• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The live conference they held ended up being a 7-hour-long roasting session about criticizing all the game's problems from players, and the tickets are basically their apologies. The answers from the devs/SG to all the questions about the core issues with the game could be boiled down to "we're sorry, we're internally discussing it, we'll announce changes at a later date." I'd say to utilize the tickets to get what you want, then possibly hold off until July 31st to decide if you wanna invest your time on the game, since they said they're going to be announcing a bunch of changes at that date.

Keep in mind they don't exactly have the best track record of delivering on everything they promise considering the situation they're currently in, so take it with a grain of salt.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I tried global, I tried EU server. Its just too much grind and those special summons (mainly cash) that was no no to me.
That's how I feel.

I know the compensation is nice and all, and it's great for people that can put in the time/effort to play, but I'm just not sure that's me. Given the compensation I do feel a bit encouraged to start, but what's the point if I'm unlikely to enjoy it?

But yeah I might take advantage of it and see what I can get and just stick to daily login's until more information on upcoming changes are revealed.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Even if you have several nat5, they can be useless because you need to go through the endless grind, and unlike other games with massive grind, it's just not fun.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Btw what is your friend ID. Ill toss fr.
Same to everyone else. Post your fr id.

Mine: NjYxMmxK
Ign: Rixa

I guess release event ended, since I didn't get those release gems (500), most likely everyone will get Homura Akemi cause I had it too.
Plan is to save gems for something and using tickets to normal banner that is always there for pity breaks.

Waiting the new event to start, so I can awaken Ren to 5* and put her to Event "Exp slot" to gain massive amounts of exp. Leveling with exp items is very costly so I do initial leveling with them and then rest of her levels will be done by event boost.

My ID is xDmwRcv8
Ign: Zerokool

Wished they allowed more character for your name. Oh well. I got some slots left and can always use more support points. +30 if we're mutual instead of +10.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I would not recommend E7 at the moment. I would, however, keep an eye on it. The coming months will either redeem the game or kill it.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
I'm f2p on E7 and I'm just gonna see where it goes. Its a fun game but it pretty much takes hostage of your device thats how slowwww the grinding is. If they can do skip tickets they should stop fucking around and add them.

Joe Molotov

Oct 25, 2017
Chapter 4 of Madoka:

"Instead of randomly walking around town looking for people, let's check a phone book."

"What is a phone book?"

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Even with the free 5*, I'm hesitant to start playing the game after reading/hearing so much about it. I'm not sure I can put up for more grind than I already have, despite the compensation being generous. :/

Thanks for the post, though! I'll sleep on it and see how I feel a little later on, but from what I played of E7 at launch it didn't really impress me (aside from the Yuna Engine stuff).

If you still want to try , just remember to bind your account on something that isn't stove , I don't know the extent of the problem but I'm seeing many people complaining on losing their accounts using that method

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
In Magia Record, not sure if you all know this in battle, If things do not go right.

Force close app and restart it and resume fight. It starts from the start of that wave. This works even if you lose (by autoing or by manually playing) and get the pop up for "Use gems to continue"-> Force close app and it continues from start turn of that wave (usually one dies to boss so it starts from first turn of boss wave).

Good way to manipulate disks one gets (first 5 disks are same, then its rng). Does not work on pvp (obviously).

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the tip!

I'm finding it difficult to spend all of my pencils before I level up. I keep ranking up, giving me more AP, and then I use those on the daily quests for more pencils. Rinse/Repeat. I just hope I can spend them all before the event ends. At least it's helping get my rank up there for a higher AP cap.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the tip!

I'm finding it difficult to spend all of my pencils before I level up. I keep ranking up, giving me more AP, and then I use those on the daily quests for more pencils. Rinse/Repeat. I just hope I can spend them all before the event ends. At least it's helping get my rank up there for a higher AP cap.

What is your id? I need more mutual friend for that 60 FP. There are 5 tickets in the shop and each costs 5000 FP...

Iam farming daily quests too for awakening mats and obviously for Pencils (getting +14 - +20 Pencils from memorias per run). Trying to as much as I can. Atleast getting a lot of player levels, started 2½ days ago and player level is 43 now.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
What is your id? I need more mutual friend for that 60 FP. There are 5 tickets in the shop and each costs 5000 FP...

