• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I think what Astral Chronicles has going for it is the combat is pretty unique, but it seems like a lot of the systems are questionably implemented. It's basically Another Eden, with active combat, converted to an MMO/gacha game.

I will say that they are changing a ton of stuff from patch to patch. The game chugged in beta, even on newish phones, now it's smooth as butter (it was seriously horrible). You used to upgrade each piece of gear, and you were constantly swapping gear, now you just upgrade the slot per character. They're buffing and nerfing characters that need it. That's dicey in a gacha game, but if done right, is a good thing. They changed the co-op system to be less restrictive.

It feels like a beta, and they're testing out their monetization. I dunno. I might stick with it a bit just to see what they do.

Elune could be great, but their social media presence is basically zero. They don't have daily or even weekly posts about their systems, characters, whatever. That is usually the first sign that the game is not getting a big push and I question its future. Like, their game is launching tomorrow and they have a post from July 2nd about preregistering and a post from June 17th announcing preregistration. Before that? January 15th. That's literally it.

Still obviously going to try it out.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I literally just found out they banned discussion on AL.

So does that mean we can't talk about the upcoming anime series, either? You'd think so but I want to be certain.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if the anime series talk would be banned here as well, but it's a pretty safe assumption. :(

Joe Molotov

Oct 25, 2017
The events are coming fast and furious in MagiReco. We just finished the last one and the next one's starting as soon as the special training campaign is over tomorrow PLUS the rest of Chapter 4. Managed to get Kyoko Sakura awakened during the special training, but it's hard to focus on grinding for mats when they keep hitting us with all these other things. Although it is nice that you can get a bunch of mats from the event stores.

BTW, my Player ID if anyone wants to add me: vzsHfJjG

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the pace is a bit too much. I want to grind for materials to level my magia but I can't with the constant events. Sometimes the event shops will carry the materials I need, which is always nice, but not all of the time. A 1-2 day break in-between events would at least be something. I get that they want to catch us up, but it's been constant non-stop since the launch. :/

Joe Molotov

Oct 25, 2017
The least they could do is let us buy more AP potion packs. I've already burned through my allotment for this month.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the AP struggle is indeed frustrating. I mentioned this earlier, if they're going to increase the pace the least they could do is compensate with AP potions. It's already going to be difficult saving currency for upcoming characters since we'll have less time to save, we don't need AP concerns on top of that. Like, the new story drops tomorrow but I won't be able to run it due to the event coming at the same time. With no break in-between, it means I'll need to forego limited time content to run it, which isn't cool.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
played through Astral Chronicles chapters 1&2 to give it a try

the story/writing is.... uh.... uuuuuuuuh...... I think "bad" would be a severe understatement. Also, there's no fishing? I was promised fishing?

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
played through Astral Chronicles chapters 1&2 to give it a try

the story/writing is.... uh.... uuuuuuuuh...... I think "bad" would be a severe understatement. Also, there's no fishing? I was promised fishing?
It's in like a sidequest in the main town. It's Stardew Valley style where you have to hammer a button to balance a bar to catch the fish.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
On the bright side with Magia Record, we'll at least get to the more efficient farming nodes faster. I'm already wanting to kill myself just farming Madoka's doppel. I still have Ren and Rena's.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Gamevils next global game Elune should launch today, some info from Reddit.

U1BATpf.jpg

After 1-5 (takes about 5 minutes) you can perform selective multipull (about same as in E7) 30x multi.
You can only get max 1 Legendary per multi and it is 3* version. You can pull Rare or Epic as 5* from selective summon but not Legendaries.

Normal pull rates (see pic) done by premium currency:

1 multi = 11 pulls guarantees 1 Epic or Legendary unit.

Legendary: 2% is always 5*

Epic: 10% (4* - 9.5%, 5* - 0.5%) -> Can be 4* or 5*

Rare: 88% (3* - 5*) -> Can be 3* or 4* or 5*

If you are rerolling, DON'T choose the name you will use to play. You can change it to later but names are unique, so use some name and then when done rerolling rename your acco to that name you want to use.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone playing Magia Record should try to get the I Made Friends Memoria. It gives 15% attack up and 20% Crit up and 720 hp and 880 attack at level 1. Its an SS tier memoria even in JP.
I know people are saving for Tart, Miki Sayaka, or Godoka, but this Memoria is amazing.

