• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Costumes that can only be bought with money, and provide minor stat boosts. Admittedly, the stat boosts are fairly insubstantial, but it's just another mark against a gacha published by Nexon that already had some controversial issues.

Well there are "costumes" (glorified recolours) that can be bought with arena points. But the proper ones as you say are cash only and have stat boosts, though the boost is literally 1% so its a worrying precedent rather than a current issue. They could also do without the million different packs they're trying to sell you as well. I'd thought it was just for launch but apparently not. I suppose in it's defence, the new raid is fun and has different mechanics and I like the new "special PvP" (Basically a week long second PvP mode with team building restrictions, only female units this week).

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Well there are "costumes" (glorified recolours) that can be bought with arena points. But the proper ones as you say are cash only and have stat boosts, though the boost is literally 1% so its a worrying precedent rather than a current issue. They could also do without the million different packs they're trying to sell you as well. I'd thought it was just for launch but apparently not. I suppose in it's defence, the new raid is fun and has different mechanics and I like the new "special PvP" (Basically a week long second PvP mode with team building restrictions, only female units this week).
wow sounds great

e7 should steal it

e7 should steal anything

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Does E7 have a VIP system, yet? 'cause it should totally have a VIP system.

NoirSuede

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Oof... even though personally I tuned out of the game after the patch2.7 nerf backlash, the fact that one of the biggest content creator for the game is so sour on it isnt good...

NoirSuede

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Could you put some words what is wrong in that game?
On a base level, the game is just... creatively bankrupt.

Games with tons of refrences and homages are fine, but when literally everything from the story to character design to every single game mechanic is a mish mash of something else, you just feel like its impossible to name 1 original thing from the game.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
The Index gacha is out, and it's pretty much a Priconne clone with a gameplay that gets kinda boring after a while. Although Priconne is pretty much a full auto game so I can treat this one the same, really.

Shirke

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
On a base level, the game is just... creatively bankrupt.

Games with tons of refrences and homages are fine, but when literally everything from the story to character design to every single game mechanic is a mish mash of something else, you just feel like its impossible to name 1 original thing from the game.

Mihoyo's creative bankruptcy got even worse when they started to literally copy BOTW for Genshin Impact.

Reveal thread:

So the closed beta just went live a few hours ago, and there are already quite a number of gameplay videos out there.

Let's start from the general art and presentation...
n3WCTlo.png

and how exploration mechanics work, as well as cooking and dungeon...
JM2JTni.png

Fpd1frJ.png

oWbxCUh.png

lastly, enemy designs and encounters.

zu5tezf.png

fb2f7mG.png

epGOuQ9.png

Tbf, there are other aspects that are different from BOTW, such as the faster-paced and actual magic combat (as you might've expected from the devs), the multi-characters mechanic, and the more focus on quests, cutscenes & narratives. But overall, this is such a shameless copy of BOTW even at first glance. While shameless, they also executed everything pretty well.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Still enjoying Trial of Fate quite a bit. There are plenty of different game modes to play between the regular adventure mode, trials, a tower, an endurance dungeon and more. It probably isn't revolutionary or anything, but I am having a good time. Anyone else playing?

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
A Nekopara gacha by Yostar just got announced, but those games are banned here so let's not talk too much about it lol

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they ever will... Would that even be a game changer?
It was a joke. Einbroch and I both love a good VIP system!

(No we don't.)

A Nekopara gacha by Yostar just got announced, but those games are banned here so let's not talk too much about it lol
Safe to say this won't be getting an OT here, haha.

It's too bad, I had the purrfect OT title for it. Also, will re-roll for Coconut.

Last edited:

madstrike

Oct 25, 2017
the only thing e7 really needs is a repeat battle feature. (i don't care about high tier pvp or the gw stuff)

edit:and allow old accounts to change their name

edit2: anyone tried astral chronicles?

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I actually don't see Nekopara on the banned games (neither Era's nor Twitch's), but better safe than sorry.

This is apparently a breakdown on Revue Starlight's US Daily Revenue from this Reddit post, though I'm not sure how legitimate the source is.

496sgnu387831.png

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I see I'm not the only one that's planning to go for heterochromia
Nice to see I'm not alone!

I just hope she's a launch girl and doesn't come later, that way I don't have to worry about getting her outside of the initial re-rolls. :/

I actually don't see Nekopara on the banned games (neither Era's nor Twitch's), but better safe than sorry.

This is apparently a breakdown on Revue Starlight's US Daily Revenue from this Reddit post, though I'm not sure how legitimate the source is.

