• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NoirSuede

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
E7 beating out DB Dokkan and FGO is mighty impressive. I think E7, Dragalia, and Azur Lane in the top 10 are all particularly noteworthy since they're games with no IP attachment like the rest. Also nice to see that DL's still placing even with reducing summoning costs and removing wyrmprints, making it statistically a lot cheaper to whale for what you want compared to before.
Azur Lane stole a lot of KanColle's market so it doesn't exactly have 0 IP attachments

NoirSuede

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed the Global version of Blank City released. Think of it as a more simple Honkai Impact 3rd. I like the art style, so I'll give it a try and see how it is.

Edit: It might just be iOS right now, I'm not sure. List of Countries:

Thailand, Australia, Canada, Indonesia, Philippine, Singapore, and Malaysia.

Here's some gameplay:

Intresting how it's not available in Vietnam considering how big Honkai Impact 3 is there (they get to play with the CN servers but with Vietnamese translation)

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Would have been nice to get some advanced notice. :(
Yea. I did spend 100 stamina (Daily login reward) to story ~15mins before maintenance, I would used 60 sta more but got maintenance pop up and was wtf, we had mt yesterday and this is Planned mt again.

I did read 2 days ago that we get new event. BUT I thought it will come with yesterdays update. Not like new maintenance and new event. Oh well, should be easily doable still, if they havent tweaked it to worse.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
They did put a maintenance notice yesterday, at like 3pm utc

Missed it nicely :p.

Fist event gacha is now 150 items and you need 6 to update gacha. Also 10 turns time to kill boss this time. Prolly staying in normal boss, took 2 tries to kill 15 Keys boss (And got 20 keys). Normal boss is 10 keys and gives 12 gacha tokens.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Another perk of Yachiyo is that she'll always be "on-element" in terms of DPS for events if you need it because of her dream typing (though she's obviously also a lot squishier as a result). Interesting to note that the event character is a tank this time around, so it may be better to do DPS/event character instead of tank/event which I personally used to grind out the last few events. Need to test that though, it's purely speculation on my part at the moment. I believe the daily for 10 gacha tokens is new.

Also, the Stage of Dreams Memoir is REALLY good for tanks I think. I'd implore ya'll to at least grab one copy since it can potentially really help out.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to finally have a tank that isn't the 2* Karen. I mean, she did carry me through the entire story but something a little more versatile is appreciated.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Missed it nicely :p.

Fist event gacha is now 150 items and you need 6 to update gacha. Also 10 turns time to kill boss this time. Prolly staying in normal boss, took 2 tries to kill 15 Keys boss (And got 20 keys). Normal boss is 10 keys and gives 12 gacha tokens.
I'm not going to bother wasting keys on the bosses until near the end of the event when there will be fully leveled event gacha girls readily available for borrowing. No point in farming early with less efficiency when I can just hoard the keys until farming becomes trivial.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not going to bother wasting keys on the bosses until near the end of the event when there will be fully leveled event gacha girls readily available for borrowing. No point in farming early with less efficiency when I can just hoard the keys until farming becomes trivial.
Oh true that. But I value my time. I don't know how much time I have in coming days and I know I can get the event girl to 6* (by doing 10 key boss) so I rather use my keys when I have time (obviously autoing dungeon). Its easier to use few minutes to some runs than use 1h to 50 or 60 runs or so. My plan with this event has been all the time to run 10 key boss. I don't have good Cloud unit so figured Ill do the way I explained.

After Ive gotten event girl to 6* Ill focus rest of event to rank up my 4* girls (got 4 and they are 4-5 rank) and keys I get will prolly go to slowly chip last 25 key boss.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Last event I had to blow gems for stamina at the end since I didn't start using Nana follows until part way through the event and wasted keys on lower tier boss runs (or multiple runs per boss). Combined with shit draw luck on the boxes and that was a recipe for disaster. Not making the same mistake this time.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Lucky pulls on the event box today. Already have event Tomoe at 5*. Once she's on par with Karen I'll beat the 3* boss and move on to the next event chapter with her in tow.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Cleared up through the 5th chapter, but not going to bother with the 5 star boss. Event Tomoe is at 5* rank 4 now, but I'm not sure how much she'll help with the boss as she's just a tank. Surviving the boss hasn't been a challenge with Heracles Michiru's special barriers galore + fortitude, so it'll come down to whether her on element and event/magician damage boost makes up for her lack of offensive power vs my other more offensive options.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Cleared the 3* boss in one attempt with Maya/Yachiyo/event character and a Yachiyo helper. Yachiyo was definitely dealing a lot more damage than the event character, though she's also a lot more invested (6* Rank 7 Yachiyo vs 4* Rank 5 event character). I think I'm still gonna invest in the event character more so than the last one since having another good tank is never bad, especially for Stage of Dreams.

shoyz

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Just heads up if you missed this and if you care. Obviously this is only one player opinion (not mine, havent tested the game). From Reddit.
Please tell your impressions when its launched so we all know more :).