My 2nd ten roll got me this.
3S9A8ii.jpg

I don't even want Konoha, but she showed up. I just want the Memoria lol.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I pulled Madoka on my free ten pull. Then the 500 Magia gems I got, I pulled Mami on the next ten pull. Then I saved whatever I had and spent it on Kyoko. I think it was 1,000 Magia gems or so.
I did two ten pulls on Ren, but I regret it. So I had 1200+ Magia gems saved. I didn't pull on Momoko or Rena banner. Whatever I had was saved up from Chapter 4, completing Labyrinth missions, Another story missions, doing dailies and login rewards. I also buy tickets with Mirror Coins, and the bundle from the Magia tab. The one for 200 Magia gems, you get 10 tickets, 5 BP potions and AP potions. Its worth it every month.
Also this. That Mami spook.

S49NGpl.jpg

I was trying to get the other event CE, but no dice. Back to saving.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone playing Magia Record should try to get the I Made Friends Memoria. It gives 15% attack up and 20% Crit up and 720 hp and 880 attack at level 1. Its an SS tier memoria even in JP.
I know people are saving for Tart, Miki Sayaka, or Godoka, but this Memoria is amazing.
Is the Memoria exclusive? If it's added to the general pool afterwards, I won't worry about it too much. I do want it, but I'd ratehr save for limited Magical Girls if I can, especially with the increased pace. It doesn't help that the Magical Girls in this weave are only "okay". They're fine, but definitely on the middle end of the spectrum in uses.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is the Memoria exclusive? If it's added to the general pool afterwards, I won't worry about it too much. I do want it, but I'd ratehr save for limited Magical Girls if I can, especially with the increased pace. It doesn't help that the Magical Girls in this weave are only "okay". They're fine, but definitely on the middle end of the spectrum in uses.
You can get the I made Friends Memoria anytime, but think of them like when Kaleidoscope first dropped when the CE pool was small, so it was somewhat easier to obtain. The magical girls on the fate weave are unlimited so I wouldn't worry about getting them. I only managed to get one copy after doing 6 ten pulls. The friends memoria is useful for mirrors.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
You can get the I made Friends Memoria anytime, but think of them like when Kaleidoscope first dropped when the CE pool was small, so it was somewhat easier to obtain. The magical girls on the fate weave are unlimited so I wouldn't worry about getting them. I only managed to get one copy after doing 6 ten pulls. The friends memoria is useful for mirrors.
Don't mention the word "Kaleidoscope" to me. Been playing since launch, still don't have one. >_<

At least with Magia Record, you can pull 4* Memoria from the FP gacha, so there's that at least.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Hot damn, I actually got the ad gacha banner girl Ichie today! The first time I've gotten any 4* from it that wasn't a Musketeer.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats!

Ichie is the only ad gacha girl I'm missing. I keep getting Musketeer Junna, she really loves me. No joke, I must have gotten her at least 8 times since this ad gacha, and it wouldn't surprise me if it were in the double digits. She loves me.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Open question: when you start playing or researching a new game, do you try to (where possible) understand the mechanics using comparisons to a game you're already familiar with? As someone whose near sole exposure to the "RPG Character Gacha" genre has been FGO, when I was reading up on Magireco or watching the Pokemon Masters overview videos they just released, I'm thinking, "Okay, this is like ascension, this is the equivalent of NP leveling..."
It does feel like the majority of those types of games use similar structures for how to develop your characters/units.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Open question: when you start playing or researching a new game, do you try to (where possible) understand the mechanics using comparisons to a game you're already familiar with? As someone whose near sole exposure to the "RPG Character Gacha" genre has been FGO, when I was reading up on Magireco or watching the Pokemon Masters overview videos they just released, I'm thinking, "Okay, this is like ascension, this is the equivalent of NP leveling..."
It does feel like the majority of those types of games use similar structures for how to develop your characters/units.

Yeah, I'll also do it associated to a game someone else plays (I.e. if someone played FEH mainly, I'll say Brown Dust has merging) when they ask for recommendations.

As someone who only has a rudimentary knowledge of FGO, I would say A TON of gacha games basically copy FGO's systems wholesale, probably due to its success and age.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
damn that battery drain sure is something
Yup and as you know, its Korean game where grind is mandatory and there is auto repeat function. I guess this game is for emulators. I have a laptop and I rarely use emus cause I do things with my laptop when its on and emulators are resource hungry :D.

