• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
They're just discussing it right now, nothing's been confirmed sadly. :/

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I saw on the priconne discord that the rumor was that they were searching for partners to bring it over. Not sure why they'd need a partner when they can do it themselves like Shadowverse but whatever.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I just need a few more story mode pieces to drop and I can evolve my Madoka too. As for gold, it's indeed a grind. You can get some Curse Chips in the Medal and Event shops, but aside from that it seems to be slow going. I can't see a daily dungeon that drops them in abundance, which I find strange.

Found the way. You can change Mirror Discs to gold. Its 10 mirror discs for 100k and you can do this 10 time. Obviously Mirror Discs are obtained from pvp...

Edit: Another notice. There is only 3 chapters at the moment. They haven't released 4th chap.

Last edited:

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't seen mismanagement on that level since Kancolle. I have to imagine someone fucked up really bad and either didn't actually secure the rights to some of the horses, or the owners are now trying to extort more money out of the deal now that they see how popular it became.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I just need a few more story mode pieces to drop and I can evolve my Madoka too. As for gold, it's indeed a grind. You can get some Curse Chips in the Medal and Event shops, but aside from that it seems to be slow going. I can't see a daily dungeon that drops them in abundance, which I find strange.

Honestly, if it hasn't already begun to be localized I doubt it ever will. There is A LOT of text in that game, and the gap between Global and Japan just continues to widen as the days go on. They could do a shared server/English language option, but if they did that they'd have to translate everything currently available into English, which would be a massive undertaking. They did it for GBF so it can be done, but it sounds like they're still only still discussing it Maybe they are working on it and plan to drop the localization announcement around the time the anime airs. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, though. :(

I do like the fact that Shadoverse has been getting collabs globally (are they missing any besides the old imas ones)? The only I've known that Priconne ran so far is currently running globally in Shadoverse now.

Joe Molotov

Oct 25, 2017
Yo, is this a decent starting team in Meguca Meduca or should I throw it back for a better start?

hdvkiTs.png

miK4z3L.png

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yo, is this a decent starting team in Meguca Meduca or should I throw it back for a better start?

hdvkiTs.png

miK4z3L.png
With the exception of Kirika, I have the same lineup as you, but some of them leveled and awakened. Those 3 main girls are very good for Risemara or Reset Marathon for new players. Unless you're going for Momoko or Rena, the other 4 star girls, I would stick with this and play it. Madoka will get you a lot of FP if you ever get her to 100. People will follow you.
Mami and Kyoko are good for mirrors. Kyoko does so much damage on her blast cards and Mami has a guaranteed burn, bind on her connect ability.
Double Madoka connect spam is also pretty hilarious. The heal and magia gain and your unit isn't gonna die in pve.
Kirika is a tank with her connect taunt, provoke and defense up. It somewhat synergy with Kyoko because her connect reduces damage by 60 or 70% if she's awakened.
It would be kind of crazy to throw this account away and start over with what you have now.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017

Joking, right?

With the exception of Kirika, I have the same lineup as you, but some of them leveled and awakened. Those 3 main girls are very good for Risemara or Reset Marathon for new players.

Iam prolly going to reroll. I made 85 pulls in Madoka banner without base 4*. Ill just keep my account id up if I someday wanna come back. Don't like how trash 2* & 3* units in this game are, got Mami to 55 level (5*) and yeah since I did read the story til end of chapter 3 I know whats happening and skip everything.

Last edited:

Joe Molotov

Oct 25, 2017
I'm joking, I just wanted to humble brag a little. :p

I got the three rate-up girls with one 10-pull on each of their banners, and I got Kirika with 2 10-pulls on the normal banner. Seems like pretty insane luck with a 1% SSR rate.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I'm joking, I just wanted to humble brag a little. :p

I got the three rate-up girls with one 10-pull on each of their banners, and I got Kirika with 2 10-pulls on the normal banner. Seems like pretty insane luck with a 1% SSR rate.

Makes sense :D. I mean. In my account which Iam not playing anymore (rerolling process going on :p). I got to player rank 33 and made 85 pulls in Madoka banner without base 4*. That is the normal rng here :P. Now trying to get start of 2x4* base girls.

Those 100 Free gems, they last til 12.7 and when one does extra 3 stages (plus some inventory things) gets to 200 gems and can buy that ticket. Thus having 20 pulls for getting them, no luck so far.

Joe Molotov

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a newbie guide to Magia Record? I have no idea what I'm doing. I cleared the story, and now I'm using my stamina on special training since it's limited.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
In Magia R. I managed to reroll yesterday Kyoko Sakura account with initial multi ticket. I knew I have just a short time before her event goes away. SSomehow I did manage to get player rank to 13 level, Kyoko & freebie 4* to lvl 80 before maintenance.

