• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
These new Revue Starlight events that have double banners feel kind of scummy. Not just one new banner a week when nobody who is F2P can afford it, but TWO so you can't even get both new girls on the same banner.
Yeah, it's too much, too soon. I'm not pulling again until Bride Hikari, but the pace is a little ridiculous. I don't even have time to run the new story since there's constant events. It's similar to Magia Record in that regard, but at least in the latter there are events where you get currency by running any of the maps (so you can go back and do the story then, although it isn't optimal).

I get that they want to catch up to Japan, but they're just burning out their playerbase. Even with the Ad Gacha (which I don't always do anymore, since I have basically all of the Memoire limit broken and I'm only missing Ichie who just passed.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, we got those skills feature in Revue Starlight already. The number of creation jewels are insane, thankfully we have the ad gacha. I'm not sure how the Japanese players are surviving this. Duplicates from the gacha count too and are retroactive, so you'll probably already have a few 4*'s with their skills leveled a bit (depending on your luck).

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Guess there is no official guild, can't even find an |OT| for this one. I play casually, so if that doesn't bother you sent me an friend invite. My ID is 24671385

Out of curiosity, how many servers there are now in AFK Arena. When I made my account many many months ago it was server 17. When they globally launched it, there was like 57 servers or something, what is the count of servers now?

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Disliking this server trend which is usually around idle games.
Huge amounts of servers, popping new server every few days = Milking new players and server switchers in with new player bonuses.

New whales seem to like this because it allows them to much more easily top the competitive leaderboards on their server and feel dominant.

By the way there's a PV for the Destiny Child x Blazblue event. Fair warning on lewd outfits, Makoto in particular, as usual with Destiny Child:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New whales seem to like this because it allows them to much more easily top the competitive leaderboards on their server and feel dominant.

By the way there's a PV for the Destiny Child x Blazblue event. Fair warning on lewd outfits, Makoto in particular, as usual with Destiny Child:

62k worth of pulls, two Noel (the only character you get for free). I'm going to delete it from my phone. I'm just bored of the gameplay, and this was the final breaking point for me. I got so many off-banner 5* too, it was depressing. I needed to cut back on my gacha games anyway, and raids and such were a massive time sink.

But hey, good luck to the rest of you!

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
62k worth of pulls, two Noel (the only character you get for free). I'm going to delete it from my phone. I'm just bored of the gameplay, and this was the final breaking point for me. I got so many off-banner 5* too, it was depressing. I needed to cut back on my gacha games anyway, and raids and such were a massive time sink.

But hey, good luck to the rest of you!

Honestly I skip all the collab banners because, with very specific exceptions (like Childs that give huge boosts in World Boss/Ragna in particular), you need high uncaps.

For example outside World Bosses I barely need any other attackers anymore ever because my Eve is at +5 at this point.

Index completion is impossible anyway because I didn't pull on those garbage Kemono Friends banners.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
In Magia Recod I managed to get Madoka from normal banner (where Ive been tossing tickets and gems) with relatively easy. Pity was 12/100 and then I made the multi.

Now I think I might focus on saving for something. Also this is the team Iam building, got all Madoka awaken stuff and Kirika needs few invitations which I havent grinded, no need at the moment.

Screenshot_20190801-155803.png

No dupes so far thus not extra memoria slots except Ayame will be 4/4 at some day :). Most likely Madoka will be my exp hoarder in next Miitama event. Not going to toss exp gems to her. At some day I have other units like Yachio etc there who will have all memoria slots opened.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's up for pre-register, and it was known the moment they announced Links was shutting down

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Who's ready for Fire Emblem Heroes Saga!? The game looks amazing and entirely unique, really nothing else quite like it!

rfbk3asd30e31.png

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Finally unlocked my first doppel with Madoka, what a nightmare. I still have my Ren and Rena now.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
A new chapter in Magia Record as well as a new event starting on the 6th (as soon as the current event ends). I haven't even touched the new chapter due to absolutely no downtime between events, and now I'm getting a second new chapter on top of this. I'll never get around to running them at this rate.

Edit: It turns out this event is similar to Ren's, where you get drops from normal quests to run challenge stages. So I guess I'll find be able to grind through more of the story, as well as run the evolution material dungeons.

