• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joe Molotov

Oct 25, 2017
I hate the 2* & 3* animations in Magia Record, they always trick me into thinking I'm about to get something good lol

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a tier list for pokemon masters? and about currency, is it that limited? I'm on chapter 2 and i only have 300 gems lol. How many free units do you get anyways ?

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
Is there a tier list for pokemon masters? and about currency, is it that limited? I'm on chapter 2 and i only have 300 gems lol. How many free units do you get anyways ?

The only tier list is the one listed below but I'm not sure how good it is at the moment.

https://pokemonmasters.gamepress.gg/guide/tier-lists-v00010-approved-members-pm-community

Gems are very scarce. I have done maybe 15 pulls total and I've finished the main story and completed a lot of the training quests.

So far I have two 5* units and about 4-5 4* units.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I recently picked up E7 again, so I'm not even sure if I'll bother with Pokemon Masters. At the very least, I'll probably wait and see how the F2P currency ends up, if they remain really tight on it I likely won't even bother. It also depends on what the content looks like and such, since what we've seen so far only applies to the preview build.

No time to play everything, I tell ya!

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
So, in Langrisser they added skip tickets for the daily realm maps, which was very much needed. However, they still have it so map events scale to your player level with no regards to your gear, so it's possible for the map events to out-scale you and for you to hit a wall if you're not keeping up with your gear/levels. This was the reason I initially quit when I first started playing (while dailies made me quit the second time). FG was showcasing the reduced daily grind and wanted to speedrun the dailies, but just got stopped dead because map events still don't have an easier daily alternative. You also still need to complete all the dailies for the daily Trinity Crystal reward instead of just some and the Arena daily still requires a win instead of just playing one Arena match, which I remember being the reason Rixa quit.

Also was reminded how awful the game is for re-rolling because it literally remembers your Guest account even if you delete the app, and literally has no method of deleting your account in-game. I wanted to redo my account after playing an hour or so because I wanted a different starter Matthew (also dumb that you can't pick a class and you basically need to RNG your way to what you want), and this was basically the last straw for me to just give up on trying out the game again. The game's core is solid, but all these issues just piled on top of each other as I re-visited the game to where I'd rather just wait for Pokémon Masters or Arknights to take my last daily gacha spot.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
chrono hates discord, if you were his real friend you'd know that
400522221434568714.png

Not my fault Chrono changed their avatar

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Come back to FGO discord Chrono
Oh right. Discord.

chrono hates discord, if you were his real friend you'd know that
See, this. You're still a friend Shirou, but yeah. This.

I wouldn't necessarily say I "hate" Discord, I just don't find a particular use for it. I spend enough time actually playing these gacha games, if I had to spend time instant-chatting with people about them too...

That's a scary thought.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Discord is da bes.

But back to gacha, I have significantly cooled on Pokemon Masters hype as well. E7 made some really good changes lately and with Arknights coming up, which I am way more excited for (especially as a second gacha), I dunno if I need another gacha.

That said, of course I'll download it, but I went from 10/10 hype to 5/10.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, now that I've seen more gameplay and details Pokemon Masters is less appealing. I have 7 gachas installed right now, I don't have time for lesser ones.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Sad that Chrono won't join Discord.

I'll just treat Masters as a side game, it doesn't look like it's trying to be more than that (just like FEH).

And yeah, that Langrisser video was hilarious. Sweep Tickets are a great fix but "do literally all dailies for your crystals" and the Event maps are still terrible design (it should be noted though that FG had no idea what he was doing team building wise).

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This tweet made me smile.

Sure, take a break from a limited time event to do the main story, since there's no break in-between to get things done. Yeah, I'm going to pass on that.

Even with all of the AP potions they're handing out from the daily missions, I really don't know where I'm going to find the time to actually continue through the story, assuming they keep the pace as is. BTW, Sayaka apparently arrives next week, which only arrived several months after release in the Japanese version. If they keep going like this, Ultimate Madoka is going to be the six month/Christmas unit. They'll kind of have to release her before the one year anniversary, since apparently she's super important in the final episode of the current chapter.

