• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Not sure how many people are playing Astral Chronicles here, but I found that

- I found the art style of very lovely. The chibi is cute with funny expression.
- The main story line is nothing out of ordinary, but there are many side quest lines ad many are hilarious.
- Instead of an stamina system you are simply given a limited amount of attempt for the daily dungeon(s). This is good since you only need to play one session a day instead of worrying about stamina overflow. However this also means your progression is time gated and you have less flexibility in choosing what you want to prioritize.
- 3% gacha rate for SSR, pity SSR if you summon 100 times without a SSR in the same banner only. You can also get SSR via shards which can be obtained as a drop, from store or after you max limit break someone else. Not the best but not too bad.
- The battle system is somewhat similar to King's Raid, however, you cannot really control your teammate so for example you cannot time your stun to interrupt an enemy.skill. The actual battle is also too busy with too may things going on at the same time so manual play is very inefficient. Unlike King's Raid though you can control the movement of your main character and make your team follow you, even when using auto battle.
- The main character can change class and equip other people's skill so it is flexible enough to fit in any team. However since you can only control her so she is probably best suited as a tank. Pulling trash away and positioning the boss is very important to keep your team alive.
- It has a fishing sub game, and the seafood you catch can be used in a Pokemon style battle.
- The amount of package you can buy is simply outrageous. it is so confusing it looks like a bastard of King's Raid and Langrisser
- There are too many ways to strengthen your characters - limit break with dupe, mastery point (talent), bond etc. This makes each character a very heavy investment.
- Equipment is also heavy RNG based - there are multiple equipment set, generally each character has an optimal set, except that each piece also has a set of random sub stats. So not only you need to collect 4 piece of equipment from the same set, but also hope that each of them carried good sub stats. Leveling up equipment also requires rare material.

Overall, I found the lack of stamina system is great since I do not have to constantly login to spend stamina. However the end game will probably be frustrating due to the heavy RNG based equipment system.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
That's somewhat funny because I finally went out of my way to unfollow their Twitter profile literally last night. I think that may have been the last drop for them.
So you're to blame, then? Well thanks. Thanks a lot! :(

Star Ocean had the most unlikable helper character I have ever seen. I usually don't mind them but they went out of their way to make him unlikable
If it helps, the Japanese VA was the one for Frieza (DBZ). It definitely made it more tolerable, but he was still a bit annoying. The English VA was taking a cheese grater to my ears.

I thought I play this not too long ago. Seems like a fairly short life time.
They were just celebrating their one year anniversary, so it was about one year old. They were supposed the drop season two in the story as well, which was apparently some great stuff. Shame we'll never see it in English.

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
I liked almost everything about Astral Chronicles except for the battle system which was so poor it became a dealbreaker

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's probably not the best way to judge a game, but the advertisements for Astral Chronicles in Revue Starlight really put me off from playing the game.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I dropped Astral Chronicles. I liked a lot about it, but the end-game felt horribly unbalanced. Like the first event after launch was only doable on the lowest difficulty for me and I played every day.

Cat_o_Nine

Dec 12, 2017
USA
The LVL suggestions are really accurate, that you need to be at least the level it suggests you to be. However, they had super duper hard difficulty for people who would potentially be level capped except I just hit 40 the other day, and I think the cap is either 50 or 60.

There are weird difficulty spikes all over the place, and it has semi basic WoW bosses (don't stand in the fire!) but your AI isn't smart about standing out of the fire on its own and the follow command has a cooldown. That and the combat seems sluggish. Still, if I play it casually it seems ok.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
I dropped Astral Chronicles. I liked a lot about it, but the end-game felt horribly unbalanced. Like the first event after launch was only doable on the lowest difficulty for me and I played every day.
I don't even know what's the point of the higher difficult since they all appear to drop the same amount of point.

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
I started playing FGO again after my friend gave me his account, I'm really enjoying it now for some reason? Playing the event has been really enjoyable.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
We can be good, but only occasionally. ;)

BTW, Magia Record updated our dailies. They now reward AP pots (50AP) a couple times a day, which helps offset our increased pace a bit. We still need to do 15 missions for the gems, but it's a start!

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
We can be good, but only occasionally. ;)

BTW, Magia Record updated our dailies. They now reward AP pots (50AP) a couple times a day, which helps offset our increased pace a bit. We still need to do 15 missions for the gems, but it's a start!

Hey thats nice. Ill finish newest story and then its time to grind enhancements dungeon. I have few units that need exp so badly and I need to level & awaken them inorder to clear harder challenges.
Talk about squirrel wheel :D. Ayme is at 4* lvl 60 so 20 to go before she is maxed, nice to have atleast one 4 memoria slotter unit.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
I'm quite enjoying Astral Chronicles. The limited daily content can be pretty annoying when you just want to keep playing, but also a relief when you don't have much time.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Iam the F2P who is not saving resources to "limited" banners in Magia. Thus Iam pouring my rerources to normal banner for pity rate and chance of dupes. Well I got 3rd Memoria dupe.
I had to double check that my pull really was from the normal banner (yes it was). Also getting dupes of Yachio (2* girl 2nd left in bottom row) & others help in the long run.