---

Ill continue my Grand Summoners journey which I have played 31 days (I did play GS when it was launched)

If anyone wants to start to play Grand Summoners. Tomorrow after maintenance (about 20 hours from this post) is very good time to start.
There is a Knights of Blood banner rerun and raid.

Screenshot_20190724-082543.png
Screenshot_20190724-084101.png

When rerolling try to get Berwick / Vox and Thetis (or all 3 + Rivieira she is not so great than those other 3). First multipull guarantees "rainbow", tho it can be bad one too.

KoB units are the strongest non paid units in the game at the moment.
I have 300 Gems (6 multipulls) and over 10000 alchemy stones (one pull) to use for this banner and will use them all, but not expecting to get any of these .p.

As for raid, Anestra is the weapon one wants multiple copies (and to max limit break it).
If you liked Brave Frontier, this is the game for you.

Last edited:

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Princess Connect is getting an anime, plus its Cygames. If Uma Musume ever came out, it would probably get an english release as well.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Potential hype for Princess Connect Global?

Suddenly whole globe moves to SG, except Chrono who waits Can release.

Gematsu said:
Pokemon Masters launches August 29, pre-registration now available.
Soft-launching July 25 in Singapore and "soon" in Canada.

Gematsu said:
A preview version of the game will launch on supported Android devices in Singapore starting July 25 and will be "coming soon" to Canada. The preview version will allow players to enjoy select content from the game ahead of its worldwide launch without the need to pre-register on Google Play. All progress in the preview version will be saved and carried over into the final version.

Now to see if apk is enough to play soft launch version.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
On a side note, I pray every day that Symphogear or Yuuki Yuuna's mobage comes out in english.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who only has a rudimentary knowledge of FGO, I would say A TON of gacha games basically copy FGO's systems wholesale, probably due to its success and age.
I think only Granblue would really predate it if we're trying to stay close to games in the same general vein as FGO?

Anyway, as someone who has a (shamefully) ridiculous level of knowledge of FGO and little about most other games, I'd be interested in seeing if we can combine our respective expertise to determine just how much of a baseline it was for the games that followed over the last 3-4 years.

NoirSuede

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the kind of crap that goes around the official Honkai Impact 3 SEA server Discord:
Screenshot_20190710-160633_Discord.jpg

Screenshot_20190722-172126_Discord.jpg

And there has been some accusations going on that the devs are closet pedophiles based off the fact that:
1. All the loli looking chars (Bronya/Rozalia/Lilia/Theresa/Seele/ Fu Hua on a very technical level) are perrenial top tiers while the mature looking ones and Especially the Japanese ones (Mei/Himeko/Yae) have been left in the dust for the most part.
2. Almost all the plot relevant characters in the game's story like Einstein and Tesla look underaged
3. After patch 2.7 the main villain is a mature buxom woman (Rita) squaring off against the underaged-looking protagonists (Teri/Bronya), almost as if its an allegory for how the devs feel on the two body types
3. Related to point 2, the event that triggered the accusations is that they killed of a mature looking character (Himeko) only to put 2 loli characters 2 updates later inheriting her weapon group (Rozalia and Lilia)

By this point I really want to have nothing to do with the game, it's just that I cant mentally abandon it bc one of the characters have been my shining beacon of inspiration to improve myself IRL (Fu Hua)

Last edited:

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
man i only ended up playing a bit of honkai when it came out, didn't know it turned into that kind of game, yikes

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Soft launch with progress carrying over is the stupidest shit. Yes, give certain people a head start in a game that will have almost assuredly have PVP. Brilliant. This also seems to indicate there will be servers, which is awful.

Not a good start, imo. Hype going down.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Soft launch with progress carrying over is the stupidest shit. Yes, give certain people a head start in a game that will have almost assuredly have PVP. Brilliant. This also seems to indicate there will be servers, which is awful.

I know soft launch do suck. FF: Brave Exvius was in soft launch state ~1½ months before Global release. I did start with soft launch. In that game I didn't get massive headstart (we didnt have alot of dungeons nor no weekly events before GL launch).

Deleted member 58099

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 21, 2019

Pokemon Masters will NOT have PVP. Its Story / Co op focused.

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017

there's no PvP tho, at least not at launch, also I much rather prefer this to servers potentially crashing at launch because everyone is getting in and rerolling st the same time

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the game doesn't have PvP at launch, and although it's likely it will eventually have it, by that point new, better units will have come out so will it really matter