Iam farming daily quests too for awakening mats and obviously for Pencils (getting +14 - +20 Pencils from memorias per run). Trying to as much as I can. Atleast getting a lot of player levels, started 2½ days ago and player level is 43 now.
I'll post it here in a second when I finish this run (will edit it in). Meant to post it earlier but I forgot. I still need to level my water/fire/wind characters, so good thing there's an increased chance for Great/Super Success going on.

Yeah, this event is great for farming Player Level, which is great this early on. I hate low AP caps.

Edit: My Player ID is: jewNTp6H

ZServ

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Can I post about Monster Super League in here? I think it's technically Korean. Been having a lot of fun with it the past couple of days.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Sure can. It's described as a Japanese Gacha OT, but we discuss gacha games in general.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I had some time this afternoon so I thought I'd do a few re-rolls in E7. Since my primary concern is PVE (don't care about PVP), so my aim was Tammarine + a DPS/Farmer. I got Tammarine as well as Charlotte in the two compensation tickets, and played until the selective summon and got Sez from it. I'll settle with this and jsut stick with daily logins until I see what changes they have in-store. If they ever make farming more easy (skip tickets and such), I may pick it up again. If not, it was only a little less than an hour of my time spent re-rolling, so I didn't lose much.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
First Summoner is out. It seems like it has an interesting twist. Imagine Clash Royale but single player and you have a character to control as well.

So it could get P2W really quick. But it's different.

OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The pokemon master game looks fun, it has a combination of basic mechanics from FFRK and DFFOO mashed in together.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm legit considering cutting back on a lot of my gacha games. I'm just finding things way too busy even in the middle of non-events. The gacha games that are safe are:

Fate/Grand Order
Dragalia Lost
Magia Record

Starlight Revue is so casual, with being able to spend my stamina in seconds. I still need to grind a few event bosses here or there, but it's not too bad. Bang Dream same thing, I basically play three songs and I'm good for several hours until the stamina replenishes.

Destiny Child...I basically only log in daily for the rewards. I don't even bother doing the dailies anymore, so that'll probably be the first to go.

The Alchemist Code, basically the same thing. Kaigan and the additional grind really killed the game for me, it's just too much. Plus you know. Gumi.

Bleach Brave Souls...it really depends on how the upcoming anniversary goes. The game has grown so incredibly stale for me.

Star Ocean Anemnesis. This is one grindy game, with event shops needing SEVERAL clears of content to finish off. You can just grab the important items, but even that takes a lot of time and you can't really auto-battle the more difficult battles. It's a fun game, but I prefer the grind in the three primary games I listed at the top of this post more. Heavily debating dropping it, but I'll stick to daily login's until Nurse Fiore arrives as I've been wanting her for a long while now. If I get her, it might save the game for me. If not, I'll likely have cleared some space on my phone.

Another Eden is a game I'd like to play more, but I never have the time due to the other games I play. Maybe if I can cut down on a few I'll find more time to spend with it.

The more I think about it all, the more I believe I won't even bother downloading SINoALICE. Needing guilds for daily reward content is a huge strike against me (and the time needed to do it), and I don't have much faith in Nexon that things will be handled well. The next gacha game I'll likely give a download will be Pokemon Master.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I definitely have a lot more "just daily login" games than actual "try to do everything" games in my rotation at the moment.

Dragalia, E7, FEH and Starlight are my "grind out events and dailies" games.

Dragalia I've been doing the daily grind and trying to max out events twice since launch week and it hasn't been bad. I even massively grinded the New Years Raid re-run a lot because it was basically free resource-wise.

FEH and Starlight are so low maintenance that I can always do everything in them within an hour usually.

I upkeep E7 since I treat the game a lot more casually than most (have not done engaged with PvP at all in my 2+ months of playing, have yet to spend a single covenant BM or skystone). It's also legitimately a good sleeping aid for me when I need one, and MAN is the drama hilarious sometimes like with the live conference roasting. The recent announcement with the ML change was good though.

