• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Overhit added costumes with the new update that a) are cash only (costume + 1 ten pull but a negligible amount of gold is €33) and b) have stats (admittedly fucking tiny stats). Cash only cosmetics with stats is like the poster child for shitty monetisation.

It's actually impressive how badly Nexon monetizes Global releases. Are the stats on the costumes also in Asian servers or is it a Nexon special?

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's actually impressive how badly Nexon monetizes Global releases. Are the stats on the costumes also in Asian servers or is it a Nexon special?

I'm not sure. But, and I'm not excusing them, the stats really are negligible e.g. it gives +100 ATK to Teze, for reference my Teze has 9014 ATK so 1% isn't tempting me. But its setting a terrible precedent.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense since Genshin Impact will also have one. But I can't see myself playing gachas on my Pc, I tried it with granblue mainly thanks to viramate but now that it's gone I don't see a reason why

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
They're releasing Kyouko in MagiRecord in a few days. It really does look like they're going to increase the pace at which we get things in Global, I just hope they do the same for gems/rewards otherwise we won't be able to pull for everything. :/

I won't be trying for her, as I want to build up a nice stash for Ultimate Madoka (who's close to a year out, but there' no telling if we'll get her sooner or not) and Tart I guess, who's apparently great for PVP.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be spending most of my free gems for Kyouko. I always liked her in the original anime. If I don't get her, I'll just save then. I know she's really good with 3 blast cards.
Eventually would like to form the original 5 maho shojo from the show.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I have made 2 multis & many tickets, realised the fact that next base 4* unit will come by sheer luck. So I will save my gems to future / use them for stamina if needed. Mami mini event in few days, need to farm those evolve materials and get her to 5*. At level 22 now, just trying to get player rank up and clear those mini events as many times as possible (first to do Episodes then Enhancing). Obviously grabbing the good stuff from shop, like those 30 currency costing Rainbow evo mats & tickets & sta pots etc.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It's insane how fast you blow through stamina in the early game. Normally in gacha games, you level up faster than you can spend it, causing stamina overflow for hours. Not here. It's a definite change-of-pace that's for sure, but the potions do help a bit (and I hear they get really common later on).

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
How plausible is it to go through the PvE in Magia without spending any of the gems? Been working out decently in DL, E7, and FEH, so I'd wanna try to do that in the next gacha I pick up.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell you, I haven't even unlocked PVP yet in MagiReco. :(

BTW, there's another Brilliant Fest in Revue Starlight, this time with Arthur Karen. They're really increasing the pace. Amaterasu Hikari is also available again, albeit not rated up. It too me four multi-pulls, but I got Karen! I also got the banner Memoire, which looks really nice. Good luck to you guys if you're pulling!

Last edited:

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I think I have to skip this Kirafest :(
I only have 1500 gems right now after spending everything I'd managed to gather after the first one on the Valentine's Junna banner and not getting her.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question for people playing Revue Starlight.
I tried playing the game when it was first released worldwide and ended up ragequitting after spending a day rerolling and not getting anything I wanted, but I just finished watching the anime and knowing that the game's story is set after the after is making me think about downloading it again.
I'm not particularly interested in how the gameplay or mechanics are because I don't have time to get properly invested in another mobile game so I would just be playing for the story. Is the story any good? And is there an option to view stories for past events that I would have missed?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to hear you weren't successful on that Junna, I was tempted as well but I managed to remain strong. At least Arthur Karen will return in the future, so you'll get another chance.

I have a question for people playing Revue Starlight.
I tried playing the game when it was first released worldwide and ended up ragequitting after spending a day rerolling and not getting anything I wanted, but I just finished watching the anime and knowing that the game's story is set after the after is making me think about downloading it again.
I'm not particularly interested in how the gameplay or mechanics are because I don't have time to get properly invested in another mobile game so I would just be playing for the story. Is the story any good? And is there an option to view stories for past events that I would have missed?
The story is...okay. It's pretty short, and mainly acts as a setup to (briefly) introduce the other schools. What is interesting, though, are the Band/Event stories. They're exclusive to the game and some of them are really fun to read. I especially loved the Christmas/Hikari event.