Having stamina potioned my way through week 1, this impression seems a bit overblown. While whaling will obviously make things easier, calling it 'pay2win' seems deceptive. There doesn't seem to be any form of PVP that I've run into yet, it's mostly just single player. You get a guaranteed A-Rank unit's first shard of two on your fifth pull, and the second on your 10th, essentially a guaranteed A-Rank on your first ten pull but you can see what it is after five to know if you should reroll for a better one (Saihamm is the best one to reroll for). Rerolling only takes a few minutes. Beyond that, A Ranks have two shards to grab, S ranks have 3. Characters under A rank shouldn't have shards at all and are instant pulls, and the game has a pity system where you can pull a random unowned A-Rank shard in exchange for 10 gold bells (You get 1 Gold Bell for every full set of 6 pulls completed without abandoning ala FEH, so half an A Rank every 60 pulls).

That aside, having done 10 pulls for my guaranteed A-Rank, I was left with a roster of 7 different characters to use where I ran into no walls during the first week. You can then earn additional free characters without pulling via the storyline and a no-stamina subquest system, I was able to unlock 2 immediately but it looks like you can get at least 11 additional characters this way. So the game seems very F2P friendly, for now.

The two big issues at a glance are that the English translation is subpar, which is a huge downer considering how large a focus they put on the story (which has a ton of branches based on your decisions throughout the week). And the Stamina system refills slowly.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I'm laughing my ass off, i made a pull with the only 3k crystals I had, the game disconnected, I reconnected back thinking "fuck, I'm not gonna get to see the pull, am I", I reconnect... and I get the pop up to buy a pack to upgrade Yuyuko. My face is in shock. "Wait, I got her?" I proceed to check the gacha history... and not only I got her, I also got the 4* memoir. Holy shit, one of the best pulls I've had in any gacha thus far and I didn't get to see it. Fucking hilarious.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Realized the Stage of Dreams doesn't cost stamina, so I did that to pass time. Auto'd to the 24th level before both parties were dead and no reset was left. Things are going to slow down considerably from this point forward though seeing as how there's barriers, evasion, etc all over the place now.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Revue:
Any ideas how important are those rainbow orbs that drop from event chapter 5 at later stages?
I did read that ch 2 stages that cost 8 sta quite ofteb drop 2 keys. Obviously downside is that one doesn't get rainbow orbs.
Now wondering should I continue to run ch 5 for ~80% drop rate of 2 keys per 13 sta and some times getting rainbow orb. Or do the ch 2 sta 8 stages.

Hoarder in me says, better to go with rainbow orbs. Also since I havent done any pulls Iam hovering around 900k gold while I promote my girls to higher star ranks, been buying orbs from shop with gold.

Having stamina potioned my way through week 1, this impression seems a bit overblown.

Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

DeejayDoom

Oct 25, 2017
My Aruru can almost solo the 3 stars boss in 1 round, so i'm gonna do that for a while until i start seeing more gacha event characters as supports, then i will move on to the 4 stars one.

Stage of dreams has been great for money, almost at 2 millions already, altho at level 60 things start hitting hard.

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
tried eternal 7 days. while there's some stuff I don't like, the game's structure is interesting enough. will probably stick to it until I have to make space for other games
also I do like that you can convert 1 full day worth of stamina into a stamina recovery item. can't say I've seen it in other games before

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying Blank City. It's not horrible, but the load times are atrocious and the translation is definitely horrible at times (so many grammatical errors). It definitely feels like a budget HI3, which at that point...why not just play HI3? Also, unique usernames. Bleh.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Playing GBF and FGO incredibly casually has made me want to take on a bunch of gacha games as "side gachas" with stipulations. I would say my main gachas right now are DL, Starlight Revue, and GFL, as in I try to do all the dailies in them (I also login daily in Another Eden for stones as I slowly work my way through that). For side gachas on top of GBF and FGO, the ones I've decided on so far:

FEH: No spending orbs, just use any tickets given as well as the one free pull per banne

Brown Dust: No spending diamonds, just pulling with the daily pull and any scrolls I earn

E7: No spending skystones, just pulling with the daily pull. I can spend bookmarks on limited banners once I've amassed enough for a guaranteed summon.

FGO I'm doing a similar thing and just playing with Friendship summons, while in GBF I'll probably spend it all on the monthly rate-up banner when I get enough to spark. Part of what inspired me to do this is because in DL I have a no pulls alt that's amassed over 100K Wyrmite and I wanted to try that for other games. I generally like to min-max with limited resources, but these stipulations also help me not feel compelled to go hardcore and then eventually burn out like I've done with Langrisser, Azur Lane, and Brown Dust in the past. I can just play them pretty casually since trying to do all the dailies basically just rewards me with a bigger "high score" as opposed to something with more tangible in-game benefits. I'm more fine with skipping out as a result, and I can just do the barest minimum of just logging in for the check-in rewards whenever I'm not feeling it.