496sgnu387831.png
It's easy to see when they incorporated the ad gacha, haha. It doesn't look liike the most impressive numbers, I hope it sticks around for a bit. The power creep in this game is definitely a strike against it. Why bother whaling for a character when she'll likely be power-creeped in a month or two (outside of pulling for favorites, of course)? I've gotten lucky with pulls so far, but even then it's only a matter of time before they're outdated. Look at the new Kaoruko in JP...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I've definitely disregarded PvP in Revue nowadays with all the powercreeping. I used to try to get all 4 chests to middling effect, but there's realistically no way a F2P can keep up since the star gem acquisition is so slow and the new units so constant. I just do my single match for the daily and call it a day.

I do think having a surprise ticket/dream summon option would get me to spend for at least a favorite waifu to help out revenue-wise. The gacha's just so bad with such blatant powercreep that buying star gems just seems like a really poor prospect.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I had to google this Neko thingie, cause no clue what it is.

Interesting.

Well remind me when it launches Global by 2020.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
June 2019 US Top 30 Grossing Anime-Style Gacha Games

(Numbers in Million)
1. Dragonball Legends ($6.03)
2. Epic Seven ($3.91)
3. Dragonball Z Dokkan Battle ($3.22)
4. Fire Emblem Heroes ($2.76)
5. Fate/Grand Order ($2.47)
6. Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links ($2.28)
7. Dragalia Lost ($0.94)
8. Langrisser ($0.79)
9. Azur Lane ($0.78)
10. Grand Summoners ($0.71)
11. BLEACH Brave Souls ($0.69)
12. Honkai Impact 3 ($0.59)
13. Moemoe Girls 2 ($0.49)
14. Destiny Child ($0.48)
15. One Piece Treasure Cruise ($0.42)
16. Unison League ($0.40)
17. For Whom The Alchemist Exists ($0.39)
18. King's Raid ($0.38)
19. Onmyoji ($0.33)
20. Brown Dust ($0.31)
21. Captain Tsubasa: Dream Team ($0.30)
22. DanMachi ($0.30)
23. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Blazing ($0.29)
24. Shadowverse ($0.29)
25. Sword Art Online Memory Defrag ($0.28)
26. Girls Frontline ($0.27)
27. Naruto x Boruto Ninja Voltage ($0.27)
28. Food Fantasy ($0.22)
29. Aurora Legend ($0.22)
30. BanG Dream ($0.19)

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense, Legends had it's anniversary so people went hard. I expect Dokkan to be #1 in July for the same reason

Props to Bleach for being so high. Everything's over for that right? In terms of manga/anime at least

madstrike

Oct 25, 2017
Bleach is going to be having it's anniversary in a few weeks and the last 'proper' batch of characters was insane (noitora, yammy, flower dude). They probably raked a lot of money from Noitora banners since apparently he's the king of pvp now. Also they're having the swimsuit stuff right now and people need them anime titties.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Apparently Langrisser had a collab banner with Trails of the Sky at the beginning of June, which might explain the high revenue for the month.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

(Numbers in Million)
2. Epic Seven ($3.91)
7. Dragalia Lost ($0.94)
8. Langrisser ($0.79)
9. Azur Lane ($0.78)
18. King's Raid ($0.38)
19. Onmyoji ($0.33)
20. Brown Dust ($0.31)
22. DanMachi ($0.30)
24. Shadowverse ($0.29)
28. Food Fantasy ($0.22)
30. BanG Dream ($0.19)

Revue Starlight isn't even on there. R.I.P, I guess. It wouldn't surprise me if it shuts down over the next few months after revenue from the ad gacha dies off a bit (which would likely happen, when people pull what they want from the limited pool and have no need for more Creation Jewels. :/

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
According to Sensor Tower, Taiwan is the area where the most money for the game comes, so I wouldn't worry too much about it yet.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
It is, it's the same server. Or don't you remember about that weird pack you could buy that entered you for a raffle to do a meet and greet with some of the VAs in Taiwan?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, it is? I had no idea, that definitely helps calm a few of my concerns!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Magia Record AE stream starting in ten minutes or so. As to what to expect, it wouldn't surprise me if they give us that Mitama Ticket that lets us trade for any of the 4* launch girls we want. I know it came later in the other versions, but they seem to want to increase the pace of Global (going by the gacha and event releases) and they know we know about it, so the sooner they give it to us the sooner people stop complaining. Plsu, now that the launch event is nearing its end, they'll want to pull in new players at AE so it would be incentive for them to start.

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Edit: Late starting it seems. :/

Last edited:

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
The creators are working on getting exclusive magical girls/collabs(?) for the EN release of Magia Record. This may be a sign that we might not get stuff like Bake or Nanoha

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it could definitely mean some version differences. It'll be interesting to see.

