• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
So basically I have been gone for quite some time. I had a stop at Mobile Legends (45 days) in which I was part of a tryhard squad, reached global with my main tank Minotaur but then when I finally understood how much time I was investing to the point where I barely had any time for myself whether it was daily or weekend time, I decided to pull the plug and call it a day.

What I realized about myself during that time, is that I really, really hate commitments but at the same time without them you will always have this fear of being replaced so I thought to myself "Fuck it" and left. It was not healthy having to be on Friday/Saturday/Sunday because of squad stuff to do at specific times and be a slave to the clock.

So right now I am patiently going to wait for Pokemon Masters then probably switch to Lost Cloudia until Aion: Tempest or Aion thought I am a bit concerned with the lack of news. I am hoping by November to know something about its current delevopment.

By the way, what is going on with Dengeki Bunko: Crossing Void? Why the low interest?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Dengeki Bunko never officially released here in Canada on iOS (at least, I can't find it on my app store), and with the news of them lowering the rates/rarities of certain characters, it immediately killed the interest for me.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could be excited, but tower defense. I doubt even waifu could save it for me. :(

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Arknights is still my most hyped game this year because it has a lot of ex-Girls' Frontline staff on it, including the lead art director (this is highly apparent).

I also have high hopes for the story - the setting looks really intriguing.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
snl-stefon-desk-smiling-700x322.jpg

The Arknights trailer has it all. Kemonomimi anime girls, hospitalizations, gang violence, terrorism, and a song by Linkin Park soundalike band Starset.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
It's by the way the same exact first trailer they showed last year for CN. Here is the second one if you're interested:

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Mar 15, 2019
snl-stefon-desk-smiling-700x322.jpg

The Arknights trailer has it all. Kemonomimi anime girls, hospitalizations, gang violence, terrorism, and a song by Linkin Park soundalike band Starset.

So far it looks pretty interesting visually. Not sure how I feel about the gameplay.
Does anyone know if it has a story/events?

(this is the last place I thought I'd see a Stefon reference. I applaud you)

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
Are there any good gacha games available on the EU app stores with Korean language as an option? (I'm learning Korean and games seem like a good way to practice). Korean only is ok.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any good gacha games available on the EU app stores with Korean language as an option? (I'm learning Korean and games seem like a good way to practice). Korean only is ok.
Epic Seven has options for both the text and voice language to be in Korean and is available on EU stores.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
I've Pokemon Masters away until they actually hand out rewards. The earnings are TERRIBLE, at least in pre-release.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Having such a bad luck in gacha recently. Took 100 pulls to get Zeus in Astral Chronicles (thanks pity system), and similar horrible luck in another game.

bjork

Oct 27, 2017
I preregistered for a Fist of the North Star game, I guess you get a free Rei when the game launches? That's cool and all, but I want to see Toki.

Joe Molotov

Oct 25, 2017
Just awful :/.
So many tries with 2 units in the party to be completely under mercy of rng and hoping for blast discs.
Made it with friend Madoka & Ren duo. Adding stupid missions is sure way to kill the fun of fight.

I did it with Double Ren, it took me about 8 tries. On the 6 or 7th try, I had enough blast discs, but in the 5th wave one of the blasts left an enemy alive with a sliver of health. I almost wanted to cry.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, so the datamined Iroha birthday event in Magia Record was real after all. It starts on the 22nd.

Each day you log in, we get:

- Birthday Medal x2 (can exchange for rewards)
- 10x Tsukuyo Amane Fate Weave Tickets (so seven pulls total over the course of a week)
- 10x Magia Stones

We also get a purchaseable Birthday Set (with paid Magia Stones) that gives us a guaranteed 4* pull. It also comes with 10x Fate Weave Tickets, Master Gem++ x10, and Elemental Gem++ x10.

So much great stuff.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
That's what I wanted to hear. I was worried when the page updated with only the Amane stuff.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately Tsukuyo Amane isn't the strongest magical girl there is, and the tickets can only be used on her banner, but the chance is always there to get an off-banner 4*, not to mention the 2/3* magical girls you could pull as well as Memoria. If I get to 70 pulls without a 4* (it's likely), I might just do the 30 extra pulls for the pity 4*. It'd seem like a waste not to.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Unfortunately Tsukuyo Amane isn't the strongest magical girl there is, and the tickets can only be used on her banner, but the chance is always there to get an off-banner 4*, not to mention the 2/3* magical girls you could pull as well as Memoria. If I get to 70 pulls without a 4* (it's likely), I might just do the 30 extra pulls for the pity 4*. It'd seem like a waste not to.