I'm also less salty about gacha games in general when I'm very minimally taking part in the gacha, which is also a nice. Let's me really see the positives and not get too bothered by the negatives when I'm less invested to begin with.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I have a pretty flexible schedule so I can play like three gachas usually, but I'm actually off work for a good month or so which is why I've been giving more gachas a try. Also have two phones now to better accommodate overseas work, so I can now gacha twice as much when I'm out and about xD

shoyz

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Having gotten a bit farther in Eternal City I've unlocked some additional features.
The 'Dark Bazaar' to my surprise is an auction house that lets you buy/sell items to other players, a rare feature in gachas I feel.
'Spacial Tempest' is the games form of 3 player Co-Op. Matchmaking is fast, or you can do it with friends, but it's easily completed on full auto, which even continuously queues you for the next match, and exhausting all of the day's possible (diminishing) rewards takes a while of letting it run for better or worse. Gives 1 Opal (premium currency), 100k+ gold and a bunch of equipment fodder per day.
And 'Competency Trials' is a daily challenge mode. You pick one of the three daily recommended characters (or free pick for worse rewards), and you're given a set of 7 different challenges to complete 4 of to advance (such as defeating a clone, running to the end of a maze on a timer, fighting a boss solo, etc). After which you're given a chain of 10 traditional fights to win. Daily clear awards 5 Soul Shards (the currency that allows you to rank-up characters, awarded when pulling dupes via the gacha. I believe this means gacha pulls are completely unnecessary!), a few other currencies, and first-time clear with specific characters increases their maximum equipment cap.
My biggest issue with the game was the slow stamina regen but these modes add a lot of extra gameplay time. And while it didn't launch with one, I've read that there will be stamina-less events to play later.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
After reading some stuff about Madoka Magia Record i doubt that i will ever touch it. It's like they took every awful part from FGO and made it 4x worse.

Getting multiple copies of a unit lets you unlock her true potential to equip up to 4 Memoria (Craft Essences).

The pity system which they introduced later on is also garbage since all you get is random 4* after 100 pulls and not the rate up unit plus free currency is super limited like in fgo so good luck getting 4 copies without spending at least 1000€

NoirSuede

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The amount of refrences in HI3 thats written on it's plot and characters themselves are so overwhelming that at times the game can feel like it doesn't have anything original, I should make a thread on it....

If i could

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Not a gacha game, but Durango is finally out "globally" after years of rocky development and reworking the game.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I think there is own topic but if people don't know. Pokemon Rumble Rush was launched today. Its on Australian Play Store but there is already apk for it (1.02 version).

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
The SD card in my phone failed today so let this be a reminder to all of you to set up your account transfer/backup data.
Luckily I already did so I won't lose any progress but it's still gonna be a pain to redownload four gacha games.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah the last Digimon game actually looked quite nice and then turned into complete garbage when you realised the initial offering was it. I don't think monster raising games suit the standard gacha model. Especially established ones.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The goal for the next Magia Record Girl Campaign was reduced from 40k views to 25k. I wonder if they're making it easier for us to achieve these because the game is nearing its release, since this is still only 3 of 5.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, just assumed with so small a cast rolling for characters would be odd. So it works like Danmachi then, honestly not a huge fan of rolling for multiple versions of characters. Suppose it beats rolling for gear at least

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I saw a video of the CBT where they made a 10-pull and it was pretty much all R generic enemies, SR some background enemies, and at the end a SSR Ban

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Managed to get all the bloom crystals for the event character in Starlight Revue. I basically dedicated all my stamina to upgrading skill panels by grinding event stages, saved up all my keys until today (outside of doing the event boss once for the daily), and I just spammed the 15 key boss with Yachiyo/event character on auto. I might be able to do it on 20 keys, but not sure about auto-ing and the event style still makes it pretty punishing if you can't clear it in one go.

In E7 I just grabbed one copy of Sol and called it quits, because my goodness is that an absurd grind for multiple Sol's/event artifacts.

In Brown Dust just got my Hell to +6. My main priority is just getting a Novice Arena team up and running, which definitely takes longer if you don't spend any of the free diamonds. I need to grind out Arena in order to get the class scrolls, since those will basically be my main source of pulling.

In FEH I finally got a full level 40 team of Brave Warrior Hector, Chosen One Owain, Tatarrah's Puppet Delthea, and the Black Knight. I do like that you can basically get 3 free heroes everyday from Special maps, and am slowly building up a roster through that.

Also still just chugging along in GFL/DL doing events and dailies. Basically just daily logging in FGO/GBF/Another Eden at the moment wth all the stuff in other games going on.

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped playing EXVIUS forever ago when they increased the star rarity limit, but god damn of the music from that game almost pull me back in.