in Revue and i really need to roll on something to fish dupes, so i can uncap things faster.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish Nexon weren't behind it. This is a total monkey paw wish for me. :(

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Nexon is always a bad sign, but people have talked shit about Sinoalice from the start. I'll give it a chance and hope its not the nightmare everyone says it is.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
In order to pre-register for SINOaLICE, they force you to sign up for their newsletter.

Never change, Nexon.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
That shit goes straight to the spam folder, so I don't really care about it, but I wish Nexon wouldn't be such fucks.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
They make it sound like only people who pre-register get the bonus rewards too. I'd like to think they can't be that awful and they'll give them to everyone who logs on/plays during the launch period, but Nexon...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
That's what I want to know. The way they word it makes it sound like only people who pre-register will get anything.

"Pre-registered users earn a gift based on the total number of pre-registrations!"

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Yachiyo is still a monster in Revue. I think the best roll you can get in the 24h reroll gacha is Lalafin/Yachiyo if you're only concerned with PvE and don't care to re-roll much. She basically singlehandedly carries you to the end PvE-wise easily, while Lalafin is a 3* tank with good stats that's still occasionally used in high ranking JP PvP even with all the powercreep because of her high utility (AoE act down as her 3 AP and AoE DoT as her Climax).

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
I'm confused. You only play as one character in Sinoalice and pull for weapons?
You pull for character classes and weapons. Theres a set number of characters outside of collabs and you get 1 of each free by doing quests, but to get different classes (sniper, bard, etc.) You do gacha or I think events? Im postive on Gacha but not sure on events.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
You pull for character classes and weapons. Theres a set number of characters outside of collabs and you get 1 of each free by doing quests, but to get different classes (sniper, bard, etc.) You do gacha or I think events? Im postive on Gacha but not sure on events.
But what's the point in having so many characters when you only play as one?

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Yachiyo is still a monster in Revue. I think the best roll you can get in the 24h reroll gacha is Lalafin/Yachiyo if you're only concerned with PvE and don't care to re-roll much. She basically singlehandedly carries you to the end PvE-wise easily, while Lalafin is a 3* tank with good stats that's still occasionally used in high ranking JP PvP even with all the powercreep because of her high utility (AoE act down as her 3 AP and AoE DoT as her Climax).
I don't have her, but at the same time I haven't felt like I'm missing much given how prevalent she is for bringing as a guest. Guest damage dealers do their thing fine since they're almost entirely about their climax skill. Tanks and utility on the other hand need to be in your party to function best as they're either keeping the party alive until climax, or otherwise aiding the party with non-climax skills.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I don't have her, but at the same time I haven't felt like I'm missing much given how prevalent she is for bringing as a guest. Guest damage dealers do their thing fine since they're almost entirely about their climax skill. Tanks and utility on the other hand need to be in your party to function best as they're either keeping the party alive until climax, or otherwise aiding the party with non-climax skills.

That's fair, though I think Lalafin is easily the best long-term investment tank out of the starting roster, more so than Maya even, which is why I think Yachiyo/Lalafin is a better start than Maya/3* DPS assuming you're only doing the 24h gacha without any account re-rolling. Of course, with light account re-rolling I went with Maya/Yachiyo/Lalafin, while the perfect start would be something like Maya/Yachiyo/Aruru/Lalafin (or going crazy re-roll with Maya/Yachiyo/Aruru/Ichie/Lalafin) in terms of covering all your bases short-term and long-term. A personal Yachiyo is also probably quite good for Stage of Dreams.

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
You can switch characters which my time with the JP version is the equivalent of "teams"? Like youll have your girl, weapons, familiar(s?) And they correspond to different elements. So you might not want to fight a battle with one girl so you choose another.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
That's fair, though I think Lalafin is easily the best long-term investment tank out of the starting roster, more so than Maya even, which is why I think Yachiyo/Lalafin is a better start than Maya/3* DPS assuming you're only doing the 24h gacha without any account re-rolling. Of course, with light account re-rolling I went with Maya/Yachiyo/Lalafin, while the perfect start would be something like Maya/Yachiyo/Aruru/Lalafin (or going crazy re-roll with Maya/Yachiyo/Aruru/Ichie/Lalafin) in terms of covering all your bases short-term and long-term. A personal Yachiyo is also probably quite good for Stage of Dreams.
I got Maya at the start, followed by Tamao, and then picked Aruru. Decided that was good enough and didn't waste time rerolling. I don't care about being competitive though. So long as things work out for the non PvP portions of the game, I'm fine. Can't speak for Stage of Dreams since I haven't played it, and probably won't for some time as I'm just skilling up characters. Seems to be a permanent addition to the game, so I'm in no rush to touch it.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed the Global version of Blank City released. Think of it as a more simple Honkai Impact 3rd. I like the art style, so I'll give it a try and see how it is.

Edit: It might just be iOS right now, I'm not sure. List of Countries:

Thailand, Australia, Canada, Indonesia, Philippine, Singapore, and Malaysia.

Here's some gameplay:

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
New gacha event in Revue. Too bad I don't have Cloud unit "ready". Well time to go in with whole party and do event and see how I do with Normal (10 keys) event boss.
Almost finished story during yesterday. Now it will have to wait again til this event is finished. Most likely all the stamina goes to event story.

In last event I made 516 event story clears (most of them by skipping last chapter fights that were 13 stamina and usually dropped 2 keys per fight). This is good ball mark to see what is now needed. Ok at start of last event I did story too for orb drops to get party together.