Screenshot_20190807-111942.png
Screenshot_20190807-112103.png

Starting to have nice roster of units. Madoka just needs more levels, I have fed all the awaken materials to her so exp is the only issue (thats why I will run xp chamber during this event).
Ren + Kirika makes fabulous connect combo, add Ren magia to that make things even more funny.
Ren gets evade from Magia and Kirika gives taunt & counter & def up (V) Ren.

Synergy of connections is so huge in Magia Record and there is a vast number of different combos one can achieve with connections.

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I started FGO a long long time ago rerolling into a Zhuge Liang, Lancelot and Heracles account, and played for a bit before giving up. Fun gameplay, I might give it another shot sometime.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Apparently Langrisser is getting secret realm (daily maps) sweeping on August 8th with its next major patch. That fact that you couldn't do that was the #1 reason I quit that game, so I might give it a second try with a new account and a "summon as little as possible" stipulation. In E7 I've only summoned on the limited Sea Salt Bologna banner (guaranteed after 121 summons), in DFFOO I've only done summoning for Zack's EX weapon (guaranteed after 75K gems I think?), I've yet to do any summons with orbs in FEH, and my alt DL account still hasn't done any Wyrmite/permanent ticket summoning. I remember seeing someone do all the PvE content solely through story/Friendship summon units in Langrisser, and I might do something similar if I do decide to get back into it. Three Houses has really made me wanna add a TRPG onto my daily lineup.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I try to keep my Gatcha limited, honestly. I only do DFFOO seriously, since it's so fun to play and interact with the community. Plus super duper generous. I play FFRK more passively, since the daily draw has a super high rate up for getting 5 and 6 star equipment, which provide characters with their best abilities. That game is generous in it's respect for your daily due.

Gotta keep yourself interested without burning out, and there are different ways to do that. Some people can play multiple gatchas, and more power to them, I just focus on one at a time.

Plus, I'm getting back into FFXV now that the Windows version works on my Updated Drivers, and having a ball on Comrades, hit me up if you wanna do some missions!

Has anyone ever been so into a Gatcha game, that even though they may play without paying, they felt they needed to buy something to support the game and it's devs? I bought Zack's costume in DFFOO when he came out because I respected the game so much. Plus young Zack is the best! Might pick up Y'shtola's costume on her EX+ sometime because that looks great too!

Bare in mind that these are roughly $55 Canadian and I've never spent a dime since starting over a year ago, I just appreciate the game enough to go for it. Prices suck otherwise, it's way more F2P friendly then P2W.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did all the challenge quest for Reaching a Happier Height event on Magia Record. Challenge 7 and 10 killed and I gemmed through it. I brought my quest team in for 7, so that was my fault, but it jumps in difficulty there. Gonna redo both and see how it goes. At least getting another Perfectly Imbalanced memoria was a nice reward for clearing challenge 10. These fights are getting really hard.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I watched a video on how someone else did challenge quest 7 in Magia Record. When in doubt, he went double Madokas with her Unwavering Light memoria which gave bind immunity and hp regen per turn. I used the strat and cheesed both challenge 7 and 10. Wow, it was way easier than bringing all my other magical girls. Challenge quest 7 required a few save scumming since I didn't know which was the high priority target and came close to dying with burn, but 35% damage cut for 3 turns plus heal connect kept them up. Its just Magia or connect almost every turn lol. It was hilarious seeing double Madoka taking on 4 magical girls at once and winning.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't get into the game when it came in JP, maybe when it releases in global I'll give it another chance.

Joe Molotov

Oct 25, 2017
I watched a video on how someone else did challenge quest 7 in Magia Record. When in doubt, he went double Madokas with her Unwavering Light memoria which gave bind immunity and hp regen per turn. I used the strat and cheesed both challenge 7 and 10. Wow, it was way easier than bringing all my other magical girls. Challenge quest 7 required a few save scumming since I didn't know which was the high priority target and came close to dying with burn, but 35% damage cut for 3 turns plus heal connect kept them up. Its just Magia or connect almost every turn lol. It was hilarious seeing double Madoka taking on 4 magical girls at once and winning.

Apparently Double Doka is a popular strat. I just brute forced it with gems (still worth it since you get 20 for clearing).

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Got a notification on, of all places, facebook, that Pokemon Masters Preview is now available in Canada... (and Singapore?) on Android. So I'll give that a try lol.

edit: will stuff I got during beta carry over to full release or will it all be wiped?

Last edited:

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
Got a notification on, of all places, facebook, that Pokemon Masters Preview is now available in Canada... (and Singapore?) on Android. So I'll give that a try lol.

edit: will stuff I got during beta carry over to full release or will it all be wiped?
progress carries over to the full version

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I probably won't bother with the Pokemon Masters preview. It sounds like you get barely any currency to re-roll starting out, so I'm probably going to wait for the full launch in the hopes that we get some bonus items that way to make the re-rolls a little less painful.