It'll be interesting seeing how it all ends up, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't starting to get burnt out. There's just no time for a breather, and when you play more than a few gacha games, it can only add to the frustration. Love the game, but I hate the pace.

shoyz

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Anybody know anything about Monster Dream Company, the new spinoff of Monster Strike? It looks like it's launching September 5th.
At a glance, it looks a bit like those idle tower games, ala Tiny Tower. But the gameplay looks to be a board game where you choose a path, and roll the dice to see how far along it you go, the goal seeming to be to collect enough gold to clear the level without getting killed by the boss.

Joe Molotov

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, take a break from a limited time event to do the main story, since there's no break in-between to get things done. Yeah, I'm going to pass on that.

Even with all of the AP potions they're handing out from the daily missions, I really don't know where I'm going to find the time to actually continue through the story, assuming they keep the pace as is. BTW, Sayaka apparently arrives next week, which only arrived several months after release in the Japanese version. If they keep going like this, Ultimate Madoka is going to be the six month/Christmas unit. They'll kind of have to release her before the one year anniversary, since apparently she's super important in the final episode of the current chapter.

It'll be interesting seeing how it all ends up, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't starting to get burnt out. There's just no time for a breather, and when you play more than a few gacha games, it can only add to the frustration. Love the game, but I hate the pace.

I managed to squeeze in time to finish the new story chapters, but I think I'm getting pretty close to burn out on this game. The combination of the rates being so low, the gem payouts being so stingy, and the events coming so fast is making this game feel like a minimum wage job. Just doing the dailies is a chore, it's 20 freaking missions!

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I definitely think my preference for gacha localizing is: all one server > different servers same patch > different servers slow rollout > different servers accelerated rollout. Accelerated rollout is especially bothersome if the grind isn't tuned for the shortened timeframe, making it incredibly difficult or even impossible to complete the event like Revue's Halloween event when trying to 6* the event girl. At least Revue's skipping feature lets you skip 80-90% of the grind, though I was dubious on joining the Magia train when I saw they were also doing the accelerated rollout plan.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Got a good free roll in Magia Record.

Of course this happens right AFTER I max out the character I had set as the trainee for the training event...

Regarding the pacing: Since you can just auto most event grind quests in Magia Record, what I usually do is just have the game play itself while I'm at work/playing other games. I do story quests when I want to actually play the game.

The main issue is when you have events with lots of individual quests like the Kazumi event coming out at the same time as the main story chapters. I just put clearing the main story on hold until the event was over for that one.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sayaka Miki is coming out soon for Magia Record. Only 5 months ahead of JP schedule lol.

I did 5 free pulls for Tsukuyo Amane and still haven't gotten her. Only 2 days left and its not looking good for me to pull her.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I guess the datamine was true after all. This is too damn fast, it really makes me appreciate FGO NA's pace.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Are we finally getting Love Live All-Stars? They are showing a new R card idol every day, its clearly a countdown to mid-TGS or the event they have planned for 9.21~23. Hype!!

They did not even save the best for last, surprisingly. Todays card;

EC0xsE3U4AEO_FA.jpg

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Sayaka Miki is coming out soon for Magia Record. Only 5 months ahead of JP schedule lol.
I guess the datamine was true after all. This is too damn fast, it really makes me appreciate FGO NA's pace.

This means that Tart a.k.a. (I learned today) Jeanne d'Arc is soon and that means Iam prolly not using my resources (need 36 pulls) for pity after these free pulls. Also that means I need to do story (grind huoh, but i like to read it) for as many gems as possible.

Glad that I emptied event shop already and been getting extra Curse ships. Ill get Tsuruno to 100 and then to do story. I need craploads of gems.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This means that Tart a.k.a. (I learned today) Jeanne d'Arc is soon and that means Iam prolly not using my resources (need 36 pulls) for pity after these free pulls. Also that means I need to do story (grind huoh, but i like to read it) for as many gems as possible.

Glad that I emptied event shop already and been getting extra Curse ships. Ill get Tsuruno to 100 and then to do story. I need craploads of gems.
Just be careful. If you pull for Tart you probably won't be able to do the same for Ultimate Madoka, since I have a feeling she'll arrive well before our first anniversary (given the pace of the game, she kind of has to). I can see them dropping her at the six month/holiday celebration, and then Iroha/Yachiro (the second anniversary characters in Japan) at our one year anniversary. They can't really delay Ultimate Madoka too much, since she's tied in with Chapter 10 of the current story.

I want Tart, but I'm going to continue saving for Ultimate Madoka. I know Tart is probably better for PVP (although she's a monster in PVE as well), but Ultimate Madoka is who I really need.

authentic jp experience (tm) is the true path in the end
It really is.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the double post, but this is important. Apparently there's a bug in Magia Record right now, and the Master level of the Awakening Dungeon. You know those Rainbow Orbs that never drop? Well right now the enemy that drops it (bird thing) has a 100% chance to appear. So yeah, burn your AP potions and grind them out! It'll probably be fixed at reset.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like they fixed the bug. I felt I could have farmed more, but I chose to eat dinner instead. :(

Oh well, I'm currently at 44 rainbow orbs, so they should last me a while. I hope.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Obviously that bug was when Europe was sleeping. Bah :(. UltiMadoka prolly comes in 6m time, so soon too XD.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the double post, but this is important. Apparently there's a bug in Magia Record right now, and the Master level of the Awakening Dungeon. You know those Rainbow Orbs that never drop? Well right now the enemy that drops it (bird thing) has a 100% chance to appear. So yeah, burn your AP potions and grind them out! It'll probably be fixed at reset.
Wtf, Rainbow orbs dropped at 100% for a limited time!?! Omg, would have use pots like a madman for them. Shame they fixed it asap. That was probably that maintenance they did yesterday.

Oh well, I got Tsuruno's doppel. I can finally slack on Magia. First time in months.

I was doing mirrors and now I'm getting an Error Code 503. LOL, behold, its another maintenance? I didn't see any update for one besides the one on 8/29 or Miki. Loaded back to the title screen and its an emergency maintenance until 5:30 am.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I was doing mirrors and now I'm getting an Error Code 503. LOL, behold, its another maintenance? I didn't see any update for one besides the one on 8/29 or Miki. Loaded back to the title screen and its an emergency maintenance until 5:30 am.

Yup I was doing restart thingies in extra 5 and then was greeted with Em maintenancy message. Also was trying to get some curse null memoria from FP gacha (had 17k fp). No clue if there is one but I didn't get. But I did get "I made friends" and another 4* memoria. So that lucked out.

Stupid thing with story is, if I want to auto I need to bring 2 units (me & friend) in order to get connect. Doing Chapter 5 Episode 6 at the moment.

Edit: Reddit is speculating that letting auto (for first time) is a bug and this maintenance will "fix" it back to old state. If thats a thing atleast I autoed story alot before emergency maintenance.

Edit2: They took those extra ROrbs away and compensated them. BUT they are again in Emergency Maintenace, cause they fucked compensation :D.
I didn't have time to claim them tho nor use em :/ But I think there are atleast 200 gems and 5 Rainbow orbs too many (inbox had 10 Rainbow orbs, pics are showing one stack twice)

Screenshot_20190827-154047.png
Screenshot_20190827-154105.png

Last edited:

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I just VPNed into Pokémon Masters for a quick check before launch. It's so beautiful and smooth. Combat is better than expected. Currency was an absolute crawl but it's pre-launch so that's not indicative of release. I like that there's a pity system already in place at least.
Deleted my account since apparently you can't change regions once you select at the beginning and I don't want to be locked to Canada.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised to see them compensate. It can be seen as a good thing, that they have faith in the game and don't want to let errors like this slip. I was wondering what happened to those who spent all of their rainbow orbs right away (how could they reclaim them?), but I guess nothing? It kind of makes me regret not spending mine, haha. Oh well.

I only got 300 gems (not 500), five orbs, and a bunch of AP potions. It's all good, though.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently, those that used from 0-5 orbs got gems and orbs, from 6-30 only the gems, and if more than 31 nothing

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, so the more you did the less you get? Doesn't really seem fair but it explains a bit. I can't imagine too many people on Reddit are happy about that.

I still got 300 gems and five orbs out of it, so I'm happy.