• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I meant an actual Disgaea game, not the broken game that got pulled.

Yes. But honestly you will only need to actually "play" the game on the hardest maps. Auto will generally clear maps fairly well which can be discentivising.

Bummer, I was hoping it maybe it was engaging, gameplay-wise but sounds like an end game thing is where it gets interesting gameplay-wise.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
reaaaaally not liking Madoka. Gave it a try but neither the fight mechanics nor the rewards feel particularly worth it to me... already uninstalled.

Really liking Dragalia Lost tho, I'm at the point where I'm just grinding to 1Mio for the event.

zoku88

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I got my first 4* in Madoka: Kirika. Was aiming for Mami, but I've been rerolling forever so I'll settle.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
What's the best way to reroll in Magia?
Best way is to use two devices and keep settings up transfer ID's. When you transfer data from the primary to the secondary device, it starts a new file on your primary. Rinse/Repeat. Save the transfer ID's/passwords in a document, and when the day rolls over and you get the pre-registration gems, go through each of them and try for a 4* (if you've been unsuccessful with the ten-pull gacha ticket from completing Chapter One). If you fail, just trash the accounts and try again when the next day rolls around with new account created during the new day.

On the subject of new gacha games, pre-registration for RWBY Crystal Quest has started. That artstyle though...ewww...

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Best way is to use two devices and keep settings up transfer ID's. When you transfer data from the primary to the secondary device, it starts a new file on your primary. Rinse/Repeat. Save the transfer ID's/passwords in a document, and when the day rolls over and you get the pre-registration gems, go through each of them and try for a 4* (if you've been unsuccessful with the ten-pull gacha ticket from completing Chapter One). If you fail, just trash the accounts and try again when the next day rolls around with new account created during the new day.

On the subject of new gacha games, pre-registration for RWBY Crystal Quest has started. That artstyle though...ewww...

Thanks! So if I'm understanding this correctly, we can only get one pre-registration bonus a day.

zoku88

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, I feel pretty dumb. I didn't even think of doing that... I even still have my text file around from when I did the same thing for Granblue...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! So if I'm understanding this correctly, we can only get one pre-registration bonus a day.
You can get the pre-registration gems on every account you create (500 gems total), but only when the day rolls over (12AM PDT). If you save the transfer ID's for then, you can claim as many pre-registration gems as you have accounts created the previous day, so if you re-roll and save ten accounts, when the day switches over you can use all of their transfer ID's to do 20 ten-pulls (two per account saved). It's a bit of a headache needing to continually go back to the main title screen to transfer each account over after you do the pulls, but it's infinitely better than doing the single ten-pull on each Chapter One clear.

Huh, I feel pretty dumb. I didn't even think of doing that... I even still have my text file around from when I did the same thing for Granblue...
Yeah, it definitely helps things. It's unfortunate you can't claim the pre-registration gems right away as you wouldn't need to wait until the next day to do so, but it's better than nothing.

It's the artstyle for the RWBY Chibi show. I don't mind it lol
I'm not a fan. :(

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
You can get the pre-registration gems on every account you create (500 gems total), but only when the day rolls over (12AM PDT). If you save the transfer ID's for then, you can claim as many pre-registration gems as you have accounts created the previous day, so if you re-roll and save ten accounts, when the day switches over you can use all of their transfer ID's to do 20 ten-pulls (two per account saved). It's a bit of a headache needing to continually go back to the main title screen to transfer each account over after you do the pulls, but it's infinitely better than doing the single ten-pull on each Chapter One clear.
Ahhhh I see. Thanks for the pro-tips!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not that excited for Pokemon Masters. I don't know, none of Nintendo mobile offerings so far (outside of Dragalia Lost, but that's more CyGames than Nintendo) haven't particularly impressed me. I do hope it's good though, as I love the IP. I'd definitely play it, I just don't have a lot of hope for it.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't think I'd stick with Magireco, but it has been removed from my phone.

The combat is so ugly, the gacha is really unfriendly, and two years behind is just the worst.

arknights save us

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Man, today I was reminded that the Makai Wars mobile game is a thing, and that it was released last year. It basically came and went, being another run of the mill gacha game. Poor Asagi, she finaly got her game but at this rate it would get shut down by next year.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
I just used 3 instances of nox at the same time and synced imputs so I could do everything at the same time. Then I used my phone to get rid of the account if it didn't have what I want while not having to download everything again.

I warned everyone seveal times that rereolling on MagiReco was a nightmare and you shouldn't really bother unless you plan to stick around.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
In Magia Record.

Please do note that the EXP event ends in 28.6.19 (Two days from now?). It might be best to grab all tickets and then the expensive evolve materials. Atleast I have burned all my AP potions to that event, now wondering if I should use 5 crystals for ap refreshes.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
In Magia Record.

Please do note that the EXP event ends in 28.6.19 (Two days from now?). It might be best to grab all tickets and then the expensive evolve materials. Atleast I have burned all my AP potions to that event, now wondering if I should use 5 crystals for ap refreshes.

You can use 25 crystals and get 5 max ap and five 50 ap potions, which is a better deal than just using them for ap. There is also one 5 crystal option that gives 1 of each ap potion.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
You can use 25 crystals and get 5 max ap and five 50 ap potions, which is a better deal than just using them for ap. There is also one 5 crystal option that gives 1 of each ap potion.