Heavenraiser

Oct 27, 2017
It took me a several hours of playtime just to get enough currency for the first roll. Luckily I got a 5*, so I will probably keep the account.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. That's the problem starting during preview events like this, you don't (usually) have the launch bonus items to use for re-rolls. I know it means I won't get a headstart on everyone, but honestly I don't care about that.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. That's the problem starting during preview events like this, you don't (usually) have the launch bonus items to use for re-rolls. I know it means I won't get a headstart on everyone, but honestly I don't care about that.
This will be the game where Ill most likely wait global release before poking in.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Wait, what the heck!? There's a Gregory Horror Show Gatcha!?!? And it's called Lost Qualia?!?

I'm absolutely in love with Gregory Horror Show, has anyone played this? Is it any good? It's got a twitter advertising it, so it's still around.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Astral Chronicles has a new event. It seems that by using a equivalent of 8 pulls worth of gem you can it will guarantee you the event SSR. In addition daily free pull on the event banner makes this pretty good I think?

edit: Besides monthly subscription they also have a package that gives you some extra stuff daily, permanently for $10.

Last edited:

Joe Molotov

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got enough bottles in this event to buy a Destiny Gem for Kokoro, just in time for the next 15 events in Magia Record to start. I don't know if I'm going to bother to run her, since she doesn't seem that good, but I figured I should at least get a gem while it's available.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
5 hours until the Kazumi Magica event, I sure love no dead weeks. Kazumi is one of the best units in the game for PVP even in JP, so I hope people saving for her get her. I only have 250 gems for it. Supposedly, we're also getting something absurd in about 9 days for Iroha's birthday campaign according to dataminers (something like daily free 10x for 7 days), but thats still a rumour. It would make sense though, we don't even have 100k downloads for Magia Record almost 2 months after release, so they might be desperate. For context, the game launched on August 22 in JP, so for them, Iroha's birthday came at the same time as the 1st anniversary.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just thankful I don't care about PVP so I can continue to save for Ultimate Madoka.

That Iroha Birthday Campaign sounds great though, hopefully we get it. It does worry me that the game doesn't seem to be doing as well as it could, but then a lot of people are probably saving for specific girls and not spending right now. This is why such a large gap is unfortunate, so maybe once it closes a bit (at this pace, it shouldn't take long) things will improve. Granted we probably won't get Ultimate Madoka sooner, since she was an anniversary character, but if things keep up we'll probably get Tart next month. That will probably be the big deciding factor on whether people decide to open their wallets or not.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Astral Chronicles has a new event. It seems that by using a equivalent of 8 pulls worth of gem you can it will guarantee you the event SSR. In addition daily free pull on the event banner makes this pretty good I think?

edit: Besides monthly subscription they also have a package that gives you some extra stuff daily, permanently for $10.
You know, cause Iam on holiday and I have time. I started AC after bunch of rerolls (which ended to Cupid and 2x SR Gin). Then I made one multi which was dud, second multi had Lars. Third multi was last night with the 10 tickets we got as 50k prereg (Iam in server 21).

Tossing the link to multipull, cause there is something wrong with Era and I can't link pics anymore.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
You know, cause Iam on holiday and I have time. I started AC after bunch of rerolls (which ended to Cupid and 2x SR Gin). Then I made one multi which was dud, second multi had Lars. Third multi was last night with the 10 tickets we got as 50k prereg (Iam in server 21).

Tossing the link to multipull, cause there is something wrong with Era and I can't link pics anymore.

I think I made about 90 pulls in total and got 3 SSR, excluding the reroll.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Having 4x MLB event 3* memoria in Magia Record and running with friend that has mlb memoria in 1.3 advance gives 27-33 currency per run.
I dislike the mission shit we have "Use only 3 turns" when in dungeon there is 3 floors. Easiest to run 1+1 units and still its completely rng. Lazy and stupid.

Also why the hell event is time gated, when we are running every event fast forward. Oh well will burn my nrg to 1.3 and prolly some extra ap pots cause we started to swim in those.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a question does Japan still hate Android? Like, would I really be missing out on some good JPN games if I dont go Apple?

I remember this being a thing a while back ago, but not sure if its still relevant.

Thinking of trading in my old Fire Tablet for a Samsung Galaxy Tablet, not a fan of Amazon's BS on it.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I have a question does Japan still hate Android? Like, would I really be missing out on some good JPN games if I dont go Apple?

I remember this being a thing a while back ago, but not sure if its still relevant.

Thinking of trading in my old Fire Tablet for a Samsung Galaxy Tablet, not a fan of Amazon's BS on it.
I don't know of any gacha that is iOS exclusive.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I bet QooApp helped things out a bit. I just remember way back when that JPN was like "Nuh uh Apple Only."
QooApp had nothing to with that lol they're just a Chinese company that reuploads apks. It's just that more people use Android now, and gachas are made to make money, so why not try to get as much as possible

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
QooApp had nothing to with that lol they're just a Chinese company that reuploads apks. It's just that more people use Android now, and gachas are made to make money, so why not try to get as much as possible

Good point. Alright thanks. I'll see if Best Buy will trade in this tablet....

Edit: 5 Dollars. Yikes.