Last edited:

Joe Molotov

Oct 25, 2017
A new chapter in Magia Record as well as a new event starting on the 6th (as soon as the current event ends). I haven't even touched the new chapter due to absolutely no downtime between events, and now I'm getting a second new chapter on top of this. I'll never get around to running them at this rate.

Edit: It turns out this event is similar to Ren's, where you get drops from normal quests to run challenge stages. So I guess I'll find be able to grind through more of the story, as well as run the evolution material dungeons.

Just hurry up and get me to Godoka and Holy Mami.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Has anyone ever needed or felt justified in using premium currency for inventory space? I know that I have in several games that have temporary multipliers avalible for grinding and such.

Heck, it's almost mandatory in some games, like Let It Die, where your storage needs to be as large as possible to hold everything you need for progression and character building.

Thankfully, the cost for doing so is usually very small, though I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few Gatcha's out that taking advantage of this kind of thing to tease out purchases.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone ever needed or felt justified in using premium currency for inventory space? I know that I have in several games that have temporary multipliers avalible for grinding and such.

Lots of Lapis (prem currency) used to inventory in FFBE during +3 years play time. There the inventory is divided to different things which means one needs to "waste" more Lapis to different inventories.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017

Heck, it's almost mandatory in some games, like Let It Die, where your storage needs to be as large as possible to hold everything you need for progression and character building.

Thankfully, the cost for doing so is usually very small, though I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few Gatcha's out that taking advantage of this kind of thing to tease out purchases.

From other player's comments it seems Azur Lane is particularly egregious with this if you're F2P and trying to collect all ships. It would be a hard struggle to still have gems for skins at some point.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
It's confirmed. Star Ocean Anamnesis Global are closing their servers. Sad times. :/

Ahh, son of a bench, I shoulda known it was declining. That's awful. Even though I fell off of playing it, I had fun when I was. It had such good mechanics to it, and it was really fun to work with other people!

I hope people get to have some fun before it shuts down for good globally, but that's lame.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ahh, son of a bench, I shoulda known it was declining. That's awful. Even though I fell off of playing it, I had fun when I was. It had such good mechanics to it, and it was really fun to work with other people!

I hope people get to have some fun before it shuts down for good globally, but that's lame.
I had around 196,000 gems saved for cool characters too (such as Nurse Fiore). I'm really disappointed. :(

As for continuing to play, nah. I know they're going to have closing events and all of that, but it's wasted time. I probably won't even bother logging in anymore, there's no point.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one bites the dust

Really, everyone needs to just follow the Granblue model of having one server but multiple languages. Granblue has a rediculous amount of content to translate, so these lesser games have no excuse. Even slightly better than google translate is better than having the servers shut down after one year because western players are less accepting of being raped by shit rates.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Real talk though, how do all the different gacha games survive at the same time in Japan? Is it just a matter of the potential player base being that much larger and more of an audience for each niche?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much, yeah. Japanese players are also A LOT more liable to spend money on them, given past statistics. But then, the increased number of people that play them probably helps too.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Real talk though, how do all the different gacha games survive at the same time in Japan? Is it just a matter of the potential player base being that much larger and more of an audience for each niche?

Its either you get really lucky in your genre or you die. Bang Dream aired its anime before the game came out. Sales were so bad that retailers were begging people to buy goods for the series, but once the game launched it managed to bring itself back from the dead and become even bigger than Love Live, which is in heavy decline because people didn't give a shit about Aquors. Then you have the opposite end, like Akanesasu Shoujo or Sora Umi, which had anime adaptations, but the games died literally within a month of those anime finishing. Akanesasu in particular died so fast, its like in the top 3 fastest deaths, up there with a game that died in one day.

There are games like Tokyo Seventh Sisters, that persist in the idol genre despite being completely unpopular, and games like Battle Girl High School that are still alive somehow, but on life support. It really is a matter of luck and just getting a large fanbase out of nowhere like Bang Dream.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty much never playing a gacha game that isn't truly global (JP and EN on the same patch) again, unless it's backed by a crazy good IP or incredibly popular. This is far too common. The writing was on the wall for SOA when the game tanked to sub-1000 on the earnings chart just months after launch.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
All I'm playing now is SOA JP, though I'm still logging into GBF. I'm going to start praying that by some miracle Tales of Crestoria will have a fused HP and Global servers.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Star Ocean had the most unlikable helper character I have ever seen. I usually don't mind them but they went out of their way to make him unlikable