• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Nurse Fiore is having a rerun in JP Star Ocean Anamnesis. I know some people were looking forward to her before the global shutdown notice.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Datamining character data or banner assets is one thing, but can somebody explain how exactly Magia Record has news posts datamined?

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to svae up 65 rolls, I was gonna use them on Karin when she came, but Tart takes priority. I should be able to get up to 85 rolls before her banner ends.

Datamining character data or banner assets is one thing, but can somebody explain how exactly Magia Record has news posts datamined?
They probably put banner data in when they update the game, thinking no one is gonna be able to access it.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Weirdly I'm still really enjoying the Fist of the North Star gacha.
Definitely a big grind but it has nice production values and SO MUCH TO DO. It's comparable to Epic Seven in terms of how many modes and mechanics there are to dip into.
There the standard timing-based battle system, story quests, grind stages to upgrade equipment and get more character shards to increase rarity, daily stages, a tower to climb that resets each day, a PVP arena, event minigames, an entire endless runner-style daily minigame, guild facility upgrades, sending energy to friends, helping train guildmate's characters, events that reward for doing ALL of this. The list is endless and I'm still unlocking things and can see more gated off mechanics and places.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Oh goooood, I can't wait until Dragon Quest Walk comes out on September 12th for Apple and Android Devices!!!

It's only gonna be in Japanese (barring future translation), and given the fact that it's a mainly locational game, like pokemon Go Before it, It'll likely be unplayable on the American continent.

But I'd like to be proven wrong if possible! Does anyone here have any experience importing Japanese locational games and wether or not it would work in other countries? I'd love to give the game a solid try once it comes out!

bjork

Oct 27, 2017
Weirdly I'm still really enjoying the Fist of the North Star gacha.
Definitely a big grind but it has nice production values and SO MUCH TO DO. It's comparable to Epic Seven in terms of how many modes and mechanics there are to dip into.
There the standard timing-based battle system, story quests, grind stages to upgrade equipment and get more character shards to increase rarity, daily stages, a tower to climb that resets each day, a PVP arena, event minigames, an entire endless runner-style daily minigame, guild facility upgrades, sending energy to friends, helping train guildmate's characters, events that reward for doing ALL of this. The list is endless and I'm still unlocking things and can see more gated off mechanics and places.

Only thing I dislike is the VIP thing, but I also realize it's fully optional. Other than that, it's pretty fun. I managed to clear the tower day one, but tried again today on a higher difficulty and got stopped at the second to last fight. The endless runner is fun and the fights against the water rock make me laugh every time. I'm still trying to sort out how the badge things work (mamiya has one for glamorous, another for being a weapon user, etc) in regard to a team build, but so far the stages haven't been too tough. I'll be curious to see how long this one survives, but I hope it's a good while.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
Oh goooood, I can't wait until Dragon Quest Walk comes out on September 12th for Apple and Android Devices!!!

It's only gonna be in Japanese (barring future translation), and given the fact that it's a mainly locational game, like pokemon Go Before it, It'll likely be unplayable on the American continent.
I'm still hoping for it to be playable in west (with basic QooApp download), but I'm prepared to be disappointed.
It'll require some VPN and location spoofing for sure.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It really is surprising how much Pokemon Masters crashed and burned for me. I have to remind myself to log in each day, and honestly with the rewards (especially now that the launch campaign has ended) I'm not even sure that's needed anymore...

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ha, fuck me Fist of the North Star Legends Revive has fairly brutal monetisation. While I appreciate the transparency of the naked greed on show its a bit offputting e.g. the new Raoh "event" is a ranked gacha i.e. the top X players (top three if its the same as the current ranking event) get Raoh and you gain points by pulling i.e. by spending money. https://imgur.com/a/tBHHK6k

Pity as the game is pretty fun if youre a fan of the franchise but having anything other than a team filled with dickheads requires you to spend quite a large amount e.g. Toki and Mamiya are hidden behind the "VIP" system which isnt just the usual subscription model but has levels based on how much you spend (seems to be around a tenner per level and for Toki shards you need to be VIP 12).

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
The FOTNS monetization is absolutely insane, yeah. I'm still having fun with the game despite having zero knowledge of the IP but that's a benefit if anything so I don't care as much that named characters are locked behind whaling.

Joe Molotov

Oct 25, 2017
Whew, you can now auto story missions in Magia Record. Makes it a lot less of a slog to clear the new chapter.

shoyz

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Reminder that Monster Strike spin-off Monster Dream Company is now released.

It's casual, but really fun. Gameplay consists of having your team of 4 players/4 characters dropped onto a board game, and taking 8 turns rolling a dice to move across the board. The goal is to pick up the required amount of gold before running out of turns, surviving the attacks of the map's enemies, and using the scattered effect cards to your benefit.