FGO, GBF, Another Eden, and arguably GFL/DFFOO are on the daily login pile right now. The former 3 I'm just daily logging because time constraints, while the latter two I just do some dailies and not much events while I wait to accrue significant stuff before dedicating more time to them again (another echelon in GFL and an EX weapon for a FF character I'm actually interested in in DFFOO).'

Also got MUA3 and that's going to take a chunk of my gacha time, which will then be occupied by FE: Three Houses when that releases, so my schedule's gonna be a lot tighter for a decent while.

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
^^

For me Dragalia was easy to drop. My phone broke (the one I got new from warranty last Jan, lasted 6 months before manufactury defect). Got new phone from warranty (eventho 2 year warranty ended 2 weeks before the second phone broke). Now games I play:
* FFBE here and there (logging and doing events sometimes or just logging and closing app).
* Grand Summoners.
* Magia Records.

Waiting for PokeMastah, very interested to that coop gaming part.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Damn lol.

I actually think some of the designs are better, but damn, didn't they see FGO and Epic 7 making all the pervert money in the west?

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I'm legit considering cutting back on a lot of my gacha games. I'm just finding things way too busy even in the middle of non-events. The gacha games that are safe are:

Fate/Grand Order
Dragalia Lost
Magia Record

Starlight Revue is so casual, with being able to spend my stamina in seconds. I still need to grind a few event bosses here or there, but it's not too bad. Bang Dream same thing, I basically play three songs and I'm good for several hours until the stamina replenishes.

Destiny Child...I basically only log in daily for the rewards. I don't even bother doing the dailies anymore, so that'll probably be the first to go.

The Alchemist Code, basically the same thing. Kaigan and the additional grind really killed the game for me, it's just too much. Plus you know. Gumi.

Bleach Brave Souls...it really depends on how the upcoming anniversary goes. The game has grown so incredibly stale for me.

Star Ocean Anemnesis. This is one grindy game, with event shops needing SEVERAL clears of content to finish off. You can just grab the important items, but even that takes a lot of time and you can't really auto-battle the more difficult battles. It's a fun game, but I prefer the grind in the three primary games I listed at the top of this post more. Heavily debating dropping it, but I'll stick to daily login's until Nurse Fiore arrives as I've been wanting her for a long while now. If I get her, it might save the game for me. If not, I'll likely have cleared some space on my phone.

Another Eden is a game I'd like to play more, but I never have the time due to the other games I play. Maybe if I can cut down on a few I'll find more time to spend with it.

The more I think about it all, the more I believe I won't even bother downloading SINoALICE. Needing guilds for daily reward content is a huge strike against me (and the time needed to do it), and I don't have much faith in Nexon that things will be handled well. The next gacha game I'll likely give a download will be Pokemon Master.
I can't fathom how people are able to balance multiple Gacha games. I was trying to balance Dragalia and Granblue at the same time and just couldn't do it. I now just Granblue and have Star Ocean as my daily login game, but I want to try SINoALICE for a week when it comes out.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I can't fathom how people are able to balance multiple Gacha games. I was trying to balance Dragalia and Granblue at the same time and just couldn't do it. I now just Granblue and have Star Ocean as my daily login game, but I want to try SINoALICE for a week when it comes out.

It heavily depends which ones they are....Granblue can easily become a full time job while games like FEH or Destiny Child barely require any daily time commitment to keep up.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It definitely depends on which ones they are. I've never dropped Granblue but it is by far the most time consuming one so when I'm playing other games it sort of gets thrown to the wayside a bit (apart from Guild Wars).

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017

They knocked down the amount of stuff dragalia required to do daily, as to be frank, alot of the fans that played it came from either feh or grubblue, but most ran into the same problem as you.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Took me about 40ish pulls to get 2nd 4* in Magia. It is Kirika Kure, who seems to be low tier being tank. Some use in pvp. Oh well will level it anyways and maybe now start saving stuff and level team and focus getting units better and so on. Iam at 53 player rank so its good to know I can be few hours without touching the game.

--

NightZero was launched, they say its similar combat style to Brown Dust, downloading the game and will test it.