After maintenance we will have new event that lasts 9 days and devs are preparing for Challenge dungeons.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Btw, as someone who dropped epic 7 awhile ago I've been seeing some grumbling about it recently. Can someone full me in on what it is? Not that there a gacha or there without something to grumble about lol.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They introduced a new solo "challenge mode", basically a "tower" with 100 fights. The last five of which are super hard. Some player in Korea put of a video of them using a hacking tool from 1997, Cheat-o-matic, to hack it and said they've been doing it for months as have a lot of people on the top leaderboards in PvP. The Korean fanbase is not amused.

I think thats whats going on.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Korean playerbase has felt shit on for a while. Somewhat justified, but they're going overboard.

Then the new hero came out that people were anticipating and she's underwhelming and only useful for whales or EX-luckers. Then the cheating issue arose where people were "hacking" the game and clearing hard content. Then player accounts were getting hacked. And this is on top of the general state of the game and its balance, which is just...horrendous.

Smilegate (E7 devs) are holding a stream this week to discuss the issues and such.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Glad I dropped E7, the game was going more and more p2w by the day. Insanely shitty rates on top of weird summoning mechanics like Moonlight Summons, and there was another that I forgot the name Mystic or something that incentivized whaling. All this without mentioning the insane grind to build up the characters. Nope nope.

Next gacha pls.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
They introduced a new solo "challenge mode", basically a "tower" with 100 fights. The last five of which are super hard. Some player in Korea put of a video of them using a hacking tool from 1997, Cheat-o-matic, to hack it and said they've been doing it for months as have a lot of people on the top leaderboards in PvP. The Korean fanbase is not amused.

I think thats whats going on.

Damn, I'm more impressed that a tool from 1997 can interface and be used to hack the game.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's kind of embarrassing.

Speaking of embarrassing, this really doesn't look good for Revue Starlight...

This is what happens when you make power-creep the way it is in this game. Why should people whale it up for characters when they'll likely become outdated in a month or so (other than it being your favorite or whatever)? I really can't see the Global version lasting much longer, unfortunately. The ad gacha was probably a last ditch effort before they pull the plug on it. :(

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
So what ARE the 'wine' games that gotten better over time? Friends are telling me to go back to Dragalia... Heck the lyn summer unit is super cute... so i might check out fire emblem again, which I dropped 2 months after launch. It's always scary to play a gacha that's already somewhat old now. Overwelmed by content and systems.

tfw decades old cheating tool is compatible with a 2018 (I think?) smartphone game

games are still software.

I still use cheatengine to mess around with pc games all the time. Mostly because i'm short on time these days to 'grind' for stuff in rpgs.

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
games are still software.

I still use cheatengine to mess around with pc games all the time. Mostly because i'm short on time these days to 'grind' for stuff in rpgs.
I mean when's the last time cheat engine got updated and when was the last time that happen for cheat'o matic? not saying that just because it's a mobile game it's unhackable even using latest or custom tools. the fact that an old tool can work w/o modification, and being undetected server side for months is laughable

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
So what ARE the 'wine' games that gotten better over time? Friends are telling me to go back to Dragalia... Heck the lyn summer unit is super cute... so i might check out fire emblem again, which I dropped 2 months after launch. It's always scary to play a gacha that's already somewhat old now. Overwelmed by content and systems.

I think Granblue Fantasy has gotten better over time, 5 years running with no signs of stopping. FGO is in a similar position narratively with the newer story chapters being way better than the launch ones.

I say this as someone who actively plays Dragalia since day one, it's definitely just for folks that enjoy the action combat for the most part. I agree that the game itself has gotten better since launch, but the game at its core is an action game with a multiplayer focus. It takes way more effort to actively play compared to any turn-based gachas, and can easily get draining if it's not your cup of tea.

Oct 25, 2017
I think Granblue Fantasy has gotten better over time, 5 years running with no signs of stopping. FGO is in a similar position narratively with the newer story chapters being way better than the launch ones.

I say this as someone who actively plays Dragalia since day one, it's definitely just for folks that enjoy the action combat for the most part. I agree that the game itself has gotten better since launch, but the game at its core is an action game with a multiplayer focus. It takes way more effort to actively play compared to any turn-based gachas, and can easily get draining if it's not your cup of tea.
Yeah I dropped it because the first raid was just way too exhausting on my fingers with all that tapping for 5 min straight lol.

Hear the autobattle stuff is way better though

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I'll say this about dragalia.

It gets a lot of things right, except the most important part of a gacha game.

The characters

It feels way too homogenous as far as characters go. It feels so homogenous as far the character gameplay goes. The only skills that feel like it matters are the passive skills that actually allows you to survive in a raid and it feels like a hard check on what characters you're allowed to or not allowed to use for content rather than a meaningful test of mechanical or theoretical skill.

And the gameplay of controlling one character makes you feel like you're purely summoning to raise your team strength rather than anything actually unique to the character.