We will receive more chapters later on so things might get more interesting than they are, but as of right now, the main story isn't anything special. If you still like the characters and want to see them interact with each other more, I'd recommend playing the game for the other stores I mentioned previously.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I think the event stories are only accessible for posterity if you read them during the event? I may be wrong there but you might have missed the ones that have passed and will have to hopefully find them on YouTube or somewhere.
If you hop in now and get playing it's SUPER easy to just smash through the easiest levels of an event just for story stuff so you won't have issues going forward!

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm also skipping Kirafest since I don't have 30K gems for a guaranteed 4* girl and I can easily see myself just getting a dupe. Gonna wait until the pool's larger.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Whats the next big gacha game coming up outside of Pokemon Masters ? Anything interesting being released soon....

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Terra Wars came out today (didn't even know it was still a thing until a few weeks ago when someone brought it up here). it looks... bad. Like a Clash Royale game of sorts. Sakaguchi why

At least Fantasium doesn't look bad, even if it's never coming out on Android because of the Apple Arcade exclusivity

Heavenraiser

Oct 27, 2017
The looks of Terra Wars should be the best aspect of the game. I really like the art-style with its clay aesthetic. It´s just the gameplay itself seems boring and mostly plays like Clash Royale. At least the characters from Terra Battle 1 and 2 are included which makes it relatable to former players of these two games.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
SinoAlice, although people are wary of that one because Nexon.
Nexon KR is apparently handling the Global version of SINoALICE (they're listed in the pre-registration trailer), and I've heard they're not nearly as bad as the other Nexon branch so maybe there's a bit of hope?

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017

I'm obsessed with Utawarerumono and Gacha games but the two together means well NEVER see this outside of Japan. :(

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Kinda my take as well, I'm not opposed to them going mobile but nobody is going to localize this.

OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Releasing globally as well, August 21st. Just pre-registered for it, looks like it could be good.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Spent all my tickets and gems. Streamed it and didn't get Kyoko Sakura. Was salty, but I collected the 150 gems from maintenance and did singles. My last single pulled her. Now, I need to level her asap. No idea who to save my gems for next. 3/5 for the main cast.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
The Index gacha comes out later today in Japan the gameplay looked kinda interesting last I saw, I might check it out

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
So. Trial of Fate came out today.

kJ55de0.png

And by the way, the whole point of the game is you can be good or evil. Apparently this has a permanent effect on your stats/characters/etc.

I...don't know what to say.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
And by the way, the whole point of the game is you can be good or evil. Apparently this has a permanent effect on your stats/characters/etc.

I...don't know what to say.

Clearly it's asking whether you believe the social construct of currency can have moral value, or if it is simply a strictly transactional resource that doesn't shape one's beliefs.

Or it's a bad translation, which is a tad more likely.

Stider

Oct 25, 2017
The prelaunch.me app has a pre-reg going for One Punch Man: Road to Hero saying it releases the end of July. Has some pre-reg bonuses for it as well.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So does Arkknights use a traditional gacha system or is it (hopefully) more like Girls Frontline's construction system? I realised I just assumed it was the latter based on the art

I don't think anyone here plays it. Plus, after the costume shenanigans, why bother

I'm still playing it. Couldnt really say why. I suppose for all its general mediocrity at least it feels like you're making progress when you're doing stuff. But that's probably as much to do with the newness of the game as anything else.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
So does Arkknights use a traditional gacha system or is it (hopefully) more like Girls Frontline's construction system? I realised I just assumed it was the latter based on the art

Kind of but you actually pick the timer in the hopes of improving your odds of a 5-6*, along with tags like healer or DPS, it is explained a bit here.