It falls into my absolute favorite category: F2P Gacha. There are two gachas, one costs 1m game gold, and the other costs 5m gold. Gold is obtained by playing, so you can grind gacha spins and collect all the characters for free. Gems (which are still offered in events) are only used to convert into additional gold. For context: A single round in-game earns around ~1m a few days in, so you can consistently pull the gacha every single play. It uses a TsumTsum-esque model; dupes are used to skill up each character, making them stronger, and they max at level 7 so it might be possible to eliminate characters from the gacha once maxed. This game is great for constant 10-pulls and the potential of eventually maxing the gacha out.

It features 4-Player real-time multiplayer, either local or online via invite URL or LINE. (Here's a very active invite board). It's extremely easy to get past the language barrier thanks to its relative simplicity, the one issue is that you get randomized story prompts that can have a multiple choice answer to get bonus rewards. These can be memorized after guesswork or Google Translated fairly easily most of the time, or if you're lucky are automatic. These can randomly reward you with 1/3/5/8/10 or even 30 million gold, so a lucky story event can be an immediate 30-crank.

Today is the start of the game's first event; a week long Score Attack map. Getting scores of up to 3m rewards a few copies of the event character and a bunch of gems. And in just 2 days we're getting a boss event. Starting is really easy (and especially rerolling) as they start you off with 31 gacha tickets for the 5m gacha; I recommend making sure you grab the pink-haired hairdresser.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the event shop for the Mitami Special Training for Yachiyo. I guess I can finally do story and its double exp and support for a week. Also 5 tickets from the support shop. Need to use all my friends for points and get those.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nice that there adding a development board for the girls.
There adding 30 man raids? Never thought they would add that. Nice that they're still supporting the game.

I was just doing story and realized I didn't have to beat it to auto anymore. A gamechanger!

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Meanwhile there is the Ceres M (Seven Knight type of game) released.
Look for comments for some info. Rerolling is easy.

Europe here, it's available now. Check it.
It's still not available in Spain
Just checked, still missing from Finnish play store.

I was just doing story and realized I didn't have to beat it to auto anymore. A gamechanger!

Yup, couple weeks ago I was wondering this that huh auto in story mode. Looked reddit and word was that Global got it much earlier than JP. Very good addon :), just remember there are stages that might need manual handling to get the "Connect once" mission :D.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Ken-Oh / Raoh banner is in in Fist of the North Star. Surprisingly it has a pity limit, you need 5000 points to hit it, each pull is worth 100 points. You can get a 10 pull for 600 gems i.e. 100 points, so you only need 30K gems. The best value gem pack is 4070 for €90, so ~€663 to hit the pity. Which is actually comparable to buying a spark in GBF. The difference being of course that this game has only been out a week so no-one is likely anywhere near 30K gems.

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile there is the Ceres M (Seven Knight type of game) released.
Look for comments for some info. Rerolling is easy.

I pulled one and I can confirm it's an instant easy to pull more than one 5* of ANY characters.

I got 2 of 5* and four 4*s n a few tries. I would get 3 but 2 is still good enough for me.

Still waiting for a tier-list so I might well reroll it again, only if I desire for a better unit.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I have a lot of complaints with the way Pokemon Masters turned out, but one of the issues that bothers me the most is how endgame is so co-op focused. Coming from someone who generally likes to solo grind the events to get all of the rewards (Dragalia Lost is an exception, as the multiplayer there is enjoyable), the way you farm events in Pokemon Masters just isn't for me. And if you don't have the meta characters...well, good luck.

I don't even know why I have the game on my phone still. Maybe I hope they're going to change things, but the entire game needs an overhaul. And if it keeps making money (which it probably will, 'cause "Pokemon"), it's going to take a long time for that to happen (if ever). By then I'd probably want to re-roll anyway, especially if power-creep is a thing, which I'm sure it will be.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I pulled one and I can confirm it's an instant easy to pull more than one 5* of ANY characters.

I deleted it, was lowest setting and eating phone battery alot while charging. Then I read that 4* units are "nerfed" as in they are in Global version 5* units but they haven't done anything to em. Only good 5* units are those 5 King units.

More in the comments:

reddit user resquinox said:
I played it a year ago back when it was known as tale of the five kingdoms, so it was nice to see that they made it easier to get the king units by revamping the 5* pool, but that looks like all they changed since then.

Don't be deceived by the generous 5* rates either, they diluted the pool by putting 4* heroes in and rebranding them as 5* for this version. The only true 5* heroes are the king units (pluton,henrietta,lion guy, hellborne, and iriam), everyone else is just a 4* that they promoted to 5* for this version. None of the skills for the 4* heroes that are in the 5* pool changed either to compensate the boost in rarity so as far as I know the king units are still superior, especially since their passive skill is literally x2 stronger than the other "5* unit" in this version.