And even the SSR units feel like they have about the same quality art assets of, let's say for example, a 3* unit in FGO. They all use the same generic attack animations (even the 3* units in FGO have really good unique animations for the more popular or recent ones!) and their unique skills can't even compare to the noble phantasms in FGO.

And there's been no real attempt to make the characters or story break out of the most generic fantasy anime tropes there are.

I might come back to it after awhile, but I kinda stop after realising that I don't get excited even if I managed to summon an SSR unit.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I'll say this about dragalia.

It gets a lot of things right, except the most important part of a gacha game.

The characters

It feels way too homogenous as far as characters go. It feels so homogenous as far the character gameplay goes. The only skills that feel like it matters are the passive skills that actually allows you to survive in a raid and it feels like a hard check on what characters you're allowed to or not allowed to use for content rather than a meaningful test of mechanical or theoretical skill.

And the gameplay of controlling one character makes you feel like you're purely summoning to raise your team strength rather than anything actually unique to the character.
I've been saying this since day one. It is quite literally the only major issue I have with the game, but for a gacha game, it's the most important part.

I think it's the reason why the game isn't the smash hit they want it to be. It's frustrating because I love almost everything else about it.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I say that mostly out of frustration rather than any hate for it. I wish it could get better, but if I don't care about any character why am I playing a gacha game?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I don't think Dragalia's story is ever going to change its tone/general feel. I'm fine witn the laidback nature of it, but it is what it is.

As a 3D action game, there's a limit to what they can do conceptually because the animations can't be too long in a real-time setting. Ezelith, the character with the flashiest S1, can often be a liability because her animation takes too long. Turn-based games don't need to worry about that when designing their animations. Beyond that, with the weapon system, same-weapon characters are always going to have the same weapon combos and strings, so no character is ever going to be completely unique. I personally am fine with it, especially because of the endgame boss mechanics and the way they're designed, but to each their own.

Yeah I dropped it because the first raid was just way too exhausting on my fingers with all that tapping for 5 min straight lol.

Hear the autobattle stuff is way better though

The autobattle has actually gotten a lot better compared to launch (breaks chests, x2 speed, can do skills, will force strike, will dodge AoEs), and the grind in events has signficantly decreased with a lot more rewards per clear. Dailies were also basically cut in half (daily chests were all reduced by one while still providing the same total amount of reward).

The game's a lot better compared to when ya dropped it, just keep in mind it's still an action game so it can ask a lot of you at times.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
By the way, remember the "nexon Korea is not as bad as regular nexon" talkpoint? I was about to use it, but then I said, "let me look something", I went to Overhit's site... And look what's at the bottom

So yeah, that was a lie. Don't have high hopes for SinoAlice. Although apparently Square has Nexon by the balls on this one so maybe they won't do anything too stupid.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
*finishes reading Ren's story event in Magia Record*

Damn it, who started cutting onions around here?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile Legends: Adventure just launched globally.

It's AFK Arena, but it seems more generous, with more events, and more QoL. And more anime.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Glad I dropped E7, the game was going more and more p2w by the day. Insanely shitty rates on top of weird summoning mechanics like Moonlight Summons, and there was another that I forgot the name Mystic or something that incentivized whaling. All this without mentioning the insane grind to build up the characters. Nope nope.

Next gacha pls.
I'm in too deep but the mystic packs is exactly the moment I assumed I'd stop liking the game. Those packs are all they care about now.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
So I wanna play a good fair gacha with good rates and nice graphics... WHat would you guys recommend? I'm playing E7 and Overhit.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
So I wanna play a good fair gacha with good rates and nice graphics... WHat would you guys recommend? I'm playing E7 and Overhit.

I heavily reccomend playing Dissidia FInal Fantasy: Opera Omnia

It has a super fair Gatcha system, it's very generous with it's premium currency, and it's a ton of fun! It also looks gorgeous, with real great character and enemy models and awesome ability animations!

It's a turn based RPG where you put together teams of three of various final fantasy characters, each character fulfilling different roles and having interesting abilities, and using them together to take down various bosses and waves of enemies in different missions.

It has an interesting story that has numerous Fonal Fantasy characters open up to each other across different games, and the tougher content can be pretty fun to beat, and best of all, aside from the few grind areas and hosting multiplayer, THERE IS NO STAMINA SYSTEM TO PLAYING REGULARLY!!!

You can take the story mode and events at your own pace, and join multiplayer matches as much as you'd like, gaining basically everything you would if you were hosting.

It's a ton of fun, and I highly reccomend you try it for yourself if you're interested! We have a community on the Hangouts, so don't be afraid to ask questions! Plus the community on Reddit and Discord is really welcoming and awesome, there's even a podcast!

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
For people playing magiReco, here is what I have. I got pretty lucky with Ren. Now the wait for Sana and Mami begins.
Player ID: VFRyUPAj
DQ7dAWm.png