Thats the plan, doing those 30ish extra pulls if not pity breaking. Obviously hoping for dupes at the moment, cause don't have time nor resources to pour yet to new base 4* that has only one memoria slot at the moment. Anyways, 7 free multis is very nice thing to have.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I did it with Double Ren, it took me about 8 tries. On the 6 or 7th try, I had enough blast discs, but in the 5th wave one of the blasts left an enemy alive with a sliver of health. I almost wanted to cry.

Hello hello. I just got to chapter 8 boss, I have acquired all missions in earlier stages. This one will be a grind (it seems there is no easy way to obtain that 4* memoria). My whole party is dead after 3 turns. Boss has 9999999 hp :p. Game suggest I should equip that 4* memoria, but I don't have it. I can do extra damage if I get Ren connection before she is dead...

Edit: Itseems I have missed one boss fight, thus I should get the memoria and then do the final boss.

Last edited:

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. That's the problem starting during preview events like this, you don't (usually) have the launch bonus items to use for re-rolls. I know it means I won't get a headstart on everyone, but honestly I don't care about that.

I get that, but the 5* gacha units right now aren't much better than the free story units. Yeah, we'll get Blue & Pidgeot on the next banner, but I'm amassing gems for when we see Dragonite, Metagross, maybe even some legendary birds will show up. I have a strong feeling they'll invalidate every unit on the first two banners.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking of going back to re-download Epic7, cuz I feel like I can't resist with this great gacha game.

Anything else new about the drop rates, the gameplay, and etc?

Mio

Oct 16, 2018
I'm thinking of going back to re-download Epic7, cuz I feel like I can't resist with this great gacha game.

Anything else new about the drop rates, the gameplay, and etc?

They revamped the summon system and added pity to all the banner heroes (121 summons = pity)

Considering how generous the game is with free resources, you can
expect building a pity every 2 months or so.
New heroes are released monthly, so as a full f2p you can expect to get at least half of them. Not bad, right?

They also increased means to get Galaxy Bookmarks, from the looks of it I think they want to double the rate of acquisition of galaxy BMs.

They introduced a pity for "Mystic Summons" (The special gacha that provides the newest moonlight unit alongside a rotation of old heroes). There's a 200 pity that does not reset between banners. Means you can roll as much as you want on different banners and eventually get a unit despite the 0.6%.

They increased also the means at which you can get Mystic Bookmarks, most notably with the Secret Shop refreshes. We made some calculation and tested it ourselves, if you invest 1000 skystones weekly in shop refreshes (you should get about 1500/1800 skystones weekly as f2p), you will get both Covenant Bookmarks and Mystic bookmarks to sustain the regular banners and guarantee a 200 pity on Mystics every 3 or 4 months (A new ML hero is released every 2 months, so you can expect to get half of them as f2p if you follow this route).

Some exciting news for tonight's patch notes. A new challenge system is being implemented that will let you customize your hero skills. (Pick one of three upgrades basically)

And more to come.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They revamped the summon system and added pity to all the banner heroes (121 summons = pity)

New heroes are released monthly, so as a full f2p you can expect to get at least half of them. Not bad, right?

They also increased means to get Galaxy Bookmarks, from the looks of it I think they want to double the rate of acquisition of galaxy BMs.

They introduced a pity for "Mystic Summons" (The special gacha that provides the newest moonlight unit alongside a rotation of old heroes). There's a 200 pity that does not reset between banners. Means you can roll as much as you want on different banners and eventually get a unit despite the 0.6%.

They increased also the means at which you can get Mystic Bookmarks, most notably with the Secret Shop refreshes. We made some calculation and tested it ourselves, if you invest 1000 skystones weekly in shop refreshes (you should get about 1500/1800 skystones weekly as f2p), you will get both Covenant Bookmarks and Mystic bookmarks to sustain the regular banners and guarantee a 200 pity on Mystics every 3 or 4 months (A new ML hero is released every 2 months, so you can expect to get half of them as f2p if you follow this route).

Some exciting news for tonight's patch notes. A new challenge system is being implemented that will let you customize your hero skills. (Pick one of three upgrades basically)

And more to come.

You can't have it both ways, if you're hitting the 121 pity you won't have enough to "grind" mystics with shop refreshes and vice versa

Oct 25, 2017

And more to come.

Hmm, the half sounds nice for change, but for the other, I may still hold for the next patch before I chime in. Thanks for the info.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Hey, turns out a snafu in Mobius: FINAL FANTASY is leading up to a couple of compelmenttery pulls in early September! If you ended up affected by said snafu, you'll be compensated for your effort and resources!