There were tons of modders too back when I played so I imagine in a couple days you'll start seeing cheaters in the pvp,raid,event rankings.

TL;DR: Good f2p fuse mechanic but still p2w b/c overwhelming advantage in pay events and packages that reset monthly. All the best 4* units are harder to get because they changed them to 5* units in this version while still keeping them comparatively worse than the original 5* king units.

My suggest is, dont spend any money to this if you (or anyone) is testing / playing this.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Also, good luck to all Magia Record players pulling for Tart/Darc! I'm still holding out for Ultimate Madoka, though it is tempting.

Since you last time mentioned saving to Godoka. Been doing it and skipping Jeanne Darc. Looked my situation now (after I used 36 pulls for pity in that banner what was during Iroha birthday). I have 2 multitix, 19 tickets and 1756 gems. Thats over 100 pulls, tho I want to have as much as possible cause better to try getting dupes.

I don't need to pull since I cruise events and if it can't be autoed I just clear it once if I can, if not or it takes too much time I skip dungeon. Lazy way to go :).
Yachio event shop is emptied but couldnt max Yachio magia lvl (or what ever that level 5 max is by running Episode), only at somewhere level 4. But it will come by time. My issue is Magia chips since I seldomly do PVP, only that one week I made 57500 points to get gems but regular pvp too lazy to manually lose or whatever.

Soon at rank 80, no clue what is rank cap and I should check my friends I bet there are some that aren't playing anymore. Also used 10000 friend points for 2 summon tickets, figured that I don't need so much memorias from FP gacha and can always pull once per day for free.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Not counting events, you can get about 35 rolls per month, so I'm confident I'll be able to save enough for Madoka/Nagisa/Homura

Shame about Karin though.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, against my earlier post I used and broke the 100 pity, got Tart tho and 3x event 4* memoria. Talk about f2p saving in fantasy vs reality.

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
Anyone else playing Saint Seiya Awakening? I've been playing for a few days now and this game is really good.

Lot's to do and the game is really polished.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I said I wouldn't roll for Darc, but I rolled for her.
I got Kirika, and Kokoro before getting Darc. Spent nearly everything to get her. No dupes from pity. Oh yeah, I got another I Made Friends Memoria. Got 3 of the 4* event Memoria and 2 of the 2* event Memoria.

If Ultimate Madoka comes out next month, I'm pretty boned.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Did around 270 rolls (all from saved gems) for Tart and got her on the last one.

I also got Mami and Momoko, and dupes of Tsukuyo, Sayaka, and Kyouko. And also like 4 or so 3*s that I didn't already have. So, a pretty good haul.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else playing Saint Seiya Awakening? I've been playing for a few days now and this game is really good.

Lot's to do and the game is really polished.

Yep, wasn't expecting much but when I heard they put the original music, they had already won me over. I'm not a big fan of the ui and all the sub-menus, but the overall presentation is good and very faithful to the original work. I also enjoy the combats for the moment.

Now I'm waiting to see how far you can go as f2p (or small dolphin).

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats on the Magia Record pulls guys! Am I the only one here still holding strong for Ultimate Madoka? 350 pulls saved so far! Seeing all of the Tar-er I mean Darc (the name is going to take some getting used to) on my friend list isn't making things easy, but I'll continue to resist.

If Ultimate Madoka comes out next month, I'm pretty boned.
I wouldn't worry. She won't be here by next month (we need to reach Chapter 10 in the main story first otherwise things won't sync up) but probably by December/January (I'm guessing December, just to get in on the holiday hype).

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got both Pluton and Hellborne for the 7th times reroll from 10-pulls. I saved them and I might get another 10-pull for another king unit, if I'm lucky.

Poyon

Mar 26, 2019
Mahjong Soul is running a pre-registration campaign for the mobile version of the game. They're about halfway currently.

I've been playing the game a bit and it's interesting... I've never played mahjong, but between the tutorial and other online resources I'm slowly getting the hang of it. At my early novice level the gacha seems to be almost impossible to use without spending some money, but at a quick glance it seemed to be purely aesthetic. I do find it odd that they don't give you any of the premium currency to use. Most gacha give you at least one free pull, but this admittedly isn't like most gacha games.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Now I'm waiting to see how far you can go as f2p (or small dolphin).

I tied it to FB, but Iam close to delete the game. Not for the pulls (they been ok) but for the lack of "Vibration OFF" button.
Seriously game has fuckton of different sliders etc in setting but you can't turn vibration off. Like wtf.

I play without sounds and I find it very annoying when you (ahem auto) loses and the stupid vibration takes effect. Even more annoying when you are not alone and you are autoing and phone is under cover and "brr" comes. Someone asks whose phone it was etc yadda yadda yadda.

Fuck the devs.