Thanks for the tip. I will do that first. Good thing that I started wondering before using crystals, this saved some crystals.

Another q. Memoria, is the only way to level by feeding other Memorias to them (preferably 1-2*?) and thus only use the daily free pull?
Cause it seems I can buy stuff from shop with Friend Points.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the tip. I will do that first. Good thing that I started wondering before using crystals, this saved some crystals.

Another q. Memoria, is the only way to level by feeding other Memorias to them (preferably 1-2*?) and thus only use the daily free pull?
Cause it seems I can buy stuff from shop with Friend Points.

It seems you can only level them up by feeding them to each other. I don't really see the point in spending the support points in the shop since you can get everything there pretty easily. There might be something that you can spend your points on that is worth it later, but for now just use them to roll for memoria.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, if it's anything like FGO you can only level them with other Memoria. It's unfortunate, but I'm used to it.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Thankfully there is only a handful of memoria you should keep anyway. Only the magia gain up or damage up ones are worth anything. There are also a few that are good, like the ones that heal each turn, or the one that lets you have a chance of auto countering.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, if it's anything like FGO you can only level them with other Memoria. It's unfortunate, but I'm used to it.
Thankfully there is only a handful of memoria you should keep anyway. Only the magia up or damage up ones are worth anything. There are also a few that are good, like the ones that heal each turn, or the one that lets you have a chance of auto countering.

Got 2 of those auto heals (4* Unwavering Light), very nice Memoria to have.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
Didnt it get shut down recently?
It did, almost two months ago now. :(

The fact it's called MoE probably means it wasn't for me anyway. ;l)

Oops. Didn't know this. Haven't touched the game since it launched.

Although, I can still see it in the play store, that's why I suggested it. Are games still available at the store even though they've shut it down?

If it hasn't, it soon will be. Nexon. :/

Hahahaha. :(

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Deleted Magia. Wasn't getting any enjoyment out of it, just felt like work.

I'm currently trying out Last Period. I've nearly finished the anime so I wanted to check out the source material. It's very cute, but seems super grindy. SO many materials to hunt for.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I need to get used to the battle system in Magia Record, I'm too used to FGO. I keep thinking the Blast cards are the hardest hitting, when in reality they're only good for AOE and that the Accele cards are what I want to use for single target as well as MP gain. I know how Charge discs work (increase the effectiveness of the disc that follows), but I'm not sure when to best use them. When you match three of the same colors in a single string of attacks you boost that particular effect, similar to when you attack with the same character for all three discs. If you do both, you get both bonuses.

What I'm curious about is mixing the different colors. In FGO, if you lead with a Buster card, the following two cards have additional damage applied to them. If you lead with an Arts card, the following two cards give you more NP gain (aside from Buster cards, which never increase NP). But with MR, do you get any bonus for leading for a specific type? Similarly, are discs later in the string more potent than ones used earlier on? So if you use an Accele at slot three instead of two, do you get more MP from it?

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Overhit added costumes with the new update that a) are cash only (costume + 1 ten pull but a negligible amount of gold is €33) and b) have stats (admittedly fucking tiny stats). Cash only cosmetics with stats is like the poster child for shitty monetisation.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Revue Starlight introduced a new co-op mode today that's a lot of fun! Three people each choose three characters then take down a boss. It's really cool getting a bunch of buffs going then whaling on the goofy new enemies.

Joe Molotov

Oct 25, 2017
Started up Magia, did my three 10-pulls and got no 4* girls and only one 3*. Decided to reroll, and got Madoka and Mami in my first two 10-pulls. Seems good.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
For those who have previous experiences with how Nexon treats their games... should I even bother with Sinoalice?

Edit: These recent comments don't sound good :lol

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
It has come to light that Nexon KOREA is handling Sinoalice.

They're not nearly as bad as the Nexon we all know and hate.

Yokho

Oct 23, 2018
Whatever the publisher, I just love Sinoalice's director (Yoko Taro, director of Nier) stories and art, plus they have a Nier collab right off the bat so yeah, Imma try that one for sure and see how Nexon handles it lol...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Revue Starlight introduced a new co-op mode today that's a lot of fun! Three people each choose three characters then take down a boss. It's really cool getting a bunch of buffs going then whaling on the goofy new enemies.
Yeah, it's a lot of fun. More content is always a good thing.

also a twitter thread with news regarding the game

edit: for people who prefer reading

That looks better than I thought it would. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Started up Magia, did my three 10-pulls and got no 4* girls and only one 3*. Decided to reroll, and got Madoka and Mami in my first two 10-pulls. Seems good.
Congrats, that's some insane luck.

For those who have previous experiences with how Nexon treats their games... should I even bother with Sinoalice?

Edit: These recent comments don't sound good :lol
Nexon are...well...let's just say they're not good. They don't support their games at all, so if the playerbase drops even a bit, they're very quick to pull the plug on it. Add to that their greed...

It has come to light that Nexon KOREA is handling Sinoalice.

They're not nearly as bad as the Nexon we all know and hate.
Well this is at least a little comforting.

Speaking of Revue Starlight, this morning I saw the pre-registration advertisement for it during one of Revue Starlight's ad's. It was of Kaguya asking to be hit more, as she moaned sexually. It was...interesting, I'll say that much.

Stider

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah had a bunch of accounts to reroll in magireco after last reset and got an absolute beast of an account. Got Madoka, Mami, Kirika and 2 4* memorias.