No Mitama Ticket, but we did get 100 Magic Gems which we can claim later today, so that was nice. Also, the voice actresses were too cute. Also also, the regular Madoka series hasn't ended! Not only are we getting the side-story stuff but more from the regular series as well!

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017

(Numbers in Million)
2. Epic Seven ($3.91)
7. Dragalia Lost ($0.94)
8. Langrisser ($0.79)
9. Azur Lane ($0.78)
18. King's Raid ($0.38)
19. Onmyoji ($0.33)
20. Brown Dust ($0.31)
22. DanMachi ($0.30)
24. Shadowverse ($0.29)
28. Food Fantasy ($0.22)
30. BanG Dream ($0.19)

Memoria Freese hanging in there brings a tear to my eye, the little mobage that could

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Bamco panel is currently going on and they're pushing Crestoria a lot in the convention, might we get a release date maybe?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Bamco panel is currently going on and they're pushing Crestoria a lot in the convention, might we get a release date maybe?
They're giving Crestoria more support now than they will post-launch!

I really hope I'm wrong.

Edit:

Oh, remember those 100 Magic Stones I mentioned that they're giving away in Magia Record for AE? It turns out they aren't really "free" after all, since you need to redeem them via Support Points. It's not a high amount (only 50 per), but since they're not handed out for free to everyone people can't use them for re-rolls. They REALLY don't want people re-rolling in this, I'm honestly surprised they didn't tie the account data to your device.

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
They REALLY don't want people re-rolling in this, I'm honestly surprised they didn't tie the account data to your device.
Magia Stones are now at FP shop
20 gems costs 50 FP (I have 6810 FP) = 250 FP used.

Also other thing Ive noticed. Stamina cost is fucking huge in this game. In order to complete all dailies to get 15 gems you need to do 15 missions (doens't matter where).
That doesn't sound bad.

But my player rank is 31 and stamina max is whopping 50. When story chapter 3 (thats not a long way to go) one mission costs 7 stamina or more. Getting natural stamina for those 15 missions in one day "lol". When there is mission going on where you use 20 sta to one go. Or if you do evo dungeon its 30 sta per pop...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Magia Stones are now at FP shop
20 gems costs 50 FP (I have 6810 FP) = 250 FP used.

Also other thing Ive noticed. Stamina cost is fucking huge in this game. In order to complete all dailies to get 15 gems you need to do 15 missions (doens't matter where).
That doesn't sound bad.

But my player rank is 31 and stamina max is whopping 50. When story chapter 3 (thats not a long way to go) one mission costs 7 stamina or more. Getting natural stamina for those 15 missions in one day "lol". When there is mission going on where you use 20 sta to one go. Or if you do evo dungeon its 30 sta per pop...
Yeah, I grabbed the stones earlier. 250FP is cheap, but I don't know why they couldn't have just sent them to players' mailbox.

As for the stamina, it is indeed massive and the fact that they're speeding up events and not giving us potions to compensate makes things even more painful. Like, the Training Events we're currently having aren't supposed to be so short, and we're getting one after another. As for the daily, in the Japanese version it was changed to only ten quests, shame we didn't get that QoL improvement at launch. :(

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
In Magia finally got all the stuff to awaken Mami Tomoe. I havent spend any gold and have collected 690824 gold. Trying to awaken I notice I need 1m gold. Where the heck I can grind gold?

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
RPGSite did an interview with the Granblue producer and director, and the first question has a pretty interesting answer too:
Before that there was Rage of Bahamut, which is a card game, and that was hugely accepted in the US market as well. We're now having some ideas, such as Princess Connect! Re:Dive, that are hugely popular in Asian regions. We are always seeking a chance to have our IP published overseas.
Hope rising

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
In Magia finally got all the stuff to awaken Mami Tomoe. I havent spend any gold and have collected 690824 gold. Trying to awaken I notice I need 1m gold. Where the heck I can grind gold?
I just need a few more story mode pieces to drop and I can evolve my Madoka too. As for gold, it's indeed a grind. You can get some Curse Chips in the Medal and Event shops, but aside from that it seems to be slow going. I can't see a daily dungeon that drops them in abundance, which I find strange.

RPGSite did an interview with the Granblue producer and director, and the first question has a pretty interesting answer too:

Hope rising
Honestly, if it hasn't already begun to be localized I doubt it ever will. There is A LOT of text in that game, and the gap between Global and Japan just continues to widen as the days go on. They could do a shared server/English language option, but if they did that they'd have to translate everything currently available into English, which would be a massive undertaking. They did it for GBF so it can be done, but it sounds like they're still only still discussing it Maybe they are working on it and plan to drop the localization announcement around the time the anime airs. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, though. :(