Mobius is a fun game, at least it was last time I got into it, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to give it a try to see if you might have fun with it! I think they have an FF8 event going on right now?

Last edited:

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
Impressions of Pokemon Masters?

It's a pretty decent game. A lot of flashy animations. I had quite a bit of luck and pulled two 5* trainers already.

Currently my level 70 Houndoom is shredding everything in sight.

I guess the realy problem with the game is there is no endgame content at the moment. Once you finish the story there isn't much to do.

The game is going to be very popular though.

Mio

Oct 16, 2018
You can't have it both ways, if you're hitting the 121 pity you won't have enough to "grind" mystics with shop refreshes and vice versa

You can actually and that's what most of us are doing.
Shop refreshes bring you both Covenant Bookmarks and Mystic Bookmarks.
You can expect averagely 70 covenant bookmarks (14 pulls) and 350 mystic bookmarks (7 pulls) every 1000 skystones, compared to just 50 covenant bookmarks if you trade 950 skystones.

However, this system will be taxing on your Gold (since you are purchasing bookmarks).
Meaning it will hinder your progression.

You can get approximately 5 million gold per week just by playing the game.
Sustaining those bookmarks will cost you about 4 million gold.

If you follow this system you will have 1 million and about 600 skystones "left for free" every week plus those bookmarks above.

Not saying you HAVE to do it, but saying the system is there and we're testing it. It works.

Sabin found that a good balance is to use 1000 skystones weekly for shop refreshes, and the remaining 600 skystones for Energy Refills aimed at getting the extra Gold to sustain the bookmarks purchase.

I'm personally not refreshing with skystones and just accumulating some extra.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shop refreshes are random are they not? Are those figures based on data mined rates or on fan collected data? If the latter how big a data set are we talking about?

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Good news in Magia Record, free multipulls started today.
First one netted me 4* memoria and banner girl.

Screenshot_20190822-173804.png

Bad news is that new girl is not great and same can be said from memoria...
Atleast I can level up Tsukuyo Amane easily thanks to event and another slots to level up will be Tsuruno Yui.
If iam not getting more random 4* from these multitickets, I will go towards pity and getting dupe would mean second memoria slot.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, congrats!

I did the paid 4* guaranteed pull and got the girl I wanted: Mami! She was going to be my Mitama Ticket choice, so now I have to think of someone else. It'll probably be Kyoko 'cause I love the character and she's part of the main group. Or maybe I'll unlock a second socket for someone, maybe a third (Ren). I'll have time to decide, anyway.

Edit: Forgot to use the daily ten 10x tickets. I got a 4* Magical Girl out of it: Momoko. ...Who I'll never use. I thought it was Kyoko and got excited. Oh well, she's cute at least.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I got the "I Made Friends" Memoria in Magia Record from the free tickets. Not bad!

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I got the "I Made Friends" Memoria in Magia Record from the free tickets. Not bad!
Grats to your haul.

Today I got again same 4* memoria than yesterday, its tank memoria (guaranteed taunt and def viii up for one turn). At first I was going to ascend the one I got yesterday. Then I remembered I could do double tank shenanigans since I have Kokoro (light) & Kirika (dark) tanks. That would mean 2 turns guaranteed taunt at boss wave.

Also pulled first from friend point gacha and got 4* memoria "Dependable Negotiator" (Damage inflicted down ix all foes 1 turn, Status Ailment Resistance up viii self 1 turn). That thing was ascended, already ascended 2 times...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Grats to your haul.

Today I got again same 4* memoria than yesterday, its tank memoria (guaranteed taunt and def viii up for one turn). At first I was going to ascend the one I got yesterday. Then I remembered I could do double tank shenanigans since I have Kokoro (light) & Kirika (dark) tanks. That would mean 2 turns guaranteed taunt at boss wave.

Also pulled first from friend point gacha and got 4* memoria "Dependable Negotiator" (Damage inflicted down ix all foes 1 turn, Status Ailment Resistance up viii self 1 turn). That thing was ascended, already ascended 2 times...
Thanks!

Sorry to hear about your dupes, but at least it sounds like you might have found a use for your first one. That second ascended one though...but hey, one step closer to being fully ascended? There's still a handful of days left, so you might get something else to go along with it!

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks!

Sorry to hear about your dupes, but at least it sounds like you might have found a use for your first one. That second ascended one though...but hey, one step closer to being fully ascended? There's still a handful of days left, so you might get something else to go along with it!

Yup. Iam not worried about memorias, we get what we get. As long as they are obtainable from friend point gacha Iam good to go. Also that earlier HP regen event memoria is in good use on every party member.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like August 29th is the official date for Pokémon Masters.

English announcement is probably in five hours.