Edit: Tierlist (wip) for rerollers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_t8940p1Mhe_BARdxZuNJNmkVBPmdqNTlirB1g_xaLY/edit#gid=0

Edit2: Uninstalled after 1-5, same stuff as Brown Dust, auto gameplay. Not for me.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
They only thing that caused me to drop Brown Dust is how much one needs to just let it run, without the Ability for the game to grind while you're not in the app. I don't use emulators usually, so it's a hassle. If NightZero has a better approach I might give it a look see when I get the chance. I'd want it to have BD's extensive auto-grind QoL stuff ideally like multi-auto-grinding.

OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Good on you for quitting, had to quit FGO since I was no longer having fun with it but took alot of willpower just to make that decision due to the commitment spent in the past.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Nightzero just seemed incredibly unpolished. With Pokemon Masters and Arknights on the horizon I'm more picky with what I stick with.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The grind in Dragalia Lost is actually pretty light, unless you want to go all-in and grab everything. The grind is there if you want it, but it's not really required.

But yeah, the time commitment to it all is why I'm starting to feel the need to cut down on a few. It's just too much. :/

Edit:

Touhou LostWord getting a Global release? A Touhou gacha game getting a Global release? I must be dreaming.

Last edited:

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
I'm really trying to cut back on my Gacha in general lately. I recently managed to get two of my most wanted characters in the Japanese version of Destiny Child and I realized just how little fun I have playing the game. Honestly, any game that I can auto easily just doesn't do it for me. I just want to actually play. I kind of think Gacha isn't really for me. I do have some daily games I log into but right now I'm only playing JP&GL Star Ocean Anemnesis. I really want to give Tales of Crestoria a spin when it comes out. I've picked up JP Tales of the Rays a couple times (for God Eater and Star Ocean collabs) but I'm so behind that it doesn't really feel worth it.

No don't leave! ;__; One of these days they'll optimize the game, one of these days...
I'm sending you Nurse Fiore prayers for whenever that finally happens.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently playing:

FGO
Magia Record
FFBE (mostly logging in)

Not looking to add another gacha game and if any of them begin to take up more time, well FFBE will be dropped first. Funny, I recovered my old account, but outside of leveling and awakening my units, not sure what to do. A lot of my old units can't awaken to 7*. I did get Lightning, but I need another copy to ascend her to 7. I'm doing events, but my team gets wiped by difficulty 50+. I actually have to play and not use auto-battle.
Once events start occurring at the same time, I won't be able to play them all like clearing out the event shop for Halloween or Christmas. So I'll have to pick and choose or maybe run emulators again.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ad Gacha removed in Revue Starlight after some connection issues earlier. I'm not sure if it's permanent or not, but if it is... :(

No don't leave! ;__; One of these days they'll optimize the game, one of these days...
I'm sending you Nurse Fiore prayers for whenever that finally happens.
No worries, I haven't left yet. Just playing more casually until I decide what to do. We'll see what the future holds.

I'll definitely accept that Nurse Fiore, though! :)

Edit:

No break for the wicked. Magia Record's next event starts right after the current Mitama Training ends. I guess we're not getting that "authentic Japanese experience" after all, not at this pace. I don't mind it terribly, but it'd be nice if they gave players complementary AP potions to make up for it. It also means that we'll have less gems/tickets to pull for upcoming characters, so you'll need to really plan ahead on what you're aiming for (especially if they're limited). My primary goal is Ultimate Madoka and I was going to try for Tart as well, but at the rate we're getting content, I'll probably have to re-think things. It seems like Ultimate Madoka will be it, and nothing else.

Last edited:

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Main gacha is FGO, everything else is in a flux installs and uninstalls

That said I'm looking forward to pokemon masters

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
"The Fishing game" Astral Chronicles launches globally today in 90mins time from this post with new server (you cant make account to old soft launch server).

Reddit has some info about game. Don't choose Gillian, its been nerfed.

Some random newish youtube clip of AC.

I actually liked the fishing part in soft launch :p. Time to dl this and sink some time while waiting for Pokemon Masters.

Edit: Its same game as it was in soft launch. Nothing special, vip vip and very many bundles -> Deleted. Next game in few days time is Elune.

Last edited: