• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently 300 gems (100 + 200) and the 5 rainbow orbs are the indicated compensation. Some people (like Rixa) are getting double of the 200 gems and 5 rainbow orbs, which shouldn't have happened. So yeah, it's kind of a mess.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they took away the extra Rainbow Orbs that dropped at 100% drop rate and gave AP potions to compensate. Anything over 30 is nothing. I got 300 gems and 5 Rainbow Orbs too. I didn't get double stack of Rainbow Orbs like Rixa though.

Those that used the Rainbow Orbs before maintenance made out like a bandit lol.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I was planning on hoarding them for future girls, but if I knew they were going to reclaim them I would have spent them on my 2/3*'s, haha.

Oh well.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got a 2nd I Made Friends memoria from the FP summon so that was nice. I got nothing off the free 10x roll for Tsukuyo banner. I did 3x multis and got Ren from the pity. Literally, the last card of my 3rd pull got me her.
0/100 Pity lol.

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
kbp_narutoxboruto_pic8.jpg

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Are we supposed to get one more free ten pull in Magia Record? It says the event runs until 8/29 11:59PM PDT, so it sounds like we should get another login bonus when it hits 8/29 12AM PDT.

Edit: Never mind, used a few single tickets (4-5) and managed to get the pity breaker at around 72 pulls. It ended up being Tsukuyo who, while she isn't the strongest magical girl, I'm still happy with. At least Tsukasa has her sister now.

As a whole the banner went pretty well for me, and I only spent these single tickets. The hoarding for Ultimate Madoka can now continue.

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I did 3x multis and got Ren from the pity. Literally, the last card of my 3rd pull got me her.
Never mind, used a few single tickets (4-5) and managed to get the pity breaker at around 72 pulls. It ended up being Tsukuyo who, while she isn't the strongest magical girl, I'm still happy with. At least Tsukasa has her sister now.
My several 10 free pull in magia record went really well, i got the 4* banner girl and 4* modaka kanime

Since I got those 500 gems without doing anything, except "suffer" from maintenances I figured I do max 36 pulls (Pity was 64 cause I got event girl at 4th pull when freebies started). Kinda was hoping for some dupe. Well nope. It was literally 100/100 pull that pity breaked (was doing last 16 pulls with single tickets). Got Rena new to me, I think she is good girl but obviously at this point I kinda want dupes for extra memoria slots.

All in all 104 pull netted me 2x 4* unit and ~7 4* memorias (3 of them were the banner memoria and one banner memoria I got FP summon). Also FP pulls netted me 4 or 5 4* memorias. Good stuff, now to save.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
ATTN: Magia Record players:

According to Reddit, people there have contacted MR customer service and have confirmed that we WILL be receiving another free ten pull (and the rest of the birthday login rewards, so a few more medals and Magia Stones) tonight at reset (12AM PDT). You have to be logged into the game before the Tsukuyo banner ends to use it though, so you only have a three hour window. We'll see soon enough if they're right, but I'll definitely be logging in!

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
I finally 2 slotted Tsuruno, so now I can do the mirror meme set up, where you win as long as she survives the first turn.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even bother with Mirrors, I just run a weak level 1 girl and get my five losses, haha. I might put something together for the ranking though, for the rewards.

Joe Molotov

Oct 25, 2017
How long do we have to do the Dopple Challenge? I don't see an end date anywhere, so is it just a permanent fixture until you complete it?

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
it's not 400 summons like it makes it seem, it's just 134... I mean, it's better, but it's still a lot for how little currency they give, but hopefully they get the stick off their asses soon
In Discord someone said that he / she has made 33 summon from day 1 of Soft Laucnh days and has collected almost all gems that available (did say that 35 pulls would be close to max).

30 Gems from daily quests, thats whopping 1 summon per 10 days...

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got Sayaka on my first 10 roll attempt. Guess I can keep saving for Ultimate Madoka.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Probably not gonna add Pokémon Masters to my mainstays. Definitely would have enjoyed Pokémon Masters more if they just... used the Pokémon battle system instead of this action one. Not like triple battles are explored much in the main games.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Pokemon Master's problem is that there is no stamina ironically. Without that you can just grind all day and max all your units in one day. No PVP also hurts it because its a goddamn Pokemon game.

Unrelated, in case anyone doesn't believe in the Tsuruno meme in Magia Record, here is a demonstration. Slap 2 magia gain up memoria on her. If you survive the first turn you win no matter what. This will change as more people have pierce evade though.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
You must have missed this thread's two-week obsession with Logres which saw everybody quitting due to the intense grind since there were no stamina limitations. ;P
What? Hahahaha. Yeah, I missed that one.

I guess with these games there's only two options:

1. Less grind but you're limited by stamina.
2. No stamina but intense grind.

I don't know which of the two is better. LOL.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No stamina but an insane grind is often a problem, I recall that's why I dropped SAO Memoria Freese

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I like it?

Dunno. I hate visiting Reddit these days, no matter the game. A cesspool of negativity and hive mind behavior. It's such a garbage site for discussion. I don't like your opinion therefore no one should see it. Shit site, shit communities.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have to say Pokemon Masters isnt grabbing me. The presentation is very slick but with no investment in the franchise I'm just sort of sliding right off it.

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
Im not too keen on it, I was able to solo a 5* (Karen) to spare me rerolling but... the gameplay and the pacing just dont speak to me. I just binded my account and uninstalled, I may revisit once it matures a bit more. It's sad too since I'm a big Pokemon fan.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
If you're not into Pokemon at all I doubt the gameplay alone can carry interest for too long.

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017
"No Stamina" system is definitely worse in every game I've played due to how they balance the grind and resource acquisition. I'm mildy enjoying Pokemon Masters, but that's due to seeing all the old characters again mostly. I'm gonna give the game a chance until the first in-game event and see if they address any feedback.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I wish Pokemon Masters had was a monthly pack where you got slowly earned paid currency (ala Dragalia Lost/Magia Record/etc.). Buying paid currency outright is ridiculous, once you burn through the one-time packs (that are still pretty expensive considering you need 3,000 gems for the guaranteed pull). We're talking $40+ CDN dollars (not factoring in the one-time packs) for enough gems to do a ten-pull, and for a random chance? No thanks. Maybe if they ever do a pick ticket, but even then it'll depend on how I feel towards the game. I'm not overly invested so far, but then it is early. We'll see if that changes.

Maybe if I wasn't committed to so many gacha games I'd be able to enjoy PM more.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I wish Pokemon Masters had was a monthly pack where you got slowly earned paid currency (ala Dragalia Lost/Magia Record/etc.). Buying paid currency outright is ridiculous, once you burn through the one-time packs (that are still pretty expensive considering you need 3,000 gems for the guaranteed pull). We're talking $40+ CDN dollars (not factoring in the one-time packs) for enough gems to do a ten-pull, and for a random chance? No thanks. Maybe if they ever do a pick ticket, but even then it'll depend on how I feel towards the game. I'm not overly invested so far, but then it is early. We'll see if that changes.

Maybe if I wasn't committed to so many gacha games I'd be able to enjoy PM more.
Same. I adore monthly packs. Especially since it tends to work out like $25 for a 10-pull NOW or $10 for a 10-pull and then a good amount toward a second within a month.
$10 is my impulse buy range for a 10-pull but prices haven't been in that range for a very long while now.